22 minutes ago, asopuma said:

Many thanks @No_Camping for this very detailed and documented review. I just have one request: could you add CAS planes recommendations for the main RB lineups?

Thanks a lot @asopuma for your kind message!

Unfortunately, I am a pure tanker (even in RB where I only fly very rarely) and I would not be competent to make advice for CAS.

Let me mention that I am told that the P-40 "Lafayette" currently in the War Bond shop should be pretty decent, and I will get it for sure (a good free premium is worth doing your daily tasks)

Returning to tanks, do not hesitate to consult my grind advices and my review of premium tanks for all nations available in English and French on my YouTube channel.

Edited by No_Camping
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• No_Camping changed the title to A review of French tanks (Updated 24/March/2021)
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, just started playing the game. Picked Germany at first, then switched to France quickly. I'm currently upgrading every tank and... oh boy. T1 french tanks are awful. The reserve armored car is ludicrous and closer to BR 1.3 than 1.0 reserve stuff, but everything else is absolute garbage.
Now I know most of these tanks were indeed quite bad, but actual battle reports depict them as mostly innofensive but really tough. Early panzer III had trouble penetrating the FCM36 IRL. Ingame tho anything sneezing at you instantly cripples your crew and you're dead. The other thing is... they simply don't turn/move! The pain when you're dropped in that snowy mountain map with an unupgraded H35 is surreal. Takes 3 mins to crawl to the front just to get one-shot by any BT-5 going around at 4 times your speed.

Anyway, I'm not particularly patriotic and I wasn't going in expecting to destroy everything with my 37mm peashooters, but there are some working H35 out there, and they're way less sluggish than what we have ingame. Seriously, that dreadful speed and mobility is just so frustrating. It'd be nice to have some better accel and hill climbing on EVERYTHING in that T1 except the AMD35, both for historical accuracy and gameplay reasons.

They also offer much less upgrades than the german tanks I tried, who have lots of different ammo and quite often a second tracks upgrade.

Basically

-They not as tanky as they should be.
-They're way less mobile than they already were.
-Fewer upgrades increase the gap even further.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Hey guys, just started playing the game. Picked Germany at first, then switched to France quickly. I'm currently upgrading every tank and... oh boy. T1 french tanks are awful. The reserve armored car is ludicrous and closer to BR 1.3 than 1.0 reserve stuff, but everything else is absolute garbage.
Now I know most of these tanks were indeed quite bad, but actual battle reports depict them as mostly innofensive but really tough. Early panzer III had trouble penetrating the FCM36 IRL. Ingame tho anything sneezing at you instantly cripples your crew and you're dead. The other thing is... they simply don't turn/move! The pain when you're dropped in that snowy mountain map with an unupgraded H35 is surreal. Takes 3 mins to crawl to the front just to get one-shot by any BT-5 going around at 4 times your speed.

Anyway, I'm not particularly patriotic and I wasn't going in expecting to destroy everything with my 37mm peashooters, but there are some working H35 out there, and they're way less sluggish than what we have ingame. Seriously, that dreadful speed and mobility is just so frustrating. It'd be nice to have some better accel and hill climbing on EVERYTHING in that T1 except the AMD35, both for historical accuracy and gameplay reasons.

They also offer much less upgrades than the german tanks I tried, who have lots of different ammo and quite often a second tracks upgrade.

Basically

-They not as tanky as they should be.
-They're way less mobile than they already were.
-Fewer upgrades increase the gap even further.

for the first point blame Gajin for giving some tanks (it may involve one or two nation that are in europe more than the others ) time defying ammo...
for the second one idk much about the wwII and pre war tank mobility so if you have any proof feel free to make a bug report.

for the last one see the first point

Edited by Arakneo
  • Upvote 2
medal

16 hours ago, Arakneo said:

for the first point blame Gajin for giving some tanks (it may involve one or two nation that are in europe more than the others ) time defying ammo...
for the second one idk much about the wwII and pre war tank mobility so if you have any proof feel free to make a bug report.

for the last one see the first point

Any video of any of these tanks would do tbh. They move. Unupgraded WT ones don't.

^ I mean just look at how this thing turns. That's about 4 or 5 times faster than unupgraded ingame, and way smoother. And no I'm not exagerating one bit. Actually at slow speeds most of the T1 unupgraded french tanks fail to turn. Instead they lose all speed and... rotate at like 2°/s on the spot. Currently looking at my unupgraded R35 because it's the last one I have to suffer with, If it turned like it does on that video I'd have saved a good hours of frustration trying to reach the battlefront at 5kmh, getting stuck into the tiniest trees, failing to climb 15° slopes, etc.

And these people aren't here to murder their working R35, they're probably driving it like grandmas.

The slow speed really isn't the problem. I loved playing the FCM36 ironically, despite its terrible rep, because it actually reaches its advertised speed and can turn and accelerates decently. On the other hand something like the AMC 34 YR is just hilarious, it fails to achieve half its advertised speed, fails to turn, fails to go over any bump, fails to reverse, worst gun ingame... I just busted my track from 100 to 0 while climbing on a sidewalk at 20+ kmh, like c'mon (^%. I can't and won't find a vid of that tank because it basically doesn't exist, but I doubt any military ever approved a vehicle that performs worse in the mobility department than 4 dudes and a wheeled cart.

EDIT : so I decided to look a bit at unupgraded numbers of WT reserve/T1 tanks vs their RL counterparts.

French tanks are very close. The H35 had a 75hp engin, ingame its rated 81hp.
American reserve tanks have like, twice their real life horsepower. They're sitting on 450hp ingame wtf >.>
The T-26 too, has like +60% hp ingame, unupgraded. BT-5 has 10% bonus hp too.
A13 (brit reserve tank) sitting on 650hp ingame, had 340 IRL

Excuse me sir but what?

EDIT 2 : just switched to B1 bis and SAu40... the suffering is real.

Getting pierced front to back by reserve stuff of other nations, gunsights give you the trajectory of the peashooter instead of the main gun on the B1 bis, SAu40 is more of the same  <10 kmh frustration in every tiny slope...

Edited by Clebardman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/05/2021 at 07:07, No_Camping said:

On 02/05/2021 at 09:58, BlazeOfJoy said:

Oh yes give me this speedy boi

as much as i want to see in game as you guys,

you guys know very much as me that the game is not made for weeled vehicles as the PERFECT example oft he EBR wich cant even move almost and get overtaken by heavy tanks (wich is simple in the fixing as to reduc weele resistance and add more torque) (proabaly what has alredy been done for german fast boi and r3)

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal