Best answer

A general reminder for all thread participants....

Insulting, inflammatory, off-topic and otherwise rule breaking content which does not contribute to the discussion will not be tolerated here.

Such comments can (and likely will) be met with warnings and possible posting time out if it persists. We get it's a hot topic. However, with that comes the responsibility of remaining respectful and constructive, regardless of your view on the matter.

>>> Take personal disputes of any type to private message, the forum is NOT the place for it.

2 minutes ago, PanzerShrekoning said:

Again, This is for when you KILL a plane, and you get the killfeed and the plane is still alive for another X amount of seconds. Its able to shoot and fly around a bit longer.

In Air RB and SB he is able to fly back to the airfield sometimes :good:

Situational awareness. You are tunnel visioning. You'll die to a flanker just the same. 

Not really as I can shot the enemy or defend my position while I can't just run from the position when bomb lands there, and another thing is that if bomb is bigger than 250kg then You have a small chance of survivng if bomb was dropped correctly. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

In Air RB and SB he is able to fly back to the airfield sometimes :good:

Again, we're confusing these mechanics. Im talking about being KILLED and being told you're Jing out in X amount of seconds.

Not really as I can shot the enemy or defend my position while I can't just run from the position when bomb lands there, and another thing is that if bomb is bigger than 250kg then You have a small chance of survivng if bomb was dropped correctly. 

Nope because you're talking about fighting another tank and being bombed. You obviously didn't notice the plane coming in because you are tunnel visioning. You're not paying attention to your surroundings. A flankers gonna kill you because you aren't paying attention. You aren't going to react instantly to a flanker or a bomb. Your side is going to get shot and you will die. 

Edited by PanzerShrekoning
medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, PanzerShrekoning said:

Again, we're confusing these mechanics. Im talking about being KILLED and being told you're Jing out in X amount of seconds.

And this is where Your lack of knowledge shines

Air RB and SB "death" looks differently to the Tank RB/SB one :good:

1 minute ago, PanzerShrekoning said:

Nope because you're talking about fighting another tank. You're not paying attention to your surroundings. A flankers gonna kill you because you aren't paying attention. You aren't going to react instantly to a flanker or a bomb. Your side is going to get shot and you will die. 

Nope, again Your lack of knoledge shines here. Even If I notice plane approaching I can't do anything while if there was another tank I could without any problem. 

1 minute ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

And this is where Your lack of knowledge shines

Air RB and SB "death" looks differently to the Tank RB/SB one :good:

Wrong. The same applies in Tank RB. You're just ignorant of game mechanics which explains alot. 

1 minute ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Nope, again Your lack of knoledge shines here. Even If I notice plane approaching I can't do anything while if there was another tank I could without any problem. 

And this is where a lack of skill comes in. You're obviously unable to adapt to the situation. 

I have no further need to respond to you as I realize you will never attempt to get good at the game. Toodles.

1 minute ago, PanzerShrekoning said:

Wrong. The same applies in Tank RB. You're just ignorant of game mechanics which explains alot. 

It does not. Even when a player recevies a comunicate about dying in Tank RB he is forced to leave a vechicle while in Plane RB he is not forced to leave it.

And this is where a lack of skill comes in. You're obviously unable to adapt to the situation. 

I have no further need to respond to you as I realize you will never attempt to get good at the game. Toodles.

Lack of skill would be seen in my stats where in this case scenario when comparing ours, what I'm saying is more likely to be true :good:

Side note to the above discussion...

I like the idea of a Tank Only mode...

BUT...in COMBINED ARMS it makes all sense that a tank has limited capabilities vs a plane . As said a few pages above...thats the idea of COMBINED...someone else should shoot at the plane with adequate weapons.

Some vehicles need the support of others. DONE RIGHT it can be a lot of fun...even for the tank player ...i actually ALSO like Combined Arms.

The basic idea is support by AAA and friendly aircraft, and tanks can maneuver to make the air attack harder...as in real war...and if a heavy laden fighter bomber ends up with only one kill that is probably a positive result for the team (except for the guy that got all the bombs on top of him :) ).

THAT SAID...the basic idea of TANKS ONLY is removing this CONCERN COMPLETELY...so players can focus on GROUND COMBAT.

AGAIN...issue FOR ME was never BALANCE...just a DIFFERENT GAME MODE with different concerns, tactics and modes of play...adding VARIATION without much ADDED WORK (for devs).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

BUT...in COMBINED ARMS it makes all sense that a tank has limited capabilities vs a plane . As said a few pages above...thats the idea of COMBINED...someone else should shoot at the plane with adequate weapons.

Some vehicles need the support of others. DONE RIGHT it can be a lot of fun...even for the tank player ...i actually ALSO like Combined Arms.

