Best answer

A general reminder for all thread participants....

Insulting, inflammatory, off-topic and otherwise rule breaking content which does not contribute to the discussion will not be tolerated here.

Such comments can (and likely will) be met with warnings and possible posting time out if it persists. We get it's a hot topic. However, with that comes the responsibility of remaining respectful and constructive, regardless of your view on the matter.

>>> Take personal disputes of any type to private message, the forum is NOT the place for it.

As @warrior412 has refused to stop with his tangents, I'll just spoiler the responses I lay out to him:

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

The data was provided and talked about at the time--obviously you didn't read carefully enough to see it. :facepalm:

Yes, and people told You all You needed to know and You still refuse to admit anything that doesn't fit Your agenda :good:

4 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Many players only play Germany. Beyond that, there's no assumption in seeing that good use correlated to good results and that there is a variation in player quality between nations:

YBdGqco.png

The standards of this comparison weren't even set by me, as shown, so don't complain to me about the proof it shows.

Do You have exact numbers or You are just assuming things again?

And why are You bringing stats that were already explained to You by me and Gaijin that it has to do with what the team is facing.

5 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Yeah...that's inconsistent standards--cherrypicking. :facepalm:

I have no incosistent standards, all I say is being supported by my own screanshoots and unbiased films.

6 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

I don't want to be mean about this but:

• You're not a major YouTuber and not a lot of people see your videos, so few know about them
  • You post tons of screenshots depicting ULQ and little else--again making those other things hard to pick out

Again: not trying to mean and there's no lying there...it's just how it is. You've overestimating how much people know about you.

You have seen my channel in other topics and now You are acting so suprised about it?

You have seen my screanshoots of other graphics settings and used a strong word "always"?

6 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Actually you can do so with a variety of vehicles in any mode except the air modes.

Oh tell me in which mode I can play without aircrafts in the game. I would like to know where I can use my tanks and face tanks only :good:

7 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

I have not lied about anything.

"When you post screenshots, they're always in ULQ."

8 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

I have not lied nor have I derailed the thread--those are just fake claims accusing me of what others are guilty of. I have invited to PM me so that I may help you understand things, but I have no need to talk with you otherwise.

As proven, you have lied, again. 

I have invited You to PMs too where I have explain to You basics of the game and why using tank vs tank stats in comparing planes to aircrafts is a bad idea :good:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

20 hours ago, warrior412 said:

If you meant me you've missed the mark pretty badly--7.X stuff is not Tier III stuff. :016:Maybe you and I can discuss it in a cruise of M46s, eh?

Pretty much says it all here. Haven't used a M46 in a long time. Mind you I don't hang back in low tiers to beat up newbies coming into the game to look good ;)

warrior2.JPG

• Confused 3

34 minutes ago, barial said:

Pretty much says it all here. Haven't used a M46 in a long time. Mind you I don't hang back in low tiers to beat up newbies coming into the game to look good ;)

warrior2.JPG

Ah yes: to play 7.X stuff is to “beat up” on new people. :016:

Interest in TO has now waned so much that even its supporters don’t care to talk about it anymore. The idea’s finished.

Edited by warrior412
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, warrior412 said:

Ah yes: to play 7.X stuff is to “beat up” on new people. :016:

Interest in TO has now waned so much that even its supporters don’t care to talk about it anymore. The idea’s finished.

Don't much care as it is only a game. Not one to take this stuff as real and actually think being good at it actually means something in the real world. Reality isn't an issue for me, I don't actually think some how that this game makes some kind of difference in the real world. Just people blowing smoke and no one really cares hahahahahahaha. Get a life.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

49 minutes ago, barial said:

Don't much care as it is only a game. Not one to take this stuff as real and actually think being good at it actually means something in the real world. Reality isn't an issue for me, I don't actually think some how that this game makes some kind of difference in the real world. Just people blowing smoke and no one really cares hahahahahahaha. Get a life.

Has a dig about "muahaha low tier".

Gets schooled.

"It's just a game, I don't care".

As if anyone thinks otherwise.

Deflection noted.

TO discussion wanes.... Goes out with a whimper.

Thankfully the TO Event guys actually did something pro-active and got s Suggestion through without Gaijin's BS detector dumping all the supposed "great TO ideas that get hidden by nasty Plane Loving Gaijin".

:popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, warrior412 said:

It is not because you want something that it becomes true...and it is not by repeating it that others think it is true...

The idea is alive and well...as you yourself just proved by discussing something about it for several days...even if an odd discussion...

Someday i will get why you try so hard to kill it...

29 minutes ago, Deranger79 said:

Thankfully the TO Event guys actually did something pro-active and got s Suggestion through without Gaijin's BS detector dumping all the supposed "great TO ideas that get hidden by nasty Plane Loving Gaijin".

And as said...lets see if we can get an event out of this...i expect it to be fun to play...

(Curious on how warrior is going to spin this as a negative thing...3...2...1...)

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/352766-event-options-for-tankers-to-play-without-aircraft/page/6/

Edited by [email protected]
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

The idea is alive and well...as you yourself just proved by discussing something about it for several days...even if an odd discussion...

Idea is not alive.They only start talking about it when new event comes and people get stomped by planes in ground RB.95% of his thread are rants and idea as itself has a few people that can back it up how it would work.If they were more persistent at some point we would get it but there is a low hope it will be introduced in the future.They don't have numbers to justify new game mode.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

It is not because you want something that it becomes true...and it is not by repeating it that others think it is true...

I said that only because it appears to be the case--the people who say they want TO would rather talk about me than TO...so it seems like their interest in TO is gone.

As for me, I've tried to advance the discussion of TO by focusing the thread on it (rather than myself) and also encouraging a new, neutral discussion with my posts between matches.

7 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

And as said...lets see if we can get an event out of this...i expect it to be fun to play...

(Curious on how warrior is going to spin this as a negative thing...3...2...1...)

I've commended the event effort and pointed it out to people here. Their apparent disinterest is what I was referring to in pointing out what I did.

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

t is not because you want something that it becomes true...and it is not by repeating it that others think it is true...

Some day you will work out that I've never tried to kill it. As much as I respect your input the fact you follow this narrative of criticising certain actions within this topic as being against does you a disservice. You seem to ignore the visibly toxic side from the TO advocates that take that particular route, I have no idea if intentional or not but either way lack of acknowledgment is as good as supporting it.

If you agree with the TT leetist rant by bariel then good luck to you. I'm "against" that, not TO. And I don't need TO, so sorry if I'm not constantly getting behind the topic. Nuanced views are fine in my book, it really isn't my fault people prefer their Tribal extremes; I know you have a more level headed view.

But it appears at this stage nuance is lost, and yes the TO topic wanes. You deny the TO Event topic has not made more progress, and in my mind made better for less focus on the anti-pilot element? You even stated as such.

But if you wish to believe this BS narrative about intent then good luck to you.

39 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/352766-event-options-for-tankers-to-play-without-aircraft/page/6/

We? The author of the TO Event topic gets a lot more respect than this attempt at change. Maybe this infatuation people have with warrior, which you just brought up again, is the problem.

You don't have to agree, but we've been down this route so many times I'm not going to waste pointing out the obvious. Some get to discuss, others in this thread are not allowed. That's fine.

Good luck with your TT leetist barial, I'm sure it will help promote Gaijin to reconsider...

Edited by Deranger79
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deranger79 said:

Some day you will work out that I've never tried to kill it.

I missed something...i was talking to warrior...and i am pretty sure HE tried to kill it (he says so himself several times on each page). I never though or claimed you did...

I just want to play TANK ONLY a bit to see how it goes...it sounds FUN. I will keep playing Combined Arms as i think it is fun TOO. Hell...i think i even PREFER combined arms (important note...i dont feel the UNBALANCE that some say appears at higher tiers).

1 hour ago, Deranger79 said:

We? The author of the TO Event topic gets a lot more respect than this attempt at change.

By "WE" i meant the PLAYERS of WT. Never meant to imply any participation in anything.

WE (players of WT) will hopefully get to play an EVENT were we can play with TEAMS OF TANKS vs other teams of tanks AS A VARIATION and SOMEWHAT MORE REALISTIC scenario...if done right (BRs, maps, rewards) it can be fun for a while...i even HOPE it will become REGULAR. I defended such event HERE a few times...

Other than that...i think the FORUM has space for a TO MODE discussion...and this topic can keep it...i am not even 100% sure TO is a good thing...but i am 100% sure it is a good thing TO DISCUSS.

My PERSONAL gripe is more with some players "not so clear" arguments...i have NOTHING against people who disagree with me as long as they are honest about it...(as i try to be).

AND TO BE CLEAR...i never meant ANY comment directly to you...not sure why you seem to think otherwise. Sorry in advance if it felt that way.

I have NOTHING against people who are AGAINST TO...(Arium for instance does it clearly and honestly). I have some issues when someone claims things that are not so clear...but i dont claim to be owner of the truth...i may be wrong...sure it happened a lot before.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, [email protected] said:
2 hours ago, Deranger79 said:

Some day you will work out that I've never tried to kill it.

I missed something...i was talking to warrior...and i am pretty sure HE tried to kill it (he says so himself several times on each page). I never though or claimed you did...

My apologies, I am on the fly at work and misread the quote (the way they updated the forum in how it shows responses). My bad, the reply would have been in the context you had directed that at myself.... And thanks for the correction.

