New to War Thunder? Step on in and say Hi :)

8 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

After having been away for 6 1/2 years I have downloaded War Thunder to look at how the game has evolved.

My compiments to the developers and the community. What a difference to 2014.

Take care and see you in Battle

Welcome! Glad to have you back.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

bonjour,

fada de jeux d'avions et de tanks j'ai deja joué en ligne en communaute avec il2 sturmovik et ww2 battle legend tank, wt est un jeu de ouf superbe mais extremement complique pour l'instant pour moi, je viens de le telecharger hier donc je pars de zero et j'ai tt a apprendre de plus j'ai achete un quest 2 et c une immersion totale sauf que......l'immersion dure moins de 30 secondes car a peine en l'air aussitot dezingue bref tres decourageant, j'ai suivi le didacticiel avion car pour l'instant je souhaite maitriser cette partie bref une montagne de questions, existe il chez vous des joueurs qui peuvent faire une sorte d'initiation en ligne via skype par exemple d'environ une heure pour au moins pouvoir commencer par comrprendre les bases du jeu et des reglages joystick ou des tutos you tube, je serais dans un premier interresse par missions solo et campagnes pour me faire la main avant de jouer avec vous en ligne deja je comprend pas comment debloquer des avions sans que ca coute une fortune mais j'ai bien compris que le jeu est payant mais vu la qualite du truc c justifié, bon merci  a tous de votre aide j'espere que vous pourrez m'aider, bien cordialement

2 hours ago, Maquisard30 said:

‎Good morning ‎

‎ fada of games of planes and tanks I have already played online in community with il2 sturmovik and ww2 battle legend tank, wt is a game of superb ouf but extremely complicated for now for me, I just downloaded it yesterday so I start from zero and I tt to learn more I bought a quest 2 and c a total immersion except that ... immersion lasts less than 30 seconds because has hardly in the air astot dezingue brief very decourageant, I followed the airplane tutorial because for now I want to master this part brief a mountain of questions, there are players in you who can do some kind of initiation online via skype for example about an hour to at least be able to begin by understanding the basics of the game and joystick settings or tutos you tube , I would be in a first interest by solo missions and campaigns to make my hand before playing with you online already I do not understand how to unlock planes without it cost a fortune but I understood that the game is paying but given the quality of the thing c justified, good thanks all of your help I hope you can help me , cordially‎

Hello there friend,

Firstly, welcome to the forums and welcome to the game! We're glad to have you here.

Please just be mindful that you're in the English speaking part of the forums, pour Français click here.

Cheers :salute:

Edited by TheCheshireCat

Hi there guys!

I'm new to the game but not to the gender, I've been playing WoT for a while now but I needed to change. After some stream watching I decided it was time to try War Thunder and I'm really glad I did because I consider WT much better than WoT, this is a total breath of fresh air, I'm trying to understand now how the tech tree works on WT cause it seems to be difrent from WoT where we aimed at a single tank and just grind the tree until we get there.

I'm also enjoying the community, I've been reading the forums and there is a lot of good information for new players like me.

Thank you all guys.

Best regards,

sTeVeyAyA

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

im new to war thunder, came here from World of Tanks Blitz ( the mobile version of WoT ) and am having a great time so far. I first found out about war thunder several years ago by watching PhlyDaily. Finally got a PC and decided to try it out. 

Happy to be here!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

11 hrs of playing .. mostly dying.. new to the War Thunder slaughter. The first few fights was fun, but now i just join the battles to die.

As you can guess i have no idea what i am doing.:burned:

On 11/01/2021 at 09:50, Rainylive said:

Hi from SOuth Africa

Realistic battles is the place to be, no arcade for me

Hi! Welcome to War Thunder

Hi, I am new to War Thunder. I was tired of continuosly dying and being horrible at every game except world of warplanes. I was pleasantly surprised to find a game where I could actually kill anything :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I’ve been playing for about three years now. I’m on the Xbox One X and in general I’ve enjoyed the game a great deal. I play primarily Air RB but have dipped into tanks and ships just a bit. I use the T.Flight HOTAS one for Air RB and that’s been a great experience for the most part. Don’t know how or why anyone would play with a mouse and keyboard but to each their own I guess. 

I have a question about the forum. I created two posts in the historical section in an attempt to get payload adjustments for the F2H Banshee and the B-18 Bolo. They have been awaiting approval by a moderator for well over a week now and nothing...is this normal? Did I do something wrong?

I sent a private message to someone I think is a mod and they haven’t even read it and it’s been nearly a week I believe. Was that bad protocol too? I feel like I don’t really know how to share my inputs if nothing gets approved? Any help is greatly appreciated. I’m relatively new to the forum but I thought I had gone about it the right way. 

Thank you all for your time. 

medal medal

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

-snip-

Hey there friend,

I’m sorry no one has gotten back to you. Can you see your posts as purple and hidden? If not, you’ll need to contact a technical moderator directly and ask why your post did not pass approval.

Here’s a list of technical moderators that would be able to help you:

If you need further help feel free to PM me or any of the other community helpers.

Correct. They are both purple so I presume that means they have not been approved. From what I can tell nobody has even looked at them. Does this mean they've been rejected? I'll reach out to another moderator from the list you sent as the person I sent a message to that I thought was a moderate hasn't replied either. The original posts were from January 11th so clearly I've broken some rule or something...cannot imagine why it would take this long to be approved. Thank you for your help. 

medal medal

6 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Correct. They are both purple so I presume that means they have not been approved. From what I can tell nobody has even looked at them. Does this mean they've been rejected? I'll reach out to another moderator from the list you sent as the person I sent a message to that I thought was a moderate hasn't replied either. The original posts were from January 11th so clearly I've broken some rule or something...cannot imagine why it would take this long to be approved. Thank you for your help. 

