CarcanoM38

Possible additions to Italian Ground Forces

7 hours ago, CarcanoM38 said:

Thank you! This is why I put together the list, so people who knew little about Italian vehicles could see what Italy could possess in War Thunder. @BlueBeta is the form mod, so its his decision wither or not this form deserves to be pinned. I will have to look through what has been suggested and see what information has been shared. I will try to post links to these suggestions in the OP soon.

Well please make sure to not rush it and get overburdened because believe it or not you're doing a lot more work than most of us lol so we for sure need you in tip top shape.

I'd offer to help but... no time :crying: lol. 

You don't have to reply I'm just increasing my post count lol. 

medal medal medal

I think you should also write information about P26/40 prototypes: 

1147933_original.jpg

Also this M14/41 should be a great premium: 

https://live.warthunder.com/post/351310/en/

I want this as an event vehicle)

24-4143964-moto-guzzi-trialce-zsu.jpg

https://live.warthunder.com/post/505375/en/

Edited by _Condottiero_
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

-Reorganized the OP thanks to advice from @Nemrav .

-Added some new vehicles and fixed the descriptions on a few of the old ones.

-Fixed a few hyperlinks that were redirecting to this thread. Thanks to @Vand3rz for noticing.

-Client stability improved.

Edited by CarcanoM38
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
medal medal

I'm looking at some of the captured tanks. It will be interesting to see some captured British tanks that could fill some low tier heavy tank roles which Italy lacks (of course, we don't want to see too many so definitely Premiums imo). Were the captured Valentines equipped with 2 pounders or 6 pounders? I'm not sure if or when 6 pounder variants made it to North Africa. Curious, when you say they were captured in "fall" are you talking about Autumn or the fall of positions captured by the Axis?

I have a feeling the captured T-34 will definitely be a premium or event premium simply because the image is fairly well known. I wonder if they'll model a big Italian flag flowing majestically in the wind like that artwork (speaking of which, is that based on a real image?). Such patriotism. :lol2:

Edited by Vand3rz
  • Haha 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Vand3rz said:

I wonder if they'll model a big Italian flag flowing majestically in the wind like that artwork (speaking of which, is that based on a real image?). Such patriotism. :lol2:

Then I want Centauro with a pirate flag :DD

Centauro_Romor_02.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
medal medal medal medal medal

Main post looks much nicer,

A couple more armoured cars:

Fiat 611, pre-war armoured car used to patrol east-africa: http://www.aviarmor.net/tww2/armored_cars/italy/fiat_611.htm

Spoiler

fiat_611_2.jpg

And As 43, late-war armoured car: http://www.aviarmor.net/tww2/armored_cars/italy/fiat_as43.htm

Spoiler

as43_3.jpg

This one, I believe there was at one point an article written on the forum, but it may be in the hidden Italo-Hungarian tank data thread, like the Fiat 6614 106sr.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

18 hours ago, Vand3rz said:

I'm looking at some of the captured tanks. It will be interesting to see some captured British tanks that could fill some low tier heavy tank roles which Italy lacks (of course, we don't want to see too many so definitely Premiums imo). Were the captured Valentines equipped with 2 pounders or 6 pounders? I'm not sure if or when 6 pounder variants made it to North Africa. Curious, when you say they were captured in "fall" are you talking about Autumn or the fall of positions captured by the Axis?

I have a feeling the captured T-34 will definitely be a premium or event premium simply because the image is fairly well known. I wonder if they'll model a big Italian flag flowing majestically in the wind like that artwork (speaking of which, is that based on a real image?). Such patriotism. :lol2:

I agree, would be nice to see them in the Premium lines. I believe they were the early-war 2 pounder variants. Fall as in season. The captured T34 would be a great addition, especailly if they give it the skin with the big white crosses drawn on the sides.

6 hours ago, Nemrav said:

Main post looks much nicer,

A couple more armoured cars:

Fiat 611, pre-war armoured car used to patrol east-africa: http://www.aviarmor.net/tww2/armored_cars/italy/fiat_611.htm

Reveal hidden contents

fiat_611_2.jpg

And As 43, late-war armoured car: http://www.aviarmor.net/tww2/armored_cars/italy/fiat_as43.htm

Reveal hidden contents

as43_3.jpg

This one, I believe there was at one point an article written on the forum, but it may be in the hidden Italo-Hungarian tank data thread, like the Fiat 6614 106sr.

Both are added, thank you for the links!