The basic idea is support by AAA and friendly aircraft, and tanks can maneuver to make the air attack harder...as in real war...and if a heavy laden fighter bomber ends up with only one kill that is probably a positive result for the team (except for the guy that got all the bombs on top of him :) ).

THAT SAID...the basic idea of TANKS ONLY is removing this CONCERN COMPLETELY...so players can focus on GROUND COMBAT.

AGAIN...issue FOR ME was never BALANCE...just a DIFFERENT GAME MODE with different concerns, tactics and modes of play...adding VARIATION without much ADDED WORK (for devs).

Completely agree. I like both modes. I think they should be intermixed to provide a trivial compromise. Sometimes (in AB) air power should just not be available and sometimes it should. Bad weather would make a fine pretext for prevent air sorties.

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

The other issue with adding TO is a divertion of resources to TO that is better used for maintaining the core of the game ehich is GF(AB/RB).

It would Need its own B.R system. Without aircraft i see German Vehicles especially being up B.Rd. maybe not immediately but down the line when they start showing improvement once American Cas is not a threat. 

kinda like attackers have diffrent BRs in air and ground, because they can do so much more. oh wait...
almost all systems for current GF would work fine in TO 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, PanzerShrekoning said:

It would Need its own B.R system. Without aircraft i see German Vehicles especially being up B.Rd. maybe not immediately but down the line when they start showing improvement once American Cas is not a threat. 

And why would German vehicles needed to be uptiered? Germans can now be paired with US when lock was removed so US CAS is now irrelevant for that matter.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, KH_Alan said:

And why would German vehicles needed to be uptiered? Germans can now be paired with US when lock was removed so US CAS is now irrelevant for that matter.

And when they aren't paired? Its not set in stone that Germany will be paired with America. German tanks will perform better in TO compared to CA by a drastic margin in comparison to the other nations.

Just now, PanzerShrekoning said:

And when they aren't paired? Its not set in stone that Germany will be paired with America. German tanks will perform better in TO compared to CA by a drastic margin in comparison to the other nations.

And how is that so? We are making assumption that planes have such a big impact on gameplay that over all games that take place german tanks are on lower B.Rs because of them?

When they are not is also irrelevant as it will average out in long run with other nation mixes. And what BR would that be when they supposedly would perform drasticly better?

9 minutes ago, KH_Alan said:

When they are not is also irrelevant as it will average out in long run with other nation mixes. And what BR would that be when they supposedly would perform drasticly better?

When American CAS starts obliterating the Germans. Generally around the 4.3 to 6.3 BRs. Germany Cas is lack luster around then in comparison to the P47 and the like. Another tank That wikl see improvement is the T95 TD at 7.0 America. Without Aircraft that thing will be a monster at its BR when downtiered. It's only weakness is chemical and APDS and even then sometimes not on the APDS side. Itll stomp on the downtier without any air. Thats a good thing for the T95 drivers(i love that thing. I pair it with my B29 superfortress and have a ball.) but itll still have to be uptiered to 7.3.

TO will improve the game in the upper tiers around 8.7+ when Aircraft start getting ATGMs. 

1 hour ago, PanzerShrekoning said:

It would Need its own B.R system.

Battle Royale, Tankers Day, World War ALL used "Tanks Only" without change to BR...and worked fine.

ME personally, i think we should start by A REGULAR EVENT where BR changes aren't necessary...

I dont think BR changes would be so critical, even in the long run...a +0.3BR modifier to some vehicles (some open tops, for instance) would probably suffice.

(Bear in mind Artillery stays...and SPAAs will lose a lot of purpose)

8 minutes ago, PanzerShrekoning said:

When American CAS starts obliterating the Germans. Generally around the 4.3 to 6.3 BRs. Germany Cas is lack luster around then in comparison to the P47 and the like. Another tank That wikl see improvement is the T95 TD at 7.0 America. Without Aircraft that thing will be a monster at its BR when downtiered. It's only weakness is chemical and APDS and even then sometimes not on the APDS side. Itll stomp on the downtier without any air. Thats a good thing for the T95 drivers(i love that thing. I pair it with my B29 superfortress and have a ball.) but itll still have to be uptiered to 7.3.

TO will improve the game in the upper tiers around 8.7+ when Aircraft start getting ATGMs. 

And again all that is irrelevant now that nation lock is released as in long run all nations will have the same number of paired battles with other nations. That would be relevant before lock was released.

Edited by KH_Alan

14 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Battle Royale, Tankers Day, World War ALL used "Tanks Only" without change to BR...and worked fine.

ME personally, i think we should start by A REGULAR EVENT where BR changes aren't necessary...

I dont think BR changes would be so critical, even in the long run...a +0.3BR modifier to some vehicles (some open tops, for instance) would probably suffice.