If you can still see them it just means they’re pending. It’s when they vanish completely that they have been rejected.

Unfortunately In this instance the only thing you can do would be to exercise patience and hope a tech mod can get around to looking at your threads sooner rather than later.

Edited by TheCheshireCat

i'm a new player, and unfortunately, i'm totally disappointed with the game. i'm constantly untired and pitted against players who have mastered the game and crews. this i find discouraging, so its unlikely that i will stick with it. after all, why should i? 

6 hours ago, Drowned_Rat said:

i'm a new player, and unfortunately, i'm totally disappointed with the game. i'm constantly untired and pitted against players who have mastered the game and crews. this i find discouraging, so its unlikely that i will stick with it. after all, why should i?

It can be challenging to begin with and is a steep learning curve, but is very rewarding when you master it. As you rightly said, lots of the players have played for years and are really good, but you'll find that with any game that's been out for a while, and not many games have been out for as long as war thunder and still carry such a large playerbase. Keep at it and you will get better.

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/01/2021 at 16:07, Drowned_Rat said:

Yes it seems like a lot of time was put into making a game and then even more time was spent finding ways to suck the fun and enjoyment out of it.

I would say treat it like a joke game or one of those daft games where you have the little jellybean guy competing against other players over an obstacle course but those are actually fun and bring a smile to my face and often a laugh as well, but here it is just a sombre Russian funeral dirge mourning the loss of fun, laughter and enjoyment.

There are a lot of problems in the way matchmaking and vehicle balancing is carried out, too many vehicles, too few ideas on how to integrate them all into the game so they are viable and not just a waste of time, space and graphics. As for the learning curve yes it is steep if the company cannot be bothered with even a mediocre set of instructional aids, the ones in place are insulting, patronising and childlike and cover the obvious basics that unless you have been unthawed from the 1970's the vast majority of people are already aware of and then they just stop no advancement. So either the game is hard and we cannot be bothered to show you how it works or it is easy and the hidden and disguised rng makes it seem hard.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hi all,

I am not technically new, as I have opened my account a few years back, but only recently have I returned back to the game and start learning the major skills as part of my initiative to move back into PC games. I quit those few years back because like the person in the above post, I was frustrated with facing much more experianced and skilled players that were able to spot me first and set up a shot.  I have learned quite a few skills and advanced up to the tech tree surprising quick given the many complaints about the grind. 

My current plans is grinding all four types of planes and tanks in the US tech tree, and I plan to reach the WW2/late WW2 era vechicles

Some milestones I have achieved are:

killing a puma (with M5A1)

killing a EBR (also with M5A1)

killing a R3 (yes, M5A1 )

getting a 4 kill game in ground RB (1 in M5A1, 3 in M4)

getting a torpedo kill in the Higgins killing a Japanese destroyer

killing a plane in air RB (the first Corsair) 

getting 3x kill in air RB with 500 pound bomb (Corsair)

Edited by Boomer865
  • Like 2

Hi there! 

I´m for sure one of the older members here.  I was born in January 1975, Sweden. I found this game because of my interest in battle tanks and WW2 history. I did my military service !994-95 stationed as a driver on the STRV 104 MekB18 (former P18) in Visby Gotland. So my goal is of course the swedish STRV 104. I´m currently on STRV 103. The STRV 104 is by no means the best tank in battle, it´s pure nostalgic for me. But i remember a very big exercise in the south of Sweden in the spring of 1995. Our company (Lärbro Kompani) brought our 10 tanks on trucks through the south of sweden to the battle ground of Revingehed in the county of Skåne. There we faced the STRV 121, the german leopard that Sweden was about to try out and possibly buy. They were trying it out with Crews of higher ranked officers. And we humiliated them with our old STRV 104. They did´nt stand a chance to our well oiled machinery. This is of course because of the lack of experiense of the crew.. We would not have a chance against the newer STRV121 with a proper Crew but it´s still a good memory!

And by the way .... i´m very impressed by some of you guys. I can not understand how you can hit someone so far away ..... i guess as  i wrote, skill matters

/Magnus

medal

10 minutes ago, Cunnilingus13421 said:

Hi there! 

I´m for sure one of the older members here.  I was born in January 1975, Sweden. I found this game because of my interest in battle tanks and WW2 history. I did my military service !994-95 stationed as a driver on the STRV 104 MekB18 (former P18) in Visby Gotland. So my goal is of course the swedish STRV 104. I´m currently on STRV 103. The STRV 104 is by no means the best tank in battle, it´s pure nostalgic for me. But i remember a very big exercise in the south of Sweden in the spring of 1995. Our company (Lärbro Kompani) brought our 10 tanks on trucks through the south of sweden to the battle ground of Revingehed in the county of Skåne. There we faced the STRV 121, the german leopard that Sweden was about to try out and possibly buy. They were trying it out with Crews of higher ranked officers. And we humiliated them with our old STRV 104. They did´nt stand a chance to our well oiled machinery. This is of course because of the lack of experiense of the crew.. We would not have a chance against the newer STRV121 with a proper Crew but it´s still a good memory!

And by the way .... i´m very impressed by some of you guys. I can not understand how you can hit someone so far away ..... i guess as  i wrote, skill matters

/Magnus

Hello and welcome!

Thanks for checking out the forums, it’s especially great that you shared some of your experience with your introduction. I remember visiting the military museum in Stockholm around Christmas 2016. Jag pratar lite Svenska också.

Looking forward to seeing you around :salute:

33 minutes ago, Cunnilingus13421 said:

snip

How is that an authorized pseudonym?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal