Jump to content

Best answer

A general reminder for all thread participants....

Insulting, inflammatory, off-topic and otherwise rule breaking content which does not contribute to the discussion will not be tolerated here.

Such comments can (and likely will) be met with warnings and possible posting time out if it persists. We get it's a hot topic. However, with that comes the responsibility of remaining respectful and constructive, regardless of your view on the matter.

>>> Take personal disputes of any type to private message, the forum is NOT the place for it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, C0lander said:

I don't think we necessarily need a Ground only mode, but we should get the ability to drive to spawn, J-out of the vehicle and spawn another, in accordance with the situation in the field and be able to spawn it later again...switching vehicles, as long as they've not been destroyed, should be a thing.

Well in the middle of the game you should already know what you need.What is the point of spawn points then?

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Killstreak mechanic that allows to end the battle in an instant is not something that should be eaisly earned


3000 SP is not “easily” earned. :facepalm:

 

Looking through the comments, recognition of that is quite universal among the informed people who understand the difference between score points and spawn points.

 

6 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

I'm just telling You how it seems to be from the point of atomic bombs for planes and disabling FF ;)


Well, you’d be wrong: I’m just speculating on how Gaijin could implement such things.

 

You are the one who said tactical nukes wouldn’t change anything, so... :dntknw:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

3000 SP is not “easily” earned. :facepalm:

 

Looking through the comments, recognition of that is quite universal among the informed people who understand the difference between score points and spawn points.

Informed people will tell You the same as I did ;)

10 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Well, you’d be wrong: I’m just speculating on how Gaijin could implement such things.

 

You are the one who said tactical nukes wouldn’t change anything, so... :dntknw:

I said why they wouldn't change a thing in todays gameplay because if they wanted to implement them they would work the same as bombs :good:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Informed people will tell You the same as I did ;)


Nope, not really. It’s simply uninformed to think 3000 SP comes together easily.

 

As I’ve continued to read discussions of this mechanic, it’s become more and more obvious that people respect the 3000 SP price as something that is hard-earned. (The ability for a good player to have a chance at winning despite a horrid team appears to be a reason why this idea is popular.)

 

31 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

I said why they wouldn't change a thing in todays gameplay because if they wanted to implement them they would work the same as bombs


That lack of change sounds like a fine reason to toss them into the game.

 

There’s no reason not to put them in if they won’t rock the boat.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, croatiankiller said:

Well in the middle of the game you should already know what you need.What is the point of spawn points then?

I'm not talking about changing the lineup, but switching the vehicles within the lineup, without losing them.

It already exists in the Air EC and it works fine.

Edited by C0lander
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Nope, not really. It’s simply uninformed to think 3000 SP comes together easily.

 

As I’ve continued to read discussions of this mechanic, it’s become more and more obvious that people respect the 3000 SP price as something that is hard-earned. (The ability for a good player to have a chance at winning despite a horrid team appears to be a reason why this idea is popular.)

A mechanism that allows You to insta win something is what should be really hard to get.

 

I have read what people said and most of them don't want this mechanic in Ground RB. 

The good player is not someone who only cares about SP (You need to cap alone to have more of them and not wait for Your teammates) but a person who spawns multiple times if needed. People who will want to get atomic bomb are going to be a pain in the back for the whole team 

32 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

That lack of change sounds like a fine reason to toss them into the game.

 

There’s no reason not to put them in if they won’t rock the boat.

 Can You read what I have said first?

Edited by ULQ_LOVER
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

A mechanism that allows You to insta win something is what should be really hard to get.


3000 SP is hard to get—it’s barely possible with SP earnings as they are and certainly isn’t practical.

 

10 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

I have read what people said and most of them don't want this mechanic in Ground RB. 


Eh, you just need to do more reading if you believe that.

 

In actuality—having looked at discussions here, on Reddit and on YouTube—most people have not said what you claim. Reaction has generally ranged from those neutral over the idea (because it is set yo be such a rarity) to positive (because it gives a good player a chance to carry).

 

The only people who seemed to react negatively were those who didn’t know what they were talking about. (On this, confusing score points and spawn points was a visible cause.) One guy recanted his negative reaction when he was corrected on what 3000 SP meant.

 

This change looks to be one of the most popular mechanical changes in along time.

 

16 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Can You read what I have said first?


I did. You said they “wouldn’t change a thing”—so what’s the problem?

17 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

The good player is not someone who only cares about SP (You need to cap alone to have more of them and not wait for Your teammates) but a person who spawns multiple times if needed. People who will want to get atomic bomb are going to be a pain in the back for the whole team 


A good player understands SP—how to get it and how to use it.

 

SP management is just another skill in RB GFs.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, warrior412 said:

3000 SP is hard to get—it’s barely possible with SP earnings as they are and certainly isn’t practical.

People will find an easy way to get it, give them some time 

1 minute ago, warrior412 said:

Eh, you just need to do more reading if you believe that.

