Oxynium

How thick E-100 is?

What are the exact armor values for E-100? Today i managed to completely flank E-100 with T-44-100 armed with D shells (240mm pen). I tried 2 shots in lower back plate, 2 shots in turret back, few ones in turret side. Nothing worked. How the hell that thing can be totally immune to 240mm pen shells from any side?!

Come on, I know these things should be immune to everything from frons/side, but when I flank them completely and shot their back from point blank range they should be destroyed. Otherwise they're completely OP.

And they can't be even viewed in armor viewer... That just sucks.

screenshot_2017_12_07_at_00_12_32.jpg

Nice fake stats on official War Thunder wiki... Or somehow 150mm armor can magically repel 240mm pen bullets from point blank range, unangled.

Edited by Oxynium

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

Please use the correct forum sections. Moved to > Machinery of War Discussion > Ground Forces Discussion > Germany > Heavy Vehicles
medal medal medal medal medal medal

150mm of angled armour can repel your 240mm penetration shells depending on what angle you shoot them at. If you shoot his turret or hull while its angled, the armour will simply bounce it. Also since you mention that you shot 150mm of armour, do note the lower glacis plate of the E-100 is angled downward and AP rounds when hitting an armour plate while its angled is prone to deflecting if it does not have enough penetration to go through. Also please look at your T-44-100's AP round statistics when it penetrates at certain angles, as 240mm penetration is only when the shell hits 90 degrees straight on at unangled armour.

Also the statistics of the Official War Thunder wiki is not fake, the information in that area is used from the game files and historical data.

Anyway I do hope that answers everything for you.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hit to back lower plate, hit to side turret... All useless. How in the world is that balanced in any way?

So you're confirming that this vehicle is totally immune from all sides and ranges to 240mm pen bullets? And even after flanking it from behind I'm unable to take it out?

0:38 in video.. Point blank hit at unangled 200mm plate. 240mm pen still not enough. FAKE STATS

Edited by Oxynium

Maybe as a quiet reward to people winning it in tournaments it has the same issue the IS-6’s turret front had for a year.

The plates act like they’re thicker than they actually are.

1st shot is interesting, whenever a shot hits an armour section it gets highlighted in the hit cam

impact1e100.png.bc3efa9b719db75d8319c076

Looks like you either hit the lower part outside of the hull after penetrating the rear plate or there's an additional wall of armour around the engine.

2nd shot: 200mm of armour sloped 30 degrees in addition to the extra angle by shooting up at it, you're looking at a 60ish degree impact angle for the shell easily

3rd:

3 hours ago, Oxynium said:

0:38 in video.. Point blank hit at unangled 200mm plate. 240mm pen still not enough. FAKE STATS

Ties with the last part, being right behind it your gun was elevated at a really high angle for that shot, the shell didn't hit the rear plate flat on.

Edited by *RAazzy91
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, *RAazzy91 said:

Looks like you either hit the lower part outside of the hull after penetrating the rear plate or there's an additional wall of armour around the engine.

There is. Logic would state that there are extra armour plates splitting the E-100 into sections, like on the Maus. If the Maus is anything to go by, they'll be 30mm (You can see the Maus' ones in the armour viewer via the grille underneath the cannon barrel's base). After having it's pen greatly lowered by the back plate, your shell impacted these plates at a very sharp angle and failed to penetrate.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

12 hours ago, Oxynium said:

Hit to back lower plate, hit to side turret... All useless. How in the world is that balanced in any way?

So you're confirming that this vehicle is totally immune from all sides and ranges to 240mm pen bullets? And even after flanking it from behind I'm unable to take it out?

Before I get into explanation, understand that the turret is the same as the Maus one. The hull stats are correct on the site you found, except for the side; the side has 120mm (correct me if I'm wrong) + 75mm sideskirts. This renders HEAT/HEATFS/HE/APHE/APCBC-HE ammo next to useless because the fuse triggers by the time the shell reaches the inner 120mm of armor.

THE BACK SHOT 

You need to understand that the E100 is essentially a KTH hull with additional side skirts around it. From what I see in the video, you shot exactly where the hull itself and the sideskirts get together, aka you scraped the hull, resulting in no pen.

THE FIRST TURRET SHOT

Shooting the Maus/E100 turret from the side in a tank that is significantly shorter will result in a bounce... it's a 200mm of very angled armor for you there, you can't expect to pen that.

THE TURRET BACK SHOT

Again, look at the hit cam (and even the way you're positioned). You're much shorter than the E100, creating a huge angle at that distance.... "point blank" is actually a disadvantage for you here, you should go for longer distance shots to even out the heigh difference.

Edited by Rayback20
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Yeah had T62 just bounce of that thing with 350mm pen ,laughable game mechanics.What is it with the German players?They have one of the best guns in the game with the leopard,fast mobile and it even gets a lowered BR and they dust of the maus and E100 for armor protection at a level that the medium and MBT is king,it's like using a battleship in the era of jet aircraft ,the Leo got figured out by the other countries and the E100/Maus combo will be countered and then where do they go?

4 hours ago, *thedeputy99 said:

Yeah had T62 just bounce of that thing with 350mm pen ,laughable game mechanics.What is it with the German players?They have one of the best guns in the game with the leopard,fast mobile and it even gets a lowered BR and they dust of the maus and E100 for armor protection at a level that the medium and MBT is king,it's like using a battleship in the era of jet aircraft ,the Leo got figured out by the other countries and the E100/Maus combo will be countered and then where do they go?

Look at sloped pen stats. 

There is a spall shield all around the engine. The back of the E-100 has many other things all over which has armor modeled for it. That could mess with an aphe fuse. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

"wow a Russian player complains that he cant continue his point and click adventure".... sorry had to do this...

But for real i still dont get it, you got the Guns, Armor AND Mobility to kill the Maus/E100 from most sides and still complain if you shoot a strange spot or an angled on ? comon really ?

And yes God bless RNG happens on the German side too... so L2P

• Upvote 3

What's the point of a tank if at close range it can't point and shoot,oh yeah in real life I guess through all the smoke and panic they used to stake their life on hitting the gunners optics,all modern assault rifles are based on a point and shoot principle.

1st shot: You hit the armored exhaust quard that is 80-100mm thick at extreme angle + 150mm of sloped rear hull armor behind it. No wonder it didn't do anything.

lL31Hsk.png

2nd shot: You shot the 200mm turret side while aiming upwards increasing the slope effectiveness a lot.

3rd shot: Same as 2nd.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

32 minutes ago, *thedeputy99 said:

What's the point of a tank if at close range it can't point and shoot,oh yeah in real life I guess through all the smoke and panic they used to stake their life on hitting the gunners optics,all modern assault rifles are based on a point and shoot principle.

well ok ireally dont know what you are trying to say here....

and me (example in a King Tiger aka Tiger II H) cant just point and click on lets say a IS6 i need to aim for a Weakspot that is as big as a Pot at 50m so? I need to LEARN where to SHOOT and not point and click and wonder why i cant shoot throu a spot where my grenade flies to a 300mm+ point and my nade got lets say 280 mm of penetration.

Well i dont think the crew of a T44/100 would had faced a E100 in Real Life... as much i know the Tanks that where in Berlin where Is2 and T34/85 ISU152 and so on... but i know what you mean and i really dont thing this would happen cuz they are covered in the Tank and if it dosent pentrate then nothing happens... maybe a scratch or you destroy optic ports and so on...

Yes thats true that Every Rifle is based on the Point and shoot Principle but its the same game, lets say you take a AK47 (axaxaxa) and shoot someone in the Toes... you hurt him yes, he bleeds yes ( its human duh.) but you dont kill him on an instant other goes for other bodyparts, the same is with tanks.

