Rainbowprincess

yak-23

Why exactly is the yak-23 7.3? 45m/s climb rate, more than 900kph top speed and decent amount of ammunition. Sounds more like an 8.0 to me when the me163 has to be 8.0 aswell.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 18
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Rainbowprincess said:

more than 900kph top speed

Ho-229, attacker fb.1, MiG-9, F-84 (shouldn't be 7.0 but is), maybe more...

Should we get the T-1A for Japan, it would be about 7.0 even with the top speed of 925 km/h. It had 1 M2 but 2 pylons for 1 M2 each, 1 drop tank each, or 1 750 lb bomb each.

Edited by PickleJarOfDeath
medal medal

Horten is no match for a yak-23. It reaches 900kph only in a dive and acceleration is nowhere close to a yak-23 while we not even have to talk about the climb rate.

I know that the f-84 series is undertiered but bringing the yak-23 to 7.3 doesn't solve the issue. It makes early jets even more unenjoyable. I mean while the f-84 series somehow might have a chance, things like a me-262 basically can J out or when a P-51H gets into the match.

the f-84 series should go up to 7.3/7.7 and the yak-23 to 8.0 because it is basically a me163 with a bit more fuel with its current acceleration and climb rate.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal

As possibly the player with the most yak23 RB matches I can tell you that while the plane is the best 7.3 vehicle, it is NOT 8.0 worthy. 

Most 8.0s are superior in every way but climb rate and acceleration to 600kphish. For some reason everyone assumes that it turns like a yak15, but you will struggle to turn with a p80 on min fuel. It compresses bad over 650kph and the guns are just terrible. Getting 3 kills in 1 flyout even with good aim is a big challenge.

It would fit in perfectly in a BR bracket with the F80, 262 C1a, F84G, sea meteor and maybe a few others (which gaijin isnt willing to create :crying:) Putting it at 8.0 would just create another dead jet :/

P.s. the 163 is alot better 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal

13 minutes ago, Kolber_ said:

It would fit in perfectly in a BR bracket with the F80, 262 C1a, F84G, sea meteor and maybe a few others

this is the bracket I would like to put it with an uptiering. I know the BR compression even with 9.0 as a max is to less in the jet area since you will suddenly face things like sabres and hutners by changing the BR by 1 point.

My point was just put it away from early jet combat like 7.0 because with 7.3 it is far too near a me 262, meteor f3 or even P80.

medal medal medal medal

23 hours ago, Rainbowprincess said:

It reaches 900kph only in a dive

can exceed 1000 km/h for a brief moment. Rip speed is exactly 980 km/h

medal medal

On 12/21/2017 at 12:58 PM, Kolber_ said:

F84G

Honestly if something "matches well" to Italian jets at their BR or lower, that's a pretty good hint it's undertiered as hell. The F84G is easily 8.0 material (and like other 8.0 jets it doesn't stand a chance against 9.0s, but that's a whole other discussion).

Edited by TLTeo
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

Still the repair cost of the Me 262 is almost twice as high :/

On 21.12.2017 at 12:58 PM, Kolber_ said:

Putting it at 8.0 would just create another dead jet :/

Still better than making most 7.0 jets useless.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

i don't think 2x60 23mm rounds being pushed around at 900kmh is such a gamechanger on its own- it's just the way ppl spam it. like F222 made us witness AF destruction at Tier 1 EVERY DAY. But where are they now?  Or that La-15 based limited jet spam that filled both BR 8 and BR 7 (goddammit) making you feel very small against russia unless youre in spaded F84 which i wasnt. But where are they now?

Plane gets old and spam wears off.

I hope.

medal medal medal

The Yak-23 is probably the most OP early jet.. how is it fair to match against Tempest IIs?

When are they going to fix all jet BRs and actually use the .3 and .7 BRs for all jets, and make the best 9.3?

• Thanks 2
medal medal medal medal

19 minutes ago, EE51555 said:

The Yak-23 is probably the most OP early jet.. how is it fair to match against Tempest IIs?

When are they going to fix all jet BRs and actually use the .3 and .7 BRs for all jets, and make the best 9.3?

You named tempest... He162 is just xp/sl pinata for yak-23

And accordng to thunderskill, yak-23 got 3.1K/D and 78% win rate. OP is not strong enaugh word for that thing...

P.S.  I have strong feeling, yak-23 ment to bet at 8.0 and F3D at 7.3, but someone at gaijin is not competent enaugh to enter numbers to sheet unmixed...

