Scarper

[Development] Preliminary research and purchase changes for ground vehicles rank 3-5

this is really great news! (even if i just farmed & bought panther 2 :P ) 

anyway:

1) you mentioned modification reductions as well, but i haven't seen anything regarding that in the spreadsheet. can you give more information about that, or is it still undecided?

2) i've noticed some major increase in some repair costs, especially for medium tanks: centurions, t44-100, m26, etc are about 5k each. i would think they are a bit too high, even if it's offset by a cheaper buying price. is there a reason for that? i haven't noticed them being spammed enough to make them an issue.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal

26 minutes ago, CrossEyedN00b said:

So much RP grind and no compensation :((((

Oh well, gotta enjoy what we got :)

WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT COMENSATION

you played the game and grinded all these units out with the RP they had then and now they are being changed due to the game moving on and to make it more enjoyable....... tough sh*t who cares life isn't a walk in the park m8 things like this happen and you just gotta put up with it and look at the positives..... there is no valid reason for compensation...

P8triot (Posted )

If you leave enough of the word to know exactly what word it is, you circumvented the profanity filter friend. I would suggest using **** or similar in the future. People will still get the context of what you are trying to convey just fine. Do Not: 1.1.19. Profanity and insult via direct statement or implication (full or partial circumvention). This includes the use of swearing, medical-related reference (such as cancer, mental illness, etc.), offensive and abusive language, and other references of an insulting or profane nature. Automatically filtered items are exempt from action. FRIENDLY WARNING
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal medal

Question. I understand when you got enough RP for a tank in this change, that you will get it. But what will happen if you don't have enough RP for the update, what will happen with this RP?

Thanks for this change by the way, you guys really doing a beautiful job! Keep it up!

Edited by ThrowTheWodka

OrsonES (Posted )

It will stay like it is now until you decide to research that vehicle ;)
  • Upvote 4
medal

5300 SL for the ST-a1 and 2600 SL for the ST-a2 in arcade?
What?
They are the same and it is the ST-a1 which costs twice as much!?
I'm not sure If i understand the approach to the cost of repair but it's still not logical.:dntknw:
Otherwise it's nice to see these changes! 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

A select few tier 5 vehicles on the lower end might need an rp reduction as well. I'm just talking about the 7.0-7.3 vehicles. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Where, other than the already existing thread, can I post suggestions for BR changes? I feel like the current 9 Battle Ratings are not enough for all the AMAZING vehicles you have introduced during all this time.

Spoiler

As I will show here, I know very well the existence of this thread, I even posted there.

But it is VERY annoying that our balancing suggestions go not get a propper suggestion treatment, which would be to have them processed as individual Suggestion Threads, just like how it is in the Moderated Suggestions section. 

medal medal

So, just to clarify:  If we are already researching a vehicle before these changes are implemented, will our research progress be saved, or will we have to start over from scratch?

For example:

Say I'm researching the American T95, which currently costs 270k RP, and I've already researched 90k RP.  After these reductions are implemented, the T95 will cost 120k?  Will the 90k RP that I've already researched be saved, and thus I'll only have to grind 30k more RP?  Or will I have to start from scratch, and grind 120k RP?

Thanks @OrsonES!

Edited by RogueStarflyer

OrsonES (Posted )

Progress wont change.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I have 2k research left on the T-44-100, and according to the notes the tank is gonna drop ~125k RP.

If ya'll let us use the extra research that we've done on some vehicles (in this case 123k RP) for new vehicles, I'm actually gonna nut from pure joy.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Quick question: I've researched the Leopard A1A1, but don't have enough lions. When it get's moved to tier 6, will I still be able to purchase or have to grind another vehicle in order to get the 2 vehicles I need to unlock tier 6?

Oh my, all this for that? The Begleitpanzer being rank 6 I'm concerned with a single tank, Ho-Ri Production, for which the requirements didn't change. The other vehicles? Already grinded and experted, I guess ace requirements being lowered is also a good thing.

Well guys, have fun working your way down the tech tree now that it should be faster :)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This is good news - I'm sitting on a heap of researched\unlocked tier IV and V vehicals waiting for the SL price to drop.  :DD

Will any BR's be amended in anyway at all (may have missed in the news from all the hype if so)?

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal

33 minutes ago, ThrowTheWodka said:

Question. I understand when you got enough RP for a tank in this change, that you will get it. But what will happen if you don't have enough RP for the update, what will happen with this RP?

Thanks for this change by the way, you guys really doing a beautiful job! Keep it up!

nothing happens, you will continue with the same amount of RP in the vehicle you are investigating, you will only be one step closer to having your new vehicle.

• Thanks 1

Hello, first nice work guys! :D

My question is: why do vehicles shared by different nations (clones) have different repair prices? ex: M41A1 US / japan | M4A3 (76) W US / japan | Churchill GER / BRIT | Tiger E GER / japan

Bonus: a question that I saw before: I am investigating a vehicle for 150.000Rp, before the change I have 130.000Rp, after the change the vehicle will cost 100,000rp and will be unlocked. What happens with the remaining 30,000Rp?

• Like 1

I've been playing for close to 5 years now, and I have to say, this is great. Those who are complaining need to stop. This is similar to, I don't know, buying a $60 video game, and then months or years later it's in the $20 bin. You don't get compensation for that, do you? It's called economy changes, and they happen everywhere with everything. Deal with it. This change is a good one. Gaijin is trying to make the game easier because they recognized that the grind to Rank VI tanks was bad and needed adjusting. Players got what they wanted, now stop complaining about it. I welcome the change. Good job Gaijin! :good:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal

All of this looks pretty well done.  My only complaint, is that SPAA is still pretty prohibitively expensive for Arcade Battle.

Planes terrorize AB because nobody bothers to get in SPAA, afraid that a wayward shot or bomb will cost them so much SL. This is especially warranted given how fragile the high tier AA's are in their engagements.  Nicking any part of the belt on the high tier autoloading SPAA's (which tend to take up a lot of room in them) is almost always a guaranteed death, not to mention hullbreak stuff.

The Gepard and Shilka got some cheapens, yes (though I think 10k is a bit high still, but better than 20k+); other critical ones like the M163, Kugelblitz, etc... still seem woefully overpriced though.

IE, the cost prohibition keeps folks from playing most SPAA's (especially high tier games, where death by plane is arguably far more maddening), which in turn lets aircraft spam take the fun out of matches more often than not.

Edited by Hauptmann_Ritter
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I hope we will see rank V tanks vs rank V aircraft and rank VI tanks vs rank VI aircraft eventually. Because currently rank V tanks face rank IV aircraft, not rank V.

medal medal medal medal