Deadelder

Bushes on tanks PTW

40 minutes ago, Deadelder said:

and on top of that you need lvl 4 and 2.2k bonds... that's way too steep

So explain why so many people manage to get 1 vehicle, or even two, when they cost more than the bushes and require a level V shop.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Deadelder said:

and on top of that you need lvl 4 and 2.2k bonds... that's way too steep

You know you can save bonds? You don't need to make them in one month. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

Generally, when you see tank completely covered by bushes, what you see is someone who purchased them back when bushes were legit P2W. Now, that bushes are avaliable for free, they are limited to one of each kind, so it's impossible to cover entire front of tank without them mismatching a lot, which makes using them as camouflage much less effective.

Edited by kireta21
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

well you can completely cover the turret which is still useful for hull down positions 

• Like 1
medal

4 hours ago, Deadelder said:

the heck it isn't. ive never been past lvl 2

So it is essentially W2W (Work to win).
3 Medals. 2 dozens of daily tasks. That's even doable for casual players.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal

I totally agree. It's Pay to Win/Work to Win, whatever you'd like to call it. Doesn't make a difference.

1) Those who have them have a severe advantage over those who don't - and they aren't aquired by ordinary gaming

2) They are unrealistic to the max (great for modes that call themselves Realistic Battles or Simulator) 

3) They look ridiculous together with the decorations which are equally abused (once again great for modes that call themselves Realistic Battles or Simulator) 

Worst of all though I'm disappointed how Gaijin lied about their usefulness in order to generate money -> Which is the reason why it's more P2W than W2W. They were introduced to make money and that's assumeably how most of the people who use them aquired them. If they weren't intended to give a clear advantage over those who don't want to use them or have to spend their GE/Warbonds progress on them, then every player would be able to turn them on or off on other vehicles.

The time consumption that the Warbond Shop requires only allows those with maximum spare time (like students/pupils) and minimum income to appear like an attractive investment of time to go for something non-unique this way. Everyone else will aquire those vehicles or stuff via money, which once again most likely makes up the majority of deals (why would Gaijin otherwise gift stuff away) which once again means it's mainly intended as an Pay to Aquire system. The "but you can earn them also via playing" argument is simply serving additionally as a ruse for discussions like this, even when the amount of people who aquire stuff like this appears highly questionable. Doesn't change a bit about the unfairness of these bushes though.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 15
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Deadelder said:

just looked at it and says 500GE for 1 bush....

You do realize you can buy them with Warbonds right?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

On 8.2.2018 at 3:10 PM, *cartman400 said:

You do realize you can buy them with Warbonds right?

So?

If premium vehicles would grant severe advantages over open tech tree vehicles, many people would accuse Gaijin for P2W either and their owners of being wallet warriors. And rightfully though. The argument "but hey.. you can get your own advantages too through using warbonds" is just opportunistic.

Edited by ColdHeat
  • Upvote 11

1 hour ago, ColdHeat said:

I totally agree. It's Pay to Win/Work to Win, whatever you'd like to call it. Doesn't make a difference. / Because black = white = red, isn't it?

1) Those who have them have a severe advantage over those who don't - and they aren't aquired by ordinary gaming / Wrong! No severe advantages, acquired by ordinary gaming via warbonds system. 

2) They are unrealistic to the max (great for modes that call themselves Realistic Battles or Simulator) / Same as driving a tank or flying a ww2 plane from your PC on 2D dislpay system and doing it alone. 

3) They look ridiculous together with the decorations which are equally abused (once again great for modes that call themselves Realistic Battles or Simulator) / Don't use them. Simple as that. 

Worst of all though I'm disappointed how Gaijin lied about their usefulness in order to generate money -> Which is the reason why it's more P2W than W2W. They were introduced to make money and that's assumeably how most of the people who use them aquired them. If they weren't intended to give a clear advantage over those who don't want to use them or have to spend their GE/Warbonds progress on them, then every player would be able to turn them on or off on other vehicles.

The time consumption that the Warbond Shop requires only allows those with maximum spare time (like students/pupils) and minimum income to appear like an attractive investment of time to go for something non-unique this way. / Wrong again!  Everyone else will aquire those vehicles or stuff via money, which once again most likely makes up the majority of deals (why would Gaijin otherwise gift stuff away) which once again means it's mainly intended as an Pay to Aquire system. The "but you can earn them also via playing" argument is simply serving additionally as a ruse for discussions like this, even when the amount of people who aquire stuff like this appears highly questionable. Doesn't change a bit about the unfairness of these bushes though. What you are saying here - everyone should have all of the vehicles and crews spaded/aced + all features unlocked. Very fun, much wow! 

In other words "I am too lazy/stupid to get few warbonds and get them for free, I don't like them, Gaijin REMOVE!" Yeah right... :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, Estorm732 said:

The biggest problem with bushes through Warbonds is that you can end up unboxing a lousy 100.000 SL. 

Not being a guaranteed unlock shoves it to the side of P2W to be honest. 

By the way they also delay marker appearance in AB.

I have bought 6 decorations aka camo bushes with warbonds. Every time I got them. No SL. So I guess the chance getting 100K is not that big.

Edited by eNVee1
  • Confused 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, eNVee1 said:

I have bought 6 decorations aka camo bushes with warbonds. Every time I got them. No SL. So I guess the chance getting 100K is not that big.

It shouldn't be there at all though. I'd outright feel insulted if I got 100k SL for half a month of grinding.

100K SL for a level 4 shop, 2200 WB and 3 medals is by no means a reward. It is a risk. And I cannot see any reason for the existence of such a risk other than discouraging people from acquiring the items via in-game methods and do so with real money instead. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, Estorm732 said:

100K SL for a level 4 shop, 2200 WB and 3 medals is by no means a reward. It is a risk.

I got them all in previous warbond system. I can not say for sure, but my guess is - you would receive 100K SLs only if you would try to buy them after acquiring absolutely all of bushes. Why? Because it never gave me the one I already had and never silver lions. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1) Those who have them have a severe advantage over those who don't - and they aren't aquired by ordinary gaming

By that logic: So is crew skill. You have to enter a menu and do something to skill your crew. Same with war bonds.

The time consumption that the Warbond Shop requires only allows those with maximum spare time (like students/pupils) and minimum income to appear like an attractive investment of time to go for something non-unique this way. Everyone else will aquire those vehicles or stuff via money, which once again most likely makes up the majority of deals (why would Gaijin otherwise gift stuff away) which once again means it's mainly intended as an Pay to Aquire system. The "but you can earn them also via playing" argument is simply serving additionally as a ruse for discussions like this, even when the amount of people who aquire stuff like this appears highly questionable. Doesn't change a bit about the unfairness of these bushes though.

ATM, all you need is a PE-3 and a few T1 planes to do the daily task in 2-3 missions. (If you have tanks, it may be even easier to complete them in 2, as you have more options). To get the bushes, you need 3 specials. If you take an accumulative special, you can do it in 10 days without even looking at it. I got a bush in december and in january. I also got a plane last month.

BUT I agree, it is debatable if bushes are unfair. Or premiums. Or skilled crews. Or researched modules. Or better input devices. When is life fair?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On a side note you don't need bushes to win. A good camo pattern while hiding amongst foliage(terrain) will work perfectly. I know because I've had enemy tanks park right next to me in the same bush and this happens on a regular basis.

Edited by Vengeful_Tuna
  • Like 1
medal medal