(Bear in mind Artillery stays...and SPAAs will lose a lot of purpose)

Events are not modes. And i never said it would need an instant BR change. It will require them when the mode progresses. 

And yes. An event mode that changes every week for differenr BRs is good. It's not a mode that would need balancing and changes.

Alot of the SPAA unless removed will see drastic BR changes to allow them easier time killing tanks. 

16 minutes ago, KH_Alan said:

And again all that is irrelevant now that nation lock is released as in long run all nations will have the same number of paired battles with other nations. That would be relevant before lock was released.

Then i need to see if things even out foe the nations in GBRF before i can confirm or deny what you say. 

20 minutes ago, PanzerShrekoning said:

Then i need to see if things even out foe the nations in GBRF before i can confirm or deny what you say. 

Its basic statistics of big numbers. Now all nations have the same chance of pairing with other nations since lock is removed. So in low number of battles ratios would not be as they should (chance percentage) but on large number of battles that number is more closer to chance percentage.

Its highly unlikely you will see if things even out (or not) for nations in RBGF since that data is not accessable to players.

Edited by KH_Alan

15 minutes ago, croatiankiller said:

Planes are ranked by air RB not ground RB.

i know
i was just pointign out that gajin doesnt balance vehicles for diffrent modes diffrently

37 minutes ago, KH_Alan said:

Its basic statistics of big numbers. Now all nations have the same chance of pairing with other nations since lock is removed. So in low number of battles ratios would not be as they should (chance percentage) but on large number of battles that number is more closer to chance percentage.

Its highly unlikely you will see if things even out (or not) for nations in RBGF since that data is not accessable to players.

If you say so. I just know that without planes certain vehicles will have a drastic performance improvement over others. Removing a factor always changes something and saying that TO will not need BR adjustments is ludicrous. No matter what action you take in life, there are always negative and positive consequences.

35 minutes ago, jancc said:

i know
i was just pointign out that gajin doesnt balance vehicles for diffrent modes diffrently

Well to be fair. They don't have two modes where tanks can go in yet so that'll probably change on the off chanxe that a new mode was put in. 

1 hour ago, PanzerShrekoning said:

If you say so. I just know that without planes certain vehicles will have a drastic performance improvement over others. Removing a factor always changes something and saying that TO will not need BR adjustments is ludicrous. No matter what action you take in life, there are always negative and positive consequences.

But thats the thing you don't know you just assume that without planes certain vehicles will have a drastic performance improvement over others.

Also if TO would be made in setup as SBGF BR wouldn't matter since lineups would be predetermined by event itself.

Not really. No matter what action you take in life, there are always consequences. Some may seem negative at certain time may but turn out to be positive on the long run. And vice versa.

4 minutes ago, KH_Alan said:

But thats the thing you don't know you just assume that without planes certain vehicles will have a drastic performance improvement over others.

Also if TO would be made in setup as SBGF BR wouldn't matter since lineups would be predetermined by event itself.

Not really. No matter what action you take in life, there are always consequences. Some may seem negative at certain time may but turn out to be positive on the long run. And vice versa.

Correct but assumptions is what everyone is working on in this thread. For and against TO. None of us have any data or facts except feelings and "testimony." 

As for TO being made like that. If It's an actual event then hell yeah. Thats one thing and an entire new game mode from 1.0 to 10.7 is another. Im more of focused on an actual gamemode and not an event that changes line ups every week or so. 

As for my philosophy. I always have found a negative and a positive effect for my actions.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, PanzerShrekoning said:

As for TO being made like that. If It's an actual event then hell yeah. Thats one thing and an entire new game mode from 1.0 to 10.7 is another. Im more of focused on an actual gamemode and not an event that changes line ups every week or so. 

But thats the thing. SBGF is a game mode but its set up as multiple permanent events which are rotating on daily basis. Two events per day. One for rank 1-4 and one for ranks 5-7. That way low player number don't have much influence as there will always be enough players for two events. Tankers day was narrow BR event which was played by over 3000 players. Whole SB community has around 1500 players and those two rotating events are running like that for years.

Edited by KH_Alan

1 hour ago, KH_Alan said:

But thats the thing. SBGF is a game mode but its set up as multiple permanent events which are rotating on daily basis. Two events per day. One for rank 1-4 and one for ranks 5-7. That way low player number don't have much influence as there will always be enough players for two events. Tankers day was narrow BR event which was played by over 3000 players. Whole SB community has around 1500 players and those two rotating events are running like that for years.

And we could use a RB version of that. Absolutely. It wouldn't need any touch ups or balance changes or anything. Just place it down a a rotating event and leave it be. Im talking about how some people in thw thread are wanting a brand new mode that's not an event. Thats the problem.

• Confused 1