No, it was totally my fault. Though any criticism I really hold is directed at those pushing the anti-pilot style directions, and you very much tried to steer the conversation as we can see at the top of this page. I'm too used to sarcastic or derogatory comments and in misreading felt you had slipped into that same mode. Again, I got that wrong and my reply can be taken as such.... Though I still got the wrong end of the stick :018:

• Like 1

On 17/02/2021 at 09:45, warrior412 said:

If you think this about open tops as a whole, you probably just need to reevaluate your own usage and ask someone who’s fared better with them to assist you. (You can PM me for more detailed advice for vehicles if you’d like.)

why your stats are horrible

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, croatiankiller said:

Idea is not alive.They only start talking about it when new event comes and people get stomped by planes in ground RB.95% of his thread are rants and idea as itself has a few people that can back it up how it would work.If they were more persistent at some point we would get it but there is a low hope it will be introduced in the future.They don't have numbers to justify new game mode.

Can you do anything other than project your insecurities in this thread? It's getting a bit lame.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daffan said:

why your stats are horrible

Yeah...going ~2:1 or better and winning more often than not is not “horrible”I wasn’t even the one howling about how bad things are.

Statistics like that are publicly visible, so I’m not sure why you choose to lie about them like this—or why you guys are so desperate to talk about me, as @Deranger79 observes. 

Don’t you want to talk about TO? That’s what this topic about, not I.

1 hour ago, fruchtgummikeks said:

but thats just because the "autokill_enemy_in_range_cancerwind" cheats prevent him from getting any kills with his "requires_a_pro_player_to_do_good_with_p47" ^^

You guys endlessly howl about aircraft attacks—no matter how skillful and want a new mode to be away from them—but random spraying and praying and the resultant kills had from weak aircraft DMs strike you as totally respectable! Sure. That’s the double standard of anti-aircraft bias I suppose.

Would you guys like to talk about TO now or are you just going to keep insisting on talking about me? You’re off-topic with all this pointless chatter fixating yourselves on me—wait for the biopic.

Edited by warrior412
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Deranger79 said:

Good luck with your TT leetist barial, I'm sure it will help promote Gaijin to reconsider...

Guess some how my point was missed. I just have an opinion, that to have a complete understanding of an issue, one should at least have some experience with it? I have no more hope of my opinion on this topic influencing Gaijin then anyone else's. I am not narcissistic enough ( OK a little) that I need this topic to be about me, as some do. To be honest, I am just a part time WT user, enjoy the tank end of the game, only fly enough so I have some opinion of it ( I am terrible at it). Back when there was some form of balance between air/ground, no issues (6 yrs ago) it was tolerable being mixed. If it stops being fun, I'll quit, can it get better, yes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, croatiankiller said:

Can you do anything for this thread instead of trying to prove what kind of TO supporters are?It's getting a bit lame too.

Why? To appease the know-it-alls who don't even want the mode? Gaijin is clearly aware enough to mention it multiple times and focus test it. The machine is moving. Having put in a relatively simple suggestion before and having it take 1.5 years to be passed to the developers means I'd rather fall back on my patience than put in effort that is in no way guaranteed to add anything to the situation. For better or worse gaijin is clearly far enough along the process that the ball is solidly in their court.

You know the saying patience is a virtue? There's no more point in screaming up the wall of gaijin than there is trying to convince the people like you who've made up their mind already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milki30 said:

Why? To appease the know-it-alls who don't even want the mode? Gaijin is clearly aware enough to mention it multiple times and focus test it. The machine is moving. Having put in a relatively simple suggestion before and having it take 1.5 years to be passed to the developers means I'd rather fall back on my patience than put in effort that is in no way guaranteed to add anything to the situation.

If you not gonna support or give ideas then what is your point being here?Gaijin clearly said there will be no TO mode and you can find it in last Q&A in 2020 if I'm right.Only thing that was passed for consideration was a event and tbh something that's being passed doesn't mean it will ever come gaijin just gives you a bone.You clearly gave up and I'm not suprised.

1 hour ago, milki30 said:

You know the saying patience is a virtue? There's no more point in screaming up the wall of gaijin than there is trying to convince the people like you who've made up their mind already.

And what happened in 2 years?What kind of progress except one event during weekend?

You don't have to scream but if you gave up at least admit that.Only person trying to push something is @warrior412 so far and yet you somekind of TO supporter you put ZERO energy and effort in this.Just because people like you this will never happen.I admitted that long ago but you probably either do not understand or you do not care anymore.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, croatiankiller said:

Gaijin clearly said there will be no TO mode and you can find it in last Q&A in 2020 if I'm right.

