*gaelan

Rptd 29/Nov/2017 French F6F-5 wrong engine in X-ray

Ps4 version 1.73.1.73

Currently the French F6F-5 has the wrong engine in the X-ray view, it shows as a Wright R2600 but it should be a Pratt And Whitney R2800 as can be seen correctly in the X-ray for the US F6F-5

Here's two sources backing up the F6F-5 having the R2800 http://www.flyingheritage.com/Explore/The-Collection/United-States/Grumman-F6F-5-Hellcat.aspxhttp://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/attractions/aircraft-exhibits/item/?item=f6f-5_hellcat  

20171124_000903.thumb.jpg.5b25d6728f8c0620171124_000306.thumb.jpg.9d8b824cb1bd7b

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thanks for that.

I will investigate and get back to you.  It is possible the Free French got a different engine.  I will ask.

Cheers

This also affects the F6F-5N, I can't find any information on the French F6F's being different, it would be a downgrade in engine but in the viewer the HP is the same between them so I think it may simply be a naming bug, the R2600 8 was 1700HP

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hello!
         Thank you for your help improving the game.  

Your information has been forwarded to the developers for their consideration.  

This thread will remain unlocked for one week (7 days) so that anyone with additional information\evidence\examples will have a place to post.  
After this time the report will remain active but will be archived.

It will also serve as a place where the developers will post questions for you to answer so please keep up to date here.

• Upvote 1

Archived

• Upvote 1