New to War Thunder? Step on in and say Hi :)

I just wanted to type Hello. And ive been waiting to play war thunder for a few years now and finally was able to last night. Its better than i thought it would be. As for who i am. I keep myself to myself for various reasons. But if you want to ask me something I might answer it no guarantee. My favorite movie of all time is Kelly's Hero's. My favorite tank is the Sherman with the original 75mm Low velocity cannon. Propeller driver plane is the Seversky P-35a and jet powered is the F-104 Startfighter. My second is the F-4 Phantom. And just because i can. I've got a design for my own jet fighter It's a mashup of the Starfighter and Fishbed. I call it Skyquake. it designed a single seat but has enough room for an extra seat. It uses in my simulations 2  modified General Electric J-79 or modified Tumansky R-15. Needless to says its wicked fast and maneuverable . Thank you for the opportunity. 

On 27/07/2020 at 20:48, Oddball70 said:

I just wanted to type Hello. And ive been waiting to play war thunder for a few years now and finally was able to last night. Its better than i thought it would be. As for who i am. I keep myself to myself for various reasons. But if you want to ask me something I might answer it no guarantee. My favorite movie of all time is Kelly's Hero's. My favorite tank is the Sherman with the original 75mm Low velocity cannon. Propeller driver plane is the Seversky P-35a and jet powered is the F-104 Startfighter. My second is the F-4 Phantom. And just because i can. I've got a design for my own jet fighter It's a mashup of the Starfighter and Fishbed. I call it Skyquake. it designed a single seat but has enough room for an extra seat. It uses in my simulations 2  modified General Electric J-79 or modified Tumansky R-15. Needless to says its wicked fast and maneuverable . Thank you for the opportunity. 

Hello and welcome!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've been playing WT off and on again for around 4 years. In that time I've barely gotten through any of the tech trees, and have felt like I just stagnate in the middle of tier two, which is pretty pathetic, considering I've never hit tier three with any country in any field. I've switched around with countries and am around tier two air and land for pretty much all the countries, but I still can't really find anything that clicks with me. Any suggestions?

Air: What felt the best so far was Britain, but the lack of cannons is severely hindering me, is it worth powering through the pain to get to the higher tiers?

Land: I mainly tried the U.S. but I honestly hate all of their tier 1 and 2 tanks. Germany has been pretty good to me so far starting out in tier two. I've also heard that Russia has pretty good tanks. Is there a large difference between the two nations, and which would you all recommend?

I haven't touched boats, and don't plan to.

On 13/09/2020 at 02:06, [email protected] said:

Hey guys , brand new adult player mostly playing with the planes .

AB and RB are my favourites so far but looking forward to trying custom matches .

Using American and british planes so far. 

See you in the sky.

Welcome,

you should give sim a go too, it's a completely different ballpark to ab or rb and a lot of fun. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to everyone in this community.
I am Nemanja.

I love WarThunder and think it's a peak MMO World War Strategy game, simply put, the best.
I've played a couple of battles so far and I mostly main Russian tanks, because Stalinium is inpenetrable. :lol2:

Just recently found out about the forum and decided to step in with the community, See if I can learn something new
about the game and stumble upon a professional that can teach me something I wouldn't find out on my own this early on.

Oh and Thank you for having me. :smile:

• 1 month later...

Greetings War Thunder Ground Forces players, I have been playing WoT Blitz for over 6 years and recently downloaded WT on my Mac. I am a big fan of Ww2 history and tanks as my grandpa fought with the South Alberta Regiment. Downloaded WarThunder about two weeks ago and have been enjoying both arcade and random battles, although I have a lot to learn on maps and locations to put my Shermans!  Find the big difference between WoT and WT is the actual people inside the tanks - kind of sobering to remember how many men died on both sides inside a tank.  War Thunder is more realistic and challenging and I am looking forward to many games. Happy with $$ so far as $10US bought me enough gold for a M4A5 Ram (Grandpa trained on that tank), a M4 Jumbo, and a T20 on sale!  Three premiums for that little investment is nice!  Cheers to all:)

Welcome @SgtFreemanCdn62 Glad to hear you are enjoying your game and are happy with your purchase! 

Welcome @NEMANJA_SRB99! Glad to have you on the forums. Lots of helpful stuff on here and plenty of friendly faces. Hope you enjoy it here! 

Hello.  Having fun as a noobie, but trying to dial in a hotas x flightstick has been a little frustrating.  Kinda hard to aim cause im getting some shaking (plus my aim probably has a lot to be desired). Any advice would be appreciated. Will bounce around the forums some to get some knowledge of the game. Got a lot to figure out.  Thanks. 

Hello, I am not new but got back to the game after a long time away, and this is my first post...

I'm from Spain. Congratulations to the devs, it's amazing the care and detail you put into the game and the amount of content you're constantly adding. Glory to War Thunder.

Would be fun to FLY?  you point your mouse in the direction you want your plane to go then it will do unthinkable things to get there.  I was under the impression it was a war plane sim but it is a kids mouse game.  The game is nice in the graphics but they need to make it non point and watch!

25 minutes ago, DRKSID said:

Would be fun to FLY?  you point your mouse in the direction you want your plane to go then it will do unthinkable things to get there.  I was under the impression it was a war plane sim but it is a kids mouse game.  The game is nice in the graphics but they need to make it non point and watch!

