Best answer

A general reminder for all thread participants....

Insulting, inflammatory, off-topic and otherwise rule breaking content which does not contribute to the discussion will not be tolerated here.

Such comments can (and likely will) be met with warnings and possible posting time out if it persists. We get it's a hot topic. However, with that comes the responsibility of remaining respectful and constructive, regardless of your view on the matter.

>>> Take personal disputes of any type to private message, the forum is NOT the place for it.

8 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

No one really looked at SP in order to get as much as they can in short period of time, then again:

People will find an easy way to get it, give them some time 

Gathering SP is the direct result of playing well...and most people strive to do that. I'm not sure why you seem to think otherwise.

There is no bias. People dislike the idea and that's eot

Nope, negativity bias is a real and known phenomenon.

As for the second bit, while you may personally feel that way it is inaccurate to claim that is the general feeling when that has been shown to not be the case. You cannot just say your feelings are facts--that's false.

I don't have problems with spawncampers and when they occur I just destroy them with my tank. 

Yeah...as people were learning in that Tankers' Day event, that's not an actual solution to the problem--it's just a denial of the problem.

Edited by warrior412
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Gathering SP is the direct result of playing well...and most people strive to do that. I'm not sure why you seem to think otherwise.

There is a difference with just playing and playing to get as much SP as possible

Nope, negativity bias is a real and known phenomenon.

As for the second bit, while you may personally feel that way it is inaccurate to claim that is the general feeling when that has been shown to not be the case. You cannot just say your feelings are facts--that's false.

As I have already explained I don't really care about it. General opinion is that people dislike it.

Yeah...as people were learning in that Tankers' Day event, that's not an actual solution to the problem--it's just a denial of the problem.

Solution should be implemented for all modes not only TO. Wanting TO to solve the problem of the whole game is just stupid :good:

Edited by ULQ_LOVER
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

There is a difference with just playing and playing to get as much SP as possible

Earnings are earnings. If you don’t want an enemy to earn SP, wipe him out.

9 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

As I have already explained I don't really care about it. General opinion is that people dislike it.

Nope, wrong. :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Solution should be implemented for all modes not only TO. Wanting TO to solve the problem of the whole game is just stupid :good:

Nobody said anything like that. :facepalm:

32 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Earnings are earnings. If you don’t want an enemy to earn SP, wipe him out.

You don't really get it, do You?

Nope, wrong. :facepalm:

Yes

Nobody said anything like that. :facepalm:

You are saying things like it by trying to tell people that spawncamping is the problem of TO when it is the problem of the whole game :good:

1 minute ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

You don't really get it, do You?

I understand it fully—for some reason you think SP earnings are an issue. They’re just part of the game.

2 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Yes

You are saying things like it by trying to tell people that spawncamping is the problem of TO when it is the problem of the whole game :good:

Incorrect on both points.

8 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

I understand it fully—for some reason you think SP earnings are an issue. They’re just part of the game.

You don't understand what I mean, read it again and maybe one day You will get it

8 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Incorrect on both points.

I'm not incorrect, just saying what things look like :good:

Edited by ULQ_LOVER

2 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Are You going to derial the topic now or can we go back to the discussion that doesn't involve self interpretations? 

I have never derailed the topic.

If you’d like to discuss TO now that’d be a welcome change, go ahead.

Edited by warrior412
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

If you’d like to discuss TO now that’d be a welcome change, go ahead.

I'm still waiting for any things to discuss about TO because the only thing You came up with war a problem of spawncamping that is a problem in all modes.

Or maybe we should tak about atomic bomb that again doesn't have any influence over TO and is a killstreak rather than CAS option? 

4 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

I'm still waiting for any things to discuss about TO because the only thing You came up with war a problem of spawncamping that is a problem in all modes.

Numerous other issues have been pointed out—if you think spawncamping is the only issue, you haven’t been keeping up.

6 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Or maybe we should tak about atomic bomb that again doesn't have any influence over TO and is a killstreak rather than CAS option? 

:facepalm:

As I had said, the new mechanic signals a move away from TO—that’s the connection.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Numerous other issues have been pointed out—if you think spawncamping is the only issue, you haven’t been keeping up.

