Ouiche

Update 30.11.2017 (Server Update)

Maintenance%20(5).jpg

• An animation for the selection frame in the menu when navigating with a gamepad has been added.
  • The appearance of the profile information panel has been improved.
  • Navigation through the interface with a gamepad has been improved.

Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:

• IS-6 and IS-3: The armour of the central part of the mantlet has been corrected. Previously the central part of the mantlet provided heavier protection than the specified thickness of the armour.
  • BMP-1 - now the commander is not required to be able to launch ATGM. Control has been allocated to the gunner.
  • Obj. 906 - Control for the coupled machine gun has been allocated to the gunner.

Location and mission updates:

• Sands of Sinai (AB):
    • Location of the respawn zones has been changed;
    • Briefing for different game modes (AB, RB. SB) has been added.
    • The battle zone has been increased to two kilometres. 
  • Sinai: 
    • A bug with the display of the capture zones in the location was incorrect has been fixed.
  • Kursk: 
    • A bug where the mission [Conquest] was launched in the wrong game mode has been fixed.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Was there really a need to add that little animation when selecting an item? It's annoying and doesn't really add any improvement.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Sinai: 
  • A bug with the display of the capture zones in the location was incorrect has been fixed.

You mean it was accidentally deleted right? They weren't "incorrectly dispalyed" but they simply were not there (although a white ring was present, it had no function)

2 hours ago, Ouiche said:
  • IS-6 and IS-3: The armour of the central part of the mantlet has been corrected. Previously the central part of the mantlet provided heavier protection than the specified thickness of the armour.

I didn't notice it on the IS-3, but it's true, this part had 150mm on "armorThrough"

Spoiler

fApLgbl.jpg

gun_mask_dm it's this part

Spoiler

"turret": {
        "armorClass": "CHA_tank",
        "gun_barrel_armor_dm": {
          "armorThickness": 250.0
        },
        "gun_mask_dm": {
          "armorThickness": 100.0,
          "armorThrough": 150.0,
          "hp": 10000.0

the aces.vromfs.bin didn't update so I can't really how they were changed, BUT

I can 100% confirm the IS-6's mantlet was Nerfed, now you can pen both mantlet parts with a shell with a just a bit more than 200mm of penetration

you can now pen both mantlet parts without problem with a long 88mm APCBC for example:

Spoiler

hLloFMx.jpg

vZB1sdh.jpg

Luf08n9.jpg

RnwS8Oz.jpg

RtcYb88.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal

Very nice to see the IS-6 finally getting the mantlet thickness corrected. I own the thing and it kinda felt dirty even when slightly uptiered to 7.7. 

Also, good to see that you all saw the outcry on the forums about certain maps shrinking and reverted them. 

Mozdok in RB, however, still needs to be expanded to what it was in 1.69. The northern and southern flanking passes are now partially or wholly unavailable and as a result the map is just a kill zone for anyone with potent guns and great optics. I'd actually prefer to see all the Sim-size maps be the norm in games 5.7 and up.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Awesome work guys!

5 hours ago, Ouiche said:

BMP-1 - now the commander is not required to be able to launch ATGM. Control has been allocated to the gunner.

Any chance the BMP-1 fix could be applied to the Type 60 ATM?

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Can we have all the maps returned to all the SB events please?

Have not had these maps in the 1_1 to 6_1 SB lineups in at least a couple of months.

Sinai

Mozdok

Finland

38th Parallel 

El Alamein

Hurtgen Forest

Fulda

I understand Fulda is a new map but why were the others restricted for the tier V and VI SB events?

medal

After update a problem with "Use stick to control cursor" function has appeared to me. In Hangar it seems to work properly but in battle, after displaying "Statistics", the stick is controlling both the frame and the arrow. After returnig back to hangar, function is turned off.

Pacifica (Posted )

Please make sure to report any possible Bugs, Thanks!
medal medal medal