MasterofBlitz

New to War Thunder? Step on in and say Hi :)

Hello everyone, I am a new player. I really enjoy Air RB and am looking for people to fly with. WoT has pretty much ruined my interest in Ground Forces and I am an avid World of Warships player. That said, I would like some wingmen to fly with. Cheers!

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 12:18 PM, MotorCat said:

Hello all!

Been a while since I played on-line combat ("Fighter Ace " & Aces High"). 

It's good to be back in the cockpit again ,and tanks are fun!

I chose WT because of it's land ,air and (soon) sea combat

Hey Welcome

medal

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:26 PM, Off_10_Fragged said:

Hi all.

I've been playing for about three weeks now and I've never screamed and cursed at a computer monitor so much in my life.

I've been playing aerial combat games since the days of Aces of the Pacific and Falcon 3.0 so the fact that a free-to-play game is as good as WT is really amazing to me. 

Despite the frustration I'm feeling, mostly due to the fact that my aerial gunnery skills are nonexistent even flying with a Thrustmaster HOTAS and rudder pedals, I am about to start unlocking tier three on the US aircraft tree.

I bought a Premium P-47M and find that I am just dying sooner without ever scoring any points when I try to fly against Tier Four opponents. So much for "Premium Aircraft are the best way to grind," at least in my case.

Honestly, I die just as much in Tank Battles as I do in Air Battles, but I have more fun doing it.

I have used the mission editor to set up practice sessions for gunnery (most recently in a P-36 vs a bunch of rookie-bot Japanese fighters over Pearl Harbor) then spent 45 minutes turning and burning and shooting down nothing.

Despite my frustration, I am thoroughly hooked on this game, as I have loved warbirds and wanted to be able to fly them since I was a little kid. This weekend I spent about three hours one evening just doing Test Flight touch-and-goes with an A-20 Havoc in Full Controls mode.

Good times.

My suspicion is that something I need is a better graphics card and monitor, as I am at 720p resolution and Medium graphics quality with my current setup and I think that I am not seeing enough detail to aim precisely. I am resisting the urge to spend that money because I am planning on buying a Playstation 4 and a 4K television soon, and suspect that I will enjoy the game more on a 55" screen.

Anyone have suggestions on where to look for advice on gunnery practice?

Hi, like yourself, I fly stick and peddles, which puts you to a great disadvantage, straight away. You are up against mouse and controller, so to play more realistically, you have to pay a price, your blown out the sky a lot, lol. I can only talk about aircraft, because I don't do tanks. Flying your aircraft in third person, is harder than flying in cockpit view, ( this is related to stick n peddles only ) cockpit view is more forgiving, but you do need hat view, unless you have track IR. I myself am VR only, but that's a different story, lol. Until you get your new gear, id, stick to air combat only, learn to evade more quickly, 8 out of 10 times, you'll  be killed, if someone gets on your tail, only good piloting skills will save you, trust me, as for aiming, I'm afraid, its just practice, practice and more practice, I started, at 800yds, and have slowly but surely, got down to 300yds, get in close, strike, n get out, I fly SB, and use RB for practice at aiming and evading, it really pays off, well, it has for me :). I started VR flying approx.. 18 months ago, and only, after practicing; n practicing, this last month, has started to pay off, before that I was getting killed, left right n centre. To be totally honest, having better graphics, will not make you a better pilot, it will make you see more clearly, but that's about all, been there and done that, lol. Adjusting your flight stick settings will help you, but try to balance smoothness against performance, think of war thunder like a helicopter, every adjustment you make, affects something else, grrr, lol. Anyway I think I've babbled on enough, I hope this helps you, even if its only a tiny amount. tc n safe flying and enjoy )

like yourself, I fly stick and peddles, which puts you to a great disadvantage, straight away. You are up against mouse and controller, so to play more realistically, you have to pay a price, your blown out the sky a lot, lol. I can only talk about aircraft, because I don't do tanks. Flying your aircraft in third person, is harder than flying in cockpit view, ( this is related to stick n peddles only ) cockpit view is more forgiving, but you do need hat view, unless you have track IR. I myself am VR only, but that's a different story, lol. Until you get your new gear, id, stick to air combat only, learn to evade more quickly, 8 out of 10 times, you'll  be killed, if someone gets on your tail, only good piloting skills will save you, trust me, as for aiming, I'm afraid, its just practice, practice and more practice, I started, at 800yds, and have slowly but surely, got down to 300yds, get in close, strike, n get out, I fly SB, and use RB for practice at aiming and evading, it really pays off, well, it has for me :). I started VR flying approx.. 18 months ago, and only, after practicing; n practicing, this last month, has started to pay off, before that I was getting killed, left right n centre. To be totally honest, having better graphics, will not make you a better pilot, it will make you see more clearly, but that's about all, been there and done that, lol. Adjusting your flight stick settings will help you, but try to balance smoothness against performance, think of war thunder like a helicopter, every adjustment you make, affects something else, grrr, lol. Anyway I think I've babbled on enough, I hope this helps you, even if its only a tiny amount. tc n safe flying and enjoy )

On 12/05/2018 at 3:45 AM, Loosepucks87 said:

Hello everyone, I am a new player. I really enjoy Air RB and am looking for people to fly with. WoT has pretty much ruined my interest in Ground Forces and I am an avid World of Warships player. That said, I would like some wingmen to fly with. Cheers!

Welcome ! :salute:

medal

Hello Everyone!

I'm new, only been playing for about a week. Honestly I didn't think the game would work on my computer as it is in desperate need of upgrade, but at absolute lowest settings, I am having no problems, especially with the tanks. I can't use my Thrustmaster/hotas yet for aircraft because of lag but the mouse is working just fine in air battles.

I am a big history buff, aviation and armor, and this game allows me to have a lot of fun with the stuff I am interested in... until I win the lottery and can buy a real P-38 and M4 Sherman. :p:

It's great to meet everybody.

Glenn

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

37 minutes ago, Glenn_Sprouse said:

Hello Everyone!

I'm new, only been playing for about a week. Honestly I didn't think the game would work on my computer as it is in desperate need of upgrade, but at absolute lowest settings, I am having no problems, especially with the tanks. I can't use my Thrustmaster/hotas yet for aircraft because of lag but the mouse is working just fine in air battles.

I am a big history buff, aviation and armor, and this game allows me to have a lot of fun with the stuff I am interested in... until I win the lottery and can buy a real P-38 and M4 Sherman. :p:

It's great to meet everybody.

Glenn

Hello Glenn! Enjoy your time with War Thunder and the Forums! You'll be sure to make plenty of good friends here! Mind the rules though!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hi everyone, still pretty new to WT, started playing last year. Put it away for a few months but decided to come back and get more serious about being a better pilot. Have really just stuck to Arcade for now but plan to fly more RB. Also interested in connecting with other pilots.

medal

Hi, I just started this game 2 days ago, transitioning from WoT. I'm usually doing tanks 'n' stuff for now, cause I suck at aviation. Got any tips (for both)? Thanks :)

UshankaBear

Long time player, played Air a lot, but only Air AB since I would get trashed on in RB and SB, now on a new account same happens in Tank RB :D

Edited by beas7

Hi there @BIKERBILLY, welcome to the game! :salute:

Not really new to as I have been playing for a few months but its my first time on the forums. I like Realistic Battles and prefer ground battles but don't mind dropping bombs every now and then.

:shturm_light:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, *walnyc said:

hello

Hello!