Scarper

[Development] Preliminary research and purchase changes for ground vehicles rank 3-5

Hope the ammo gets a lot cheaper. Honestly it shouldn't cost anything.

Now there's going to be a huge grind barrier for rank 6 so I'd love to see those reduced a bit too.

I gotta say though, I've been pretty lucky because I've mostly focused on playing the tanks I have fun with rather than constantly using stock grinding tanks. So by just playing tier 2-3 I have unlocked all up to rank 5. Now just when I start grinding the rank 5s, they are reduced in price and RP. Grinding up to rank 4 with newbie friends will also be easier, which is greatly appreciated. I know of one guy who basically said he doesn't want to play without premium account because the grind is too much, so he's stopped playing. Because he doesn't want to buy premium account at the moment.

Either way, would it be too much to ask to perhaps get parts and FPE for free for all tanks (i.e. remove the modification entirely). Those are simply essential to playing any tank in my opinion and shouldn't have to be researched and paid for. It's turning a lot of my friends who try WT off that they're at such a great disadvantage because they get hit in the transmission and can never move again unless I drag them to a cap point. I feel like grinding and researching and paying for new tanks is enough really.

Edited by DaReaperZ
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Look at all these millennial's wanting compensation for time spent and here I am thinking about the fun i had grinding the T95E1 and how fun it was before T6 and how its unplayable because it is the only now T6 without a stabilizer. Pls make my favorite tank playable again... pls :( 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Absolutely fantastic. I have been having trouble breaking through tier 4 and into 5 because of the current high RP costs. Not saying I can't do it, but I like to diversify across all the nations, so it usually takes me a while to grind. So this change is well welcomed in my books! (kek I don't have to grind through the super P, I will just be able to get the T34 as soon as the patch drops)))))))

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I am glad to see changes like these, it will help a lot to new players. Myself I never had problems with the so called grind in the game as I always played for enjoyment and fun.
I just did a fast maths about all the RP and SL that I will 'lost' although because after 4 years you have plenty of vehicles in the garage :)
See spoiler :

Spoiler

3382000 RP and 19640000SL for me if I have 1500 - 2000 per battle and battles take 10-15 mins that is around 500hours ingame - about a year of playing 10 hours weekly, pretty long time. I don't want any compesation, I know it won't be but there could be given something special like special decal, special reward or additional crew for nation, just to reward those people who were playing and loving the game for the long time. What if there will be tier VII next year, is there any point of playing tier VI and late V now ? if it will be reworked again ? will I lose more RP ? or will the players be rewarded ? :) 

medal medal medal medal medal

its great news and will hopefully bring new players and let some old return!

it has been a long time since this kind of changed was asked for, but finally we get it! (i like it even with nearly every tank unlocked!)

now i really hope that maybe next year, we will get a BR spread for tanks and planes, to improve balance and move sealclubbing vehicles away from seals... but this is a great change already!

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal

why do some vehicles require more Rp to upgrade than to unlock? <-F9F-5

Is that working as intended? Is any one looking into changes for aircraft?

Spoiler

It did get brought up in the proposed economy change's back in October.

But otherwise looks like a good move for tank guys.:good:

plz just keep in mind you don't want to end up with a upgrade grind that is longer than the unlock grind.

Players will just quit using the top end tanks when a 3 month unlock grind will give them a 4 month upgrade grind.

Thy will not even bother to spend $$$ Thy will just go back to lower tiers where thy already have the upgrades.

medal

How will tanks that are currently being researched be affected by the update? Will your current rp put it remain, if so what will happen to rollover? If not, will the system proportionally reduce the rp already put in to the new tank?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Oh my Lawd finally. I recently started playing the game again so this is nice (doesn't really matter honestly because I have only tier 5-6 to grind for rn anyway but it's nice none-the-less. 

Question tho, if a tank goes from 320k RP to 210k, and we have 300k, we unlock the tank right? But what happens to the extra 110k RP that we had? Do we get compensated and are able to put it into another tank or is it just deleted?

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Nice changes overall but the Tier changes are a mistake, for example why move the Chieftain Mk.3 to Tier VI? These changes will force more people to buy tier V premium vehicles because the older premium tanks will become obsolete.

This is a big let down, this means my Strv/IS6 that I just bought to farm the British/Russian tree just became obsolete to research lots of vehicles I really wanted. And I won`t buy yet another premium to farm these new Tier VI, this is a mistake and I feel like I wasted money on 2 premiums that suddenly became obsolete in farming a good chunk of the tree

• Upvote 2

While I understand the frustration that you must possess when people ask for compensation, please do not take a negative tone. After all, the people asking love your game and for that reason that have played and continue to play it.  They are wondering about various vehicles that in some cases takes weeks or some cases months depending on one's schedule to unlock, and if they spent that much time will they be rewarded for having spent so much time and dedication into playing the game. While it's a thin line and I don't really point my opinion either way, some of the sarcastic moderator responses in the official news post were not necessary and diminish the enthusiasm such players will put towards this game in the future.  When looking for players to buy into beta access for ships or a new tech tree, don't insult them, reach out an understanding hand.  In the words of Erich Hartmann, "Always look for the best in people. You may be surprised at what you find."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

A very welcomed change to the game imo.

I don't get all the complaining on the main site.   It seems all what counts is grinding, grinding, grinding.
Every tank I've unlocked just happened to be unlocked because I was having fun with the game.

Everybody knew these changes were coming.

medal medal medal

Finally a reduction in RP and SL costs!

I am only worried about one thing, recently in the shooting range episode 70 it was confirmed that Japan will get tier 6 tanks that means we are actually getting NEW tier 6 tanks for japan and not just old vehicles moved to tier 6 right? 

• Upvote 2
medal