All of the issues You have told us about were issues of the whole game not TO. 

As I had said, the new mechanic signals a move away from TO—that’s the connection.

Gaijin using something they have already made in other modes doesn't mean anything in regard of TO. 

• Like 1

I still say they're doing their best to keep the game interesting enough that most keep playing, while it's frustrating enough that people are inspired to spend cash to get to the vehicles they want.  I tried suggesting they make a TO mode that was just for premium accounts, which would keep everyone from switching over, even when they add new aircraft that are OP, but they just removed the suggestion from view.  When I asked a mod which mod had removed it, I was told it was removed because my suggestion did not include a poll.

15 hours ago, SilkMonger said:

I tried suggesting they make a TO mode that was just for premium accounts

Sorry, but this sounds a very bad idea...

If Gaijin starts some special mode (any mode) for Premium only, the backlash in forums will be HUGE! And IMHO the number of players will not be enough to sustain it...i have no numbers, but i would GUESS premium accounts are a rather small minority...

Premium provides faster and/or different content...but it MUST share the same battlefields...any other solution will be bad for game and players...and even Gaijin...IMHO.

One of the big virtues of War Thunder is that you can play anything for free...(if you grind long enough :) )

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Premium provides faster and/or different content...but it MUST share the same battlefields...any other solution will be bad for game and players...and even Gaijin...IMHO.

Agreed. Putting out content exclusively for those who pay premium is the kind of thing EA would do, and nobody wants to be like EA. Premium vehicles are already a bit like that, but they at least fit well with the f2p tanks (most of the time)

So I have to post in this thread that has been going on for 4 years without any sign of change except more and more added air support...... 

Once again I come out of a match that would have been a perfect ground forces game feeling angry and frustrated.

Poland large version, 7.3 BR. 
Sweden, Russia, France and one more vs America and Germany. 

I spawn on the western side in my Strv 81 making my way up towards the town and the B point. The opposing team take C while an even fight is happening around A.
Being cautious to push over the open field towards the town I slowly make my way across, constantly keeping an eye north towards A. Got a shot off on some a tank in the woods and it is destroyed by en friendly shortly after.

Coming up towards the town the enemy team has started to spawn aircraft, this is some 3 minutes into the game. I can hear bombs being droped on tanks clsoe to me. 
Slowly making my way further into town towards two spotted Tiger 2s. 
One bomb is dropped on me but takes out a building. 
I engage one of the Tigers with a glancing shot. Pop into cover, reload and notice that it got taken out be a friendly.
A bomb lands next to me and I die.
Respawn on the southern spawn and start pushing towards C in an IKV 91. 
I spot another Tiger in the woods and manage to land three shells on him taking him out. 
I continue across the open field, speeding towars the few covers availalbe.
A 262 narval start strafing me, most likely the Tiger I just killed. 
Having no way to defend myself I lose two crewmembers, a track and get several slightly damaged components.
Overall he make three passes on me and a pass ona friend close to me and we have no way to counter him. 
Once repaired I make my way up to C, being very careful as there could be potential enemy tanks in the area.
A killshot on a careless Ostwind blasting into the sky.
A bomb land next to me and I die....same guy....
As it now started to feel pointless to be on the ground I get into my SK60 to see if I can get a drop on the F4U that has been bombing me, out of pure frustration. 
He spots me as soon as I spawn and does a head on engagement. 
A small dogfight ensues which he of course win due to me not having any modules unlocked and ina clearly more nimble plane. 
So I use the speed of my jet engins to get away ... or not... becaus even with a headstart and a better energy situation he still catches up to me.
Luckily the match ended before I was shot down.

So conclusion,
75% of the time in this ground forces game I was worrying about, engaging or being engaged by planes. 
a single tank shell was fired in my direction.
I only ever saw Four enemy ground vehicles. 
I was taken out Three times by planes.

And this was on one of the few maps that are really enjoyable from a ground forces point of view.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, trbKhaela said:

So I have to post in this thread that has been going on for 4 years without any sign of change except more and more added air support...... 

Once again I come out of a match that would have been a perfect ground forces game feeling angry and frustrated.

