MasterofBlitz

New to War Thunder? Step on in and say Hi :)

Hi all, I`ve been enjoying WT for the last month or so, I only played RB in that time and was almost put off at the start with getting insta killed:)

Anyway after an enjoyable learning curve, and a fondness for Tank destroyers, I have a question for the more experienced out there.

Recently I keep getting thrown into Br games around 5.7+ in my Pz4 4 g at  3.7 Br is this normal and basically one shotted by everything happens

in my T34 as well?

 

Cheers /  Old but a Dude:DD

Edited by DudeOld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

I am also new to the game and absolutely love it so far. I’m still horrible bad at it and try to AB to get the hang of it but having a blast while learning.

 

Thanks for the warm welcome - a positive factor I noticed is indeed that the community seems less toxic compare to other online games.

 

And I actually do have a question to you guys: in Tank RB I have a hard time spotting enemies quick enough. Is there any Tipps you have fro me or does it come with experience? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Major_Koenig_ said:

Hi guys,

 

I am also new to the game and absolutely love it so far. I’m still horrible bad at it and try to AB to get the hang of it but having a blast while learning.

 

Thanks for the warm welcome - a positive factor I noticed is indeed that the community seems less toxic compare to other online games.

 

And I actually do have a question to you guys: in Tank RB I have a hard time spotting enemies quick enough. Is there any Tipps you have fro me or does it come with experience? 

Welcome to the Forums!

 

 

6 hours ago, Major_Koenig_ said:

And I actually do have a question to you guys: in Tank RB I have a hard time spotting enemies quick enough. Is there any Tipps you have fro me or does it come with experience? 

As far as I know, It just takes practice. Sadly no advice from me.

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Arin171 said:

Welcome to the Forums!

 

 

As far as I know, It just takes practice. Sadly no advice from me.

 

Thanks for the welcome! Yes feared already that the spotting is about practice. It’s already getting somewhat better but it takes a bit I would say. 

 

But a really nice game in my opinion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.4.2018 at 12:44 AM, xShurikeNx said:

Simply towing a tank does not always work in the way of getting them back upright. You should also try pushing them and using the environment to try to get them upright again.

 

Thank you. Should that happen again, I will try it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm GermanGamer7. I like proposing decals and possible aircraft; mainly focusing on German aircraft. (as my name suggests.) Can I have some help doing the above?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GermanGamer7 said:

Hi, I'm GermanGamer7. I like proposing decals and possible aircraft; mainly focusing on German aircraft. (as my name suggests.) Can I have some help doing the above?

Hello! to make suggestions about aircraft/decals here and be sure to read the rules here to make a good suggestion people will notice.

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heya @Koneic, welcome to War Thunder! owo

Just now, loltrol48 said:

Heya @Koneic, welcome to War Thunder! owo

I play with the german tanks too, mainly prefer the American ones (m18) x3

Edited by loltrol48

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there @CrazyDisi, welcome to the forums! :salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys... I'm playing WT for couple of months now (Currently in Rank IV in German Tanks) but this is my first post in this forum.

Edited by Ruin39

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having just started out in W.T ground I thought I'd say hi.

I struggle with the controls as I lost my arm serving overseas but I've kinda muddled through....so if you see me in-game then please don't shoot my other wing off....lol

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2018 at 8:53 AM, Ruin39 said:

Hi Guys... I'm playing WT for couple of months now (Currently in Rank IV in German Tanks) but this is my first post in this forum.

Welcome to the Forums! :salute: 

On 4/14/2018 at 7:14 PM, CrazyDisi said:

Hi i am new in this forum :B10: 

Hi and Welcome to the forums! :salute: 

On 4/18/2018 at 10:37 AM, NooBoo1 said:

Having just started out in W.T ground I thought I'd say hi.

