Sp15

Independent Swedish Ground forces tree

On 24/06/2018 at 07:59, Sp15 said:

Updated the premiums.

If there are any further references you need just ask and I'll look through my collection for some additional data. Looks good so far lets hope the developers take you seriously on this!

medal medal

On 01/07/2018 at 18:33, onemax9000 said:

What about the Königstiger for the heavy line ?

And here’s a list of Sweden tanks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yJy_ekBVD1A&t=12s

eh i mean we bought one tiger 2 for testing in 46 from france and iirc it never worked properly (broken steering) even before we shot it to pieces. I mean i guess its technically possible to add it but i dont think there is any need for it.

as for that list in the YT video... it uh isnt very good.. lets leave it at that.

• Like 2

Well you have a +1 from me. I love the Strv 103 series, maybe to add in the small gun corrections not possible with keyboard the tank could turn slightly with the mouse aim to help aim the fixed gun.

medal

On 02/07/2018 at 21:50, Sp15 said:

eh i mean we bought one tiger 2 for testing in 46 from france and iirc it never worked properly (broken steering) even before we shot it to pieces. I mean i guess its technically possible to add it but i dont think there is any need for it.

as for that list in the YT video... it uh isnt very good.. lets leave it at that.

Could be a Event vehicle. But it should not be in the TT or a prem.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Even though i would like to see swedish tanks in the game i'm a little hesitant about the Strv 103 since it doesn't have any gun traverse like tank destroyers, if i remember correctly it used its suspension to aim so i'm not sure how this could work in war thunder, IMO this tank could only be used as the sniper king since it can't brawl and its very sloped front would make it very hard to kill at long range in a hull down position.

medal

5 hours ago, KIKE92 said:

Even though i would like to see swedish tanks in the game i'm a little hesitant about the Strv 103 since it doesn't have any gun traverse like tank destroyers, if i remember correctly it used its suspension to aim so i'm not sure how this could work in war thunder, IMO this tank could only be used as the sniper king since it can't brawl and its very sloped front would make it very hard to kill at long range in a hull down position.

I don't see how any of that is a problem. Just have the hull raise/lower when you move the mouse cursor up and down the same way it does for any other tank. I don't see how it wouldn't be able to brawl either, it's probably the best or atleast one of the best armoured tanks of the cold war. It would be almost entirely immune to most APDS shells due to the sloping.

Dunno if any one have said any about this tank. Or if you know about it. But here is 1 that can be added as a Rank 6. CV9040 BILL. CV9040-based IFV prototype with a BILL launcher added to the turret. Did not enter production. Armament: 1x 40 mm bofors L70 (230 mm APFSDS) & 1 x 7,62 ksp 58 strv & 2x rbs 56 bill launchers. Was made. And was tested. So think it has a place in the tree :)

http://www.military-today.com/missiles/bill.htm

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Its really too bad nations such as  Denmark Norway and Finland havent really made much in form off tanks and planes but they do have unique variants off other nation gear such as the m41dk1 walker bulldog and the Leopard 2a5dk since that tank has a nice skin that could be used for an event in WT :)

FVHTAG8.jpg

50b648ac383f615a48dec40bc7eafd92.jpg

Edited by eleks12
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal

Why is Stridsvagn 74 in Rank 4? That doesn't make any sense. It basically performs like a slightly better PZIV. Compared to a PZIV H it only has 10mm more penetration, is 6 km/h faster and only has 55mm front armour. Panther D is at 5.7 and has 40mm more pen than Stridsvagn 74, MUCH more armour and it's faster.

Stridsvagn 74 isn't as good as a Panther so why is it in Rank 4? I wouldn't put it any higher than 5.0 at most. It can't go in Rank 4.

It should be moved back into Rank 3 imo. It's much closer to an early 76 Sherman or a PZIV than a Panther.

8 hours ago, Stridswombat said:

Why is Stridsvagn 74 in Rank 4? That doesn't make any sense. It basically performs like a slightly better PZIV. Compared to a PZIV H it only has 10mm more penetration, is 6 km/h faster and only has 55mm front armour. Panther D is at 5.7 and has 40mm more pen than Stridsvagn 74, MUCH more armour and it's faster.

Stridsvagn 74 isn't as good as a Panther so why is it in Rank 4? I wouldn't put it any higher than 5.0 at most. It can't go in Rank 4.

It should be moved back into Rank 3 imo. It's much closer to an early 76 Sherman or a PZIV than a Panther.