 

In actuality—having looked at discussions here, on Reddit and on YouTube—most people have not said what you claim. Reaction has generally ranged from those neutral over the idea (because it is set yo be such a rarity) to positive (because it gives a good player a chance to carry).

 

The only people who seemed to react negatively were those who didn’t know what they were talking about. (On this, confusing score points and spawn points was a visible cause.) One guy recanted his negative reaction when he was corrected on what 3000 SP meant.

 

This change looks to be one of the most popular mechanical changes in along time.

I don't care really about Youtube or reddit, we are talking about forum here. 

General public doesn't want it and that is a fact. 

2 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

I did. You said they “wouldn’t change a thing”—so what’s the problem?

And have You read why? Or maybe what are the options of implementing it in todays gameplay? 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone who champions this idea of Ground Only battles tested it out in Custom Battles and worked out the positives and negatives that may arise with this mode? I'd be interested to see that. It may be hidden in the 400 plus pages of this post though ^^. 

Edited by AbigailxCake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AbigailxCake said:

Has anyone who champions this idea of Ground Only battles tested it out in Custom Battles and worked out the positives and negatives that may arise with this mode? I'd be interested to see that. It may be hidden in the 400 plus pages of this post though ^^. 

There was an event of TO and there was no problems at all :good:

Edited by ULQ_LOVER
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was said event: 

 

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

People will find an easy way to get it, give them some time 


3000 SP is something that is a tall order—it’s not easily earned, it is definitely earned.

 

13 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

I don't care really about Youtube or reddit, we are talking about forum here. 

General public doesn't want it and that is a fact. 


Incorrect. The forums, Reddit and YouTube are all places where the general public speaks. You cannot claim to accurately know what the general public’s reaction is while actively disregarding these places.

 

Also, you claiming something does not make it a fact. The truth is that the reaction to this new mechanic has been largely positive, whether you personally like it or not.

 

16 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

And have You read why? Or maybe what are the options of implementing it in todays gameplay?


If they don’t change anything (your stance), there isn’t much to be concerned about.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, warrior412 said:

3000 SP is something that is a tall order—it’s not easily earned, it is definitely earned.

People will find an easy way to get it, give them some time 

1 minute ago, warrior412 said:

Incorrect. The forums, Reddit and YouTube are all places where the general public speaks. You cannot claim to accurately know what the general public’s reaction is while actively disregarding these places.

 

Also, you claiming something does not make it a fact. The truth is that the reaction to this new mechanic has been largely positive, whether you personally like it or not.

And reaction of general public not only people You call informed was not positive if You are happy about it or not :good:

2 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

If they don’t change anything (your stance), there isn’t much to be concerned about.

Because people will be kicked off the match after using one :lol2:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, AbigailxCake said:

Has anyone who champions this idea of Ground Only battles tested it out in Custom Battles and worked out the positives and negatives that may arise with this mode? 


In a word, no.
 

While myself and others have suggested that a practical test in Custom Battles be done—both as a demonstration of interest to Gaijin and an insight to advocates—I am not aware of anyone actually following through with that idea. It’s pretty plain and elementary but still TO advocates have not tried it.

 

For as much talk as TO gets, there has been hardly any action in actually pursuing the idea. (For instance: a uniform proposal laying out the idea and summarizing the expected needed changes from the basic form of RB GFs still hasn’t been drafted—even after 4 years’ time.)

 

———

The Tankers’ Day event that the guys above mention was about the closest thing to a test that was ever seen...but as a test, it was flawed to the point of uselessness. TO was not the only unique variable of the event (which it’d need to be to accurately gauge interest).

 

In that case, Gaijin had allowed a specific range of vehicles (8.X to 9.3) into an event setup wherein only tanks were available. (At this time, max BR was beyond 10.0). Rather than being about TO, the Tankers’ Day event was a 9.3 grinder’s paradise. 9.3 vehicles were the top dogs there—rather than being prone to facing 10.3s as normal MM would bring.
 

The special MM had attracted many to that event, not TO. The presence of that variable destroyed that event’s viability as a test citation—it’s been skewed by the unrelated factor the special MM presented. We can never know exactly who came for what there.


 

Don’t let the rosy talk of “no problems” deceive you either—spawncamping was already noted. Even after only a few hours of time, people had begun to figure out shooting spots that enemy GFs could not counteract. There was balancing work to be done.

————

 

According to @Smin1080p, TO is a niche interest; in a Q&A in October 2020, Gaijin dismissed the suggestion of a TO mode as not making any sense to them (which suggests TO is dead as a mode idea).

 

With that said, the idea of a TO event has been met with more enthusiasm. That suggestion has been passed to Gaijin. (Even so, TO advocates have said and done hardly anything with the idea.)

