CarcanoM38

Possible additions to Italian Ground Forces

I have stopped playing Italian ground forces

1) Bad line-up (no line-up) 

2) The Leoncello will be matched against KV1-XX - and after I have tried to kill a KV-1xx with shots from all kind of angels, I have just been confirmed, that it's impossible. 

3) It's simply BORING to play the same tank over and over again. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Miss_Behaven said:

2) The Leoncello will be matched against KV1-XX - and after I have tried to kill a KV-1xx with shots from all kind of angels, I have just been confirmed, that it's impossible. 

No one force you to play Italian ground forces or anything else.

I like to walk my Leoncello sometimes, but I don't play a lot, only for fun)

PS use EPS to defeat KV-1.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Miss_Behaven said:

Sadly, so far it's hard to argue with your points (except for the part in bold - see below). Unless you're a die-hard fan of italian forces, playing the same tank over and over again can become boring, and I too experience full uptier almost constantly when playing the P40. 

Let's hope that we'll see Italian GF being expanded soon, and that will possibly renew your interest. 

Now, on to the tips for KV1 hunting:

Firs of all, switch to EPS (=HEAT), since penning KVs with EPS is tough, but with APHE it's nearly impossible. Even with EPS, you must aim carefully at weak spots, but it is doable. It's about like stabbing to death a rhino with a screwdriver. 

Your first and primary goal is to disable the gun. If you can prevent it from firing back, half of the work is done.

If you catch a KV from the side/rear, always shoot the turret first, aiming for the gun breech. If the turret is angled, you may still fail to pen, but as long as you can get a flat enough angle, EPS will pass through. If it faces you, your best chance is to shoot it straight in the middle of the rounded mantlet, possibly to its left part (right for you). If you hit the round part in a flat enough point, you will pen and kill the gunner and/or the breech. The good news is, that part is a common weakspot for EVERY KV-1 variant, including the up-armoured E and B versions. 

Once the gun is down, you can (according to the situation) immobilize it and then flank and spank, or keep shooting a reliable weakspot and play whack-a-crew until it's gone. 

Shooting the hull is usually unreliable, since besides the heavy armor there's also plenty of elements that can "eat" your EPS even with side or rear shots. Moreover, if you shoot the side below the turret, even if you pen there's a chance that all the damage will be absorbed by the huge radiators on both sides. So, go for the turret and "punch them in the face". 

• Thanks 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Miss_Behaven said:

These problems can only be solved with the introduction of new tanks.

We can only wait, and meanwhile it's absolutely legit to stop playing italian ta... the P40. I'm bored too...

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Till now the italian lineup have a only big broblem: not only there's only one tank but also a few plane able to do CAS in the tree! If maybe Gaijin will enlarge the attackers's number before or at the relaese of italian GF there would be more interesting approaches to CAS by italian planes.

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, ANYangeloVV said:

Till now the italian lineup have a only big broblem: not only there's only one tank but also a few plane able to do CAS in the tree! If maybe Gaijin will enlarge the attackers's number before or at the relaese of italian GF there would be more interesting approaches to CAS by italian planes.

I hope they will add it simultaneously)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, ANYangeloVV said:

I think CAS is only now a problem, because Italy has some neat ground attackers.

Here is a link http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php/8296-The-Italian-aircraft-armament/page2

Scrolling down you can see some equipped with tank guns, such as the 47/32 autocannon.

Edited by SergenteA
Messing up with the post
  • Upvote 2

Could the original P26/40 be considered in the ground tech tree? The original version equipped with the 47/32 gun and the 20 mm autocannon as coaxial.

4 hours ago, SergenteA said:

Could the original P26/40 be considered in the ground tech tree? The original version equipped with the 47/32 gun and the 20 mm autocannon as coaxial.

Maybe as a premium?

5 hours ago, SergenteA said:

The only Italian tank armed with these armaments was the P.75, a multi turreted tank which never left paper.

IMG_0083.thumb.JPG.3d67d821ec6e440b25707

Later the 47mm gun was  replaced with a 75mm gun (probably a 75/18). The 20mm gun however was not removed.

In 1940 the hull was modified and two mock ups were built. However, no prototypes were produced.

IMG_0082.JPG.db4cf422c86b9b01a5cc2f1fa2d

Don't worry, there are tho variants that might be included into the game:

IMG_0081.JPG.560d83102aec013a419cd227bb3

P40 with a 75mm gun 75/18.

