Did you include the latest BR changes (Lorraine 40t) and ridiculous repair costs (for the Bat Chat 25 as well)?

Also, as a side note... Please, pretty please, I'd like to see the ERC Sagaie in game. And the myriad of wheeled French AM's from WWII...

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 22/11/2018 at 17:00, Kasukaru said:

Did you include the latest BR changes (Lorraine 40t) and ridiculous repair costs (for the Bat Chat 25 as well)?

Also, as a side note... Please, pretty please, I'd like to see the ERC Sagaie in game. And the myriad of wheeled French AM's from WWII... 

I will update them when they will be officially implemented in the game.
Yes the Lorraine in RB 6.3->6.7->7.0 is tough but also reflects its "OPness" in RB (I have it in my RB Tier 6 line-up)

I do not talk about repair cost but your message will motivate me to do so in the next update of my review

As for the Sagaie, that is indeed a valid option.

Edited by No_Camping
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 22/11/2018 at 17:00, Kasukaru said:

No as many other things actually, not only the repair cost is going wrong but we have few tanks with way too high br and as you can read in no camping first post, it seems that this guy prefer to see the drink half full rather than half empty making many changes that the french tree need into oblivion, he simply don't talk about them as he don't talk about sim gameplay with the french which is terrible. And with the last br going up with the repair price welcome into a tree that you don't want to toutch anymore. Also remember that his posts only represent himself as i know A LOT of french who are not ok with what he said. There are many things that need to change, the hype of the tree just being released is long gone, now welcome into insane BR and repair prices. 

CA Loraine ---------------- 6.0 --> 5.7 Aligned with arl 44, need reload buff as two loader and big case.

AMX-50 -------------------- 7.0 --> 6.7 Good

Lorain 40t ------------------ 6.7 --> 6.7 At 6.3 it was clearly op, 7.0 will be too much, 6.7 is a great compromise but it's repair cost need top go down.
Chart 25t ------------------- 6.7 --> 6.3 Good

AMX-30-90 ---------------- 7.0 --> 6.7 Good, will finally give us a full 6.7 lineup.

AMX-30 (HOT) ----------- 9.0 --> 8.0 ? Good, most other nation atgm are 8.0/8.3 while being better.

AMX-50 SUR ------------- 8.0 --> 7.7 Good, fighting 6.7 or 8.7, perfect spot, amx 50 sur should not fight br 9.0 tanks

AMX-30B2 ----------------- 8.3 --> 7.7 ? 8.0 is enought lower will mean op for 6.7 tanks

AMX-30B2 (BRENUS) -- 8.7 --> 7.7 ? 8.3 is enought as it got a bit more armor there are no reason for it to have the same br as B2.

AMX-40 --------------------- 9.7 --> 9.7 Amx 40 is good at 9.7 what we really need are other tanks at thispoint, changing amx 40 br will not change anything, they should decrease tank repair and ammo cost instead, it is impossible to get postive silver with it.

B1 bis ---------------------2.0 --> 1.7 because unplayable with op german time traveling heats

B1 ter --------------------- 2.3 --> 2.0 same reason as above, this premium that people paid is unplayable.

Amx m4 ------------------- 6.3 --> should remain 6.0 (no aphe) 190mm of pen not enough to pen a tiger2 H anywhere frontally!! Flank it excuse don't work.

• Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal

On 28/11/2018 at 15:03, unwinder66 said:

he don't talk about sim gameplay with the french

Sim gameplay is mostly fine for top tier now that France have been moved to the NATO team, sure the AMX-40 is still an OHK, but it can also OHK Soviet tanks, and the amount of teamkill is much lower now...

Still needs to get it's APFSDS fixed along with the BRENUS tho...

As for the lower events, i don't really play them with the french for... reasons... AMX-13 vs tiger II, but you can't make use of your lightweight, concealment ability, and superior mobility...