I will look around and see what information I can find. Although I believe that is was a South American modification. I know a few of the nations that adopted it in South America added cannons and ATGMs to the vehicles.

medal medal

So I was thinking of a light tank line with  the L6, sahariano, the other version with the original leaf spring suspension, the taifone and whatever else comes next.  recoilless tanks, 90mm cockerill and ATGMs. Thats how i was thinking of filling those gaps hungary wont occupy on release.

Also I was wondering what to do with the low tier heavies.. do we make a line with some in tier 2 with HESH rounds in 90mm gun? what higher tier italian heavies are there than the tiger1 and pershing?  Or maybe those low tier heavies can be followed by the p40 and the m13, m14 and m15 can be followed by something else? Either way, gaijin said the tree would be released without hungary 

Edited by Monkeymaddness

29 minutes ago, Monkeymaddness said:

So I was thinking of a light tank line with  the L6, sahariano, the other version with the original leaf spring suspension, the taifone and whatever else comes next.  recoilless tanks, 90mm cockerill and ATGMs. Thats how i was thinking of filling those gaps hungary wont occupy on release.

Also I was wondering what to do with the low tier heavies.. do we make a line with some in tier 2 with HESH rounds in 90mm gun? what higher tier italian heavies are there than the tiger1 and pershing?  Or maybe those low tier heavies can be followed by the p40 and the m13, m14 and m15 can be followed by something else? Either way, gaijin said the tree would be released without hungary 

The Italians developed only one proper light tank, the L6/40, so a light tanks line is almost impossible and unrealistic. If you want a light vehicles line you'd better to think about the wheeled ones.

And... "low tier heavies"? Error #404

Edited by Menarrosto
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

On 3/13/2018 at 8:40 AM, *cartman400 said:

*snip*

Thanks for posting! While it is an interesting design, I don't believe it would be a good fit to the list since it is purly paper. I don't believe a mock up was constructed . Plus, tier I is the we're Italy will have an availability of plenty of production and prototypes. Thus,  the need for such a vehicle is low. Although, the Fiat 3000b can be added.

• Haha 1
medal medal

Yet another obscure italian (un)armored car! The Fiat-Terni Tripoli!

Fiat-terni_tripoli_aggiornata.jpg

Originally a WW1 armored car, but updated in WWII to be a SPAAG with a single 12.7mm machine gun, the original body and the chassis of a Fiat-SPA 38R truck.

Certainly an interesting vehicle.

Edited by PlanyKaanere
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, PlanyKaanere said:

Originally a WW1 armored car, but updated in WWII to be a SPAAG with a single 12.7mm machine gun, the original body and the chassis of a Fiat-SPA 38R truck.

It's the perfect BR1.0 SPAAG for the italian tech tree.

Furthermore, while the vehicle itself is quite obscure, the armored chassis and the hull derived from two well known vehicles.

Side note: the 12,7mm machine gun is a Breda-SAFAT, the same mounted on all the italian fighters. This because the Italians recycled the guns of their destroyed aircrafts to equip this vehicle that was originally armed with 6,5mm light mgs only.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

On 4/16/2018 at 4:35 PM, PlanyKaanere said:

I will add it but I don't know if it is a good fit for an eventual tree. The Breda-SAFAT 12.7 mm isn't the best gun and I would imagine it would be rather frustrating to try and take out CAS with.

Thanks for the link and picture!

medal medal

6 hours ago, CarcanoM38 said:

I will add it but I don't know if it is a good fit for an eventual tree. The Breda-SAFAT 12.7 mm isn't the best gun and I would imagine it would be rather frustrating to try and take out CAS with.

Thanks for the link and picture!

It's similar to the Russian truck with a heavy (12,7mm?) mg.

The difference is that while the Russian mg is more powerful, the Fiat-Terni-Tripoli is actually armored and can full rotate the turret.

I think a single 12,7mm Breda-SAFAT is enough to take down reserve planes.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

17 hours ago, Mardek said:

I can alredy hear the "Running in the 90's" memes if G put the Lizard in the game

Yes but the Lizard isn't a '90s car

The Italian tank I would REALLY like to see but I doubt they'll add it.

dtAJxCs.jpg.76402fa612ab3c28df9ce5b50968D28Dbc6.jpg.cd54e6230ed6be0d0175eb9ae1a2fiat-2000-01.thumb.jpg.f9ab995330b21609b

It's called the FIAT 2000 MOD 1934. It's got a 65mm Howitzer in a 360* rotating turret, 2 37mm cannon's on the front, 4 Machine guns, A Crew of 10, & 20mm's of armor on the front & sides.

Theirs just 1 problem...

7km/h!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal