Update 21.11.2017 (1.73.1.105)

Stona

Maintenance%20(2).jpg

• Linux OS: A bug that caused the client to crash on the  location ‘Hurtgen Forest’ has been fixed;
  • Grass no longer returns to an upright/natural position after vehicles have driven over it;
  • Respawn protection mechanics have been added for the following locations: Second battle of El-Alamein, Hurtgen forest, 38th parallel, Carpathians, Kuban, Kursk, Sinai, Jungle.
  • Client stability has been improved.

The War Thunder Team

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stona said:

Grass no longer returns to an upright/natural position after vehicles have driven over it;

Cool, I hated when I intentionally drove into grass to flatten it out but then it would just get straight again like a 50 ton tank didn't pass on top of it

• Like 7
medal medal medal

Since today's update, the client keeps crashing ...

Do not make it into a session - it crashes.

I'm on a MacBook Pro ...

Stona (Posted )

Please submit a proper bug report in Technical Section.
  • Sad 1

It's downloading now. I am very glad to hear about new spawn point protection maps. I haven't seen any "protected zone" in SB but it may be just my mistake not to figure it out. If these zones does not exist in SB GF as I noticed, then please add them to simulation as well. The thing is spawn camping and moreover AF camping (while we have AFs close to battle field and planes cannot get enough altitude and speed before enemies reach their AF, like in the first 2 minutes of the game, this is a serious problem) is much much more immersive breaker, game breaker and arcadish than putting those protected zones.

Thanks again for your hard and good work as well as your new 'more user friendly politics' (as far as I observed).

:good:

Edited by RedTribe
grammer and meaning
  • Confused 1
medal medal

new update is awesome. the grass stays flat where the tracks were... i cant even imagine how much of an task it was to optimize that for the players not to have any performance issues. well done!!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The grass is fine !

But I dont like the Respawn protection mechanics, is strange...

You should put minefields on the respawn zones, with the mines visible only for the defending team.

If an atacker enters the zone, is by his own risk...

• Like 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Stona said:

Grass no longer returns to an upright/natural position after vehicles have driven over it;

Does that also mean that jet exhaust will flatten it out too?

Stona (Posted )

Dunno, check ;)
  • Haha 3
medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Stona said:

I hope it also fixed the trees that get back into position once you shot them down.

Auscam (Posted )

Rubber trees are everywhere, it makes sense they bounce back, have you tried the new update?
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Bernstein999 said:

The grass is fine !

But I dont like the Respawn protection mechanics, is strange...

You should put minefields on the respawn zones, with the mines visible only for the defending team.

If an atacker enters the zone, is by his own risk...

I prefer minefields as well. It's ideally better than an artificial protection zone but still protection zones are better than we have nothing there and getting unstoppable frustration and rage imo. Minefields would be great for ALL modes (AB/RB/SB and especially SB GF). Also airfield AAA range and strength should be top and deterrent in SB GF.

Edited by RedTribe

Auscam (Posted )

There is a sub-forum section called "Suggestions" but don't be surprised it's already been suggested?
medal medal

7 hours ago, Stona said:
  • Respawn protection mechanics have been added for the following locations: Second battle of El-Alamein, Hurtgen forest, 38th parallel, Carpathians, Kuban, Kursk, Sinai, Jungle.

Does this mean the map rotation issue in arcade ground forces has been addressed?     Won't ever be able to see what kind of protection there is if all I do is see the same 7 maps over and over again. (jungle, Sinai, and Carpathians are part of the 7)

Auscam (Posted )

Why don't you play it to see if its been addressed, of course this will depend upon how often you can play.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I hear that APFSDS feels different now as well, was something changed about it not posted in the changelog?

Auscam (Posted )

I've often found that upon hearing such subjective rumours, it's often best to play the game to find out for myself. It is easy to get swept away and caught up in rumours.

May I ask if there was something changed on the maps like Kursk or Sinaj for tank RB ? there seem to be new variants what is always cool but are the first , larger maps of them still in rotation ? I only had played the small, bad variants (subjective opinion) of Sinaj and Kursk from the patch. Please do not make more maps even smaller - now it is possible to see from spawn to the enemy spawn...., some people like large maps, I love Sim battles for it but people can't always play their desired vehicles in there.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Still there is a problem with bushes and grass. When you shoot it, it goes back to its possition

Auscam (Posted )

If you believe this is still an issue, please raise a bug report with all supporting evidence.
medal medal medal medal medal