• Confused 1

On 28/11/2018 at 15:03, unwinder66 said:

CA Loraine ---------------- 6.0 --> 5.7 Aligned with arl 44, need reload buff as two loader and big case. BR OK in RB; unplayable in AB even at 5.7; just a bad AB tank

AMX-50 -------------------- 7.0 --> 6.7 Good OK in RB (still 6.7 in AB which is fine)

Lorain 40t ------------------ 6.7 --> 6.7 At 6.3 it was clearly op, 7.0 will be too much, 6.7 is a great compromise but it's repair cost need top go down. BR 7.0 in RB is fair; cost is stupid
Chart 25t ------------------- 6.7 --> 6.3 Good OK; 6.7 in RB OK but 6.3 in AB, like the M4

AMX-30-90 ---------------- 7.0 --> 6.7 Good, will finally give us a full 6.7 lineup. At 7.0 it is doing well, especially in RB

AMX-30 (HOT) ----------- 9.0 --> 8.0 ? Good, most other nation atgm are 8.0/8.3 while being better. Let's be reasonable : 8.3

AMX-50 SUR ------------- 8.0 --> 7.7 Good, fighting 6.7 or 8.7, perfect spot, amx 50 sur should not fight br 9.0 tanks; 8.0 is fine; one shots XM-1 and all 9.0 tanks (which it rarely fights, in practice) with a better reload. It is a beast well played

AMX-30B2 ----------------- 8.3 --> 7.7 ? 8.0 is enought lower will mean op for 6.7 tanks; 7.7? Be serious. 8.0/8.3 and 8.3 for the Brenus

AMX-30B2 (BRENUS) -- 8.7 --> 7.7 ? 8.3 is enought as it got a bit more armor there are no reason for it to have the same br as B2. 8.3 for the Brenus; 8.7 is stupid

AMX-40 --------------------- 9.7 --> 9.7 Amx 40 is good at 9.7 what we really need are other tanks at thispoint, changing amx 40 br will not change anything, they should decrease tank repair and ammo cost instead, it is impossible to get postive silver with it. OK even if 9.3 in AB would be fair

B1 bis ---------------------2.0 --> 1.7 because unplayable with op german time traveling heats; I do not agree at all

B1 ter --------------------- 2.3 --> 2.0 same reason as above, this premium that people paid is unplayable. Nah. Look at the stats of Nobidexx with it; it is a beast well played

Amx m4 ------------------- 6.3 --> should remain 6.0 (no aphe) 190mm of pen not enough to pen a tiger2 H anywhere frontally!! Flank it excuse don't work. 6.3 is fine in RB; 6.0 in AB would be better but 6.3 is OK

For me, the three most urgent BR changes are:

• Char de 25t 6.7->6.3 (maybe only in AB)
  • AMX-30B2 Brenus-> 8.3
  • AMX-13 HOT 9.0->8.3
Edited by No_Camping
  • Confused 1

On 05/01/2018 at 02:48, No_Camping said:

You will easily build a really excellent RB line-up at BR 6.0-7.0 with these tanks. The French line-up will do much better than the German one in RB, and is arguably the best RB tank line-up in this BR range due to a game meta favoring mobility and fast reload rather than strong armor.

im pretty sure the german 6.7 are waaaaaaaaaaaay better in every aspect, just IMO, but yea

also dont forget the french most of the times get the usual uptier treatment D:

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, AlphaVI said:

im pretty sure the german 6.7 are waaaaaaaaaaaay better in every aspect, just IMO, but yea

@AlphaVI As you can see from their in-game stats below, all French Tier 4 vehicles in the (RB) BR range 6.0-7.0 have an RB win rate in the 55%-70% range, while all German vehicles have an RB win rate below 50%. In SB (but there are fewer data as there are fewer players playing SB), the difference is even stronger. Interestingly, the AB win rates (Lorraine 40t and AMX-50 are 6.7 there) are also well in favor of French Tier 4 tanks.
So your opinion is unfortunately incorrect.

Yet, I would perfectly understand if you like to play the German Tier 4 line-up in RB (I also do). The fact is that their overall performance is waaaaaaay below that of the corresponding French line-up in RB and SB (and even in AB, although German tanks are still waaaaaay more popular than French tanks there, even in this BR range where the latter are really excellent).

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/fr_lorraine_40t

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/fr_amx_50

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/fr_amx_m4
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/fr_amx_13_75_ss11
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/fr_amx_13_75
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/fr_amx_13_90

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/germ_pzkpfw_VI_ausf_b_tiger_IIh_kwk46
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/germ_pzkpfw_VI_ausf_b_tiger_IIh

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/germ_panther_II
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/germ_ru251
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/germ_pzkpfw_VI_ausf_b_tiger_IIp
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/germ_pzkpfw_V_ausf_g_panther

Edited by No_Camping
  • Confused 1

On 06/12/2018 at 22:37, AlphaVI said:

agreeeing to what you said, yup,
tough as for me, i almost get the uptier treatment, 

but it does not seems the stats are up to date, with missing french vehicules and stats from before 2 major patches  :/

General stats are current and are available for all French tanks in the "vehicle" tab in the front page of Thunderskill (even if they are shown as American tanks)
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicles#type=army&role=all&country=all

It is true that for your personal stats, some tanks - not only French - are missing in AB and/or RB (this is random and depends on the player); this is mostly due to a bug in the API of War Thunder used by Thunderskill; but your battle stats are correct. But for tanks actually present on your Thunderskill personal profile, the stats are up to date and coincide to the ones in your personal profile on War Thunder (and yes again, some are not there in your personal stats).

