Hello Iam a fane of this game my question is The Vickers MBT Tank have A 105L7A1 Gun barrel bud It,s the same as the Leopard1 105L7A3 Its use the same caliber ammo my qeustion is can the MBT get the heat shels of the leopard1 Its the same gun of I am not rong.  

Kind Regarts      Renzo

Sorry for my English

medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Crusader_Mk9 said:

British tanks nerver used Heat-fs. 

In fairness, the Vickers MBT was never used by the British.

Might be worth someone looking up what the Vickers did use in Indian service, their primary user.

• Upvote 3
medal

1 hour ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

In fairness, the Vickers MBT was never used by the British.

Might be worth someone looking up what the Vickers did use in Indian service, their primary user.

Also, they're use the same munitions, no heat. 

Vickers was a british tank for exportation for India and South Africa countries, also the munition was the same like the Centurion with the L7 gun, Uk doesn't interested for the Heat. 

In game, we've HESH and APDS for free, why do you want more ? If you want some Heat with L7 gun licence, play Leopard or Patton tanks .. 

Edited by Crusader_Mk9
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Crusader_Mk9 said:

Also, they're use the same munitions, no heat. 

Vickers was a british tank for exportation for India and South Africa countries, also the munition was the same like the Centurion with the L7 gun, Uk doesn't interested for the Heat. 

In game, we've HESH and APDS for free, why do you want more ? If you want some Heat with L7 gun licence, play Leopard or Patton tanks .. 

And do we have direct sources stating that the L7 in India only used those two? More shells for the L7 did definitely exist, and varying customers used varying things, such as rounds not made by the UK, as we've seen with Germany and the US. The UK's wishes for their own military don't factor into that.

If India, for example, used HEAT shells in that tank during its service, then it should be in game. What I'm asking for is if anybody has details to confirm this possibility for either or.

• Upvote 4
medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018/1/29 at 1:03 AM, TheFuzzieOne said:

And do we have direct sources stating that the L7 in India only used those two? More shells for the L7 did definitely exist, and varying customers used varying things, such as rounds not made by the UK, as we've seen with Germany and the US. The UK's wishes for their own military don't factor into that.

If India, for example, used HEAT shells in that tank during its service, then it should be in game. What I'm asking for is if anybody has details to confirm this possibility for either or.

APDS is more cost-efficient and makes more sense when India was not expected to face heavily-armored tanks. Also, The Vijayanta is not identical to the Vickers MBT MK.1.

However the 1975 Vickers MBT MK.3, an overall upgrade to the MK.1 was offered with a large variety of rounds, including HEAT-FS.

medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, GoddePro said:

It's in War Thunder now!

wonder if they gave it HEAT like its supposed to

And your source is?

Because the L11 never used HEAT in any shape or form.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

27 minutes ago, Blitzkrieguk said:

And your source is?

Because the L11 never used HEAT in any shape or form.

for L11 HEAT was developed. But it was not released in series.

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, SkyRAY said:

for L11 HEAT was developed. But it was not released in series.

Yeah we didn't use it in any shape or form. They would have obviously tested and developed it at some stage sure, and most likely for export reasons. But the gun was developed on a tank to use bagged charges. Where HEAT/HEATFS is single piece. So yeah, the Vickers isn't going to get HEAT/HEATFS.

Edited by Blitzkrieguk

Israeli Centrions Mk 8 and Indian (Vijayanta) Vickers MBT were equipped with heatfs shells as well as modified Centurions which they called Shot Kal.

I mean, adding this shells for Centurion mk 10 ( based on mk8) in the game would be quite justified.

Edited by erilon03
medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, erilon03 said:

Israelis Centrions Mk 8 and Indian (Vijayanta) Vickers MBT were equipped with heatfs shells as well as modified Centurions which they called Shot Kal.

I mean, adding this shells for Centurion mk 10 ( based on mk8) in the game would be quite justified.

Again no. Because the British military did not use them, therefore there is no justification.

• Upvote 1

If the Vickers MBT got HEAT-FS it would probably be a BR 8.3 tank (compare to M60 AOS that trades a higher profile and slower reload for marginally more useful armor).

I suspect that people would prefer that it stay at 7.3 with APDS?

medal medal medal

51 minutes ago, MattS93 said:

If the Vickers MBT got HEAT-FS it would probably be a BR 8.3 tank (compare to M60 AOS that trades a higher profile and slower reload for marginally more useful armor).

I suspect that people would prefer that it stay at 7.3 with APDS?

Vickers MBT and Centurion 10 can get L52A1

medal medal medal

On 25/10/2019 at 13:06, Baron_Tiberius said:

British developed L11 heat-fs for the Iranians, as well as a sharp nosed hesh.

Both were never mass-produced due to development problems.

1572549944-l11-120-mm-experimental-heat-

1572549952-pish-stands-for-piercing-inte

medal

• 3 weeks later...

On the topic of this i found this image online last night but not a lot of supporting information about it. does anyone know if the vickers MBT really ever had ERA armour upgrades? and if yes anyone know if it had been suggested?

vickers_main_battle_tank_mk-vii_23169124953-741x525.jpg

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 07/02/2018 at 13:01, Loongsheep said:

APDS is more cost-efficient and makes more sense when India was not expected to face heavily-armored tanks. Also, The Vijayanta is not identical to the Vickers MBT MK.1.

However the 1975 Vickers MBT MK.3, an overall upgrade to the MK.1 was offered with a large variety of rounds, including HEAT-FS.

What were the differences? I was under the impression it was just a license built Vickers. Did the Vijayanta have any upgrades or variants?

medal

4 hours ago, Razielkaine said:

On the topic of this i found this image online last night but not a lot of supporting information about it. does anyone know if the vickers MBT really ever had ERA armour upgrades? and if yes anyone know if it had been suggested?

vickers_main_battle_tank_mk-vii_23169124953-741x525.jpg

I beleive this is a target tank made to look like a T72/64 etc 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, *oppsijustkilledu said:

I beleive this is a target tank made to look like a T72/64 etc 

I get the feeling it might be a Vickers Mk3 with era piled on to look like that.

photo06b.jpg

Edited by TerikG2014

1 hour ago, TerikG2014 said:

I get the feeling it might be a Vickers Mk3 with era piled on to look like that.

photo06b.jpg

Apparently it was a vickers mbt that use to be on display at bovington. That was 1998 I think

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, Jarms said:

What were the differences? I was under the impression it was just a license built Vickers. Did the Vijayanta have any upgrades or variants?

Not much other than the Vijayanta has Indian-produced parts.

The Vijayanta has several upgrade variants like with ERA, composite armor, new FCS and new engine (T-72 engine). None was widely upgraded but they exist.

medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Loongsheep said:

The Vijayanta has several upgrade variants like with ERA, composite armor, new FCS and new engine (T-72 engine). None was widely upgraded but they exist.

Do you have a source on that? I've never seen anything to suggest it was anything more than a straight Mk.1 copy.