SilkMonger

Can we get a ground only mode?

2 hours ago, barial said:

Just for information sake, there has only been one other  thread in RB> ground battle, in 2 years, that generated as many responses as this thread, which is also air related and now a pinned topic to this forum. Mind you it is about air power against tanks, which seems a popular means of entertainment these days. You would have no basis for even stated sizable as you have no real stats to support that, which a poll might help you have. Not sure if you were sent here to quieten the natives and fight fire or just to blow smoke?

GJ does seem to "PIN" topics when they get that size so why not pin this one? Why not give it the same status you gave Close Air Support in Ground RB.

We all know why. It doesn’t fit their narrative. I read it in the answers we are getting from said devs. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
medal

1 hour ago, *KnightsCross20 said:

We all know why. It doesn’t fit their narrative. I read it in the answers we are getting from said devs. 

Exactly. Without community wide poll there is very large "what if " area which is visible in over hunder pages of this thread. Maybe TO support is much bigger that they expect and we know they don't wont to venture into TO. Thus not willing to make a community wide poll because that would publicly show players opinion on that matter.

Edited by KH_Alan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

While I would consider a ground only mode the bestest christmas gift ever ain't holding my breath waiting for it, half the kamikaze kiddies still haven't clued to the fact playing lawn dart is a waste of time. I get cruise missiled at least once a game. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/02/2019 at 22:49, Old_Tanker said:

Folks, I think this topic has about run it's course. While I'm truly on the side of the pro-TO argument, I think we've gotten a clear and definite response now from Gaijin regarding this. It's been a long and hard fought debate, but sometimes it's better just to admit it's over, and seek another avenue of approach. It's obvious that any type of official poll will not be happening, which most likely means a TO mode or test will not either. The way I see it there's no further sense in arguing the same points over and over again, phrasing them in different ways. Going any further with this would seem to me to only be creating animosity among ourselves, and to no positive end.

If we push the subject long enough and allow it to grow, gaijin would either have to reconsider it or atleast give a better answer than "its not popular because we say so" and admit the real reasons for why it won't be a thing. Just giving up because one representative says no is not the way to go.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

21 hours ago, SpankdaMonkey said:

While I would consider a ground only mode the bestest christmas gift ever ain't holding my breath waiting for it, half the kamikaze kiddies still haven't clued to the fact playing lawn dart is a waste of time. I get cruise missiled at least once a game. 

That manned missile thing is just another GJ gift to air. Why they think bombs can arm in that situation is just the usual GJ not knowing or caring about reality. Bunch of 12 year olds bent on arcade play rather then game play. TO would eliminate so much BS from tank battles and make players use vehicles as designed instead of weapons of revenge.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I wouldn't mind a pool to see the community opinion.

I'm getting tired of 16x ATGM on heli's, this is just insane i can't do anything when they are here, but this must be my fault hun ? I must just be a n0ob that don't know how to play to complain like this ! I really wonder what the majority of players think of this...

edit: Lol the word n0ob when write correctly change to "Ace"

Edited by igigor646_BeFr
Ace
medal

On 13/02/2019 at 19:06, barial said:

That manned missile thing is just another GJ gift to air. Why they think bombs can arm in that situation is just the usual GJ not knowing or caring about reality. Bunch of 12 year olds bent on arcade play rather then game play. TO would eliminate so much BS from tank battles and make players use vehicles as designed instead of weapons of revenge.

No, nerfs to planes and choppers will fix nothing. 

Giving them more stuff to do in the mode than just killing players and giving them incentives to go kill the alternate targets instead of players would do much better. 

Even better still would be separating the bomb, rocket, and torpedo models between modes, so nerfs meant for one don’t bleed over into another where the problem the nerf is meant to fix doesn’t even exist. All the tankers’ pet bomb nerfs have utterly destroyed CAS in Air RB save for a small handful of planes using boatloads of Hydra/SNEB rockets.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

A tank-only mode would help in balancing the combined arms battle, because pilots (fixed and rotary) have their own place to play, as should the tankers should have, until such time as there is a balance.  Once everyone else has somewhere else to play then the devs can tell what is/isn't balanced by who is playing in CAS.  (No helicopters, as an example, would show that the current balance did not favor helicopter pilots)  Removing restrictions from everyone would make it such that if everyone would play what they enjoyed and profited them.  Rewards in all the individual arenas should be less than rewards in CAS, but still enough for spading vehicles, and equal such that the average player in each should have about the same ability to research and spade their vehicles, as well as purchase new mods/vehicles when researched.

The CAS arena can't really be balanced while tankers have nowhere else to play.  By forcing them, their complaints can be ignored.  Give them somewhere else to play, and the don't need to complain anymore, they can just play somewhere else.  If CAS starts to suck because there aren't any tanks to shoot, then the devs could look into what could be done to sweeten things for the tankers.  (No complaining needed!)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Ok so if we cant have a Tank only mode, How about Gaijin lets us spawn our Spaa into Air RB and allow us to quickly traverse the map and spam AAA all over the place.

