Guest frq

game not launching

After clicking play button in the launcher nothing happens. Reinstalling and other software ticks doesn't work. Halp pls

You could try running the game directly by opening the client.

try running the 32bit instead of the 64bit client by setting the 64bit option to 'off' in the advanced settings of the launcher

(gear icon next to the graphics presets - the 64bit option is in the lower left corner)

medal medal medal

well... try to find what you guys got in common ? there gotta be a reason for this...

1. what operating systems are you using ?

2. are you running the standalone client or are you running the game from Steam ?

3. what videocards and cpus do you have ?

4. are you running a desktop system or a laptop ?

5. what kind of security software do you have (anti virus / internet security and / or additional tools) ?

6. does the game even create a game log (clog file in the ..\War Thunder\.game_logs\ folder) when you try to start it ?

medal medal medal

On 9.12.2017 at 3:34 PM, COC__56 said:

ı have the same problem too please help us 

Check if your cmd.exe works. Mine doesn't and I suspect thats the issue.

FIXED!

Here are the steps to solve my problem stolen from the internet:

1.a) Open Run (windows key + r) and enter "%appdata%" without quotes and press enter.

1.b) Go to the Microsoft folder and delete the SoundMixer folder contained within (This is the mining software).

1.c) Open Run and enter "regedit.exe" without quotes.

1.d) Find the registry entry mentioned in the OP ([HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor]) and remove it. This entry attempts to run the miner whenever a CMD is started.

2.a) Go to the winlogon registry entry in the same regedit software ([HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon])

2.b) Check the sub-key named "shell" and change its value to "explorer.exe" without the quotes. (This means when you log onto windows it will no longer attempt to run the miner and instead start up normally.)

My antivirus deleted malware but left registry entries. WT launcher is using cmd to pass parameters to the game exe and was unable to do so because of that. Everything works fine now.

• Thanks 2

I am also having launch issues, but I'm not keen on editing the reg, and I couldn't find to do with soundmixer - I ran a deep AVG scan - found a couple of things, but not soundmixer or anything resembling it.

This is the error I get:

Capture.JPG.9a876b4a999f5c0db471faf7b7db

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, frqgrenade said:

Check if your cmd.exe works. Mine doesn't and I suspect thats the issue.

How would I do this?

On Win 10, i5 4440 PCU, GTX1070 8 gb, 16 Gb Ram....

Also tried using WIP client and Dev server - both just stuck at "Preparing to download"

TRied switching bewtween 32 and 64 bit - stuck at "copying files" - no actual copy volume displayed.

If I shut down and restart WT it goes back to the same stage of loading - if I was loading the Dev server it goes straight to it - have to shut down computer to restart.

Oh - something new - just shutdown computer and restarted WT - it's in Czech!  Change language to English....   comes up with same error as above. Trying "latest installer"

Edited by Josephs_Piano

35 minutes ago, Josephs_Piano said:

This is the error I get:

Capture.JPG.9a876b4a999f5c0db471faf7b7db

this actually looks as if your anti virus software may block the extraction of one (or more of the) archive(s) like the pc.zip or pc64.zip.

check the logs (and or quarantine / virus checst / virus container) of your anti virus software for any messages / files related to War

Thunder.

t may be worth to either temporarily disable the anti vorus software while updating the game or add the War Thunder to folder to the

exception list of your av software. since this lowers the security of your system do this at your own discetion and risk only. (and dont

forget to re-enable the av software after the update process again ^^)

you could also have a look into the launcher logs (located in the ..\War Thunder\.launcher_log\ folder) because in those logs all errors

should be shown and maybe the error message can shed some light on this... since the logs are somewhat difficult to read you could

ofc upload one or two recent ones here so we may have a look into them.

medal medal medal

Thanks - I'ver tried setting up and exception for WT - no change.  I guess I'll wait until 1.75 comes out and try again.

Thats looks like different issue altogether. I didn't get any popup.

Just for further reference:

You can run cmd by clicking windows start button and typing cmd, should find app called command line or terminal or something and then enter. If you get black window then this part of your system is fine. Soundmixer virus causes cmd window to start minimalised and close after half a second.

ok thanks - yes I got the black window for cmd with an old doss-looking prompt so guess that isn't it.  