As for uptiers, they are tough for everyone. But I would rather be in a Lorraine 40t than in a Tiger II to face a M60 or a T-54 in RB, because of the mobility and the 4 seconds reload. The Tiger as no option other than fight it face-to-face, while the Lorraine (and the other mobile French tanks) can evade, flank, or even circle around the Tier V tank...

Edited by No_Camping
  • Confused 2

The problem is that the SL costs are insane, which I also mention in my review. The Lorraine 40t is the most expensive tank in the game in RB! Ridiculous... And French tanks are not for passive players (and most players are pretty passive) and not necessarily easy to play.
But well played, the Tier 4 French tanks make by far the best line-up in RB  (Same for the 4.7 line-up).

Edited by No_Camping
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, No_Camping said:

The problem is that the SL costs are insane, which I also mention in my review. The Lorraine 40t is the most expensive tank in the game in RB! Ridiculous... And French tanks are not for passive players (and most players are pretty passive) and not necessarily easy to play.
But well played, the Tier 4 French tanks make by far the best line-up in RB  (Same for the 4.7 line-up).

yea , and that s what sadens me, good country wit halot of pentential, but just blocked by rediculouse things D:

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, No_Camping said:

AMX-10 RC is there on the dev server
shot_2018.12.13_22.00.27.jpg

I'll add it in my review after it is introduced officially in the game and after having played it.

so far from what ive seen and tryed, the recoil is unbeliavable high, 

if you put it sidely, it may even flip the tank maybe D:

its like AMX13 level of fliping unrealistic, im scared for that BR, imo 7.7 or 8.0 max

knowing it recoil wont be fixed

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 06/12/2018 at 18:13, AlphaVI said:

Yes they are, and their tank with op (weak spot only armor) are less expensive to reapair than your challanging 0 armor not good enough gun tank.. Amx m4 at 6.3 is a perfect example when this tank is basically a panther with no aphe but someonehow again deserve high br... As always.

On 06/12/2018 at 20:44, No_Camping said:

@AlphaVI As you can see from their in-game stats below, all French Tier 4 vehicles in the (RB) BR range 6.0-7.0 have an RB win rate in the 55%-70% range, while all German vehicles have an RB win rate below 50%. In SB (but there are fewer data as there are fewer players playing SB), the difference is even stronger. Interestingly, the AB win rates (Lorraine 40t and AMX-50 are 6.7 there) are also well in favor of French Tier 4 tanks.
So your opinion is unfortunately incorrect.

Yes his opinion is correct, come on man, the thunderskill excuse have to stop,  for example, i have close to 70% win rate with the lorraine so it is displayed like that by thunderskill, the thing thunderskill don't tell you is that i had this scores at the time it was 6.3, when they moved it to 6.7 with insane repair i  didn't toutch it anymore, and most people that i know are like me, so the stats you see are old stats and does not reflect the actual meta... Yet people are using thunderskill as a valid argument...

And i want to point out something else, you guys all cry about the french being op using your "thunderskill" excuse, but for what i know, the german also got some vehicules above 60% winrate, and that since a very long time... Where are the german nerf on such vehicules, where are the insane repair cost on those 60% vehicules? Oh yea i forgot, only the french deserve such treatment... And the worse is that our french community remain silent about it... It says a lot! The fact that we have so high br and insane repair cost for not armored tank is ridiculous, maybe it is time to have people who represent us better instead of agreeing with all these mad changes.

1 hour ago, No_Camping said:

I'll add it in my review after it is introduced officially in the game and after having played it.

Yet another not needed tank (i love it but it is not a priority, amx 32 is, Bayard is, vab mephesto is, amx 10p hot is...) like the char bat we receive when other got T80b and m11p... Badly introduced (yet another french tank with no stab above br 8.0... logic...), being placed into TD line when it belong to the light tank line with scout mechanics... But forget that, better give it overevaluated br and wrong denomination like the arl 44... No worries we will do a bug report that will never change anything like we did in the past... 

Oh and this maj is sooo great, we already had issue with our top tier planes not being competitive (mystere 4 where are you?) but now with your mystere 2C you will need to fight supersonic 10.0 ones!! Legit...

Man i dream about the french community waking up instead of reading "it is all good" all the time when we get treated so badly. I don't get it.

Spoiler

312.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

here i was waiting for a top tier french tank, but im get the vide of the chatbat feeling all over again, an unplayable tank,

btw i think i got 90% win rate wit hthe lorrain 40t, becaus of the parring with USA i steam rolled the enemy, but against usa, i got steamrolled under 3min

but the thunderskill is not up to dat imo

and as for the french comunity not talking, i have to agree, but i try too to do something, but each iteration i do is countered by french is OP or % or pen anything...

yes we can pen, not pen anything, and not kill too, becaus we dont have anything else than HE or AP.....

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, AlphaVI said:

here i was waiting for a top tier french tank, but im get the vide of the chatbat feeling all over again, an unplayable tank,

That's also my feeling right now, at least if it would have been introduced correctly, i would have been slightly less pissed but exactly like the char bat issue with BR way too high for a 90mm gun, thr amx 10 rc is receiving the same non sense treatment from gaijin, another no stab tank for france above 8.0 br, while other nation have T62 8.3 (armor, gun, stab) , T55A (armor, stab, gun)... Don't even talk of german L/44 being at 8.7... 0.3 Br difference with a tank with worse shell, worse armor and no stab. It makes 0 sense.

btw i think i got 90% win rate wit hthe lorrain 40t, becaus of the parring with USA i steam rolled the enemy, but against usa, i got steamrolled under 3min

They always forget that part, they only cherry pick what they need to fit their narative and then nerf our machines, even if sometime they are concerned by what they "expose". Those people lives in a double standard world.

and as for the french comunity not talking, i have to agree, but i try too to do something, but each iteration i do is countered by french is OP or % or pen anything...

I feel you, you have to realize that we live in an era where most french know more about german army history than their own one... It says much.

yes we can pen, not pen anything, and not kill too, becaus we dont have anything else than HE or AP.....

We can pen, most of the time only weak spots (hard to aim at distance in sim), we have no aphe so even if you kill the 2 crews behind the weak spot, you often have nowhere else to shoot, so you wait for crew to get back and hope not to die (cause yes the one shot you will take will of course kill you, no need weak spot on french armor, just no brain point and click, wonder why we are so op... LOL), you have zero armor so most games are very punishing, the smallest error will get you deleted and after all i mentionned above, you have to pay ridiculous repair for havig 0 armor... Logic...

This game is mainly played by wehraboos, who can't stand the fact that they get killed by french, so each vehicule that will give them hard time are going to get bashed in the forum until they nerf it into oblivion (they did it for many usa vehicule in the past too, lorraine 40t is the perfect recent example) and sadly no one think it is an hypocrite move...

I wonder if we treated the german vehicule as the french one, my god tiger 2H should be BR 14.0!! (sarcasm).

Anyway as said before, no worries french will finally receive their 10.0 vehicules in 2022, when other nations will be already at 14.0 br! :lol2:

Edited by unwinder66
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

so far for the french how its been is, if you are with american, you can win so easily,
if your against americans, you either need luck/good teammates/ or be very skilled to get a win

the tanks might have fast firing but LACKS of ammo type and armor, somethign the game is all about you know

i aint bashing on others, just stating facts. that i could note on my side, might not be the same for everyone, but still.

i have the entier french tech tree unlocked for tank and air almost all aced,...but playing them is jsut a burden and a silver lions thief

• Confused 1

On 14/12/2018 at 07:45, unwinder66 said:

Yes his opinion is correct, come on man, the thunderskill excuse have to stop,  for example, i have close to 70% win rate with the lorraine so it is displayed like that by thunderskill, the thing thunderskill don't tell you is that i had this scores at the time it was 6.3, when they moved it to 6.7 with insane repair i  didn't toutch it anymore, and most people that i know are like me, so the stats you see are old stats and does not reflect the actual meta... Yet people are using thunderskill as a valid argument...