Poland large version, 7.3 BR. 
Sweden, Russia, France and one more vs America and Germany. 

I spawn on the western side in my Strv 81 making my way up towards the town and the B point. The opposing team take C while an even fight is happening around A.
Being cautious to push over the open field towards the town I slowly make my way across, constantly keeping an eye north towards A. Got a shot off on some a tank in the woods and it is destroyed by en friendly shortly after.

Coming up towards the town the enemy team has started to spawn aircraft, this is some 3 minutes into the game. I can hear bombs being droped on tanks clsoe to me. 
Slowly making my way further into town towards two spotted Tiger 2s. 
One bomb is dropped on me but takes out a building. 
I engage one of the Tigers with a glancing shot. Pop into cover, reload and notice that it got taken out be a friendly.
A bomb lands next to me and I die.
Respawn on the southern spawn and start pushing towards C in an IKV 91. 
I spot another Tiger in the woods and manage to land three shells on him taking him out. 
I continue across the open field, speeding towars the few covers availalbe.
A 262 narval start strafing me, most likely the Tiger I just killed. 
Having no way to defend myself I lose two crewmembers, a track and get several slightly damaged components.
Overall he make three passes on me and a pass ona friend close to me and we have no way to counter him. 
Once repaired I make my way up to C, being very careful as there could be potential enemy tanks in the area.
A killshot on a careless Ostwind blasting into the sky.
A bomb land next to me and I die....same guy....
As it now started to feel pointless to be on the ground I get into my SK60 to see if I can get a drop on the F4U that has been bombing me, out of pure frustration. 
He spots me as soon as I spawn and does a head on engagement. 
A small dogfight ensues which he of course win due to me not having any modules unlocked and ina clearly more nimble plane. 
So I use the speed of my jet engins to get away ... or not... becaus even with a headstart and a better energy situation he still catches up to me.
Luckily the match ended before I was shot down.

So conclusion,
75% of the time in this ground forces game I was worrying about, engaging or being engaged by planes. 
a single tank shell was fired in my direction.
I only ever saw Four enemy ground vehicles. 
I was taken out Three times by planes.

And this was on one of the few maps that are really enjoyable from a ground forces point of view.

Where was your friendly fighters? Where was your Anti Air? This problem here that you are having, is that your team was absolutely poo-poo in regards to countering CAS so of course CAS is going to have a field day if the team isn't going to proactively take countermeasures. It's not hard to hop into an SPAA, drive OUT OF SPAWN, and move closer to the battlefield and begin counter meastuers to fighters. No CAS is going to fly near Flak so you're actively protecting your team. it just sucks that theres really no points involved to keeping CAS away from your team.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, PanzerShrekoning said:

Where was your friendly fighters? Where was your Anti Air? This problem here that you are having, is that your team was absolutely poo-poo in regards to countering CAS so of course CAS is going to have a field day if the team isn't going to proactively take countermeasures. It's not hard to hop into an SPAA, drive OUT OF SPAWN, and move closer to the battlefield and begin counter meastuers to fighters. No CAS is going to fly near Flak so you're actively protecting your team. it just sucks that theres really no points involved to keeping CAS away from your team.

This would come across as less of a joke if SPAA's below 8.0 weren't garbage.

medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

This would come across as less of a joke if SPAA's below 8.0 weren't garbage.

Thats on you. Sorry that you require an aim assist to actually kill planes. Flying CAS above 8.0 is Garbage because of the Radar SPAA being absolutely broken. Don't even get me started on Missle SPAA.

13 minutes ago, PanzerShrekoning said:

Thats on you. Sorry that you require an aim assist to actually kill planes. Flying CAS above 8.0 is Garbage because of the Radar SPAA being absolutely broken. Don't even get me started on Missle SPAA.

yeah clearly the lack of radar is the problem 

medal medal medal medal

Just now, [email protected] said:

yeah clearly the lack of radar is the problem 

And this video does what exactly? It shows nothing about low tier SPAA. It showcases that even if you shoot down an enemy, they get a timer sometimes. That has nothing to do with your previous statement. Nice try.

13 minutes ago, PanzerShrekoning said:

And this video does what exactly? It shows nothing about low tier SPAA. It showcases that even if you shoot down an enemy, they get a timer sometimes. That has nothing to do with your previous statement. Nice try.

Yikes dude, this really isn't complicated

1. Low tiers SPAA's are almost all bad at shooting planes outside of edge cases like the WIrblewind.
2. SPAA trees are often extremely underdeveloped to the point where players have to rely on low tier SPAA's as their best actual AA unit for way too long, i.e. Japan an the USSR has to rely on a 3.3 SPAA as their best vehicle until 8.0. France straight up doesn't get any good SPAA's between 1.3 an 8.0

3. SPAA's are often straight up weaker than the planes their supposed to be trying to shoot down, most of them having open tops that leave their gunners vunlerable to being killed by light MG fire from the planes that they are supposed to be countering. This problem gets worse if you're forced to rely on a low tier SPAA in a high tier game, like trying to use the Crusader AA in a 7.3 lineup.

4. Even if an SPAA kills a plane it will still frequently kill you in turn anyway. Its like if Arty in WOT had the martyrdom perk from COD4.

Edited by [email protected]
medal medal medal medal

21 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Yikes dude, this really isn't complicated

1. Low tiers SPAA's are almost all bad at shooting planes outside of edge cases like the WIrblewind.
2. SPAA trees are often extremely underdeveloped to the point where players have to rely on low tier SPAA's as their best actual AA unit for way too long, i.e. Japan an the USSR has to rely on a 3.3 SPAA as their best vehicle until 8.0. France straight up doesn't get any good SPAA's between 1.3 an 8.0

3. SPAA's are often straight up weaker than the planes their supposed to be trying to shoot down, most of them having open tops that leave their gunners vunlerable to being killed by light MG fire from the planes that they are supposed to be countering. This problem gets worse if you're forced to rely on a low tier SPAA in a high tier game, like trying to use the Crusader AA in a 7.3 lineup.

4. Even if an SPAA kills a plane it will still frequently kill you in turn anyway. Its like if Arty in WOT had the martyrdom perk from COD4.

1. Thats cause you are bad.

2. Congratulations? Wirbelwind can be taken to a 6.7 just fine. Get good at using them.

3. What do you mean they are weaker? I'm confused. Because they are open topped and can be countered by a strafing plane that caught you when you weren't payin attention? Congratulations. You got owned by a better player. If a plane is coming at you to strafe, you got the perfect chance to move and shoot. They have the disadvantage of having to actually be in an attacking run where they are vulnerable.

4. That's a problem that exists with how the planes work in general. I 100% agree it needs a fix because it exists in Air RB too.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PanzerShrekoning said:

This was during the first wave of tanks. Most of my team had not yet been destroyed. 

So there was no fighters nor SPAA out at this time. Mind that this is a Groundforces battle and most are in there to play their tanks. 

Secondly, this is a large map where most of the action was in the northern part of the map. So if there was any active SPAA then they were located in the north and had no possibility to engage any aircraft in the southern part. 

I could see two friendly aircraft  being active. Most likely being CAS because why take up a fighter in a Groundforces battle, you're there to bomb tanks.

No this is pointless arguments from your side. Had there been no aircraft to begin with then neither the lack of SPAA or Fighters woul'dve been a problem. I don't see it that my gameplay experience should be completley ruined because other player chose to play in a way they like.  

• Confused 1
medal medal medal

19 hours ago, PanzerShrekoning said:

Thats on you. Sorry that you require an aim assist to actually kill planes.

18 hours ago, PanzerShrekoning said:

1. Thats cause you are bad.

2. Congratulations? Wirbelwind can be taken to a 6.7 just fine. Get good at using them.

3. What do you mean they are weaker? I'm confused. Because they are open topped and can be countered by a strafing plane that caught you when you weren't payin attention? Congratulations. You got owned by a better player. If a plane is coming at you to strafe, you got the perfect chance to move and shoot. They have the disadvantage of having to actually be in an attacking run where they are vulnerable.

Deleted

Edited by NotTheWave
Unnecessary salt
  • Haha 2
medal medal medal