Stona

Update 12.02.2018 (1.75.0.185)

Hellcat_Header.jpg

• Players that use an aircraft In tank AB will no longer see enemy player nicknames (those who are using ground vehicles).
  • A bug where players using ground vehicles in AB were not seeing the nicknames of players using aircraft were not displayed has been corrected.
  • Client stability has been improved.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Stona said:

• Players that use an aircraft In tank AB will no longer see enemy player nicknames (those who are using ground vehicles).
  • A bug where players using ground vehicles in AB were not seeing the nicknames of players using aircraft were not displayed has been corrected.

Great change! This will hopefully make revenge kills via plane a bit harder. Thanks a lot!:good:... I wish you guys would listen more often to what the community wants.^^

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So if I've got this right GF can see planes nicknames but planes can't see GF nicknames? Can planes see other planes nicknames?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Can you please fill in ore detail on the client stability improvements? Supposedly the client stability has been improved every single patch. With so many thousand of improvements, stability must have either been extremely bad before or is extremely good now. I can't see any point to put the same one-liner on the end of each patch note as nobody takes it seriously any more.... but if you provide detail and we might.:016:

• Haha 5
medal medal medal medal

I was going to suggest the removal of nicknames as I was tired of being bombed by players who knew I was in a plane. Thanks Gaijin!! :salute:

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Uncle_Ivan said:

Can you please fill in ore detail on the client stability improvements? Supposedly the client stability has been improved every single patch. With so many thousand of improvements, stability must have either been extremely bad before or is extremely good now. I can't see any point to put the same one-liner on the end of each patch note as nobody takes it seriously any more.... but if you provide detail and we might.:016:

War Thunder is not a game that has been finished. It's still alive, it's still under development (we add new content, mechanics etc) which means that Client Stability will be improved all the time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, DanRO said:

No more revenge ? I don't like it ! 

Makes it more difficult but not impossible, just pay attention to the vehicle you got shot by and where from.

medal

On 12/02/2018 at 11:44 AM, Stona said:

Does it apply to Target Callout too?

I'll test and report back, if it's not removed there too, the change is barely effective.

EDIT: it does not apply to Target Callout, revenge air support is still possible - select a Target (middle-click by default if I recall correctly), press the Voice Command key (default key T), then press 1 (Attack category), then you can see the Target nickname and vehicle type at the "Attack selected target" entry (default key 7).

You can easily check 5-6 targets during the approach and find the player you want to target.

Possible solutions:

1. Remove the nickname from Target Callout (airborne, or both ground+airborne)
  2. Disable Target Callout when airborne (would be a shame, it's often useful to direct fellow Fighter airplanes at open-top vehicles, or to spot enemy vehicles flanking your team)

PS : why the post is not approved after 24 hours? because I point out how to identify targets? Seems a bit strict, not a lot of people check the comments here, I just wanted to inform the developers :dntknw:

Edited by Appertizer
checked ingame after the update

The changes in arcade Ground Battles are a welcome change, but you still seem to have a red 'box' around you. I've just had two battles in a row where (mid battle) I've spawned in, driven a few feet, then had my Armoured Car wrecked by a crashing fighter. In a perfect world I'd like those boxes removed for the pilots too.

Fun for the pilot, not at all fun for the tanker, and this is supposed to be Ground Forces (not Air forces: ground-strike).

On the bright side, this should at least stop people from bugging individuals on the other team in a trolling manner.

I may read as a bit Irate about this subject but, as I've just mentioned, I've just had a run of decent games ruined because my armoured and enclosed vehicle was destroyed by a kamikaze fighter. I don't mean to sound that way.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Stona said:

Players that use an aircraft In tank AB will no longer see enemy player nicknames (those who are using ground vehicles).

Nice!

Much better than the previous version with 'disabled nicks on planes'.

@zuegma: Yes, planes can see nicknames of planes now (in AB ground).

medal medal medal

The tank AB is a good fix - spotting planes was perhaps too hard without name tags, but it was quite effective in making bombers not prioritize the interceptors' tanks. The change still makes that impossible but planes are easier to spot, helping SPAA and interceptors (and manual turret gunnery).

Now just remove the planes scouting entire map for friendly tanks.

5 hours ago, DanRO said:

No more revenge ? I don't like it ! 

I like it a lot!

My name used to be associated with certain YouTube streamers, I was singled out quite a bit for airstrikes. I could be in the centre of a column, flanked on both sides, yet be the only tank the person would attack. (Just because I'm paranoid doesn't make it any less true ;) )   

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I think I could cry... finally I can play my light - medium german vehicles without fearing getting revenged killed...

medal medal

8 hours ago, Stona said:

Will anything be done similarly to RB to help reduce the "revenge bombs"? In RB, despite the lack of names being displayed it's relatively easy to find your target, especially if they are in a heavy tank.

Uh any one else having issues with 120hz g-sync monitors? Cause I'm locked at 60fps after update and dropping 60% of my frames.

After a couple client restarts it seemed to sort its self out, all is good.

Edited by Guest

Thank you so much. I hate aircraft in AB. Once you get in a plane it's pretty much free kills unless you're just really bad. This should help a lot. Next can you make it so that if an aircraft just decides to crash into your tank in AB, he doesn't get the kill?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I have noticed two potential bugs. It did it on both PCs.

The first one is about the hull texture of the AMC 35 and recently ARL 44 hull (both versions), that just completely turns black.

The second one, I don't know if it is intended, but when I grinded the AMR 35 (light 2.0 french) I couldn't believe it.

It has a decent p/w ratio, max speed, but if it is not in absolute flat or down terrain, it will get stuck at gear 2/3 and EXACTLY 7km/h, without going any faster. I could go 2 times faster in the stock B1 bis.

It was just unplayable, it only taught me the "scout" mechanic.

Will bombers now spawn a reasonable distance in front of the air defence fighters in fast bombers that wont instantly be within killing range of fighters spawned?

Will attackers now spawn with AP ammo rather than default belts?

Will bombers now be balanced & equal in tonnage ie no more spawning in a D3A1 in one spawn & a Wellington in the other?