Best answer

A general reminder for all thread participants....

Insulting, inflammatory, off-topic and otherwise rule breaking content which does not contribute to the discussion will not be tolerated here.

Such comments can (and likely will) be met with warnings and possible posting time out if it persists. We get it's a hot topic. However, with that comes the responsibility of remaining respectful and constructive, regardless of your view on the matter.

>>> Take personal disputes of any type to private message, the forum is NOT the place for it.

54 minutes ago, Darkrocket14 said:

Thunderskill doesn´t show a single SPAAG with a plane kill/death ratio of above 1. Most are sitting at an abysmal 0.3-0.5. Even tanks that aren´t suited for tank hunting (e.g. M163, M16) have these low stats so you are wrong. Also, what statistics do you have to back you of?

There is no way in which Thunderskill tracks the exchangerate between SPAAGs and aircraft. 

If I have an SPAA with 20 air kills that has been killed 5 times by aircraft and 35 times by tanks, Thunderskill will spit out a 0.5 kd, while the kd against aircraft would be 4.0.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

32 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

You don’t see the relationship between a lack of interest from Gaijin and inaction from Gaijin? :facepalm:

Lack of understandment is not lack of interest :good:

32 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Then stop with the tangents and do it—I asked you about the new changes coming to RB GFs that cast extreme doubt on TO but you’ve refused to say anything about them.

The changes are not coming to all B.R. and are not so eaisly obtainable. In order to drop a nuke You have to start from the airfield and whole game gets a notification about it :good:, and it is not so easy to get 3k SP points 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Lack of understandment is not lack of interest :good:

I understand it perfectly—perhaps you don’t get what they said there.

3 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

The changes are not coming to all B.R. and are not so eaisly obtainable. In order to drop a nuke You have to start from the airfield and whole game gets a notification about it :good:, and it is not so easy to get 3k SP points 

These things do not indicate pursuit of TO is nearby.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

25 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

I understand it perfectly—perhaps you don’t get what they said there.

"Makes no sense from our point of view" read the last part for like a 1000 more times.

25 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

These things do not indicate pursuit of TO is nearby.

That is just what was going to happen after implementation of atomic bomb in AB. Trying to make something big out of it is just your own interpretation :good:

Funny enough, You should read what people on forum have to say about it 

Edited by ULQ_LOVER
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Makes no sense from our point of view" read the last part for like a 1000 more times.

Unnecessary—I understood it the first time I read it. If Gaijin doesn’t feel it makes sense, chances are it’s dead.

10 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

That is just what was going to happen after implementation of atomic bomb in AB. Trying to make something big out of it is just your own interpretation :good:

Funny enough, You should read what people on forum have to say about it 

Not really—it’s just looking at things logically to see this is yet another move away from the TO gearing people talk about.

As for the reaction to the change, it’s seemed to be quite positive—if only muted (given how absurdly costly it is).

On 07/03/2021 at 07:20, ULQ_LOVER said:

"Wanted to make another video about how close air support, CAS, is still way too powerful in War Thunder's ground realistic mode. Instead of rambling about it though, I just gathered some gameplay and threw this together. Hope it gets the point across. It's not meant to show how easy it is to get kills with stuff like the A-4E and G.91, moreso to show how easy it is to spawn these things in the first place. Here's hoping Gaijin changes the spawn point cost system."

The best part is it showcases how planes here fly like UFO's , which is why spaa is so bad, the lead indicator is useless and flicks around constantly because of the insane roll rates that would never be used inrl. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Unnecessary—I understood it the first time I read it. If Gaijin doesn’t feel it makes sense, chances are it’s dead.

Read it again, maybe You will get it.

Not really—it’s just looking at things logically to see this is yet another move away from the TO gearing people talk about.

Eh, no? Really You are just making things up at this point

As for the reaction to the change, it’s seemed to be quite positive—if only muted (given how absurdly costly it is).

Oh yes, so positive:

First comment 

positive.thumb.PNG.24115c67a4cbcf59dd80a

Then it is a long way to find a positive comment about it. Or maybe we should check a direct thread to it?

Oh ye, first one to say it is nice is a suggestion moderator :lol2:

So really, count maybe how many positive comments against negative it gets before writing so obviously wrong. 

(I couldn't find anyone saying that it is bad because of how much SP it requires :lol2: instead all people are talking about is how "stupid" of an idea it is) 

Edited by ULQ_LOVER
  • Upvote 1

On 06/03/2021 at 21:20, ULQ_LOVER said:

"Wanted to make another video about how close air support, CAS, is still way too powerful in War Thunder's ground realistic mode. Instead of rambling about it though, I just gathered some gameplay and threw this together. Hope it gets the point across. It's not meant to show how easy it is to get kills with stuff like the A-4E and G.91, moreso to show how easy it is to spawn these things in the first place. Here's hoping Gaijin changes the spawn point cost system."

