Best answer

A general reminder for all thread participants....

Insulting, inflammatory, off-topic and otherwise rule breaking content which does not contribute to the discussion will not be tolerated here.

Such comments can (and likely will) be met with warnings and possible posting time out if it persists. We get it's a hot topic. However, with that comes the responsibility of remaining respectful and constructive, regardless of your view on the matter.

>>> Take personal disputes of any type to private message, the forum is NOT the place for it.

10 minutes ago, Mr_Dumplin_Popo said:

1. Not only, i know pilots who think the same as I Anyone who says rockets are okay when they are objectively underperforming is wrong and quite unfair.

2. They are ok They're massively underperforming, as proven by the many citations given in various threads

To say TO is necessary when planes are so irrelevant is quite pitiful.

Aircraft are not a major threat, so what relevance are they? RB GFs is practically TO as it is.

Edited by warrior412
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dumplin_Popo said:

Unfair is that pilots have their own mode and tankers dont 

If TO was popular enough, it might be had.

As it is, it isn't--so we cannot have it. It'd end up killing GFs entirely if it was forced and Gaijin tried propping it up with more BR compression.

Edited by warrior412

5 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

If TO was popular enough, it might be had.

As it is, it isn't--so we cannot have it. It'd end up killing GFs entirely if it was forced and Gaijin tried propping it up with more BR compression.

It didnt have a chance to be popular cause there wasnt any mode like that.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

And this thread is spiraling quickly. We would need some hard numbers to see who wants what. Having a feeling, or thinking they know the player base is not going to cut it. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal

1 hour ago, *KnightsCross20 said:

And this thread is spiraling quickly. We would need some hard numbers to see who wants what. Having a feeling, or thinking they know the player base is not going to cut it. 

True. And to achieve that there should be survey inside the game itself as lots of players don't visit/read forums.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, *KnightsCross20 said:

It was just a page of someone letting warrior12 troll them.

If there aren't but a hundred or so who really want a tank-only mode, then nobody will notice them trying to play in one.

If 10% of the player base shifts from our current "realistic tank battle" over to tank-only, then the queue times in RTB only go up by 11%, where the queue times in tank-only would be 10X as long as current RTB queue times, and TO might actually die.

if 25% of the RTB players go over to TO, then queue times in RTB go up 33%, where the TO queue times would be 4X as long as current RTB queues.  (so an RTB queue that takes about a minute now would take about 80 seconds, and a 3 minute queue would instead be 4 minutes)

if half of the current players were just waiting for the chance to quit driving the targets for the pilots, then queue times for both modes would double.

if 75% of RTB players were tankers that wanted a game that missed out on half the fun of War Thunder, then the RTB mode queues would be four times as long, while the TO queues would be 33% longer.  My suspicion is that RTB would die at that point, because about the only way tankers abuse RTB is by spawncamping, where pilots can basically steal caps to get into the air sooner, spawncamp via aircraft, and at some BRs pretty much erase the other team's tanks, I'm thinking the tankers would be taking all the fun with them, and it's the current RTB mode that would die, until gaijin found a way to entice tankers to come back to it. 

Of course, if it turns out warrior12 and others were absolutely lying to us the whole time about the opinion of the "silent majority", more than 75% switching to TO mode would ruin the RTB mode even quicker, not that it would stop the TO haters from posting.  (Rather than ever mentioning or replying to "you were wrong about how popular this idea was", they would post about "See?  We told you this would ruin RTB mode!")  If the lack of a tank-only mode is what keeps "World of Tanks" alive, then maybe we would get a LOT more players into WT, so by-far shorter queue times and maybe even smaller ranges of BRs in the mix.  (Or maybe even a BR expansion, rather than the compression we keep getting threatened with by the TO haters!)

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, KH_Alan said:

True. And to achieve that there should be survey inside the game itself as lots of players don't visit/read forums.

Maybe we should cut/paste the URL for this into RTB chat.  Do it early, though, as the tankers tend to die earlier than the pilots.  (silly tankers try to cap zones, where bombers that might not be able to hit much of anything can practice hitting)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SilkMonger said:

It was just a page of someone letting warrior12 troll them.

If there aren't but a hundred or so who really want a tank-only mode, then nobody will notice them trying to play in one.

If 10% of the player base shifts from our current "realistic tank battle" over to tank-only, then the queue times in RTB only go up by 11%, where the queue times in tank-only would be 10X as long as current RTB queue times, and TO might actually die.

if 25% of the RTB players go over to TO, then queue times in RTB go up 33%, where the TO queue times would be 4X as long as current RTB queues.  (so an RTB queue that takes about a minute now would take about 80 seconds, and a 3 minute queue would instead be 4 minutes)

if half of the current players were just waiting for the chance to quit driving the targets for the pilots, then queue times for both modes would double.

if 75% of RTB players were tankers that wanted a game that missed out on half the fun of War Thunder, then the RTB mode queues would be four times as long, while the TO queues would be 33% longer.  My suspicion is that RTB would die at that point, because about the only way tankers abuse RTB is by spawncamping, where pilots can basically steal caps to get into the air sooner, spawncamp via aircraft, and at some BRs pretty much erase the other team's tanks, I'm thinking the tankers would be taking all the fun with them, and it's the current RTB mode that would die, until gaijin found a way to entice tankers to come back to it. 

Of course, if it turns out warrior12 and others were absolutely lying to us the whole time about the opinion of the "silent majority", more than 75% switching to TO mode would ruin the RTB mode even quicker, not that it would stop the TO haters from posting.  (Rather than ever mentioning or replying to "you were wrong about how popular this idea was", they would post about "See?  We told you this would ruin RTB mode!")  If the lack of a tank-only mode is what keeps "World of Tanks" alive, then maybe we would get a LOT more players into WT, so by-far shorter queue times and maybe even smaller ranges of BRs in the mix.  (Or maybe even a BR expansion, rather than the compression we keep getting threatened with by the TO haters!)

Including this thread, I believe there are three of them that discuss a TO mode. And that is only in this forum. What about the masses that  do not read the forum, or are discussing this elsewhere? It remains to be seen. 

And as far as any modes being ruined. Understand that if a TO mode were instituted, like everything new, many would flock to it. Some would stay because they asked for it. Others would return to what they played previously. So numbers would be skewed in the short term.

8 minutes ago, SilkMonger said:

Maybe we should cut/paste the URL for this into RTB chat.  Do it early, though, as the tankers tend to die earlier than the pilots.  (silly tankers try to cap zones, where bombers that might not be able to hit much of anything can practice hitting)

Shhh....my Do217 likes those spots...lol

Edited by *KnightsCross20
medal medal

I’m not actually scared of Tank-only. Rather it’d probably get stale fast as one of the things I enjoy the most is intercepting enemy CAS where markers aren’t a thing.

And the potential for queues going up and BR compression resulting in both new modes is what I’m worried about. 

But if the existence of a tank-only mode ends up fixing all the nerfs to aircraft ordinance then it’d definitely be a good thing. 

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

19 minutes ago, LandKreuzer_89 said:

It's not the planes that make WT different from WOT especially in Sim and RB, what crap are you writing?

WT has (in my opinion) far better graphics and physics than WOT.  I far prefer the game for those reasons.  The planes, though, do make a difference for those players who are tankers-but-not-pilots.  For those players, too many planes will quickly ruin a game.  You can be winning halfway through the game, then suddenly your teammates take to the air and you find one of two things, usually:

1) Your pilot teammates rock, (was happening a lot back before Halloween) and there are no targets left, as your pilot teammates have killed the enemy tanks that were trying to cap, and are now spawn camping the enemy from the air, or
2) Your pilot teammates are ineffective, you are now outnumbered, and their tanks push you and your remaining tanker buddies back one zone after another, and the pilots will stay in the air, sucking, as the tankers get run out of the game, one after another.  (happened to me yesterday, I've had no time to play today)

Pilots can make a huge difference, most quickly by abandoning you on the ground, but sometimes by bombing you from the air.

19 minutes ago, LandKreuzer_89 said:

Really? And you have drawn to this conclusion after a few weeks and few 100 battles in anything Germans have above 5.3, totally reliable. Plus go tell that to the late Spitfires since they simply eat anything German for breakfast. 

P.S. You are derailing this thread with you spamming and will once again end up getting it locked for the same reasons as all the others.

I had to leave the video in, that was funny!

You might consider putting warrior412 on your ignore list.  I won't claim the silent majority has already done so, but I think the pro-tank-only crowd has a growing opinion of just how accurate and reliable he isn't.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I’d like to see an interest poll posted to the launcher news feed addressing this question.

Should there be a Tank-only Mode?

The choices would be:

- This doesn’t apply to me, I mainly play Tank Arcade

- Yes, add a Tank-only mode

- No, don’t add a Tank-only mode

We’re only a small subset of the community, often the more skilled “elite” sect of the playerbase.

33 minutes ago, MH4UAstragon said:

I’d like to see an interest poll posted to the launcher news feed addressing this question.

Should there be a Tank-only Mode?

The choices would be:

- This doesn’t apply to me, I mainly play Tank Arcade

- Yes, add a Tank-only mode

- No, don’t add a Tank-only mode

We’re only a small subset of the community, often the more skilled “elite” sect of the playerbase.

theres also a fourth option:

-After you die in Air RB you can pick up an aa.

25 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Steam users are not a unified bloc different from others, they are indeed representative of the community at large.

Maybe only representative by total number of players but its unknown how many in that number are AB, RB or SB players and what they play (air or ground). So number by itself is not representative for anything but a number.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, KH_Alan said:

Maybe only representative by total number of players but its unknown how many in that number are AB, RB or SB players and what they play (air or ground). So number by itself is not representative for anything but a number.

It's just like the general number in the client; same parameters, thus same legitimacy.

1 hour ago, zuadao said:

theres also a fourth option:

-After you die in Air RB you can pick up an aa.

