Spawn Points mode test for Simulator Battles

Stona

Best answer

This weekend, there will be an additional event available - an event with spawn points (with markers) for the 9_2 line-up. The event will be available until 11:00 GMT on February 19th.

Maintenance%20(2).jpg

We are bringing back the experimental mode for Spawn points  for SB, we have changed it a bit. You may have already participated in one of the previous tests, originally it was implemented for a limited line-up. This time it will be available for all the line-ups in SB. This aspect should allow a player to follow their allies movements and does not provide any advantage. Such a mode gives much more tactical opportunities to players in combined SB.

Based on your feedback and trialed with internal testing results we decided to use allied markers in battle (minimap only) this will improve team coordination.

With this experimental mode we will also make the usual SB events available. Specific events for the top vehicles are temporarily switched off., however they can be accessed in both modes.The line-up changes are the same: 1_1, 5_1, 2_1, 9_1, 3_1, 6_1, 4_1, 8_2, 5_1, 10_2. You may try both variants without changing your preferable vehicles.

We plan to do several full rotations do gather your feedback and obtain some statistical data, this is why the closing date will remain open ended.

Experimental mode features:

• Allies have markers on the minimap
  • A player will have a total of 3 respawns - up to 3 respawns in aircraft or ground vehicles, but not more than 3 overall
  • At the beginning of each battle a player has 1000 Spawn Points which he may spend as he wants
  • You can not gain any Spawn Points in battle
  • Every vehicle type has it own SP requirement
    • Heavy tank  — 450 SP
    • Medium and light tanks— 300 SP
    • SPG — 300 SP
    • SPAA — 250 SP
    • Bomber— 450 SP
    • Attacker — 450 SP
    • Fighter— 300 SP
    • Fighter with secondary weapons (bombs/rockets)— 450 SP
  • Respawn limits for specific vehicles will remain. Thus, a player may spawn a heavy tank only once, so if you want to respawn in a heavy, you should have it placed in another crew slot in a hangar.

SP requirements may be changed during the test, the test may also be stopped if any major bugs occur.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 26
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Hardmoor said:

why is this activated again?

There is nothing unrealistic about it. Tank crews shared with eachother their position per radio. Also quite sure too much Teamkillings. Besides minimap hurts nobody.. 

• Haha 6
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 8
  • Upvote 16

14 minutes ago, JagdEnte said:

There is nothing unrealistic about it. Tank crews shared with eachother their position per radio. Also quite sure too much Teamkillings. Besides minimap hurts nobody.. 

Wow, m8 do you even play SB?

It seems that all those topics players posted their thoughts about this system in SB were not even read by anyone in GJ HQ.

1 hour ago, Stona said:

Fighter with secondary weapons (bombs/rockets)— 450 SP

Same for A6M2 with 2x60kg and for skydiver with 16 rockets and bombs?

We already have been through this - due to SP like that all pilots do not give a damn about ground battle but have dogfights. Tankers just got their vanilla mode again.

And with EC with NEW IMPROVED sound issues you will have a lot of complaints that teams are full of planes.

But hey,  who would need players input in the process, right?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 12
medal medal

1 hour ago, Stona said:

• Allies have markers on the minimap

Yes finnally another test :)
But that feature I may disagree with it, unless you can see only allies at your line of sight or nerby only.

And another question, there still tanks with specifics sp needed? like the jumbo 76 when is vs tigers 2p?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Hardmoor said:

why is this activated again?

That's all?

1 minute ago, Amyel said:

But hey,  who would need players input in the process, right?

Yes, that's why we are asking you for opinion. 

And now take few breaths and focus on topic please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Stona said:

Yes, that's why we are asking you for opinion

Well, then - how come all our input given before - and mind that there's no change to previous game conditions thus all thouse comments still valid - are not taken into consideration as we have again sth great majority of players said it's rubbish?

• Upvote 7
medal medal

Plane spawn is still broken. Spawning a Spitfire with 1 250lb bomb will cost 450 spawn points, spawning a MiG-17 with 2 broken made up rockets that oneshot tanks by missing by 5m will cost 450 spawn points. 

• Upvote 20
medal medal medal

37 minutes ago, JagdEnte said:

1. this would only make sense for tanks that have  a radio operator,

2. we should have voicechat for this

3. teamkilling should not be fought by lowering the standard of gameplay and realism, the game should teach easy ways to distinguish tanks and also punish teamkilling harder.

this feature was originally removed because the playerbase asked for it.

20 minutes ago, Stona said:

That's all?

i have seen other players ask for a SP system in Sim so doing Tests on it is fine, no Simplayer i have talked to or seen on the forums has asked for Minimapmarkers to come back.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 15
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

54 minutes ago, Stona said:

That's all?

It's a fair question from @Hardmoor, why are markers being activated suddenly?

I'd like to know Gaijin's reasoning behind making a change like this. There's nothing wrong with asking for justification for a change and putting the onus on you, as opposed to us having to argue against it while you provide no reasoning for the change in the first place. How about you do your job and answer his question?