Looks pretty much balanced. Most of those short clips are like:

1. He J's out of a tank: -100 spawn points wasted.

2. He spawns an AGM jet -700 spawn points

He's killing usually 2-3 ground units which are roughly worth 100 spawn points each.

So its pretty much obvious that the current implementation of CAS is very expensive and not really cost effective. Also keep in mind that Spookston never shows complete matches. He just shows heavily edited clips showing him killing stuff. You never see failures. So also take into account that there are matches where he J's out to spawn his AGM jet, but is shot down without killing stuff. Just because he's just presenting candy, it doesn't mean theres no salt.

• Upvote 2

Read it again, maybe You will get it.

I understand it already—it appears you do not though. I think you’ve mistaken things in the translation.

Eh, no? Really You are just making things up at this point

No, I simply understand which way the wind is blowing better than you do.

9 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Oh yes, so positive:

First comment 

positive.thumb.PNG.24115c67a4cbcf59dd80a

Then it is a long way to find a positive comment about it. Or maybe we should check a direct thread to it?

Oh ye, first one to say it is nice is a suggestion moderator :lol2:

So really, count maybe how many positive comments against negative it gets before writing so obviously wrong. 

(I couldn't find anyone saying that it is bad because of how much SP it requires :lol2: instead all people are talking about is how "stupid" of an idea it is) 

Eh, you’re just mistaken again. 

Negativity bias is well known to factor into these things and alter responses from what is the norm of the general population. Negative reactions to things like this tend to be overrepresented on the forums as compared to the general population.

Beyond that, many of the people complaining didn’t even know the difference between score points and spawn points—meaning their stated reactions may not reflect their actual feelings.

Amongst the informed, the reaction has generally been positive.

Just now, warrior412 said:

I understand it already—it appears you do not though. I think you’ve mistaken things in the translation.

Read it again 

No, I simply understand which way the wind is blowing better than you do.

Oh yes, because it is not normal that after testing things up and making the whole "atomic bomb" they want to implement it to other modes :016:

1 minute ago, warrior412 said:

Eh, you’re just mistaken again. 

Negativity bias is well known to factor into these things and alter responses from what is the norm of the general population. Negative reactions to things like this tend to be overrepresented on the forums as compared to the general population.

Beyond that, many of the people complaining didn’t even know the difference between score points and spawn points—meaning their stated reactions may not reflect their actual feelings.

Amongst the informed, the reaction has generally been positive.

Oh yes, I'm mistaken because general reaction was really bad and people don't want it. 

But to make it look like You want it to do, we will call all people that doesn't want it "biased" and all other people relevant :good:, got it boss.

I asked people from my squadron about it and reaction was same as most of the people, that this is not needed and shouldn't be implemented. 

12 minutes ago, Thodin said:

Looks pretty much balanced. Most of those short clips are like:

1. He J's out of a tank: -100 spawn points wasted.

2. He spawns an AGM jet -700 spawn points

He's killing usually 2-3 ground units which are roughly worth 100 spawn points each.

So its pretty much obvious that the current implementation of CAS is very expensive and not really cost effective. Also keep in mind that Spookston never shows complete matches. He just shows heavily edited clips showing him killing stuff. You never see failures. So also take into account that there are matches where he J's out to spawn his AGM jet, but is shot down without killing stuff. Just because he's just presenting candy, it doesn't mean theres no salt.

People are not talking about this in a way of SP and what is cost effective. They are talking about how effective a weapon can be.

While planes earn more SP than tanks, the most effective way to get as many SP as You can is to spawn in a light tank and spot some enemies/cap zones to then spawn in a plane :good:(I have tested it out)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

I asked people from my squadron about it and reaction was same as most of the people, that this is not needed and shouldn't be implemented. 

People are not talking about this in a way of SP and what is cost effective. They are talking about how effective a weapon can be.

A weapon which gets you bancrupt and forces you out of the match is not effective. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Thodin said:

A weapon which gets you bancrupt and forces you out of the match is not effective. 

Planes get much more SP, then again people are not looking at it in a way of earning SP but rather destroying enemies :good:

14 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Read it again

No need to—I already understand it fully.

Oh yes, I'm mistaken because general reaction was really bad and people don't want it. 

But to make it look like You want it to do, we will call all people that doesn't want it "biased" and all other people relevant :good:, got it boss.

You’re simply confusing people not understanding something with them actively opposing it.

People who are misinformed about something (as mistaking score points for spawn points shows) cannot have an informed stance because they do not understand the issue and are thus they are uninformed. They don’t have standing to say anything until they’re informed.

Most people feel the hurdles on the mechanic are so high it will not be seem much—so it’s not a big deal.

Groupthink of a tournament squadron matters little in the face of the general population.

Edited by warrior412
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

No need to—I already understand it fully.

And again

You’re simply confusing people not understanding something with them actively opposing it.

People who are misinformed about something (as mistaking score points for spawn points shows) cannot have an informed stance because they do not understand the issue and are thus they are uninformed. They don’t have standing to say anything until they’re informed.

Most people feel the hurdles on the mechanic are so high it will not be seem much—so it’s not a big deal.

How do You know that the person who I have posted comment of doesn't understand this things?

Groupthink of a tournament squadron matters little in the face of the general population.

Of people who understand game perfectly and know mostly everything about it :good:.

Funny enough You don't want to hear the opinion of general population (because they don't understand things) and people who understand things because they are not general population :016:

Edited by ULQ_LOVER
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

How do You know that the person who I have posted comment of doesn't understand this things?

They confused leaderboard score points and spawn points—a massive error (and reading fail).

I explained that already. :facepalm:

12 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Of people who understand game perfectly and know mostly everything about it :good:.

If your comments are representative, that’s not true. (You still think your personal setup is the normal standard for instance.)

Funny enough You don't want to hear the opinion of general population (because they don't understand things) and people who understand things because they are not general population :016:

I’m looking at what the informed say, which is the correct way to assess matters like this.

They confused leaderboard score points and spawn points—a massive error (and reading fail).

I explained that already. :facepalm:

Again, have all people who are not happy about it confused it? Does the person I have shown the screanshoot of comment confused it? If yes, then please show me where.

If your comments are representative, that’s not true. (You still think your personal setup is the normal standard for instance.)

If by being normal You mean that it is what games allow You to do then yes, it is.

2 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

I’m looking at what the informed say, which is the correct way to assess matters like this.

You are looking at what suits Your agenda :good:

20 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Again, have all people who are not happy about it confused it? Does the person I have shown the screanshoot of comment confused it? If yes, then please show me where.

Numerous people confused the two types of points—take a look. The guy whose comment you cited gave no reasoning for his comment, so at most it is his personal taste. 

Considering that the hurdles are so high, adding it won’t really matter since it be nearly impossible to obtain anyway.

If by being normal You mean that it is what games allow You to do then yes, it is.

Not everyone can choose to use ULQ to manipulate its qualities (100+ FPS shows you don’t need it), some must use it because that’s all they can use for even marginal performance.

We’ve been over this distinction before but you still don’t understand it—and I really have no interest in saying anything more about that tangent

You are looking at what suits Your agenda :good:

Not at all—while you may do that, I’m above that.

I’m simply looking at what the informed people say, as any other fair-minded, objective person like myself interested in the truth would.

My only agenda is speaking the truth. That’s all I have done and I continue to do it.:good:

Edited by warrior412

5 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Numerous people confused the two types of points—take a look. The guy whose comment you cited gave no reasoning for his comment, so at most it is his personal taste. 

Considering that the hurdles are so high, adding it won’t really matter since it be nearly impossible to obtain anyway.

He just said what he feels about the idea, he doesn't need to explain how it works to show everyone that he understands it and then tell how it feels about the idea.

If You don't have any proof whatsoever I can fairly say that overall opinion was rather not nice about the idea of nuke in RB 

6 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Not everyone can choose to use ULQ to manipulate its qualities (100+ FPS shows you don’t need it), some must use it because that’s all they can use for even marginal performance.

We’ve been over this distinction before but you still don’t understand it—and I really have no interest in saying anything more about that tangent

If games allow You to do something then it is normal EOT. 

7 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Not at all—while you may do that, I’m above that.

I’m simply looking at what the informed people say, as any other fair-minded, objective person like myself interested in the truth would.

My only agenda is speaking the truth. That’s all I have done and I continue to do it.:good:

And You are only saying that "informed" people are thoese who say the same things as You do, others from Your point of view don't understand some things (funny enough they haven't even mentioned it to tell that they don't understand it).

The truth would be that general population doesn't like the idea :good:

12 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

He just said what he feels about the idea, he doesn't need to explain how it works to show everyone that he understands it and then tell how it feels about the idea.

Eh, no—that’s not how it works.

If someone gives no reason or is uninformed, their comment is near meaningless as compared to an informed person’s comments.