• Upvote 7

this is the most blatantly overpowered and undertiered plane to get into WT. seriously its almost idiotproof. like Hunter levels idiotproof. and you'd have to screw up pretty damn hard to get killed by anything sub-8.0 other than an F-84G, which itself is essentially an 8.0 (look at its IRL history and it'll all make sense).

with a stock/spaded climb rate and acceleration comparable to a stock/spaded Mig-15bis's and 17s, the only real thing holding the yak-23 back from taking 9.0s on on their own terms is the lack of top end and the lack a Nudelman 37mm cannon.

other than that, its basically just a slightly weaker Me 163 that trades nuke cannons for enough of a fuel reserve to play stupid and get away with it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

P8triot
P8triot gave Kaizy a warning for this post
Reason: Verbal Warning Only · Points: 0 ·

Devs still pretending that they are blind? For me it is trully fascinating how after 5 years they are still able to completely broke BR spread by adding UFO aircraft. Seems like they have not learnt anything so far...

Just wondering if they are too lazy to test it properly or too incompetent to create it the right way for the first time. Anyway they are lucky that I am not their manager because somebody would be packing his things for this ridiculous blunder... totally embarassing... after so many UFOs that took years to be fixed they should be really ashamed for adding yet another one without a single doubt.

Another solid player who by the looks of it actually knows more about the game than the devs themselves: #embarassing

Edited by Kaizy

P8triot (Posted )

1.1.1. Insult any forum members or forum staff. 1.1.2. Start or participate in flame wars, intentionally derail a topic, or post useless spam messages in moderated areas.1.1.19. Profanity and insult via direct statement or implication (full or partial circumvention). This includes the use of swearing, medical-related reference (such as cancer, mental illness, etc.), offensive and abusive language, and other references of an insulting or profane nature. Automatically filtered items are exempt from action. VERBAL WARNING
medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Kaizy said:

[...] Just wondering if they are too lazy to test it properly or too incompetent to create it the right way for the first time. Anyway they are lucky that I am not their manager because somebody would be packing his things for this ridiculous blunder... totally embarassing... after so many UFOs that took years to be fixed they should be really ashamed for adding yet another one without a single doubt.[...]

If nothing changes, the number of players playing 6.7-7.0 German / Japan jets will decrease from week to week. This will end with the need to add bots / AI for every match.

It will be a real "ballance", Russia will be unbeaten against teams of AI Me262 and He162. 

medal medal medal

I used be amongst players, who said there is no bias, its just word to hide l2p issues and so on... But now, Im converted. Yak-23 at 7.3 is total bias.

Edited by BrassWolf

Guys chill, no need to start flaming Gaijin, I'm sure they're aware of the player bases opinion on the BR of the Yak-23 and I'm sure it will get adjusted soon enough.

• Haha 2
medal medal

On 12/22/2017 at 5:55 AM, Rainbowprincess said:

in a dive

yak-23 accelerates in level flight to more than 900kph quite easily

Exactly my point. I don't even have to argue my point and it's quite apparent. By providing counterexamples only, the counterevidence is shown to be very weak. We have good references to compare it to the competition. This is BS garbage that I find ridiculous. A metric to compare things in this range for purely energy fighters is the ArC-3. This plane is not OP at all. It just needs to be ignored in order to be enticed into something like a turnfight or bnz to be killed. This thing is powerful as long as people follow it into it's trap. It is the best energy fighting 7.0 and if there is something that can do what it does better and has better performance and qualities in aspects outside of energy fighting, then there is something wrong. If you have a plane that can turnfight with the 229 easily and have a far more usable roll rate plus the speed and energy retention, then there is something wrong. The 229 has this turning ability as its make or break aspect. It is the plane that almost relies on this alone in order to be a respected 7.0 aircraft. There are many needed adjustments on all jets of all nations as it stands now. The Yak-23 is just the worst symptom so far.

Edited by PickleJarOfDeath
medal medal

A quick question: do I have to pay repair costs if I j out on the airfield right from start? Not interested in fighting this totally balanced plane in a prop.

On 21.12.2017 at 12:58 PM, Kolber_ said:

As possibly the player with the most yak23 RB matches I can tell you that while the plane is the best 7.3 vehicle, it is NOT 8.0 worthy. 

Most 8.0s are superior in every way but climb rate and acceleration to 600kphish. For some reason everyone assumes that it turns like a yak15, but you will struggle to turn with a p80 on min fuel. It compresses bad over 650kph and the guns are just terrible. Getting 3 kills in 1 flyout even with good aim is a big challenge.

It would fit in perfectly in a BR bracket with the F80, 262 C1a, F84G, sea meteor and maybe a few others (which gaijin isnt willing to create :crying:) Putting it at 8.0 would just create another dead jet :/

P.s. the 163 is alot better 

Complains about 23mm guns (I know the struggle), says that me163 is better. What?

I take a useless jet any day of the week over a destroyed BR bracket.

medal