SirSchebling

FWD: Dec/27/2017 Wrong ammo choice for He 111 H-16 and Do 217 E-4

Both the 111 H-16 and 217 E-4 have a 20mm MG FF in a flexible nose position. The stock and universal ammo belts contain Minengeschoss rounds although this gun was unable to fire them (hence the MG FF/M was developed).

It could just be a text/graphic error and the gun actually fires some other kind of HE ammo but I suspect it really uses mineshells which, as pointed out, it shouldn't.

I'm quite surprised this hasn't been reported yet considering for how long these aircraft have been in the game...

20171226160741_1.jpg

20171226160748_1.jpg

• Like 1
medal

Hello

your report is currently incomplete

Please provide all required files.

Regards

Magicool

1 hour ago, SirSchebling said:

Since this isn't exactly a FM/DM issue, I assume you only need me to prove that the MG FF was not able to fire the Minengeschoss? 

Correct

Allright, I did some digging.

Apparently I was wrong, this isn't a bug concerning the ammo belts, it's just a typo.

Both the He 111 H-16 and Do 217 E-4 carried MG FF/Ms.

I found the pilot's manual for both aircraft.

Page 9: http://www.germanluftwaffe.com/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/d/Dornier/Do 217/Do 217 E/Do 217 E-2 E-4 Teil 8A Schusswaffenanlage.pdf

Page 9: http://www.deutscheluftwaffe.com/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/h/Heinkel/He 111/Heinkel He 111 H-11 H-14 Schusswaffenanlage.pdf

The statcard simply should be updated with the correct armament.

Edited by SirSchebling
medal

Okay I will write reports on the wrong stat-card/x-ray designation of the weapons.

Thank you for your interest and help improving the game.  

Your information has been forwarded to the developers for their consideration.  

This thread will remain unlocked for one week (7 days) so that anyone with additional information\evidence\examples will have a place to post.  
After this time the report will remain active but will be archived.

It will also serve as a place where the developers will post questions for you to answer so please keep up to date here.