New to War Thunder? Step on in and say Hi :)

10 minutes ago, FouManchou said:

How is that an authorized pseudonym?

Oh i se you are a latin connoisseur. It´s an old nick from early Counterstrike. Is it possible to change?

medal

58 minutes ago, FouManchou said:

How is that an authorized pseudonym?

It's not

44 minutes ago, Cunnilingus13421 said:

Oh i se you are a latin connoisseur. It´s an old nick from early Counterstrike. Is it possible to change?

You can change it by going in the game and going on your profile. I suggest you do this sooner rather than later else you will end up as "renamed" with some random numbers. You get 1 free name change and after than you have to pay for them.

1 hour ago, tbhoop said:

It's not

You can change it by going in the game and going on your profile. I suggest you do this sooner rather than later else you will end up as "renamed" with some random numbers. You get 1 free name change and after than you have to pay for them.

Thanx! It´s been done. As i am a family man i see the problem with my nick. But understand i played under this nick for over 20 years. Beginning with CS before Steam existed.

Nowdays i´m known as Cunni1975. The one and only ....... :-)

Enlighten me .........

/M

medal

Hello. 

I migrated to war thunder after playing wot/wotb for a few years.

I'm interested solely in ground forces...mainly because airplane controls are a bit wonky and ships are too slow.

Can I ask basic questions over here? Or is there some other sub forum for that? 

7 hours ago, JDBC567 said:

Hello. 

I migrated to war thunder after playing wot/wotb for a few years.

I'm interested solely in ground forces...mainly because airplane controls are a bit wonky and ships are too slow.

Can I ask basic questions over here? Or is there some other sub forum for that? 

Hey there,

Welcome to the forums! If it’s short and sweet feel free to as here. If you think it’ll require a more nuanced answer then please create a new thread. You can do so either in:

Cheers!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, JDBC567 said:

mainly because airplane controls are a bit wonky

To be honest the aeroplane controls in war thunder are some of the best there are for an arcadey style flight game. You just point the mouse where you want the plane to go and then the "instructor" controls the plane to go there. It works really well when you get used to it. You can also assign controls to override the instructor when you need to, to make sharper turns or dodge enemies etc.

7 hours ago, tbhoop said:

To be honest the aeroplane controls in war thunder are some of the best there are for an arcadey style flight game. You just point the mouse where you want the plane to go and then the "instructor" controls the plane to go there. It works really well when you get used to it. You can also assign controls to override the instructor when you need to, to make sharper turns or dodge enemies etc.

I was referring mostly to the aim...the crosshair moves about a lot compared to other games. But I guess that's just realism. 

20 minutes ago, Deckter said:

brand new to War thunder.  Trying to get started.  Having control issues.

What kind of control issues? Going to the academy section of the forum and making a post there should be the best way for you to get help 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, me and my 10 yr old son joined in batle two month ago. We are from Finland, so, sorry about bad english.There is one question, we have not found an answear anywhere.

We have Tiger II with crew level 60 xp, but the game claims, that we are in basic level, even with 60 xp it should be an expert. Is there something we have understood wrong?

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Hi, me and my 10 yr old son joined in batle two month ago. We are from Finland, so, sorry about bad english.There is one question, we have not found an answear anywhere.

We have Tiger II with crew level 60 xp, but the game claims, that we are in basic level, even with 60 xp it should be an expert. Is there something we have understood wrong?

Welcome! 

Once you have reached the required level for expert, you have to purchase it. Go onto the qualifications tab on your crew menu (I think it's called that) and buy expert for silver lions 

4 minutes ago, theArcadePlayz said:

Yo guys, i am new to this game.

i really like it tho. It has soo much detail. I really think this game never grows old. 

Hey :D

Welcome to the game and community.

Yeah, most ppl like the game, a lot of updates, new vehicles and mechanics in each patch, etc etc.

Never hesitate to ask your questions about the game here ;)

Edited by Vonarian_IR
medal

Hello everyone,

I'm technically speaking not brand new to the game, but I've only really started getting into it a few weeks ago. It's tons of fun though, and I actually started my very first YouTube channel, to share my experience and thoughts on the game. If you have a minute, feel free to have a look at it and tell me what you think. There is always room for improvement. As for now, have a great day, stay safe and I'll see you on the battlefield.

Cheers

HellFox

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, hellfox74144 said:

Hello everyone,

I'm technically speaking not brand new to the game, but I've only really started getting into it a few weeks ago. It's tons of fun though, and I actually started my very first YouTube channel, to share my experience and thoughts on the game. If you have a minute, feel free to have a look at it and tell me what you think. There is always room for improvement. As for now, have a great day, stay safe and I'll see you on the battlefield.

Cheers

HellFox

Thanks a ton for your contribution to the War Thunder community!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TacticalBurrito said:

Absolutely kinda Hate that you didn't Come to me about this priorly and just decided to take over my Thread regardless but good job anyway.

What are you talking about? I'm confused 

bonjour a tous ,

je suis Français, et je joue a WT depuis 2 ans a peu pres, mais en solo;

je voudrais faire partie d'un escadron et discuter en live pendant les combats aeriens;

y a til un tuto pour l'installation et l'utilisation de Discord?

merci a tous 

1 hour ago, lann31 said:

bonjour a tous ,

je suis Français, et je joue a WT depuis 2 ans a peu pres, mais en solo;

je voudrais faire partie d'un escadron et discuter en live pendant les combats aeriens;

y a til un tuto pour l'installation et l'utilisation de Discord?

merci a tous 

Bonjour mon amis,

Désolé, je n’utilise pas beaucoup mon français.  

Juste pour que vous sachiez que c'est le forum Anglophone, pour Le Français veuillez essayer ici .

Merci. :salute:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Howdy,

I've been playing war thunder for a few months, pretty much exclusively ground RB on the German tree. WWII history has always been a passion of mine, particularly tanks. I'm very new to forums in general, but I'd like to be part of this community and help war thunder achieve its full potential.

Anyways,

Attack the D point!

• Upvote 1