Sp15

Independent Swedish Ground forces tree

LOL hi sp15 i been wanting to ask and suggest things on your threads for a while but they were always on north american server. 

I saw your status report page about this tree and good luck with Gaijin, they have had a good track record in the past year! Italy and france aswell as french tanks. 

Anyway so i was wondering why theres so many paper tanks on the tech tree. Also would gaijin trust you after that WoT leak? BTW Is there anything useful i can do in the helsingborg area in archives when i visit family there?

On 2018-03-12 at 4:19 PM, Monkeymaddness said:

LOL hi sp15 i been wanting to ask and suggest things on your threads for a while but they were always on north american server. 

I saw your status report page about this tree and good luck with Gaijin, they have had a good track record in the past year! Italy and france aswell as french tanks. 

Anyway so i was wondering why theres so many paper tanks on the tech tree. Also would gaijin trust you after that WoT leak? BTW Is there anything useful i can do in the helsingborg area in archives when i visit family there?

first off all of these were built in some form at least, none are just paper. secondly i never signed any nda for wot so there are no technical "leaks" to speak of.

• Upvote 2

On 12/21/2017 at 11:30 AM, Sp15 said:

The only concern i have about the Strf 90 TML is that it might be a tiny bit too modern for WT (built in 94) and that i dont know the gun performance, i have the hull armor, stats and one or two drawings for it. I dont really understand what you mean about the Landsverk tanks, because putting all the stuff they built into one line would mean putting 70% of the low to mid tier stuff in the same line. As for paper projects all of the vehicles in my tree are at least prototypes, all of them were built but some like UDES 03 not neccesarily completed (but thats why its listed as a premium). The Lvkan 4501 might have some issues but given how little info there is available for it (and none of which specifically states it has to be deployed to fire) i think its fair game right now.

Also im curious what vehicles you think are missing, i mean i guess there are Strf 90 versions but those are not that usefull as they lack ATGM's (except one prototype) and they are also apart from the very first prototype more modern than anything in WT right now.

The newest tank in game is from 1995, AMX-30B2 Brennus

medal medal medal medal

YES, JUST YES. I want to be able to shoot Swedish Meatballs at the enemy while buying stuff from IKEA. +1

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Since it's a neutral country during WWII and beyond idk how gaijin will put it on teams. Oh wait, maybe, They'll pair it with the russians always so they wont have to face how OP this nation would be. Like the French-RU combo and it's always Murica, Brits, Japan and Germany cleaning up after all this mess. Still I salute this suggestion good sir. Well done! :good:

medal

+1 Good work man, hope the Swedish tech tree will be released to war thunder in the future.

Edited by Max_Ljunggren
medal medal medal medal medal

On 6/5/2018 at 9:52 AM, Sp15 said:

Amazing! I love weird-looking planes, it's the only aspect of World of Warplanes that I envy.

Anyway, great nice tree! I didn't know there were so many interesting tanks (besides the Strv103), I am actually excited to see it happens! As soon as the italian tree is completed I will move on to supporting this tree.

P.S.
In another thread I found this link by blockhaj with a list of Swedish vehicle, you probably have already seen it though.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VV5AQmQhPLTSKhxrEkkpwoK0xkNyKnWUhKsaRvOAhTU/edit#gid=0

Edited by Sarblade
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Loved the Swedish techtree in WoT. I really miss my UDES and Emil from that game..

On 06/02/2018 at 13:52, ChiliChese said:

Oi! I can recomend this page,sadly you cant change the language , its for the air force: http://www.flygvapenmuseum.se/samlingar/flygplan/#?placement=14&page=5

Kämpa Kämpa!:gunner:

Just use Chrome and let Chrome translate it for you.

This thread needs more love. Do you guys think we'll get the Swedish tech tree next?

I added some more Rank 6 vehicles and updated the description a bit as well as adding descriptions to some vehicles.

• Like 1

I would be so happy if they would add this, one of the only reasons that I go back and play WoT from time to time instead of War Thunder is because WoT has a Swedish line and if WT added swedish tanks I would be playing WT sooooooo much.

Because as a swede I would be very happy to play in a Strv 103B and shooting all of the russian tanks ;)

But really, got to say. Great research :)  And I hope Gajin decides to add this into the game!

This is going to be my first batch of posts on this thread. I own a few copies of the "Taschenuch der Panzer" series by F.M. von Senger und Etterlin, thus I will be sharing what I have on Swedish tanks to help boost this suggestion. This first one will be on the Pbv302 AFV as it does not appear it has been listed. 

Pbv302 #1.jpg

Pbv302 #2.jpg

Edited by Private_Wolk
medal medal

19 hours ago, Private_Wolk said:

This is going to be my first batch of posts on this thread. I own a few copies of the "Taschenuch der Panzer" series by F.M. von Senger und Etterlin, thus I will be sharing what I have on Swedish tanks to help boost this suggestion. This first one will be on the Pbv302 AFV as it does not appear it has been listed.

Im well aware of it but i dont really think it has any real place in WT right now, i mean no other nations have their APC's and the 20mm autocannon and lack of armor would make the vehicle pretty much useless.
Anyhow thank you for the comment.

Hey Sp15!

I've heard that a few Ikv 103s were experimentally fitted with a 230hp engine.

Is this true, and if it is, would it fit in the tree as premium maybe?

medal medal medal

On 14/12/2017 at 01:26, Validuz said:

I mean... Honestly guys. This tree looks far more fleshed out. Far more interesting. Far more PLAYABLE than the Japanese tree that's been in the game for over a year.

I know of an additional 3-4 vehicles(ATGM/Recoilles wheeled cars) they could add just on the top of my head for a total of 70~ ground vehicles! Far more than the japan tree! :I
And then we don't have 'lendlease' - 'captured' or 'unique' vehicles in this list either. C'mon.

I might be biased but if we have the japanese. I don't see why this isn't a thing.

First of all, while i'm supporting the Swedish tree and would like to grind to its final tier (which btw i don't do that for other nation but so far only for Japan) i do not see the point of comparing it to the Japanese tree.

Second, we have Japan is because Japanese tree has been in the game since WT existed started with air forces! Japan is a major Axis country alongside with the Germany that played the biggest role of WW2. Not giving Japan its own ground forces when they actually had ground forces would make less sense than to spending time on Japanese ground foces!

FYI the Japanese ground forces community does exist so are the players who play this tree including me, just keep that in mind.

The reason the Japanese tree is so small isn't because Japan is lacking of vehicle in real life but because some tanks mostly from WW2 era are still not being worked on. Especially with the current state the devs are crazed for Tier 6 vehicles the chances of seeing these Japanese tanks or WW2 vehicle in general is even lesser. 

medal medal medal medal

On 21/06/2018 at 00:50, NirvanaFagel said:

Hey Sp15!

I've heard that a few Ikv 103s were experimentally fitted with a 230hp engine.

Is this true, and if it is, would it fit in the tree as premium maybe?

It is true.
Im not 100% sure they would be viable but a ikv 103 with a power to weight ratio over 25 hp/t would be pretty neat.