So with me almost done researching another 7.7 tank to be used later, I thought about bringing my SPAA up to speed. I'm still stuck with the M19 which I rarely take out. I flat out prefer the M16 really and the Duster that comes after isn't really promising. So I was hoping if there are other possible SPAAs out there that haven't made it in the tree yet? Possibly with as many of these criteria in mind:

- Faster firing gun

- It doesn't have to be as deadly as the M19's cannons but maybe a bit stronger than the 50 calibers. A 20mm maybe?

- API-T belts please.

- Enclosed with a roof for once...

- Doesn't have to be medium tank-armored but should at least be able to resist fighter planes.

That's all for now I guess. I'm just wondering if there's a vehicle that meets a lot of those above that could be in the game.

• Upvote 1

I've found some Sherman based SPAAGs that could be included, outside the Skink they are mostly 40mm Bofors based so the RoF would be still fairly low but they are mostly enclosed tanks and fairly well protected.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

More US AAA you say? I (someone else) have several solutions: 

Spoiler

JHzD3xM.jpg

T77 MGMC: M24 Chaffee mounting 6x 12.7mm M2HB. Think a ground based P-51. 

Spoiler

2mboSTB.jpg

KGx7udf.jpg

T85 and T85E1 (respectively): M24 Chaffee mounting 4x AN/M2 and AN/M3 20mm cannons. 

Spoiler

zE3J2hB.jpg

T53E1: M4A4 Sherman mounting a 90mm M1 or M1A1 cannon. Would function a lot like the German Flaktrack and the 29-K (YaG-10). 

More AAA from: 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

These look like brilliant designs! I hope Gaijin's even aware of them... So far, the last SPAA's the only promising one for me after the M16 and that's at 8.3. Plenty of room for others between BRs 4 to 8.

gau8divadij7.jpgd5b8a2354e6778650afee51cd1051f0d.jpg

General Dynamics "DIVAD" program proposal for a GAU-8 30mm Minigun be attached on to an M48 Chassis, Cause screw everything that's why... XD

⁞ つ: •̀ ⌂ •́ : ⁞-︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─ ---------------------       BRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTT!!!!!
Edited by Minseoki
  • Upvote 7
medal

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, Minseoki said:

gau8divadij7.jpgd5b8a2354e6778650afee51cd1051f0d.jpg

General Dynamics "DIVAD" program proposal for a GAU-8 30mm Minigun be attached on to an M48 Chassis, Cause screw everything that's why... XD

⁞ つ: •̀ ⌂ •́ : ⁞-︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─ ---------------------       BRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTT!!!!!

God I hope this gets added.....at the same time as the A-10....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

T1

UbmsrgM.png

T10E1

8edl6yj0xuvz.jpg

M15 "Special"

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=663.0;at

M19 with 75mm T22 mount

Y28d5HT.jpg

T36

5WJPYkQ.png

T52

BoHQq8H.png

T60

7ngHVFa.png

T65

R2HuKHV.jpg

T68

N3k4o5O.png

T69

T69-MGMC-haugh.jpg

Edited by Jarms
  • Upvote 1
medal

Well,DIVAD in particular spawned alot of those.

220px-XM246.jpg

(twin 35 Oerlikon´s,similar to Gepard)

ygcp0q8df3hz.jpg

35mm Gatling,based on the Vigilante´s 37 IIRC.

Plus the ones mentioned above.

And then there´s this Gem:

Spoiler

aNZReAQ.jpg

37mm Gatling.

Another possibility for the higher tiers would be:

Spoiler

lav25ad6.jpg

25mm Gatling.Normally also comes with Stingers,but as this picture shows-it exists without,too.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I think most of the vehicles above would be great additions to the American spaa line. As far as adding one to 7.7, I think they should just take all the 8.0 aa vehicles (Vulcan, flak panzer, type 87, etc.) and drop them down to 7.7 cuz it is one of those 'hot spot' brs currently. And if you have ever tried to kill a jet with the duster, u know how hard it is to do.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Random info about that 35mm Gatling one:

It was Sperry Rand's entry into the DIVAD plan and like you said, it's a Vigilante's 37mm Gatling modified to fire Oerlikon's 35mm ammunition like the Gepard. Rate of fire was the same as the original Vigilante so 3000 rounds per minute, same as the M163 VADS we already have in the game.

Also included was the option to limit rate of fire to 180 rounds per minute for ground targets, though I doubt we'll ever see adjustable rates of fire in the game.

medal medal medal medal medal

If the Cheiftan marksman is getting in, there should be no reason why the Vigilante or the Sergant York get implimented and remove or put the VADS/PVADS at top teir (as it isnt on a tank chassis for; sake of removal)

Edited by N_Dann
medal medal

On 10/04/2018 at 05:57, TankYou22 said:

I think most of the vehicles above would be great additions to the American spaa line. As far as adding one to 7.7, I think they should just take all the 8.0 aa vehicles (Vulcan, flak panzer, type 87, etc.) and drop them down to 7.7 cuz it is one of those 'hot spot' brs currently. And if you have ever tried to kill a jet with the duster, u know how hard it is to do.