It has 260 mm pen 0m at 90 dg

medal medal medal

The Kranvagn looks especially cool. The turret wasn't built, correct? It only ever reached the wooden mock-up stage?

EMIL-TANK-SWEDEN.jpg

Although even though if the turret wasn't built, there is already precedent in War Thunder to include similar vehicles. The Flakpanzer Coelian also only ever had a wooden mock-up of its turret finished, but it's in War Thunder anyways. So I don't think there will be too much of a problem adding the KRV.

82vh4dnbabh11.jpg

I did have a couple questions about the gun that was planned for it. From what I've read, there were multiple guns considered, including a 105mm and 12cm. Was the 15cm gun the final one chosen by the time the project ended? Also, looking at the old FTR article on it you (@Sp15) did mention that APDS was also planned, do you think that it should be included?

For those of you who want to follow the progress on the research for the tree more closely (ore just want some more info on vehicles than what is available here) i have created a blog where i will publish various things from the Swedish archives as well as articles on specific vehicles. If you are interested the blog can be found at: https://fromtheswedisharchives.wordpress.com/

Not because I myself am Swedish, I nevertheless really rate the idea of a full Swedish tech tree as it does actually have some variety. The tanks are very different in their own way compared to the already exiting nations. The aircraft Sweden has produced are also quite remarkable and I could see them fitting very well in the game. I really just hope that we'll see the nation come to War Thunder to bring something new and unique. I am quite tired of the nations of which have plenty of vehicles from the US and what not.

Sweden can be a new country to both air and ground, as it has enough vehicles which can be added into this game

Edited by Lurking_Eyes
medal medal medal medal medal

I think it would be great to have Sweden. And if Gaijin doesn't feel it's enough for a tree, maybe they can add other Scandinavian countries to fill up. But I got the impression Sweden has enough material.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

its nice and interesting ofc....its just WT's problem with post ww2 and ww2 vehicles mixing...The Italian Ferrari pizza transporters are enough treachery already.and am seeing post-war tanks amongst Panthers again...

Isnt there any way to push the post war vehicles higher up even just a bit ?

Edited by Jacky95
  • Confused 1

I would play the hell out of this nation. I really hope this year is the year they come. 

• Like 2
medal medal

This will be a fantastic addition to the game and will really bring up some hot debate.

One of the big reasons I'd like to see a Swedish tech tree just since they have independently made alot of their own Airforces and Armor divisions, where will be honest Italy's air tree is already stretched thin and isn't going to get alot more interesting.

Swedish tree would be very interesting with numerous models, bit like french tree.

Definitely one of the nations I'm eagerly waiting for Gaijin to hopefully add.  I'd love to see them at very least start with Swedish Airforces added.

There is a few gems from Scandinavian Armor/Air but few in general compared to Sweden alone.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 01/07/2018 at 18:33, onemax9000 said:

What about the Königstiger for the heavy line ?

And here’s a list of Sweden tanks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yJy_ekBVD1A&t=12s

That was bought after the war, yes? 

It could be in the game sure, but as far as i know, it was only to be studied and they only had one? 

On 24/03/2019 at 11:35, Speedynp said:

Not because I myself am Swedish, I nevertheless really rate the idea of a full Swedish tech tree as it does actually have some variety. The tanks are very different in their own way compared to the already exiting nations. The aircraft Sweden has produced are also quite remarkable and I could see them fitting very well in the game. I really just hope that we'll see the nation come to War Thunder to bring something new and unique. I am quite tired of the nations of which have plenty of vehicles from the US and what not.

Gaijin has released one new nation ever yer now the last 3 years, so it's possible that sweden is the next one. But we will have to wait and see. 

medal

i'm up for this, IMO sweden is the next nation in game simply because there is no better option. chinese tt has been denied and no other nation comes to mind with this many authentic ground and air vehicles. although swedish ground tree is more suited than swedish air tree to be added to the game, the air tree has been passed to the developers but this one hasn't but i hope it does. this could mean swedish air tree could come first but looking at the remaining updates for this year next update Q2 is jp navy, Q3 is a minor filler update and Q4 for the past 5 years has been the addition of a new ground tree which hints to the addition of this tree but gaijin might break the chain and release air sweden. regardless sweden fully deserves to be a stand alone nation and will be one by the end of this year.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

IMO they should add Finnish planes to the Swedish Tech Tree. So we get more WW2 planes, For exempel the 

Mörkö Morane (Modified French MS.406)

VL Humu (Copie of the Brewster B-239) 

VL Myrsky 

VL Pyörremyrsky 

• Upvote 1