Sorry, but the reason so many people are giving you the Thunderskill argument is because you are totally wrong on this matter:
Indeed, Thunderskill shows your overall personal stats since the beginning of your "career".
But the general vehicle's stats (the links I gave above and I copied below) are updated every day and concern the last month period...

So yes they are current and up to date.

The fact is that the overall performance of German Tier 4 is waaaaaaay below that of the corresponding French line-up in RB and SB (and even in AB, although German tanks are still waaaaaay more popular than French tanks there, even in this BR range where the latter are really excellent). Again, in RB, mobility and fast fire rates trumps armor.

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/fr_lorraine_40t

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/fr_amx_50

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/fr_amx_m4
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/fr_amx_13_75_ss11
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/fr_amx_13_75
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/fr_amx_13_90

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/germ_pzkpfw_VI_ausf_b_tiger_IIh_kwk46
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/germ_pzkpfw_VI_ausf_b_tiger_IIh

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/germ_panther_II
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/germ_ru251
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/germ_pzkpfw_VI_ausf_b_tiger_IIp
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/germ_pzkpfw_V_ausf_g_panther

(last time I checked none had a win rate above 50% in RB and some were significantly below)

On 14/12/2018 at 08:24, unwinder66 said:
On 14/12/2018 at 07:55, AlphaVI said:

They always forget that part, they only cherry pick what they need to fit their narative and then nerf our machines, even if sometime they are concerned by what they "expose". Those people lives in a double standard world.

Note that the argument that the French have good stats because they play often with US/UK is not valid either, since the Tier 4 US/UK line-up have just slightly better stats than the German ones (win rates between 48% and 54%) and waaaayyyyy below that of the French line-up.
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/us_t34

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/us_t92

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/us_m46_patton

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/us_m26_pershing

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/uk_fv4202

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/uk_vickers_mbt_mk_1

In practice, from my experience, France plays roughly as often against Germany or against US/UK (France with Germany, in that case) and beat them consistently. Actually, the stats of Germany would be much worse if they were always playing against France and UK/US!!! If UK/US were better than Germany and France, US/UK would certainly have much better stats than France, which is certainly not the case.
Finally, it would be really an interesting logical twist to argue that the line-up with the best current and up to date stats (by far) is not the best... But we are on a forum, so I expect anything. Let me also mention that being the best does not mean being OP (you always need someone to be the best!).

As a side comment, dear @unwinder66, I see that you have exactly 0 game with the German Tier 4 in RB, a handful with Russia and US (and 0 with UK), and two dozens with France where you have generally very good results. I have to admit that in addition to the fact that you incorrectly dismiss Thunderskill vehicle stats, I am always suspicious and puzzled by people commenting on tanks/game modes they do not play. I am also amused by the fact that your stats in AB at BR 6.0-6.7 are way better with French Tier 4 (where they are very good) than with the corresponding "OP" German tanks at the same BR (this is also true for me). I have personally played almost 1000 battles in Tier 4 RB, mostly with France, Russia, and less with Germany (and a few with Japan, and US/UK which are too slow for me).

And i want to point out something else, you guys all cry about the french being op

Remember that you are in the thread of my review on French tanks that I love. So I am certainly not crying, and I never said they are too OP. I am just pretty happy to state that the French Tier 4 line-up is the best in RB, which is also true at BR 4.7 if you also have the M4A1 (FL10) premium (and the latter is also the best line-up in AB).

And why would it be a problem that France has a few excellent line-ups (also in 7.3-7.0, where France has the best line-up after Russia)?
After all, nobody complains that Germany has the best line-up at BR 3.7-4.0 in RB (for so many reasons I explained elsewhere; just check their stats and other nations there...)... Ooops, there are actually quite a few people complaining about it on the Forum...

Let me mention that people are reasoning too much in terms of individual tank performance instead of considering the overall line-up. The Type 90 is the best Tier 6 tank by far, and yet the top tier Japanese line-up is pretty weak because this tank is all alone there (I spend so many back-ups with it or the AMX-40, which is in the same situation, although not as good as the Type 90).

where are the insane repair cost on those 60% vehicules? Oh yea i forgot, only the french deserve such treatment... And the worse is that our french community remain silent about it... It says a lot! The fact that we have so high br and insane repair cost for not armored tank is ridiculous, maybe it is time to have people who represent us better instead of agreeing with all these mad changes. 

