CarcanoM38

Possible additions to Italian Ground Forces

21 minutes ago, Serpiko82 said:

Still it could be useful to have a 2.0-2.7 AAA, the Sahariana can't really compete up to 3.0 before switching to the Quadrinato. 

Reveal hidden contents

People still complain about the low R3 BR for "historical immersion". Giving another vehicle in a low rank it's enough. Low rating vehicles are fine and in numbers, it's better focus in other areas.

24 minutes ago, Serpiko82 said:

Please expand, so we can have a rough idea about what's boiling in the pot. 

a1ffd646c00bb8f640f9c2d99c3b4973-0.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pavel said:

DARDO GET!

I don't even wait it after the latest hullbreak changes, what is the point of such vehicles if it can be destroyed by absolutely everything through this magic mechanics? So many vehicles were just thrown into the trash bin.

Edited by _Condottiero_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, _Condottiero_ said:

I don't even wait it after the latest hullbreak changes, what is the point of such vehicles if it can be destroyed by absolutely everything through this magic mechanics. So many vehicles were just thrown into the trash bin.

I don't care, I just want more IFVs.

medal medal medal medal medal

On 22/01/2020 at 09:54, BlueBeta said:

My personal view, of course i know all these vehicles an much others.

M4 3.0, M4A2 4.0, Pz4G and T-34: No, Italy has already that BR filled enough and doesn't need at all these vehicles that ruins the "autarky".

P30/43 in all types: ABSOLUTELY not. Paper tanks that will never have space in War Thunder (there is another game for these kind of vehicles).

OF-24: no, totally no info about that and i've a little suspect that the OTO never really built it but just designed it. Right now seems a border line paper tank.

Leone: unfortunately not, because of too few images without details, none internal scheme. It would be a nice 7.3 premium (not regular) but you have to think as a 3d modeller, a "name list and 2 photos" aren't enough to create it.

F333E: it's a nice and maybe fun car, it would be a fast vehicle (120km/h) with a light armor (protects up to 7.7mm) and well armed with Folgore missiles, 106sr, milan and tow (different combinations) , but not enough info about ammo location,count and deployement. This vehicle was taken in account but discharged due this. So it has been replaced by the R3 for the same role (trolling fun machine). The BR should be above 7.0

Freccia T90: ??? Any photo of it? Because i know that the first prototype of the Freccia (that were named Centauro too) were armed with the T20+tow or the T60/70A turrets only.

M113 AA variants: these vehicles were taken into account too and not done because the low success. Only the twin AA gunned one i think that is worth for an addition. More info about the turret design is needed to be done. For the single gunned ones is a "no".

C13 with 4x25: yes it can be done but folded with the sidam 25, they are 95% identical, both without search radar, the main difference is the NVD for the C13.

M113 with SS11 missiles: yes can be done too, needed more info, photo and schemes for the turret and how many missiles (if there are) are carried in the vehicle because right now it's guessable as 10+2 (with the TOW storage configuration) but not confirmed.

M43 105/25 "late": yes can be done and added (maybe folded) after the normal 105 one but the BR should be the same or at max 0.3 highter. Not a needed priority tank but a fast one to be done.

M113 HS820: already answered before, not an exciting tank for players. Better not.

M113 with RH202: it's a VCC1 (sightly different Italian variant improved M113) but with a single cannon. As the other , better not.

M113 with twin Oerlikon: this is interesting but more info needed (ammo count, ammo rack count and were are placed, turret schemes and more images).

"Big gun trucks": there is a problem with the anchorage system that locks or limit the gun traverce, this is an issue that right now delay these vehicles.

My post should be taken as an answer to "why these vehicles aren't in game yet since they are known?" and not as "hey i'm a bad guy that won't have these vehicles in game".

Just realized M24 is not mentioned in comment. :008:  I guess for it there is a NO for same reason as for other tanks in same comment line.

Well... is one of my favourite tanks in game and it's really fun to use, I wonder how we (theoretically) could differentiate it in Italian tree compared to other trees.

The photo below always catched my curiosity for some details, but I'm not expert.

M24-Chaffee_Esercito_Italiano.thumb.jpg.

Edited by cfracas
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, cfracas said:

Just realized M24 is not mentioned in comment. :008:  I guess for it there is a NO for same reason as for other tanks in same comment line.

Well... is one of my favourite tanks in game and it's really fun to use, I wonder how we (theoretically) could differentiate it in Italian tree compared to other trees.

The photo below always catched my curiosity for some details, but I'm not expert.

M24-Chaffee_Esercito_Italiano.thumb.jpg.

Maybe the modernized version with 60mm gun? 

The M24 in italian service were identical to the US ones but without side mudguards as in all US vehicles in Italian service... Italians don't really like side mudguards :D

• Thanks 1

Another possible way to fill low rank 3 lineup could be by simply promoting P40 from rank 2 to rank3 adding a filler to rank 2 (M16/43 ?)

It would not be so strange to have a BR3.3 (AB) tank in rank 3 (in fact 3.3 is the Arcade BR of M24 and is already rank 3).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 05/02/2020 at 19:04, _Condottiero_ said:

It's been requested since the introduction of the tank.

That is correct... initially I did noy agree with such proposal but now I changed my mind... is probably the only viable option.

I mentioned M16/43 to take in rank 2 the place now occupied by P40 but is not the only option.

Another possible tank that could take such place in rank 2 is the Panzer III N of "M division".

It would be a bit stripped down by schurzen and some spare tracks compared to the premium one in German tree.

