Jarms

British Bug Reports

Some stuff for us in today's update :)

• The after-armour effect of secondary shell debris for APDS shells has been improved. More precise correlation in the amount of secondary fragments of shell and armor to shell mass and parameters. For shells below 100 mm calibre, the after-armour effect has been reduced slightly, for shells 100 mm calibre and above this effect has been increased.
  • Archer - historical 3x-6x sight has been added.
    • Source: Royal Armoured Corps Training Volume III-Armament Pamphlet No. 6 SP 17-pr Valentine 1952
  • Vickers MBT - excessive MG sight markers have been removed.
  • A.43 Black Prince - clarified the dependence of the limits of angles for elevation in the angle of turret rotation of the gun.

Curious about the APDS change...

medal medal

1 hour ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

So 17-pdr and 20-pdr APDS just got made even worse when it should be the opposite.

Just great.

But have you tested that?

I will this evening

medal medal

It literally says in the patchnotes.

" For shells below 100 mm calibre, the after-armour effect has been reduced"

Edited by TheFuzzieOne
medal

4 hours ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

It literally says in the patchnotes.

" For shells below 100 mm calibre, the after-armour effect has been reduced"

Urghh more whackamole with the 20pdr jus great.

medal medal

So I have tested this with 20pdr, Chieftains L11, L7 105 and Conqueror.

I don't feel any change with 20pdr at all, still can oneshot a Panther through UFP.

But boy, does 105 and 120 slap now.

medal medal

1 hour ago, CrossEyedN00b said:

So I have tested this with 20pdr, Chieftains L11, L7 105 and Conqueror.

I don't feel any change with 20pdr at all, still can oneshot a Panther through UFP.

Ive found that if any of the fragments from 20pdr APDS hit a module or crew member it blacks them. very rarely have i found it turn something red.

Also on the topic of British bug reporting.

This. The UFP armor total is still wrong lol.

2 hours ago, CrossEyedN00b said:

that makes me excited

50 minutes ago, Guardians6521 said:

Also on the topic of British bug reporting.

This. The UFP armor total is still wrong lol.

the UFP armour is also wrong on the Centurion Mk 5 AVRE

the ERA mount is currently 10mm, but its in-game thickness is visibly 10x that. The 'spaced armour' of the dozer blade is also having no effect against HEAT or any other chemical rounds. 

Think for a second about its armour layout through the dozer blade

70mm of mild steel

around 70-100mm of air

"Blazer" ERA

around 10-30mm of air

around 70mm of mild steel ERA mounting

around 10-30mm of air

70mm RHA

all of it is angled. IDK about you, but I think we just found the first composite array in-game :P

medal medal

12 hours ago, FuryMkI said:

Curious about the APDS change...

From what I read on redit and datamine for dev server, this is a buff for all types of apds-ammunition. It is possible that the nose data is 100% accurate, these are dev server changes.

-Increased APDS secondary shattering on “penetration to armor”, halved “shell mass to shatter”, increased shatter angle from 5 degrees to 10 degrees, increased shatter size from 0.02 to 0.03.-

in my understanding the angle after penetration is increased, and the dimensions of the fragment.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, GoddePro said:

that makes me excited

the ERA mount is currently 10mm, but its in-game thickness is visibly 10x that. The 'spaced armour' of the dozer blade is also having no effect against HEAT or any other chemical rounds. 

70mm of mild steel

around 70-100mm of air

"Blazer" ERA

around 10-30mm of air

around 10-30mm of air

70mm RHA

all of it is angled. IDK about you, but I think we just found the first composite array in-game :P

Ooofffff.....Dozer blades are definitely not mild steel. They usually range from 250-600 HB, which is the same range as the steel used in armor. For instance, MIL-A 46100 armor steel, used by defense contractors in the US has a Brinell Hardness of around 500.

And a lot of bulldozers use Hardox steel which has an even higher Brinell Hardness of up to 700.

For comparison, mild steel usually sits around 100-150 HB

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, JohanssenJr said:

Ooofffff.....Dozer blades are definitely not mild steel. They usually range from 250-600 HB, which is the same range as the steel used in armor. For instance, MIL-A 46100 armor steel, used by defense contractors in the US has a Brinell Hardness of around 500.

And a lot of bulldozers use Hardox steel which has an even higher Brinell Hardness of up to 700.

For comparison, mild steel usually sits around 100-150 HB

wow ok.

so that would give it an armour modifier of at least 1. 

so the armour layout would be 70mm+ERA(15mm KE)+30-50mm(mild steel ERA mount)+70mm which would give at least 290mm (angled) not including the air pockets in between, which would give it 3/4 separate impacts. 

I'm no armour expert, but I reckon that would be enough to stop any chemical round the AVRE could face.

Edited by GoddePro
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

2 hours ago, GoddePro said:

wow ok.

so that would give it an armour modifier of at least 1. 

so the armour layout would be 70mm+ERA(15mm KE)+30-50mm(mild steel ERA mount)+70mm which would give at least 290mm (angled) not including the air pockets in between, which would give it 3/4 separate impacts. 

I'm no armour expert, but I reckon that would be enough to stop any chemical round the AVRE could face.

2 hours ago, GoddePro said:

but I reckon that would be enough to stop any chemical round the AVRE could face.

maxresdefault.jpg

I couldn't help myself...

• Haha 3
medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, Mr_Pokemon26295 said:

The apds damage does seem quite better for the 105 and 120mms

120 mm is much better post pen :

(Sorry for the first shot on the Panther, failed. )

It's feel like Post pen by Chieftain L15 shot. Second edit : yup, L15 is more deadly. 

Edited by Whisky_077
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

19 hours ago, GoddePro said:

that makes me excited

70mm of mild steel

around 70-100mm of air

"Blazer" ERA

around 10-30mm of air

around 10-30mm of air

70mm RHA

Its okay though. Centurion armor packages are widely known about but if we cant prove it it wont change (we shouldnt have to prove it, this info is literally known EVERYWHERE). Smells lazy to me >.>

BUT. Pretty sure the only reason they buffed APDS was for Swede attractiveness. AFAIK they shoot alot of APDS. Just like they buffed Solid for the Frenchies.

Edited by Guardians6521
topic related info

1 hour ago, Sheico said:

Warrior got a laser rangefinder this patch! or did I just not notice it earlier? :D

It did with this update, yes.

medal medal

A few things were fixed with the QF 3.7" Ram too, the two crewmembers on the back were removed. Gun now has 360° traverse and traverse speeds were increased too I think.

medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Time4Tea said:

A few things were fixed with the QF 3.7" Ram too, the two crewmembers on the back were removed. Gun now has 360° traverse and traverse speeds were increased too I think.

So it's lost two crewmen to absorb hits then?

medal

5 hours ago, Time4Tea said:

Actually, it seems one crewmember was moved to the co-driver position at least.

Yeah, as I stated somewhere else I was wondering if they couldn't find any other way than removing crew members to give it a 360° rotation without the crew colliding around the hull or something... :dntknw:

Should have 7/9 crew members though...

The AEC transmission, APDS smoke shell muzzle velocity and ammunition placement for the Cent 1 were corrected too.

• Upvote 1
medal medal