If You don't have any proof whatsoever I can fairly say that overall opinion was rather not nice about the idea of nuke in RB 

Again, not how it works. You’re just seeing what you want to see, not what’s actually there.

The reception to the nukes has been positive but muted because the mechanic basically doesn’t matter—the hurdles are so high it’ll be utterly rare.

16 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

If games allow You to do something then it is normal EOT. 

Nope—you just don’t understand it I guess or maybe you would rather it not be known.

17 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

And You are only saying that "informed" people are thoese who say the same things as You do, others from Your point of view don't understand some things (funny enough they haven't even mentioned it to tell that they don't understand it).

Incorrect. While you may only consider things that fit your agenda, I’m above all that—I look at the relevant people no matter what they have to say.

The informed people happen to concur with me because they’re informed—you shouldn’t deride them for being knowledgeable and understanding things. (One day you’ll understand it and agree too.)

The truth would be that general population doesn't like the idea :good:

False.

The game is moving that direction because the general population likes it. 

Eh, no—that’s not how it works.

If someone gives no reason or is uninformed, their comment is near meaningless as compared to an informed person’s comments.

Anyone can tell if he likes the idea or not and You need to take it into consideration because he is a player of WT. 

Again, not how it works. You’re just seeing what you want to see, not what’s actually there.

The reception to the nukes has been positive but muted because the mechanic basically doesn’t matter—the hurdles are so high it’ll be utterly rare.

Again, this is not what have happened. 

People don't want nukes in Ground RB and anyone can see that by looking at threads about it. 

Nope—you just don’t understand it I guess or maybe you would rather it not be known.

If games allows You to do something, then it is normal EOT.

Incorrect. While you may only consider things that fit your agenda, I’m above all that—I look at the relevant people no matter what they have to say.

The informed people happen to concur with me because they’re informed—you shouldn’t deride them for being knowledgeable and understanding things. (One day you’ll understand it and agree too.

I just looked up comments in thread about nuke and was overwhelmed by negative comments about it. 

Informed people that I have talked with said the same thing as people who You call uninformed :good:

And please show comments of this "informed people" You are talking about :good:

False.

The game is moving that direction because the general population likes it. 

False

Gaijin is adding nukes to RB because they have already made that thing and implemented it in AB :good:

Edited by ULQ_LOVER
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

I just looked up comments in thread about nuke and was overwhelmed by negative comments about it. 

Nope, not how it is. People looking can see for themselves that that is not true.

4 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

False

Gaijin is adding nukes to RB because they have already made that thing and implemented it in AB :good:

...because demand is pushing for it. :facepalm:

Nope, not how it is. People looking can see for themselves that that is not true.

It is true and everyone can see it no matter how many times You will repeat "that is not true"

General population doesn't like the idea.

...because demand is pushing for it. :facepalm:

Maybe because Gaijin wants to use something that they have already made?

7 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

It is true and everyone can see it no matter how many times You will repeat "that is not true"

General population doesn't like the idea.

Eh, you’re just trying to push your agenda my misrepresenting what’s been said about the idea.

As it stands, the reaction has been accepting of the idea—partially because most people recognize the requirements are such hurdles they make it a joke.

If you look at what has been written, most people who understand what the 3000 SP refers to understand it’s near unattainable.

9 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

Maybe because Gaijin wants to use something that they have already made?

...and the mechanic was made in response to demand.

It’s having to explain things very slowly and thoroughly like this to you in detail that bloats the thread. :facepalm:

Eh, you’re just trying to push your agenda my misrepresenting what’s been said about the idea.

As it stands, the reaction has been accepting of the idea—partially because most people recognize the requirements are such hurdles they make it a joke.

If you look at what has been written, most people who understand what the 3000 SP refers to understand it’s near unattainable.

I'm pushing the agenda because I look at overall reaction?

As for requirements for something that ends the battle at instant it is enough if not too little

...and the mechanic was made in response to demand.

It’s having to explain things very slowly and thoroughly like this to you in detail that bloats the thread. :facepalm:

And where is this demand? Because the only think I can remeber is people wanting atomic bombs were people from air battles :good:

I'm pushing the agenda because I look at overall reaction?

You haven’t looked at it if you’re claiming what you have.

As for requirements for something that ends the battle at instant it is enough if not too little

Utter nonsense. 3000 SP is barely attainable before a battle ends—there isn’t much left to be done by that point anyway.

You’re just advocating against fairness for aircraft by demanding these (already) ridiculous costs be raised.

And where is this demand?

Ask Gaijin.

Because the only think I can remeber is people wanting atomic bombs were people from air battles :good:

Not likely—especially with the Soviets’ “atomic” tanks.

Edited by warrior412