In reality if a tank is just damaged it's out of the battle,combat ineffective(the same with the guy shot in the foot!).The trouble in this game is that tank can be repaired and shoot you back ,in some cases before you can reload,so the ridiculous pursuit of realistic ammo effects is rendered moot by the repair system,so really every tank in the game should have point and shoot capability depending on its penetration value and the armor of its opponent,any tank that's bouncing everything should either be modified or eliminated as too strong for its BR.Unreliable ammo should be made more reliable or damage repair should take a lot longer.

Edited by *thedeputy99

On 7.12.2017 at 12:32 AM, Oxynium said:

back plate you hit the overlapping exhaust, 150mm rear plate angled and angled engine walls.

all other shots where too close shooting upwards, resulting in an 200mm angled plate, now check you angled penetration stats

next time just:

-hit the lower side between the tracks and wheels

-turret ring (hello pixel sized shells)

-shottrap him

-mg port in front of turret, only 5mm of steel lol (hello pixel sized shells again)

-or hit any flat part 200mm or less

Edited by *CptCosmic
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

On 7.12.2017 at 9:50 PM, *thedeputy99 said:

In reality if a tank is just damaged it's out of the battle,combat ineffective(the same with the guy shot in the foot!).The trouble in this game is that tank can be repaired and shoot you back ,in some cases before you can reload,so the ridiculous pursuit of realistic ammo effects is rendered moot by the repair system,so really every tank in the game should have point and shoot capability depending on its penetration value and the armor of its opponent,any tank that's bouncing everything should either be modified or eliminated as too strong for its BR.Unreliable ammo should be made more reliable or damage repair should take a lot longer.

so you are saying Russian ammo is underperforming ? thats what i read out of that Answer... and i disagree with that ammo thingy... the other thing is, well it would be realistic if you need to repair your tank for 2-4 Hours if you get a Track shot off... but do we really want this ? And the thing about the "point and shoot" capability you are talking about... you are fighting a 1942 desing with a 1946-47 desing and complain about oneshot capabilitys ? you just got Pros in a T44/100... Good Gun, Godly Mobility, Good armor, Quiet, Low Profile, angled Frontplate, kinda RNG Damagemodel and so on... and i really dont say the E100 or the Maus are weak but in comparison to a MEDIUM T44/100 they are pretty much ****... yes you can have good runns with it.... someone more, someone less.... but youre still a hunk of metal thats slow and HUGE...

and the Last thing... shoot it in the Side of the Hull and its dead. Period. Or even the Frontal Turret so have fun shooting at a huge weakspot... but if you are slow then you are dead if you fight against a E100 or a Maus

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/7/2017 at 9:31 AM, PickleJarOfDeath said:

Look at sloped pen stats. 

There is a spall shield all around the engine. The back of the E-100 has many other things all over which has armor modeled for it. That could mess with an aphe fuse

Not to mention the tank has 150 or so mm of armor on the back :016:

So, it is the exhaust and other stuff that set off the fuse. It is the main armor that the shell spat spalling all over. Even if it perforated the thick plate there is the spall shield inside the tank all around the engine.

Exhaust "armor" triggers fuse. Fuse detonates HE filler. Shell explodes before passing through the plate. This thread should be gone already.

medal medal medal

On 7-12-2017 at 12:32 AM, Oxynium said:

Tsk tsk tsk, you little nooby. I have the E-100. Got it during the first (yes, that hardcore, yet absolute aweful event) tournament 2 full years ago. You showed me EXACTLY why I can not trust posts of random players on this forum. 

It's almost laughable how much you waste your shots, and yet have the guts to come here on this forum and act like the E-100 is magical, and you're the victim of that mean bogeyman. How about you learn how to play? Perhaps having used all those Russian tanks in the brs before made you lazy?

You CONSTANTLY aim UPWARDS at a 200mm NATURALLY ANGLED turret. The backside of the Maus/E-100 turret? 200mm. Angled naturally? Idk, like 220mm effective. You aiming upwards? 330+ mm effective wouldn't surprise me. The exact same goes for the side of the turret.

Then you also decided that it would be smart to hit the backside of an E-100 where you hit the extra armour around the exhaust. Again, poorly aimed, no thought put into your approach. No back-up plan, nothing.