They said that they don't understand why players want it, not that it will never happen :good:

19 minutes ago, croatiankiller said:

If you not gonna support or give ideas then what is your point being here?Gaijin clearly said there will be no TO mode and you can find it in last Q&A in 2020 if I'm right.Only thing that was passed for consideration was a event and tbh something that's being passed doesn't mean it will ever come gaijin just gives you a bone.You clearly gave up and I'm not suprised.

And what happened in 2 years?What kind of progress except one event during weekend?

You don't have to scream but if you gave up at least admit that.Only person trying to push something is @warrior412 so far and yet you somekind of TO supporter you put ZERO energy and effort in this.Just because people like you this will never happen.I admitted that long ago but you probably either do not understand or you do not care anymore.

@warrior412 is just trying to hijack this thread because it gives him the biggest possible audience to get his ideas some momentum. He's pushing because he ahs to.

Gaijin's never been a very transparant company. But we can tell from their past conduct that limited time events are always used to test something or gauge appeal. Multiturret, modern vehicles, helicopters and many other things have seen a first iteration in an event of some kind, at some point. That 1 event is more than any other mode suggested on the forums or elsewhere has ever gotten. From that we can tell with certainty that even if gaijin said it wasn't going to be part of the game, it's at the very least on their minds on some level and therefore within the realms of possibility to be implemented.

That means not doing anything isn't defeatism. It isn't interest in TO disappearing. It's saving energy for things that actually lead somewhere. Because from the player/forumite side of things there's nothing to be done for TO. It's on the table by virtue of gaijin saying it isn't.

The reason I'm still somewhat active in this thread? Because every now and then someone shows up who you can have an actual conversation with, and other times because stupid takes like yours and warriors need a countervoice.

Edited by milki30
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Tanks only is a feature and adding features should attract people not turn away.  Who wants a game with just a few features? 

Combined arms in War Thunder works until top tier.  Then the game play suffers.   Lower tiers, you have a chance in your tank. A good feature of the Sherman's is the Browning machine gun can shoot down a plane.  Everyone has some play involved so it feels fair.  

Jump into top tier, tank guns hitting a jet is possible, but not practical.  If you give your position away, tanks with thermals will smoke you. So jets speed almost guarantees that tanks themselves are sitting ducks.  Add missiles and thermals for the aircraft, then you have fish in a barrel.  

The only counter is someone spawning in SPAA or aircraft.  So if no one spawned, someone has to "j" out and get a silver lions penalty.  

What adds salt to the wound is the very poorly implemented killcam and spawn CAS revenge.  I can say a fun game turns into a painfully irritating experience.  

• Upvote 2
medal medal

8 hours ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

They said that they don't understand why players want it, not that it will never happen :good:

They didn't say that they don't understand why players want it as you can see from photo.

7 hours ago, milki30 said:

@warrior412 is just trying to hijack this thread because it gives him the biggest possible audience to get his ideas some momentum. He's pushing because he ahs to.

At the end of the day he is at least doing something and most but not all things he says have some logic inside the game.You just keep being more less a troll as you give no energy or any effort in this.

That means not doing anything isn't defeatism. It isn't interest in TO disappearing. It's saving energy for things that actually lead somewhere. Because from the player/forumite side of things there's nothing to be done for TO. It's on the table by virtue of gaijin saying it isn't.

And you all gonna sit in the corner and wait for gaijin first move?You either do no understand why TO is not a thing or you are delusional.The idea is rejected because nobody dived into it and tried to make some kind of concept how it will work without BR and repair changes.It's even above BR and repair changes but I think 2-3 persons actually decided to talk about it.Everything else TO supporters outright rejected on the beginning.If something fails you modify that idea and try again you do not wait to be called by someone.There is lots of things to be done but nobody has a grip to cope with it.

The reason I'm still somewhat active in this thread? Because every now and then someone shows up who you can have an actual conversation with, and other times because stupid takes like yours and warriors need a countervoice.

Our takes may be stupid but think about yours?Is your goal here to do something about TO or you just want to satisfy your daily argue metter?

Screenshot_5.png

Edited by croatiankiller
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, croatiankiller said:

And you all gonna sit in the corner and wait for gaijin first move?

Our takes may be stupid but think about yours?Is your goal here to do something about TO or you just want to satisfy your daily argue metter?

Screenshot_5.png

It's not gaijin's first move. You literally just showed a pic belwo that saying "so adding another type of ground battle on a permanent basis makes no sense from our point of view" Which is a stark contrast from the "no" we used to receive. It's already opened up the possibility for a temporary mode, like EC, which if proven popular enough might become its own mode, because their pov can be changed. They are clearly aware and actively thinking about it to the point where a single forum post is not even a drop in the bucket anymore.

So again, I'm not doing anything, because nothing needs to be done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, croatiankiller said:

They didn't say that they don't understand why players want it as you can see from photo.

"Makes no sense from our point of wiev" = "We don't understand why players want it"