We could one shot planes all day especially when they get close to one of the objectives in their battles.

Of course we would start in a planes and as soon as the game starts deliberately crash and spawn into Spaa. 

Of course this would ruin the experience of people who want Air only battles. 

This would be against them having Fun!!! 

Im sure if the shoe was on the other foot "pilots" would not complain about having there favourite game mode ruined by another type of vehicle..

We could use the RP and silver lions to help grind out our tanks everyone would be happy as Pilots would never be hypocritical Im sure, 

As "most" (99%) of players want this mixed battle play according to some responses ive read on this post

So Gaijin How about it huh let us spawn our Spaa in Air RB SB

Thanks in advance.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Aussie_oi_oi_oi said:

Ok so if we cant have a Tank only mode, How about Gaijin lets us spawn our Spaa into Air RB and allow us to quickly traverse the map and spam AAA all over the place.

This idea has been brought up several times and has been the source of some laughter just as many times. Here is why:

RB AFs maps are far larger and often less passable for ground vehicles than RB GFs maps. The best SPAAs could hope for is a chance of engaging a target—there’s no guarantee they will actually get it. If the enemy is miles in the distance and flying away, an attempt at pursuit is pointless.

As it is, I’m not sure how you think this could possibly work anyway. Tankers barely use SPAAs as SPAAs in RB GFs—why would that change for this?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, warrior412 said:

This idea has been brought up several times and has been the source of some laughter just as many times. Here is why:

RB AFs maps are far larger and often less passable for ground vehicles than RB GFs maps. The best SPAAs could hope for is a chance of engaging a target—there’s no guarantee they will actually get it. If the enemy is miles in the distance and flying away, an attempt at pursuit is pointless.

As it is, I’m not sure how you think this could possibly work anyway. Tankers barely use SPAAs as SPAAs in RB GFs—why would that change for this?

Have the Player Tank spawn points in the clusters of AI grounf units. 

Then SPAAG will go after the attack planes from the enemy team. 

Also since players will technically be left after the last enemy plane dies, it would end up making bombers and attackers worth something in Air RB which they are currently anything but.

3 minutes ago, MH4UAstragon said:

Exactly....

10 hours ago, warrior412 said:

They would if they knew what their objective was. Going in to just kill planes? Yeah, they would do it. 

medal

30 minutes ago, MH4UAstragon said:

Then SPAAG will go after the attack planes from the enemy team. 

Also since players will technically be left after the last enemy plane dies, it would end up making bombers and attackers worth something in Air RB which they are currently anything but.

26 minutes ago, *KnightsCross20 said:

Exactly....

They would if they knew what their objective was. Going in to just kill planes? Yeah, they would do it. 

It sounds vaguely reminiscent of the idea I've had in mind (but still never written out here) that would basically put a tank battle or two within an air battle (the tanks fight over the ground objective(s) while the aircraft duke it out overhead independently).

The main problem with the idea as proposed (and assuming it was dropped in, say, tomorrow) is that the distance to travel for an SPAA would be quite ungodly while its reach and speed would be insufficient to deal with anyone but the most cooperative adversary. If the fight is a high altitude one off in the distance...good luck, you'd best enjoy the view because that's about all you'll get.

Without any changes, the idea of SPAAs in RB AFs has no serious viability.

Edited by warrior412
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, warrior412 said:

It sounds vaguely reminiscent of the idea I've had in mind (but still never written out here) that would basically put a tank battle or two within an air battle (the tanks fight over the ground objective(s) while the aircraft duke it out overhead independently).

The main problem with the idea as proposed (and assuming it was dropped in, say, tomorrow) is that the distance to travel for an SPAA would be quite ungodly while its reach and speed would be insufficient to deal with anyone but the most cooperative adversary. If the fight is a high altitude one off in the distance...good luck, you'd best enjoy the view because that's about all you'll get.

Without any changes, the idea of SPAAs in RB AFs has no serious viability.

Not necessarily, SPAAG would spawn among your side’s AI Ground Units, as would other player-controlled tanks. Not nearly as ungodly as you propose on quite a few maps, though some would be more reasonable than others. All of the ported over RB GF maps would be the perfect place to test such mechanics, where distances to travel are not so extreme. 

AI Gremlin Script would be removed, and instead players would be expected to shoot and kill enemy AI Ground Units.

I have about zero interest in spawning into an air battle.  I started this thread because I felt like I was spawning into an air battle despite the "Realistic Tank Battle" name.  About the last thing I want to do with my ground vehicles is to get carpet bombed with metric tons of TNT.

I would think it could be interesting to have tankers and pilots queue and spawn separately into Realistic Tank Battles, (all tanks or all planes in the preset) but I'd also be willing to bet the queue would be a lot longer for pilots than for tankers.

I still call for a ground vehicle only play mode to be added, and suggest it start with all the same maps & modes as the current RTB mode, minus the airplane spawns.  At the same time, (not before!) take the restrictions and nerfs off the aircraft in the current RTB mode, and let's see what happens. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, SilkMonger said:

I have about zero interest in spawning into an air battle.  I started this thread because I felt like I was spawning into an air battle despite the "Realistic Tank Battle" name.  About the last thing I want to do with my ground vehicles is to get carpet bombed with metric tons of TNT.

Even if most of the planes would be pre-occupied with each other for most of the match and the few going near you will be almost instantly shot down by player SPAAG or fighters? 

You’d effectively have your TO mode without needing to make an entirely separate mode that further divides the playerbase. Planes would preferentially go for the much easier to kill AI targets, especially if the AI and player ground kills offer identical rewards, while player tanks would be duking it out on the ground and shooting enemy AI fortifications/AI tanks when not immediately engaging someone.

Everyone’s more or less happier than now, no capture zones artificially stuffing a hundred tanks into a fish bowl.

I dindn't find anything in the "suggestions" sub-forum, its wouldn't be against the rule to make one even if this subject is well known ?

I really want to see a pool.

medal

I found a way to have fun in Tank RB. 

First you need to spawn in something that costs 90 points, then get an assist and jump into a plane. (can be kill, but assist is enough)118180588_shot2019_02_2400_04_55.thumb.j

I even killed SPAA that was standing in water with 10kg bomb

Spoiler

1644300445_shot2019_02_2400_43_07.thumb.

Edited by ULQ_LOVER

On 22/02/2019 at 02:20, warrior412 said:

The AIr RB maps are scaled very differently to the ground RB maps.

There have been bugs in the past that allowed players to spawn tanks in air rb maps in custom games and while it has an initial humour value the reality of the scale does sink in. I really wish I could find the old thread on it, as it would be better to show then explain. But the tanks are all the wrong size, areas that look like gentle slopes from the air are near 90 degrees from the ground. It's funny but unworkable.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

30 minutes ago, DeKrieg said:

The AIr RB maps are scaled very differently to the ground RB maps.

There have been bugs in the past that allowed players to spawn tanks in air rb maps in custom games and while it has an initial humour value the reality of the scale does sink in. I really wish I could find the old thread on it, as it would be better to show then explain. But the tanks are all the wrong size, areas that look like gentle slopes from the air are near 90 degrees from the ground. It's funny but unworkable.

I’ve seen those in videos on Youtube—the Dover map I believe it was, with a road that must have had a healthy 85% grade. I’m sure people would love trying to traverse that. How fun would it be to play Norway with tanks—“who brought their floaties?

Advocating for tanks in RB AFs betrays an ignorance of RB AFs—it really is that simple.

On 22/02/2019 at 15:28, SilkMonger said:

I would think it could be interesting to have tankers and pilots queue and spawn separately into Realistic Tank Battles, (all tanks or all planes in the preset) but I'd also be willing to bet the queue would be a lot longer for pilots than for tankers.

I still call for a ground vehicle only play mode to be added, and suggest it start with all the same maps & modes as the current RTB mode, minus the airplane spawns.  At the same time, (not before!) take the restrictions and nerfs off the aircraft in the current RTB mode, and let's see what happens. 

I'm with you all the way. Been ranting (on their youtube channel and ingame) for years. Theres nothing more anti-climatic than to get blown-up by a high TNT value bomb - wich in my opinion doesn't take that much skill - that drops somewhat near you, while you're on a skilled killing spree :angry:

On 24/02/2019 at 00:20, ULQ_LOVER said:

First you need to spawn in something that costs 90 points, then get an assist and jump into a plane. (can be kill, but assist is enough)

A guy with an average 1:1 K/D in tanks (he admitted he just dies to get into planes) spawned a RU251, got a kill after 1-2 mins and died, he spawned  3-4 planes after that and ended the battle with 11 kills (10 with airplanes).

• Confused 1
medal medal

11 minutes ago, LandKreuzer_89 said:

A guy with an average 1:1 K/D in tanks (he admitted he just dies to get into planes) spawned a RU251, got a kill after 1-2 mins and died, he spawned  3-4 planes after that and ended the battle with 11 kills (10 with airplanes).

So...you're claiming there's a problem because he had enough SP to use his vehicles? What's the problem with using your vehicles?

If you don't like guys like him using their respawns, stop him. Shoot him down or deny him the SP to obtain his vehicles in the first place. Problem solved.

Also, amusing to hear it was an Ru 251 driver. So much for "OP Allied CAS!" eh? :crazy:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Also, amusing to hear it was an Ru 251 driver. So much for "OP Allied CAS!" eh?

Funny, don’t recall anywhere in this thread, that this was a TO Axis mode. Frankly, German CAS is very powerful in its own right. 

• Upvote 1
medal