Having it in rank 2 would not be as bad as the PzIV in rank 3 side by side with a Sherman.

panzer_iii_div_ccnn_m.jpg.26ea4908871317

EDIT:

In the meantime I discovered why this tank does not have schurzen on hull sides.

- The tank in German tree is very likely based on ausf M, while the "italian" is based on ausf L.

- The difference is not only in schurzen present on M and absent on L: the hull of L is shorter than M.

- There is also a difference in terms of ammo stowage between two versions.

So... the "italian" Pz.III N would be a unique combination of chassis and weapon in game.

Edited by cfracas

Here a few info on some vehicles that I’ve found, but none of these have enough info to be implemented

In 1995, at the hands of OTO Melara has been installed a modified turret of the OTOMATIC model and has been presented at “Monte Romano-88” with the name of “Semovente contraereo da 76/62”.

The cannon had a rate of fire of 120 rounds per minute with the possibility of depressing the gun till -5 and elevate it till 60.

The vehicle was also called the OTOMATIC 2 and had the possibility of loading 100 rounds, 70 in the ready rack.

Also this model had an auxiliary generator, satnav, optics for anti-tank fire, laser telemeter, search and track radar.

This model, as the previous one, was able to fire APFSDS, SAPOM and HE MOM rounds.

This model, as for the OTOMATIC 1 was too expensive and not bought by the Italian army.

AUBL/74 has been reported to be tested with:

-Scorpion turret with 90/36 gun

-turret H90 with 90/33 gun

-turret with twin 20mm anti aircraft guns of unknown origin with Galileo Optics.

But I couldn’t find images for any of these.

M113 armed with quad 12,7 Maxon anti aircrafts guns (only 1 image has been found)

AR 59 (open top jeep) armed with 8 cobra anti tank missiles (4images found) and AR59 armed with 4 mosquito anti tank missiles (1 image found)

medal medal

29 minutes ago, arpitmkn said:

Here a few info on some vehicles that I’ve found, but none of these have enough info to be implemented

In 1995, at the hands of OTO Melara has been installed a modified turret of the OTOMATIC model and has been presented at “Monte Romano-88” with the name of “Semovente contraereo da 76/62”.

The cannon had a rate of fire of 120 rounds per minute with the possibility of depressing the gun till -5 and elevate it till 60.

The vehicle was also called the OTOMATIC 2 and had the possibility of loading 100 rounds, 70 in the ready rack.

Also this model had an auxiliary generator, satnav, optics for anti-tank fire, laser telemeter, search and track radar.

This model, as the previous one, was able to fire APFSDS, SAPOM and HE MOM rounds.

This model, as for the OTOMATIC 1 was too expensive and not bought by the Italian army.

-turret with twin 20mm anti aircraft guns of unknown origin with Galileo Optics.

M113 armed with quad 12,7 Maxon anti aircrafts guns (only 1 image has been found)

AR 59 (open top jeep) armed with 8 cobra anti tank missiles (4images found) and AR59 armed with 4 mosquito anti tank missiles (1 image found)

HEY MAN GUESS WHO HAS THESE IMAGES? YA BOI!!!!

FV101 turret, was indended for export to indonasia, they ended not buying it.
866405747_Fiat66169.jpg.d2ec216dc8771ed0
This is the one i only just got access to yesterday, the turret H90, you can also see some form of prototype APC next to it.1255543278_fiat661611.jpg.eddd92e963136a

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

2 hours ago, arpitmkn said:

I hope we can get at least one of those vehicles

2 hours ago, arpitmkn said:

This sounds as real as the Ariete 2. What's the source?

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pavel said:

This sounds as real as the Ariete 2. What's the source?

Images of the vehicle, schematics and descriptions are from “Autoveicoli da combattimento dell’Esercito Italiano Dal 1956 al 1975 volume 4”

it’s besically a OTOMATIC with 10 more rounds and more ready rack

Edited by arpitmkn
medal medal

4 minutes ago, arpitmkn said:

Images of the vehicle, schematics and descriptions are from “Autoveicoli da combattimento dell’Esercito Italiano Dal 1956 al 1975 volume 4”

it’s besically a OTOMATIC with 10 more rounds and more ready rack

Wow, I'd never thought wuch a wacky vehicle was real. I guess you're not allowed to upload a picture.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pavel said:

Wow, I'd never thought wuch a wacky vehicle was real. I guess you're not allowed to upload a picture.

If not tomorrow, Sunday i’ll Make a suggestion for such vehicle, together with some other that I listed above.

also, @BlueBeta vehicles with 20/25/30mm auto cannons are not that interesting as modern vehicles, right? 

medal medal

10 hours ago, Nicholas_Concu said:

This is the one i only just got access to yesterday, the turret H90, you can also see some form of prototype APC next to it.1255543278_fiat661611.jpg.eddd92e963136a

How are they different from T90 AUBL? Do you know any information about them, like ammo, gun stabilization?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

How are they different from T90 AUBL? Do you know any information about them, like ammo, gun stabilization?

The Italian army tested the AML-90, they just took the turret and outfitted on the AUBL just like they did with the Scorpion turret, so for the stabilization and ammunitions are the same as those of the AML-90

• Thanks 2
medal medal

19 hours ago, Nicholas_Concu said:

In my opinion to add these to the game I would make that the tt one could swap the turret model to the FV 101's like some planes can choose different guns. The one with H90 turret could be a good premium or reward tank for Italy