And then you also complain about the 150mm lower plate? Seriously? The fact that 269mm of pen (128mm from Germany) can't pen the ufp of the T-54 1947 (what was it, 120mm?) shows the chance of success your 240mm has penetrating the E-100. Heck, even 100mm of the other T-54/T-62 tanks bounce that 269mm shell 30% of the time. The effective lfp of the E-100 is, when looking at you head-on, about 270mm. A slight angle increases it well above the 300 range, and a 45 degrees angle makes you unable to penetrate anywhere on the hull.

If you were hoping for me to share all the useful (turret ring isn't useful) weak-spots of the E-100 I found out during my 2 years of playing, then you're mistaken. I'll take those with me to the grave ;)

rsz_mr_burns_evil_7487.gif

Edited by Philip8
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal

German players win something because they always had the best tanks.
Always mimimi (always cry and Gaijin answers) kkkk ....
This E100 is practically indestructible, I already watched a T54 give more than 6 shots in every possible place and he did not die kkkk in this battle the E100 killed 9 and he did not die.
This and balanced game ..... NO

Another thing, compare T64 (junk tank or just walk forward) with KPK kkk
I do not play more level 6 because it is only passing anger, when Gaijin balances the battle with a decent Russian tank I come back. German players stop crying kkk ..

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

6 hours ago, dragonloko said:

This E100 is practically indestructible, I already watched a T54 give more than 6 shots in every possible place and he did not die kkkk in this battle the E100 killed 9 and he did not die.

then it was a bad t54 driver.

shot trap

flat turret front parts

mg port in turret

turret ring

lower part of side armor

all of those spots can be reliable penetrated even by the soviet APHE shell whereas the e100 can only reliable penetrate the t54 at specific spots which are way smaller than any of the e100 weakspots due to overperfoming angle modifiers otherwise it is pure RNG (or it gets absorbed by fuel tanks and optics)

Edited by *CptCosmic
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

On 29.12.2017 at 11:02 AM, *CptCosmic said:

then it was a bad t54 driver.

shot trap

flat turret front parts

mg port in turret

turret ring

lower part of side armor

all of those spots can be reliable penetrated even by the soviet APHE shell whereas the e100 can only reliable penetrate the t54 at specific spots which are way smaller than any of the e100 weakspots due to overperfoming angle modifiers otherwise it is pure RNG (or it gets absorbed by fuel tanks and optics)

Just dont Aswer that Troll...

If we Germans cant kill a Tank throu a Weakspot (aka. IS6 Turretfront/Cupola) they say: Ace, Wehaboo, Learn too play, L2P Issue and so on

BUT IF THEY need to shoot at Minamalistic Spots its : 

On 29.12.2017 at 4:35 AM, dragonloko said:

German players win something because they always had the best tanks.
Always mimimi (always cry and Gaijin answers) kkkk ....

Another thing, compare T64 (junk tank or just walk forward) with KPK kkk
I do not play more level 6 because it is only passing anger, when Gaijin balances the battle with a decent Russian tank I come back. German players stop crying kkk ..

Unfair, Unbalanced, Junk Tank and so on..

Edited by Deadmmann
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Deadmmann said:

Just dont Aswer that Troll...

If we Germans cant kill a Tank throu a Weakspot (aka. IS6 Turretfront/Cupola) they say: Ace, Wehraboo, Learn too play, L2P Issue and so on

Anybody with a Stahlhelm in their profile pic is suspicious.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

On 29.12.2017 at 4:11 PM, X_Alt said:

Anybody with a Stahlhelm in their profile pic is suspicious.

Same could be said about someone with a British soldier and surrendering German tank crew member in the profile pic.

A lot of people have their preferences about certain nations' war machines. Nothing wrong in that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

18 hours ago, _Wingman_ said:

Same could be said about someone with a British soldier and surrendering German tank crew member in the profile pic.

A lot of people have their preferences about certain nations' war machines. Nothing wrong in that.

THANK YOU!