1.75 stuck at "preparing to download" :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josephs_Piano said:

1.75 stuck at "preparing to download"

could you maybe upload the latest (or even two or three) launcher log(s) from the ..\War Thunder\.launcher_log\  folder ?!

medal medal medal

yes I'll do that when I get home - I'll raise a proper bug report - New Zealand is several hours out from most of you folk in terms of time zones so I'm at work right now...   left the computer "preparing to download" this morning - expecting it to still be there when I get home in about 6 hrs :/

ETA:  Yep still stuck there - logs: (1st 4 are launcher logs, last 2 are start app logs)

2017_12_20_07_41_38__9728.txt

2017_12_20_07_42_41__9824.txt

2017_12_20_07_40_14__4044.txt

2017_12_20_07_40_17__8032.txt

2017_12_20_07_40_15_10788.txt

2017_12_20_07_41_39_8548.txt

Edited by Josephs_Piano
  • Like 1

I have exactly the same issues with the launcher.exe file. My War Thunder has been running with out any problems .. but then 

suddently I have got a file "gaijin.net" on my desktop ..and then nothing is working in Windows. I tried to run the aces.exe directly

as admin .. and was able to start the program.. and realized - that SOMEONE has been changing my tank-lineup and everything

was messed by mixing all kind of different tanks in the lineup. Guess that I have been hacked .. and not only my war-thunder account

has been hacked .. but also my computer.  

medal medal medal

23 hours ago, Josephs_Piano said:

ETA:  Yep still stuck there - logs: (1st 4 are launcher logs, last 2 are start app logs)

there isn't really anything unusual in the logs (at least nothing that would explain the error message you get - and that's unusual in itself oO)

did you already restart your system (and i mean a real restart, notputting the system to sleep mode or hibernation) ? if so - did the launcher

ran (automatically) once the system has restarted ?

i mean the logs look pretty much clean (to me) - there is no indication of any kind of problem... besides the launcher already running maybe.

so there shouldn't really be a problem starting the game / client either imho... weird... very weird...

medal medal medal

34 minutes ago, SollyBam said:

I have exactly the same issues with the launcher.exe file

are you running the game from Steam by any chance ?

34 minutes ago, SollyBam said:

that SOMEONE has been changing my tank-lineup and everything was messed by mixing all kind of different tanks in the lineup.

you still got access to your account i assume ?! in this case you should ofc first change your game account password and maybe

also add 2step authorization...

if you have (only) been using the Steam login yet this may help changing your password (haven't tried it myself since i dont use

Steam for WT) - https://support.gaijin.net/hc/en-us/articles/208179375-General-information-on-your-account-registered-via-Steam

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, relliK said:

there isn't really anything unusual in the logs (at least nothing that would explain the error message you get - and that's unusual in itself oO)

did you already restart your system (and i mean a real restart, notputting the system to sleep mode or hibernation) ? if so - did the launcher

ran (automatically) once the system has restarted ?

i mean the logs look pretty much clean (to me) - there is no indication of any kind of problem... besides the launcher already running maybe.

so there shouldn't really be a problem starting the game / client either imho... weird... very weird...

Yes restarted a few times for various other things - AVG update, and a similar problem with FeForce Experience which I suspect is probably related - it won't connect to NVidia - the Cust Spt ppl at nVidia are working me through some super secret stuff (there are some check files as part of GFE that are disabled by being renamed - if you name them back to .exe then they work....) to check that out - all the easy and obvious solutions haven't worked.

Yes the launcher did try at least once to run after restart - also it wouldn't shut down properly - I presumed that's the Gaijin net agent checking for updates, so I disabled it.....

WEll this is embarrassing - AVG is the problem - turned it off and hey presto.... :O

Hope it (AVG) works ok once d/l is finished.....

Thanks everyone who had a crack at helping me

21 hours ago, relliK said:

you still got access to your account i assume ?! in this case you should ofc first change your game account password and maybe

also add 2step authorization...

I could start the aces.exe directly (and no, I'm not using Steam) - but I cannot start the launcher.exe. When I write "could start" then I'm not able to start the aces.exe after the new release.

medal medal medal

47 minutes ago, SollyBam said:

I could start the aces.exe directly (and no, I'm not using Steam) - but I cannot start the launcher.exe.

reinstall (or rather overinstall) the launcher i'd say - https://yupmaster.gaijinent.com/launcher/current.php?id=WarThunderLauncher

when you run the installer make sure the install path / destination folder is set to your current WT game folder (and doublecheck

that it doesn't add another ..\War Thunder\  at the end of the path if you have to select the path / folder manually)

49 minutes ago, SollyBam said:

When I write "could start" then I'm not able to start the aces.exe after the new release

what happens when you try to start the game via the aces.exe ? do you get any error message or does the screen just go black ?!

medal medal medal

On 21/12/2017 at 7:40 PM, relliK said:

what happens when you try to start the game via the aces.exe ? do you get any error message or does the screen just go black ?!

I get an error - saying that I need to update the client.. but as I cannot start the launcher .. I cannot update the client. 

However ... I have solved it, by purchasing a new harddisk and installing windows-10 .. reinstalled WT .. and now I'm back. It all started when I noticed that I have got the gaijn.net file on my desktop .. something I have not installed. 

medal medal medal