Jarms

British Bug Reports

On 20/01/2019 at 00:12, RoryWatt18 said:

Was there really no counter evidence put forward? I find that hard to believe, but if no-one else has done one already I'll make one, got at least 5 books stating it as 76 mm. I believe there was some Russian drawing of the turret front showing the inner plate as well. 

None at all. He posted the same primary source I'd used, but then just said "lol its 64mm" and they accepted him at his word. I know they did, because if they'd looked at the source they'd have seen he was wrong, since it was the same one my report used!

I'll see if I can dig out my report, but it's likely buried by now.

Edited by TheFuzzieOne
medal

On 20/01/2019 at 01:12, RoryWatt18 said:

Was there really no counter evidence put forward? I find that hard to believe, but if no-one else has done one already I'll make one, got at least 5 books stating it as 76 mm. I believe there was some Russian drawing of the turret front showing the inner plate as well. 

On 21/01/2019 at 09:45, TheFuzzieOne said:

None at all. He posted the same primary source I'd used, but then just said "lol its 64mm" and they accepted him at his word. I know they did, because if they'd looked at the source they'd have seen he was wrong, since it was the same one my report used!

I'll see if I can dig out my report, but it's likely buried by now.

Spoiler

cromwell-armour-3.thumb.jpg.68458e1da348

Spoiler

cromwell-armour-1.thumb.jpg.3b7dc230c761

The only way I can think that someone misinterpret it as 64 - notice that the turret here on the button picture left is 51 +13 mm (64). But it is meant the side, the front is one the right side of the blueprint.

Edited by Fliegel
medal medal medal

11 hours ago, Fliegel said:

The only way I can think that someone misinterpret it as 64 - notice that the turret here on the button picture left is 51 +13 mm (64). But it is meant the side, the front is one the right side of the blueprint.

The issue is less that it says, and more that Gaijin will simply believe someone at their word if that person is Russian.

It takes a very special case to be presented with multiple primary sources, and have every single person past the initial tech mod who approved it all "mysteriously" misinterpret a very clear set of documents. It's unrelentingly obvious they just didn't read the report, but took the guy at face value when he said "no its this". Especially since he presented no evidence that even backed him up.

I'd submit it again, but I no longer have the link to my own report, or the documents. I departed WT for a few months not long ago due to tiredness with how blatantly biased they can be and how all the effort people put in got ignored (and I see it's still happening...) but if someone wants to put it in again...just make sure you bury them in evidence.

Edited by TheFuzzieOne
medal

5 hours ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

The issue is less that it says, and more that Gaijin will simply believe someone at their word if that person is Russian.

It takes a very special case to be presented with multiple primary sources, and have every single person past the initial tech mod who approved it all "mysteriously" misinterpret a very clear set of documents. It's unrelentingly obvious they just didn't read the report, but took the guy at face value when he said "no its this". Especially since he presented no evidence that even backed him up.

I'd submit it again, but I no longer have the link to my own report, or the documents. I departed WT for a few months not long ago due to tiredness with how blatantly biased they can be and how all the effort people put in got ignored (and I see it's still happening...) but if someone wants to put it in again...just make sure you bury them in evidence.

Here’s a few previous ones I could find:

Is this the one you’re talking about Fuzzie?

medal

That'd be the one, cheers for digging it up. The bottom one for me. The top one went in and got turned back for the same reason too.

If you wanna try throwing it in a third time with even more evidence and explicitly calling attention to the previous two being incorrectly read, I wish the best of luck to finally get this fixed.

medal

I've posted missing inner turret structure armour bug

medal medal medal

On 16/03/2019 at 17:00, Fliegel said:

I've posted missing inner turret structure armour bug

You might want to explicitly state to them about how this has failed in the past due to shady reasons. This needs submitted in a much more specific route.

medal

Report in progress for the 3 Inch Gun Carrier's incorrect top speed:

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Some reports that finally have been implemented

Sherman VC Firefly incorrect max speed October/04/2018

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/427223-sherman-vc-firefly-incorrect-max-speed/&tab=comments#comment-7809557

(Well almost, it is now set at 21.7mph)

Sherman VC Firefly incorrect add-on armor weight October/03/2018

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/427252-sherman-vc-firefly-incorrect-add-on-armor-weight/&tab=comments#comment-7809837

Sherman VC Firefly incorrect mass October/03/2018

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/427239-sherman-vc-firefly-incorrect-mass/&tab=comments#comment-7809703

Annnd The Archer finally got back its engine bulkhead and the internal armour plate has been implemented too

Archer armour (2nd report) May/16/2018

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/407343-archer-armour-2nd-report/

The Comet got its turret ring upped to 120mm based on a russian bug report and some other stuff such as the driver port door got upped to 76.2mm

https://forum.warthunder.ru/index.php?/topic/246019-1791152-comet-zashchita-pogona-bashni/

They also corrected this

Spoiler

3tv9Cj1.jpg

The Charioteer now has its side armour similar to the Cromwell.

https://forum.warthunder.ru/index.php?/topic/226498-charioteer/

A new bug I just found, check the gun breech of any open tank (from whatever nation) and you'll see that it is now set at 1mm of structural steel...

Spoiler

1545489858_Archergunbreech.thumb.jpg.d9a

Edited by FuryMkI
  • Like 1
medal medal

Great news, thank you for the info!

Obviously all corrections are good news (positive or not), but I'm really surprised by the turret ring one.
I've never dare to hope for the turret ring of the Comet will be corrected as there seems to be no mention of it in it's blueprint. I only guessed it would be over 100mm based on drawings in the technical manual of the tank (and seeing wrecks in museum). I'm glad that he did found some proofs.

P.S. About the new bug; that would explain my problem with the breech penetrable bz MG34

medal medal medal

Valentine Mk 1 got its armor fixed:

Valentine Mk.1 - Armour values of the vehicle have been refined. Previously some parts of the vehicle had either overestimated or underestimated values in comparison with the current armour value data.

Finally that ridiculous drivers port 'artificial weakspot' has been correct, only took about 13 months. Though there's still the gaping 10mm turret ring..

Swingfire mk2 missile added semi fixes the missing pen for the striker, problem is the missile isnt usable right now as it wasnt implemented properly :facepalm::lol2:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, mitchverr12345 said:

Swingfire mk2 missile added semi fixes the missing pen for the striker, problem is the missile isnt usable right now as it wasnt implemented properly :facepalm::lol2:

How so?

medal medal