I struggle with the controls as I lost my arm serving overseas but I've kinda muddled through....so if you see me in-game then please don't shoot my other wing off....lol

Hi! Welcome to the Fourms! :salute: 

Edited by Arin171
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

 

Ive been a gamer now for years on the Xbox and only recently brought a PS4, and what a treat finding this game. Its been so long that ive played a descent flying game. Im also a keen model flyer. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 9:40 AM, DudeOld said:

Hi all, I`ve been enjoying WT for the last month or so, I only played RB in that time and was almost put off at the start with getting insta killed:)

Anyway after an enjoyable learning curve, and a fondness for Tank destroyers, I have a question for the more experienced out there.

Recently I keep getting thrown into Br games around 5.7+ in my Pz4 4 g at  3.7 Br is this normal and basically one shotted by everything happens

in my T34 as well?

 

Cheers /  Old but a Dude:DD

Hello @DudeOld

Welcome to War Thunder and the War Thunder Forum.

In regards to your question it may be due to the lineup you may have. What other tanks/planes do you have in that lineup? Because if you have a 4.7 aircraft or tank with your 3.7 aircraft/tank, the match making would match everything to the 4.7 aircraft/tank and matchmaking currently is +1 (basically for example a 6.7 BR aircraft/tank is your highest BR in your lineup, the matchmaking you would be in would vary from a 6.7 BR match to a 7.7 BR match).

I do wish my answer does help you and again welcome to War Thunder and the War Thunder Forums.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all.

I've been playing for about three weeks now and I've never screamed and cursed at a computer monitor so much in my life.

I've been playing aerial combat games since the days of Aces of the Pacific and Falcon 3.0 so the fact that a free-to-play game is as good as WT is really amazing to me. 

Despite the frustration I'm feeling, mostly due to the fact that my aerial gunnery skills are nonexistent even flying with a Thrustmaster HOTAS and rudder pedals, I am about to start unlocking tier three on the US aircraft tree.

I bought a Premium P-47M and find that I am just dying sooner without ever scoring any points when I try to fly against Tier Four opponents. So much for "Premium Aircraft are the best way to grind," at least in my case.

Honestly, I die just as much in Tank Battles as I do in Air Battles, but I have more fun doing it.

 

I have used the mission editor to set up practice sessions for gunnery (most recently in a P-36 vs a bunch of rookie-bot Japanese fighters over Pearl Harbor) then spent 45 minutes turning and burning and shooting down nothing.

 

Despite my frustration, I am thoroughly hooked on this game, as I have loved warbirds and wanted to be able to fly them since I was a little kid. This weekend I spent about three hours one evening just doing Test Flight touch-and-goes with an A-20 Havoc in Full Controls mode.

Good times.

 

My suspicion is that something I need is a better graphics card and monitor, as I am at 720p resolution and Medium graphics quality with my current setup and I think that I am not seeing enough detail to aim precisely. I am resisting the urge to spend that money because I am planning on buying a Playstation 4 and a 4K television soon, and suspect that I will enjoy the game more on a 55" screen.

 

Anyone have suggestions on where to look for advice on gunnery practice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sup Guys ummm, yeah so I started playing last week, and started grinding down my country, US, for both aviation and army Ive played previous mmo tank games in the past, which i've all dumped due to them being boring or unrealistic (R.I.P. World of Tanks). But needless to say this game is hands down the most realistic military game i've ever played on PC. The graphics on minimum look outstanding (lags if I put them any higher). 

Me personally think I'm a pretty good tanker, probably because ive played similar tank games before. after I got used to the controls and sensitivity I got pretty good. my 8th arcade tank battle I got around 5 or 6 kills so I think I did pretty good for a Ace. I'm OK for aviation but not nearly as good a tanker, probably due to me not playing any mmo aircraft games in the past. But tbh this game really surprised me by the action and realistic nature of both plane and tanks. My play style is more on ground assault when it comes to aviation (dive bombers, attackers etc.) and I love watching the weak AAA trucks explode under the airplane as I pull up away from the ground real fast 

P.S. I have one question, does this game have platooning (you and a friend joining the same battle with vehicles around the same tier with private chatting) I'm not really sur since ive never realy took the time to look around on the lobby, garage, or wherever that is the keep the vehicles when u first log in. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.