If you have a look at the controls you can set them up anyway you want. If you prefer to directly control the aircraft you can do so very easily. You can also try sim mode if you are looking for a more realistic, in depth experience. The game has plenty to offer, you just have to look.

For example, here is me flying sim mode, which is probably more what you're after: 

Howdy, all! 

Almost a total n00b here.  I've had an account for quite a while, but haven't been very active.  Adult problems, amirite?  I grew up playing air combat games and that seems a pretty neglected market segment at present, so I ended up here mostly for the aircraft I grew up obsessing over.  Looking forward to being slightly less terrible, etc.

• Upvote 1

Hey there! I'm Yuuki and well you could say I'm new to War Thunder. HAd this for years but never played and I regret it. I love roleplaying and if there's any squad that sees this - hit me up!

I choose the path of bombers and tanks and country? Japan!

Enough of me lets see where this all goes.

A warm welcome to

@jhockeyhunt!

@[email protected]!

@Valsum!

@Mahrs !

@ChibiYuuki!

Whether you're new or old to the game, thanks for stopping by the Academy, don't hesitate to ask any questions if you need any help! If you don't want to create a thread, feel free to PM one of our community helpers directly. :salute:

3 hours ago, ChibiYuuki said:

I love roleplaying and if there's any squad that sees this - hit me up!

If you're looking for others to play with, I'd suggest taking a look at the squadrons section, you'll find other like minded players who would be more than happy for you to join them :good:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hello,

Been playing for about a month or so, on an XBox One, was playing single player BF5 before that. In the past, I was a PC gamer (BF 1942, COD, BF1, etc...) but no longer have a personal PC. Using a controller is very awkward for me, compared to a mouse & keyboard (I understand I can get these for the XBox but I'm trying to adapt :curious: - that whole teach an old dog new tricks thing).

I was enjoying AB flying until I ranked up a bit and realized I just can't pursue/target for some reason, while I enjoy bombing AB is not the right game type for that. So I switched to Tanks and am really enjoying that, still doing AB (have BR 3.3? USA, BR 1.3 German and Swedish). Looking to get into RB if I can get discord working on my XBox (should't be an issue from what I read) and find a cool squad that plays for fun (been looking in the Squadrons forum)

As my name indicates I'm not the best player but I try :good:.

See you out there and watch your 6...

Edited by [email protected]

On 15/11/2020 at 13:34, [email protected] said:

Hello,

Been playing for about a month or so, on an XBox One, was playing single player BF5 before that. In the past, I was a PC gamer (BF 1942, COD, BF1, etc...) but no longer have a personal PC. Using a controller is very awkward for me, compared to a mouse & keyboard (I understand I can get these for the XBox but I'm trying to adapt :curious: - that whole teach an old dog new tricks thing).

I was enjoying AB flying until I ranked up a bit and realized I just can't pursue/target for some reason, while I enjoy bombing AB is not the right game type for that. So I switched to Tanks and am really enjoying that, still doing AB (have BR 3.3? USA, BR 1.3 German and Swedish). Looking to get into RB if I can get discord working on my XBox (should't be an issue from what I read) and find a cool squad that plays for fun (been looking in the Squadrons forum)

As my name indicates I'm not the best player but I try :good:.

See you out there and watch your 6...

Welcome to War Thunder mate!

• Like 1

Hello fellow sentient beings. I joined the game as of today about last week. And I have no idea what the hell I'm doing although I enjoy ramming people with my M24A because I can't hit shots from more than five meters for some reason. I am one of the few and rare people that plays on a Mac, and surprisingly it actually works. Rest assured some day I will be switching over to a more powerful windows PC so that I can actually enjoy some semblance of graphical quality without my computer attempting to go orbital. 

yeah that's about it. So Hi. 

5 minutes ago, H311CAT said:

Hello fellow sentient beings. I joined the game as of today about last week. And I have no idea what the hell I'm doing although I enjoy ramming people with my M24A because I can't hit shots from more than five meters for some reason. I am one of the few and rare people that plays on a Mac, and surprisingly it actually works. Rest assured some day I will be switching over to a more powerful windows PC so that I can actually enjoy some semblance of graphical quality without my computer attempting to go orbital. 

yeah that's about it. So Hi. 

Welcome!

Hopefully we'll see you around. If you ever need help doing more than ramming with your M24 the Academy will point you in the right direction :salute:

5 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

hey all im a late BR german tanker and looking for people to group up with i mostly play RB and SB and am giving the aviation a go too im a br 5 ish bomber 

Hello and welcome!

5 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Also if i where a new player what country tree do you think would be best to start in regarding tanks?

That entirely depends on what you're looking for out of the game. Most of the time it's just down to personal preference, but there are some nations that start off more difficult than others. Perhaps it would be a good idea to create a thread in the army section of the academy to get more players to weight in their opinions :) It'll be a good excuse to see how the academy operates for yourself.

Cheers!

• Like 4

After having been away for 6 1/2 years I have downloaded War Thunder to look at how the game has evolved.

My compiments to the developers and the community. What a difference to 2014.

Take care and see you in Battle

Edited by Captain_chaos
  • Thanks 1
medal