IMG_0080.JPG.d41aa42663e2a0188312a49a598

P40 with a 75mm gun 75/32.

Some say a P40 with a 420hp engine was also produced, but there are no documents and/or photos that prove the existence of this vehicle.

Edited by Cpl_Stalinium
  • Upvote 2

Imagine getting boring reskins of allied tanks over these Italian beasts. Well, it will probably happen unfortunately so better get used to it. :(  

1 hour ago, SergenteA said:

Do you think the Italian tech tree will have the M60 Super Sherman and the Chaffe with the HVMS 60/85 gun?

The M60 Super Sherman has nothing to do with Italy, is an american design modified by France (the M-50 and 51) and Israel (there was the version with the 60mm in service with Chile, but the tank itself is not much related to Italy).

The Chaffee with the 60mm... (wich for the record, is not a /85 but a /70 i found out that the israeli variant is a /85 and the italian one a /70 calibers but this may be incorrect, because depends if the take into account the cannon breach or not), is the same story as the Super Sherman, used by, i think, Venezuela, and is not truly related except for the cannon developed by Italy and Israel.

If you are interested in italian vehicles with the 60mm gun there are some variants of:

The C-13 with the turret T60/70A

Spoiler

Risultati immagini per 60mm oto

A prototype of the Centauro with the same turret:

Spoiler

Risultati immagini per 60mm oto

there are also some more, but they are even more mysterious, like a version of the 6616 armored car and the Dardo IFV

Edited by LordNemoII
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, LordNemoII said:

:blink:  and ? what is the purpose of this post?

He's just very excited for tiny tankettes of doom of course. :D

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, LordNemoII said:

The Chaffee with the 60mm... (wich for the record, is not a /85 but a /70 i found out that the israeli variant is a /85 and the italian one a /70 calibers but this may be incorrect, because depends if the take into account the cannon breach or not), is the same story as the Super Sherman, used by, i think, Venezuela, and is not truly related except for the cannon developed by Italy and Israel.

The Chaffe with the 60 mm prototype was developed in Italy.

Also links to the War Thunder duscussion.

Edited by SergenteA
Added links
  • Like 1

If they're going to go down the route of reskins for the Royal Army after the armistice how are Sims battles going to go? It will be a identification nightmare...

On 28/4/2018 at 12:28 PM, Vand3rz said:

If they're going to go down the route of reskins for the Royal Army after the armistice how are Sims battles going to go? It will be a identification nightmare...

Just watch the colors in this case... Anyway "we are working on it, stay tuned"

16 minutes ago, BlueBeta said:

Just watch the colors in this case... Anyway "we are working on it, stay tuned"

Finally some discussion. I'm starved for info and just general Italian GF talk. Come on people, let's get speculating.

I guess this kind of confirms at least a few reskins seeing as old Blue is giving us hints - though this is a given. It doesn't confirm nor deny any chance of some more...interesting and unique vehicles from inclusion. Maybe something with "P" as the first letter. Hopefully we'll see at least one new tank added in 1.79 as part of an "irregular" release schedule.  

I guess co-belligerent tanks will have the distinctive tan colour? Has anyone got some colour photographs or illustrations they can post?

Edited by Vand3rz
  • Upvote 1

The italian cobelligerant vehicles were still italian (the Ariete II used M15/42s and some semoventes (105/25). I think we could exclude the 2 main reskins that will made the game messy: the M4 and the M10 (italy has indigenous machines that can fit their battleratings)
We'll probably see the firefly maybe, and the M18 wich were never reskinned in other nations (just to fill that 5.something hole). I'm almost sure there will be the M48 at rank V, and the Leo1

23 minutes ago, ANYangeloVV said:

The italian cobelligerant vehicles were still italian (the Ariete II used M15/42s and some semoventes (105/25). I think we could exclude the 2 main reskins that will made the game messy: the M4 and the M10 (italy has indigenous machines that can fit their battleratings)
We'll probably see the firefly maybe, and the M18 wich were never reskinned in other nations (just to fill that 5.something hole). I'm almost sure there will be the M48 at rank V, and the Leo1

In my opinion the most logical thing to do is to leave all the italian-made ww2 tanks in the Axis side with the RSI markings, maybe with the possibility to unlock or buy the Cobelligerent skins.

medal medal medal

4 hours ago, ANYangeloVV said:

To my knowledge Italy never used M48s, atleast in big quantities.

Plus the M48 battle rating is covered by M47 native variants.