I’d like to see player tank spawn points added amongst the clusters of AI units on the Air RB maps. Then just increase game size from 16v16 to 32v32, grab players for each from queue separately so its 16 planes and 16 tanks per side plus the existing AI.

10 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

There is no significant support for a tanks only mode. It's just the same people from times past coming out of the woodwork to say they hate planes and want a mode for themselves. It's nothing special--especially since the result is already a foregone conclusion.

Said the same guy that is writing in all tankers topics about TO mode :lol2:

Please, come back to topic of TO not anything else ;) 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, warrior412 said:

The only irrationality here is this silly claiming that TO is wanted--especially "by a [fictional] majority"--after years of numerous failures.

I'm not claiming anything, I'm simply trying to open your eyes that having a TO mode isn't wanted by just a few players, they may not be the great majority but they aren't an insignificant number either.

You can't just run to another mode whenever you get outplayed.

This is so hilarious.

With TO dead and fixes to bombs and rockets inevitably comibg at some point, it'd be wise for people to put effort that way rather than this hopeless scheme.

Apart from some inconsistencies they are doing more than well, only thing that needs to change now is increasing the SP requirements for planes and reduce their XP gains and make them more similar to ground vehicles.

An experienced player who does better than most. I showed CAS spam was a paper tiger. People who cannot realize similsr results need to play better.

Experienced yes, but where the kids and newbies play at rank I-III or plays his only 5.7s exploiting the favorable moments. You convinced everyone that rockets and CAS were balanced that Gaijin didn't even hesitate to nerf them, seems like you need to put more effort in convincing us.

Real world experience means I know they do not always use those SPAAs as SPAAs. Often it's just "wannabe TD time"--be honest, if you've actually played Germany, you've seen this.

Honestly I've seen it with every other nation, if you've played enough 5.7s and above you've seen this. Fact is you are once again ignoring statistics that you have used numerous times to try and prove your points, now all of a sudden they count nothing. The flaws in your opinions and way of discussing are rather evident. 

Steam is a microcosm of the community at large. The game has seen a ~10% drop in player numbers between last March's results and today's. 10% is about 3x the margin for error.

It is simply laughable to call this reliable, sturdy data "incomplete and untrustworthy" when the TO support is claimed on the basis of a little known poll with fewer than 500 votes.

it's pretty obvious who has more reliable data--and it's not the plane haters.

You do not know anything about those statistics as there are no distinctions between AB or RB or GF and air battles. It could be only players that entered the game to collect their daily bonuses or all arcade players but we would never know, those stats could show a decrease in steam users of WT and in the meantime non-steam players playing RB GF increased by 50% and we would still not be able to tell reading those charts, you are simply assuming that those charts prove anything but they simply do not as it absolutely doesn't show what the active playing population of WT is, just forget about it. 

It doesn't even take into account PS4 players which is more proof of it being untrustworthy.

Planes (via combined battles) are what set WT apart. Their presence is a strength, not a weakness. People flock here for the chance to be involved with combined.

Not at all. Planes are a variant of playstyle inside GF, what makes WT RB from WOT different is the more realism, better graphics, more historically accurate and much more. Planes like they were pre 1.71 were a burden for all tankers and were creating more problems than good things, hence they got nerfed.

My battles in Germany are more than enough to come to a conclusion. Just last night a Firefly tried to use his volley of rockets on me--no effect.

HA-HA-HA, nice joke. Ok so a Firefly didn't kill you once then it needs to be buffed, I hope devs are reading.

It is quite obvious that the MK 103 is the most potent air to ground weapon in game currently, with the SC1000 and other 2000 lb bombs competing for runner up slots when they don't fall through the ground.

Oh yes, if its good and most importantly if its GERMAN it automatically creates problems and envy in poor Allied players that just a few months ago had nukes that looked like rockets and considered them balanced, the amount of double standards, flawed judgments and inferiority complex against Germans in these forums is worrying. The fact German planes have a much harder time gaining air superiority is continuously ignored by the now well known anti-German public.

Spitfires are not a big issue for competent German teams, though they do pose a regular problem given those requirements.

Oh please mr 70% battles played in rank I-II, tell us German plebs how to take care of the "not a big issue" Spitfires.

2 hours ago, MH4UAstragon said:

There was one already which showed how the majority of the voters was indeed in favor of it. Just saying.

Edited by LandKreuzer_89
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Mr_Dumplin_Popo said:

Same goes with ppl against adding TO mode ;) 

Not really. Most people haven't bothered even acknowledging TO, let alone bothering actively voice their opposition.

They're too busy having fun.

• Upvote 1

Just now, warrior412 said:

Not really. Most people haven't bothered even acknowledging TO, let alone bothering actively voice their opposition.

They're too busy having fun.

Or maybe so much ppl just don't care about forum ? Or leave the game after they ddin't find anything satysfaing for them cause they couldn't play their tanks ? There is a lot of possibilities and the one you choose is not the best one ;) 

• Like 1