I'd personally rather see it kept how it is with absolutely no markers. Tank identification and understanding the flow of a match using voice communication with squad mates, sound cues, and the ingame radio requires a bit more thought than looking at people moving around and disappearing off the minimap. Adding map-markers for allies only takes us closer to Realistic Battles and it's not something I've seen any requests for from the community.

Edited by japes
Grammar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 18
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, japes said:

It's a fair question from @Hardmoor, why are markers being activated suddenly?

I'd like to know Gaijin's reasoning behind making a change like this. There's nothing wrong with asking for justification for a change and putting the onus on you, as opposed to us having to argue against it.

We already have the ability to communicate position via the radio commands. Which is historically accurate for tanks that actually had radios. So is this change simply about preventing/limiting teamkilling? In which case why is the game mode being reduced to meet the lowest common denominator, rather than actually implementing proper methods for reporting/punishing teamkillers?

If not, the meaning of the word "simulator" is being mightily stretched.  

• Upvote 15
medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Baron_Tiberius said:

Probably to preserve the limited feeling of SB.

The only thing i do not like in SB is that "limited" feeling.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, z_e_e_o said:

The only thing i do not like in SB is that "limited" feeling.

Three spawns per player is going to be more than the average Realistic match.

It's capped at 3 because other than spawning 4 SPAA it's not possible to do more anyway.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, japes said:

Three spawns per player is going to be more than the average Realistic match.

It's capped at 3 because other than spawning 4 SPAA it's not possible to do more anyway.

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, JagdEnte said:

Wrong. Tank crews didn't give updates to their exact positions every second. Every so often, a "We're here" message was sent. This is already similar to the T41 "On me!" "Follow me!" command. I've seen this used by most members of the team in most games. Since you only have 30 games in sim, you wouldn't know.

"minimap hurts nobody.." 

Again wrong. The minimap change moves SB closer to RB, while RB is getting closer to AB.

Now, to move away from what you said and to add my own two cents to the change.

The spawn point system, in theory, is good. But the way you're implementing it is not. Planes with bombs/rockets/torpedoes cost 450 regardless of how much you have. As stated earlier, an A6M with 2x60kg bombs costs the same as a P-47 with 2x1000 LB, 1x500 LB, and 10x127mm HVAR rockets. Why aren't points based off of how much/how large the ordnance is? It doesn't make sense.

All of the same type of vehicle cost the same. A Tiger II (P) costs the same as a Tiger H1 in that event. This is an even bigger issue in higher events where the best tanks are already mediums, not counting their extra spawn. In 8_2 (I think) The T-54-1947, a medium, will cost 300 spawn points, where the T26E1-1 will cost 450 for being a heavy, despite the fact that it's worse in every single aspect, gun, armor, mobility, to the T-54. 

Spawn points should be based on how effective a vehicle is in the given event, not if it gets bombs/rockets or if it's classified as a light/medium/heavy.

There's one obvious positive I see from this though. If the enemy has planes, I can take an AA gun to deal with them without having to be stuck in that AA gun when their planes are gone. That's my biggest issue with the current system. If I take a Gepard or Type 87 to deal with MiGs and iL-28s, they just spawn in T-62s or 64s depending on the event and I'm useless for the rest of the game.

tl;dr: spawn point system could be good for sim but it's poorly implemented.

Edited by Butter_Dolphin
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 21
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Butter_Dolphin said:

Spawn points should be based on how effective a vehicle is in the given event, not if it gets bombs/rockets or if it's classified as a light/medium/heavy.

I support that

medal medal medal

7 minutes ago, Butter_Dolphin said:

Spawn points should be based on how effective a vehicle is in the given event, not if it gets bombs/rockets or if it's classified as a light/medium/heavy

i would say yes but it would be impossible because every player has his/her preference and play style basically a vehicles effectiveness is based on the player that uses it

1 minute ago, TerriblyPerfect said:

i would say yes but it would be impossible because every player has his/her preference and play style basically a vehicles effectiveness is based on the player that uses it

no, is not impossible

medal medal medal

Allies have markers on the minimap

Please no, in Sim we do not want markers of any kind. It is about IDing the tanks, we have communication already in the game throught the radio that most of the Sim players use. So pelase no.

• Upvote 16

I agree on the minimap-markers for allied vehicles, it makes the simulator tournaments a lot better so i want to see it in the simulator rotation too. On the spawn points, i think its a superior system to just giving mediums etc 2 spawns and heavies 1, thats too simplified, but i think the spawn point system would need some work too to work out well.

17 minutes ago, DRAGON_SK said:

Allies have markers on the minimap

Please no, in Sim we do not want markers of any kind

I want this. Its in the tournaments, and its way better in my opinion.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, NormandySRII said:

I agree on the minimap-markers for allied vehicles, it makes the simulator tournaments a lot better so i want to see it in the simulator rotation too. On the spawn points, i think its a superior system to just giving mediums etc 2 spawns and heavies 1, thats too simplified, but i think the spawn point system would need some work too to work out well.

I want this. Its in the tournaments, and its way better in my opinion.

Personal opinion, AFAIK most SIm players do not want it :)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6