Edited by warrior412
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Despite the rosy talk of “no problems” deceive you—spawncamping was already noted. Even after only a few hours of time, people had begun to figure out shooting spots that enemy GFs could not counteract. There was balancing work to be done.

Spawncamping is RB GF's problem not related only to TO that we are talking about :good:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate both your responses @warrior412 and @ULQ_LOVER . This seems like a very complex mode to implement and discuss. As I said it would be nice to see them add it just to gage interest, advantages and disadvantages in the mode, but as warrior stated it doesn't seem they are too interested in that idea as far as I can tell.

Edited by AbigailxCake
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

People will find an easy way to get it, give them some time 


People earning things is not a problem nor is 3000 SP easy to earn.
 

Many of the reactions talking about this new mechanic directly mention that 3000 SP is a lot to acquire and that anyone who gathered that much ought to have an ability to try at winning the match.

 

31 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

And reaction of general public not only people You call informed was not positive if You are happy about it or not :good:


Incorrect—obviously you need to read the reactions you’ve disregarded, as you’re very misinformed.

 

The majority of people are informed (they understand score points are not spawn points) and they have reacted positively to this idea on the basis of its merits.

 

While you personally may not support this idea (that’s okay), the public statements you’ve disregarded elsewhere show your stance to indeed be the minority holding.

 

36 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Because people will be kicked off the match after using one :lol2:


That could well be made to work as a balancing mechanism, as it is with the FAB-5000. It’d all depend on how implementation was done.

 

9 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Spawncamping is RB GF's problem not related only to TO that we are talking about :good:


Spawncamping in that event was set to be a problem. It was not all sunshine and buttercups there.

 

The proneness of TO to spawncamping imbalances without aircraft to remedy those things remains one of the nagging flaws of the TO concept.  Flaws like that are why people like @AbigailxCake (and even myself, years back) suggest active demonstrations to look into things.

 

For as much chatter as there has been about TO, the idea has not been very well thought out. Planning has been extremely basic and that has hobbled it.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

People earning things is not a problem nor is 3000 SP easy to earn.
 

Many of the reactions talking about this new mechanic directly mention that 3000 SP is a lot to acquire and that anyone who gathered that much ought to have an ability to try at winning the match.

People will find an easy way to get it, give them some time 

5 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Incorrect—obviously you need to read the reactions you’ve disregarded, as you’re very misinformed.

 

The majority of people are informed (they understand score points are not spawn points) and they have reacted positively to this idea on the basis of its merits.

 

While you personally may not support this idea (that’s okay), the public statements you’ve disregarded elsewhere show your stance to indeed be the minority holding.

Correct.

I have checked reddit post about nuke in RB and most of the people were talking about the whole mechanic without giving their opinion about it. Couldn't find this majority of positive comments about it, can You link us some?

6 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

That could well be made to work as a balancing mechanism, as it is with the FAB-5000. It’d all depend on how implementation was done.

That is why in todays gameplay it wouldn't change much 

6 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Spawncamping in that event was set to be a problem. It was not all sunshine and buttercups there.

Spawncamping is the problem of all modes, not only TO that we are discussing here. Making it the problem of TO is just stupid ;) 

7 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

The proneness of TO to spawncamping imbalances without aircraft to remedy those things remains one of the nagging flaws of the TO concept.  Flaws like that are why people like @AbigailxCake (and even myself, years back) suggest active demonstrations to look into things.

And things are discussed but again, when talking about spawncamping You should talk about the whole game not TO itself :good:

7 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

For as much chatter as there has been about TO, the idea has not been very well thought out. Planning has been extremely basic and that has hobbled it.

Everything You have pointed out was discussed here and most of the things people mentioned are things that are problems in core gameplay rather than TO :good:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

People will find an easy way to get it, give them some time 

 

Repeating that same line over and over again does not make it true. 3000 SP is not easy to obtain.

 

Honestly all it really shows is an apparent contempt for people using their earnings. What's wrong with someone using what he's earned?:dntknw:

 

1 hour ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Correct.

I have checked reddit post about nuke in RB and most of the people were talking about the whole mechanic without giving their opinion about it. Couldn't find this majority of positive comments about it, can You link us some?

 

The reactions I am talking about are all publicly visible and apparent:

 

Spoiler

mN6bciQ.png

 

fdyFGze.png

 

These can be also found where they originated (reddit and youtube).

 

The community has spoken and its reaction is very different from how you've portrayed it.

 

1 hour ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

That is why in todays gameplay it wouldn't change much 

 

Alright--so it'd be okay to begin integrating them to give vehicles their historical loadouts.

 

1 hour ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Spawncamping is the problem of all modes, not only TO that we are discussing here. Making it the problem of TO is just stupid ;) 

 

The problem of spawncamping is more acute in a TO mode because CAS would not be available as a balancing measure. This is why spawncamping is an especially big issue in TO.

 

1 hour ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Everything You have pointed out was discussed here and most of the things people mentioned are things that are problems in core gameplay rather than TO :good:

 

Not really. TO hasn't been planned at all and many failings are strictly related to that inadequate thinking.

Edited by warrior412
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, warrior412 said:

Repeating that same line over and over again does not make it true. 3000 SP is not easy to obtain.

 

Honestly all it really shows is an apparent contempt for people using their earnings. What's wrong with someone using what he's earned?:dntknw:

If You can't read what I have said I have to tell it over and over again 

1 hour ago, warrior412 said:

The reactions I am talking about are all publicly visible and apparent:

3 comments from reddit saying that they want it, 2 comments from YT saying that they like the idea. Other were just talking about it without telling if they like it or not :good:

1 hour ago, warrior412 said:

Alright--so it'd be okay to begin integrating them to give vehicles their historical loadouts.

Read again what I have said

1 hour ago, warrior412 said:

The problem of spawncamping is more acute in a TO mode because CAS would not be available as a balancing measure. This is why spawncamping is an especially big issue in TO.

Eh, nope. The problem of spawncamping can be seen in all modes of the game and is not a TO thing. I can even fairly say that You can spawncamp using a plane :good:

1 hour ago, warrior412 said:

Not really. TO hasn't been planned at all and many failings are strictly related to that inadequate thinking.

You failed to provide any evidence showing us problems that would occur when TO would be implemented, what You have did is just tell us some problems that are already in the game and are not there because of TO :good:

Edited by ULQ_LOVER
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

If You can't read what I have said I have to tell it over and over again 

 

I can read just is fine--I had to correct you on the ease of gathering 3000 SP (numerous people concur with what I said too).

 

12 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

2 comments from reddit saying that they want it, 2 comments from YT saying that they like the idea. Other were just talking about it without telling if they like it or not :good:

 

Shown the proof, you say this. :facepalm:

 

14 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

The problem of spawncamping can be seen in all modes of the game and is not a TO thing. I can even fairly say that You can spawncamp using a plane :good:

You failed to provide any evidence showing us problems that would occur when TO would be implemented, what You have did is just tell us some problems that are already in the game and are not there because of TO :good:

 

Nobody is denying spawncamping exists elsewhere. What has been said is that TO's qualities would make it uniquely vulnerable to spawncamping.

 

 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, warrior412 said:

I can read just is fine--I had to correct you on the ease of gathering 3000 SP (numerous people concur with what I said too).

And again:

People will find an easy way to get it, give them some time 

1 minute ago, warrior412 said:

Shown the proof, you say this. :facepalm:

Changed it to 3 on reddit, and I'm talking about what You have posted. Most of the comments don't talk clearly if someone likes the idea or not, most of them is "I don't see a problem with this" which is mostly neutral. And then by just looking at forum we can clearly find the same amount if not more comments negative about the idea.

3 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Nobody is denying spawncamping exists elsewhere. What has been said is that TO's qualities would make it uniquely vulnerable to spawncamping.

Spawncamping in TO and spawncamping in any other mode is the same. TO doesn't change a thing when it comes to spawncamping :good:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

And again:

People will find an easy way to get it, give them some time 

 

People succeeding and earning SP is part of gameplay. It's a non-event.

 

6 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Changed it to 3 on reddit, and I'm talking about what You have posted. Most of the comments don't talk clearly if someone likes the idea or not, most of them is "I don't see a problem with this" which is mostly neutral. And then by just looking at forum we can clearly find the same amount if not more comments negative about the idea.

 

I have already explained negativity bias. Beyond that, if you do not understand the sentiments in the comments...well, that's on you.

 

6 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Spawncamping in TO and spawncamping in any other mode is the same. TO doesn't change a thing when it comes to spawncamping :good:

 

If you believe that, you aren't seeing whole picture. You don't think there's a difference between a mode like RB GFs where spawncampers can be attacked by alternate means (aircraft) and a mode where no alternative exists (TO)?

Edited by warrior412
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

People succeeding and earning SP is part of gameplay. It's a non-event.

No one really looked at SP in order to get as much as they can in short period of time, then again:

People will find an easy way to get it, give them some time 

2 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

I have already explained negativity bias. Beyond that, if you do not understand the sentiments in the comments...well, that's on you.

There is no bias. People dislike the idea and that's eot

3 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

If you believe that, you aren't seeing whole picture. You don't think there's a difference between a mode like RB GFs where spawncampers can be attacked by alternate means (aircraft) and a mode where no alternative exists (TO)?

I don't have problems with spawncampers and when they occur I just destroy them with my tank. 

Planes can spawncamp too :good:

  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...