German Captured Spitfire Mk V (Merlin)

AndyGoodwin

Would you like to see the Captured Spitfire Mk V (Merlin) in the game?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the Captured Spitfire Mk V (Merlin) in the game?

• Yes
    • No

The Messerspit has been already been suggested so i will suggest the German Spitfire Mk V with the Merlin 
(Copy Paste from: https://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?30165-Spitfire-With-D-B-Engine)

Spitfire Vb serial EN830 / NX-X fell into German hands late in 1942. It crash landed on November 18th 1942 while being flown by P/O (Sous Lt.) Bernard Scheidhauer of the Free French Air Force, attached to 131 "County of Kent" Sqn. RAF. He and his No.1, P/O Henri de Bordas, had been on a "rhubarb" to Normandy during the afternoon. EN830 was hit by light flak and made a forced landing in a turnip field at Dielament Manor, Trinity, Jersey.

(Specs Copied From https://ww2-weapons.com/spitfire-mk-v/  and https://www.flickr.com/photos/bud_scotland/9211022577)

Specifications
VB Specification
Type fighter plane
Power plant one 1,440-hp Rolls-Royce Merlin 45 V-12 piston engine
Accommodation 1
Wing span 36 ft 10 in (11.23 m)
Length overall 29 ft 11 in (9.11 m)
Height overall 11 ft 5 in (3.48 m)
Wing area 242.0 sqft (22.48 m²)
Weight empty 5,100 lb (2,313 kg)
Maximum loaded 6,785 lb (3,078 kg)
Climb performance 20,000 ft in 7.5 min. (6,095 m in 7.5 min.)
Service ceiling 37,000 ft (11,278 meters)
Range 470 miles (756 km)
Armament

in wings 2 x 20-mm cannon and 4 x 0.303-in machine-guns

Pictures: 

11-CapturedbytheLuftwaffe01.jpg.b753d48dspitfire-db605-3.jpg.79a948bc85f8f27ae9cc5e92c42ad517ea90abcf3bb7022a165.jpg.2aa5a741577d7ee2_SpitfireMk.VB(DB605A)-00-6

Spitfire Mk.VB(DB 605A)-00-680x300 (1).JPG

Edited by AndyGoodwin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 9
medal medal

Open for discussion

OP please attach any historical background information (sources) about this particular event. 

I’ll lock this post for 48 hours to give you chance to attach more sources.

Edited by Radom
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 of your photos actually show a plane that would be a lot more interesting than a simple German reskin of a Spitfire Mk.V, the Messerspit.

The Messerspit is a captured Spitfire modified with a German DB-605 engine. The suggestion was already made here and was passed to developpment a while ago, so there is a high chance we will see this plane at some point.

I'm really not a fan of simple copypasta planes from other trees, especially if those are not free... So meh, I gonna go with a "no" on this one, sorry.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I do want to see the one with the DB engine in the game. I feel like that would be more of an event vehicle however. I don't want it that way but I do expect it to go that way.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

Honestly I would prefer the DB605 Spitfire as well, it has more "german spice" and would be really unique in game.

At the same time I am scared by a realistic battle where 50% of German team is on Spitfires (Galland could be happy, by the way) :D

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

No. I can accept the Messerspit as that is actually a new interresting plane and not just another copy & paste. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Pvt_Winterffly said:

Gonna have to say "no" on this one. Not a very interesting plane in my opinion.

You should have also said that it is also an captured aircraft, which means almost no chance it was to be used in combat.

• Upvote 2

• Suggestion Moderator

Has already been suggested before and is passed to development.

Other then that, yes this would be a very fun plane for the Germans! :good:

On 5/2/2018 at 11:35 PM, AndyGoodwin said:

bump

Bumping is against the rules.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The DB model should be the focus of the thread. It's basically authentically German as it was heavily modified by them. People have grown to strongly disapprove of captured premium copy paste aircraft.

medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...

-1 No, Only the Messerspit, the Hitlerbolt is bad enough

medal medal

Sorry mate, i do not like copy&paste. There are so many real german planes still missing here:

examples:

Also we could have "captured planes" of Netherlands in german tree as premiums, not in game, and used in numbers, not only one crashed plane.

So, i vote No.

medal medal medal