Stona

Update 01.02.2018 (1.75.0.160)

Maintenance%20(8).jpg

• Client stability has been improved.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16
  • Confused 3

54 minutes ago, Kaio_ said:

I'm really starting to wonder what "Client stability has been improved" means under the hood

Well, I think it has something to do with OS or Driver updates, and so may impact stability if the Devs do not keep on top of it... Thats my guess anyway

I dunno for sure if the update causes this but WT won't work anymore today. I got a message the server was unavailable the first time, and now the screen goes black, and nothing else happens... everything still worked yesterday

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Still don't have a stable client... am beginning to doubt these "Client stability has been improved" updates!

medal

56 minutes ago, Pacifica said:

Well, I think it has something to do with OS or Driver updates, and so may impact stability if the Devs do not keep on top of it... Thats my guess anyway

+ warbonds stuff

+ WWM code stuff

+ naval code stuff

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I cannot even get this update to install. My client has been stuck on "downloading update info" for hours now and has not even began to update.

" Client stability has been improved " 

iCE49KJGLCA8tb.gif

medal medal medal medal medal

Every time I read "client stability improved" I think to myself, "maybe my game won't crash as I am finally winning. Then my game crashes while I am winning.

C L I E N T S T A B I L I T Y I M P R O V E D..

Hey Stona, I have submitted reports about crashes on the appropriate forums. The one I can remember lead to nothing, and another was never addressed. I have been playing for a few years now, and the crashes have been the same, always there, no matter what patches are put out. In fact, with 1.75 the crashes have increased and now include frame drops and stuttering. It makes playing the game really hard, and doubly frustrating when this Christmas I ponied up for a full year of premium time for the first time. So yea, excuse my disappointment each time I see "client stability improved" and I get a crash shortly after.  Are you suggesting I should have submitted a report daily for the last 2 and some years? Not sure what you are getting at.

Not trying to be argumentative, but your response implies I have never brought this up. By the way, I'm on a mac, yea I know, but I cant help it for the time being in my my life. But if the game is officially offered on mac am I wrong to hope for stability on our client as well?

Edited by Seetherr
Explanation.

Stona (Posted )

Yet, no bug report related to this problem from you :(
medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, ebola17 said:

I cannot even get this update to install. My client has been stuck on "downloading update info" for hours now and has not even began to update.

Go to crashes, connections, and update help section or whatever it's called.

medal

Personal Opinion:

I have seen some poking fun at the phrase and just want to make sure people understand the ramifications of that innocuous little phrase.

Its fun to make fun of "client stability has been improved" messages but really if you do not see it that is when it should concern you.

To me client stability means the developers have repaired bugs or streamlined and defragged sections of the code.  Its a never-ending process since sometimes the squishing of one bug results in another somewhere else.  The fact that they are continually working to resolve that means that the game is always getting better in its performance and I very much welcome that they do that. 

No one likes a twitchy jerky game full of bad code and when the developers say this, it is proof that it is not just about adding stuff to the game, but also making the game work better each time they dive into the coding.

Yes, its fun to poke fun at the phrase, but only so long as people realize just how very important it truly is. 

Just My Personal Thoughts

• Upvote 3

One question and one remark...

My game (on PS4) updated yesterday...Feb 6th...however...this is the latest update info i find...is this as it is supposed to be?

(i play daily...so it didnt update before because it didnt want to)

I noticed ONE DIFFERENCE...when i go to start the battle i now see a text over the selected unit...so it is clearer which plane/tank i will start with...

(i can change it as usual...but previously there was no text...dont remember the exact word)