Here I agree and I mention the insane SL cost of some French tanks in my review (the Lorraine 40t is the most expensive tank in RB, which is stupid).
I am actually preparing a suggestion to harmonize SL costs of some tanks... And yes, the German players on the forum (quite often playing only one nation) are much more vocal than the people playing French tanks... I can even say that many are just always crying that all other tanks are OP compared to their perfect German toys.

Cordialement @unwinder66

Edited by No_Camping
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

the stats seems so wrong, especialy on the AMX-50 and AMX50 surbaissé that cant be true,

and if im not wrong the website had stoped updating like several months ago,

like before any of the french tanks like the lorrain40t got uped to 6.7 or 7.0

so what you say about all the things on the french or other nations tanks might been all false @No_Camping

Edited by AlphaVI
@
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, No_Camping said:

Sorry, but the reason so many people are giving you the Thunderskill argument is because you are totally wrong on this matter :
Indeed, Thunderskill shows your overall personal stats since the beginning of your "career".
But the general vehicle's stats (the links I gave above and I copied below) are updated every day and concern the last month period...

So yes they are current and up to date.

The fact is that the overall performance of German Tier 4 is waaaaaaay below that of the corresponding French line-up in RB and SB (and even in AB, although German tanks are still waaaaaay more popular than French tanks there, even in this BR range where the latter are really excellent). Again, in RB, mobility and fast fire rates trumps armor.

You are 100% correct about that but i think you didn't understood what i meant or i express myself incorectly, when i was talking about the "thunderskill argument being wrong" i was only talking about the lorraine 40t, not about other tanks, arguing that the stats displaying in thunderskill were not revelent because it can be from the time when the vehicule was lower, and i later added (proving that im ok with thunderskill stats) that in the german tree some tanks (not talking especially about the tiger 2 which i know is not above 50%, using this vehicule as example for what it represent in term of stats, armors, gun compared  to the 40t) are also above 60% win ratio since ages (pz F1 or F2 for example if i recall) but nothing has ever been done to increse their br or their repair cost as it have been done on the french vehicules only because people look at thunderskill.

I also have doupts about what you say, what hapen if everybody stop playing the 40t? Is monthly thunderskill stats for that vehicule going down with time? I was guessing it remained as the last known value. As for my 70% personnal stats which no longer reprensent the 40t in the actual meta.

Also remeber that france is rarely alone, as said by Alpha if i recall, when you are teamed up with usa you win very often and the oposite hapens if you are agains't them, it is not only the vehicule that make you win or lose the game but also the team composition, and i don't think thunderskill take note of this.

47 minutes ago, No_Camping said:

Note that the argument that the French have good stats because they play often with US/UK is not valid either, since the Tier 4 US/UK line-up have just slightly better stats than the German ones (win rates between 48% and 54%) and waaaayyyyy below that of the French line-up.
http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/us_t34

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/us_t92

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/us_m46_patton

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/us_m26_pershing

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/uk_fv4202

http://thunderskill.com/en/vehicle/uk_vickers_mbt_mk_1

In practice, from my experience, France plays roughly as often against Germany or against US/UK and beat them consistently. Actually, the stats of Germany would be much worse if they were always playing against France and UK/US!!!
Finally, it would be really an interesting logical twist to argue that the line-up with the best current and up to date stats (by far) is not the best... But we are on a forum, so I expect anything. Let me also mention that being the best does not mean being OP (you always need someone to be the best!).

We can argue about this, but man does it really excuse the state of the tree right now especially between 6.0 and 8.0, the price of our vehicules have been up to the roof, they usualy did those move vs too armored tanks to avoid people spamming them as it was clearly game breaking, but the french tank that got this treatment have no armor at all, they most of the time got destroyed in one hit, while you, with your solid shell only, you have to not only hit the weakspots of armored tanks but also prey to detonate the ammo if possible, if not, you need to fire few times to get something decent, to me the risk/reward is too low for the french, the autoloader alone is not enough to justify the hamering job gaijin did to the tree.

52 minutes ago, No_Camping said:

Remember that you are in the thread of my review on French tanks that I love. So I am certainly not crying, and I never said they are too OP. I am just pretty happy to state that the French Tier 4 line-up is the best in RB, which is also true at BR 4.7 if you also have the M4A1 (FL10) premium (and the latter is also the best line-up in AB).

And why would it be a problem that France has a few excellent line-ups (also in 7.3-7.0, where France has the best line-up after Russia)?
After all, nobody complains that Germany has the best line-up at BR 3.7-4.0 in RB (for so many reasons I explained elsewhere; just check their stats and other nations there...)... Ooops, there are actually quite a few people complaining about it on the Forum...

Let me mention that people are reasoning too much in terms of individual tank performance instead of considering the overall line-up. The Type 90 is the best Tier 6 tank by far, and yet the top tier Japanese line-up is pretty weak because this tank is all alone there (I spend so many back-ups with it or the AMX-40, which is in the same situation, although not as god as the Type 90).

I understand and trust me i DEEPLY respect the work you are doing for the community as my words where not pointed at anyone in particular and for shure, not toward you. You are the only few mature and documented people with the one we can have great constructive discution and i deeply respect that. I was more focusing on gaijin decisions about integration of vehicules and how most people react about them.

I agree about the individual thinking and as you mention this reasoning is less logic for people who got a complete tree rather than people (like france and japan) who does have issue using a proper lineup and that's also why im loud at gaijin for not releaseing vehicule that some countries need to be at the same level in term of competition rather than adding new meta (helos, super jets...) and leaving the countries already in trouble, even more behind.

58 minutes ago, No_Camping said:

Here I agree and I mention the insane SL cost of some French tanks in my review (the Lorraine 40t is the most expensive tank in RB, which is stupid).
I am actually preparing a suggestion to harmonize SL costs of some tanks... And yes, the German players on the forum (quite often playing only one nation) are much more vocal than the people playing French tanks... I can even say that many are just always crying that all other tanks are OP compared to their perfect German toys.

Cordialement @unwinder66

If you can harmonize also few BRs (amx 13 hot, B2, Brenus, B1 bis/ter, 40t, 50, m4...) it could be also great, i did a post about few changes and br proposal if you wanna take a look (maybe you already did, can't recall) and yes german players are too often very noisy for small reasons (this afternoon i saw their new proposal for maus at br 6.7... no jokes.) and it worries me a bit as the dev might listen to the masses and not to the players who actually use these vehicules, also i almost don't play rb so my experience is a bit different, i play arcade to make money and spade modules but i mainly play sim, and trust me with parralax effect, solid shot only, facing bouncy target and having no armor, we walk on eggs, that's why i think they need to rethink a bit what they did, maybe not going back to previous state, but shurely not what we have right now which is not appealing at all in term of competitivity or costs.

Again sir, very sorry if you felt targeted, wasn't my goal.

Respectueusement.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, unwinder66 said:

I also have doupts about what you say, what hapen if everybody stop playing the 40t?

That won't change anything... It does not matter if 70% win rate is for 1000 players or 100000 players. A rate is a percentage; the size of the sample does not matter... at least, provided it his big enough so that the stats are mathematically significant.
In fact, I suspect that people keeping playing the Lorraine 40t at BR 7.0 (I do; I even play it in RB Tier 6 with good results) will be the best players, so I am not worried for the win rate of French Tier IV tank.

5 hours ago, unwinder66 said:

We can argue about this, but man does it really excuse the state of the tree right now especially between 6.0 and 8.0, the price of our vehicules have been up to the roof, they usualy did those move vs too armored tanks to avoid people spamming them as it was clearly game breaking, but the french tank that got this treatment have no armor at all, they most of the time got destroyed in one hit, while you, with your solid shell only, you have to not only hit the weakspots of armored tanks but also prey to detonate the ammo if possible, if not, you need to fire few times to get something decent, to me the risk/reward is too low for the french, the autoloader alone is not enough to justify the hamering job gaijin did to the tree. 

As for the SL cost I am thinking about the best strategy/arguments to "sell" it to Gaijin. Because, just saying they are too high will not be enough.

Let's be honest, Gaijin cannot give armor to tanks which did not have any. But the great mobility (try to play the UK tanks pas BR 4.7 which are ALL slow), the decent guns with great reload speed make them deadly (kill the gunner or the loader... and you have all the time you need to finish the enemy).
Yet, what is true is that French tanks are not easy to play and require you to exploit their strengths and deal with their weaknesses. People like Russian tanks and/or think they are OP because they are easy to play and anybody can have decent results in a T-34 or a T-54. The good general stats or French tanks also comes the fact that most bad players do not play them, because these tanks are ungrateful to passive/scared players.

Edited by No_Camping
  • Confused 1

• No_Camping changed the title to A review of French tanks (Updated 6/January/2021)
  • No_Camping changed the title to A review of French tanks (Updated 24/March/2021)