To kill a jet with the Duster you've to become Dust.

By a Rocket.

In your spawn.

medal

All of these; US SPAA desperately needs attention. gib nowwww

To follow on from my last post here's a few more ideas + some supplementary AA ideas:

M5A1 with T86 duel .50 cal mount

k9HIbWO.png

3/4 Ton Truck with T86 duel .50 cal mount

M04R3T8.png

M20 with M9 duel .50 cal cradle

F0j8lEv.png

Supplementary AA:

T26E3 with duel .50 cal mount

loEGRJc.png

M24 with duel .50 cal mount

1vKA5Dss.png

M26 with duel .50 cal mount, M4A3 with duel .30 cal mount

NGYlXDL.png

M4A3 with duel .50 cal mount

rsFJby5.png

M19 with mounting for additional .50 cal

AxRi9OV.png

Edited by Jarms
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

The only one that makes sense to me is Sgt York, the rest are either redundant or too weird to add. It would bring the US on par with the Gepard and Chieftain. Gaijin could then also remove the tracking feature off the VADS, which didn't historically have it.

• Upvote 1
medal

On 10/07/2018 at 04:23, Tanaj said:

The only one that makes sense to me is Sgt York, the rest are either redundant or too weird to add. It would bring the US on par with the Gepard and Chieftain. Gaijin could then also remove the tracking feature off the VADS, which didn't historically have it.

The sgt.york would also be unique in that it be the only AA vehicle with VT fuses on its rounds if they'd allow it to have them.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 10/07/2018 at 03:23, Tanaj said:

Personally, I think that the best path would be to add something like a Humvee with the M143 on it around 7.0 without any kind of radar tracking on it because it could serve as a good stopgap between the hard to aim M42 and the laser of 20mm rounds that is the M163, with the M143 firing 7.62mm rounds packing less of a punch that could justify having a lower BR even if it could have a higher rate of fire with more ammo in the end.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

wow, all of those awesome spaa choices to put in War Thunder.

They chose the most Fragile.:burned:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 04/02/2018 at 04:25, LilyTheKitty said:

So with me almost done researching another 7.7 tank to be used later, I thought about bringing my SPAA up to speed. I'm still stuck with the M19 which I rarely take out. I flat out prefer the M16 really and the Duster that comes after isn't really promising. So I was hoping if there are other possible SPAAs out there that haven't made it in the tree yet? Possibly with as many of these criteria in mind:

- Faster firing gun

- It doesn't have to be as deadly as the M19's cannons but maybe a bit stronger than the 50 calibers. A 20mm maybe?

- API-T belts please.

- Enclosed with a roof for once...

- Doesn't have to be medium tank-armored but should at least be able to resist fighter planes.

That's all for now I guess. I'm just wondering if there's a vehicle that meets a lot of those above that could be in the game.

TBH, M19 isn't that bad.  I just had a really good game with it (it's stock, BTW).  The 40mms are devastating if they hit, and the muzzle velocity is comparable to a fifty cal.  Now only if Gaijin gave it the ability to stagger fire the guns...

P.S.

GIB SKINK

2 hours ago, Ska_King_Felix said:

TBH, M19 isn't that bad.  I just had a really good game with it (it's stock, BTW).  The 40mms are devastating if they hit, and the muzzle velocity is comparable to a fifty cal.  Now only if Gaijin gave it the ability to stagger fire the guns...

P.S.

GIB SKINK

I remember making this thread back when planes can still kill you by crashing. A lot's improved by then and yeah, the M19 isn't as bad as before. I also take back my words on the Duster which is better than the M19 in every way despite having the same guns. 

I still would not turn down an SPAA with a roof though. To think we only have one vehicle that's enclosed...

Edited by LilyTheKitty
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, LilyTheKitty said:

I remember making this thread back when planes can still kill you by crashing. A lot's improved by then and yeah, the M19 isn't as bad as before. I also take back my words on the Duster which is better than the M19 in every way despite having the same guns. 

I still would not turn down an SPAA with a roof though. To think we only have one vehicle that's enclosed...

Unfortunately, they still do that... And yes, I fully agree that we need an SPAA that is enclosed.  Again, GIB SKINK PLS GAIJOOBLRS

Never quite understood why they picked the M163 VADS instead of M247 Sgt. York back when they were being implemented. Only reason I can think of is the cool-factor of a Gatling gun, even though its effectiveness is limited ingame.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal

On 26/07/2018 at 20:01, pasiasd said:

Never quite understood why they picked the M163 VADS instead of M247 Sgt. York back when they were being implemented. Only reason I can think of is the cool-factor of a Gatling gun, even though its effectiveness is limited ingame.

But now the York is coming too! And just in time as well since I'm about to research the M163. :)