MasterofBlitz

New to War Thunder? Step on in and say Hi :)

Hello!

I've had my account for a bit, but just now decided to join in as a recommendation from a good friend of mine. I have to say I got hooked pretty quickly!

The only complaint I would have is macOS performance, as usually on the same exact system I can get double the framerates when on Windows using Bootcamp.

Cheers!

Hi everyone, new player here, I made the account at the end of March but worked up the courage to play some battles only now. Will need to ask some questions since this is the first time I touch War Thunder (and as I've noticed, my past experience in other similar online games is of little help).

See you around and take care of yourselves in these tiring times.

• Upvote 1

Welcome @Marauder87!! You already found this but anyways...you know you can ask any question here https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/161-the-academy-players-helping-players/

Also if you cannot find any answer, feel free to send me a message! One more thing, try finding a squadron, playing with ssomeone will help you a lot in the game! (specially to learn at the beggining)

Cheers!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hi,

I'm getting into tier 2 ground arcade and I would like some tips for using the American tree.

Thanks

I'm also an aspiring pilot in real life so if anyone wants help they are welcome to ask.

Back after 4 years - escaped POW Camp - ready to fly again - have switched from DocJMB to new User Name!!

Setting up a Warthog HOTAS previously used with PS4 version of game

It is a complex procedure :017:  -  - now have a gaming PC

Birds of Steel veteran - Never did master carrier landings!

Good to see all the advice still being shared!

Hello everyone!

I pretty much a new player, I signed in a couple years ago and had a bit of a look around but i wasn't really interested but as i have grown a little bit older my love for aviation is huge.

I like flying the big bombers and the fighters. I like the Japanese tree but i want to fly the US planes too. My only problem for now is getting rp. does anyone know a way to get it without having to spend money on golden eagles?? 

Hello, my nick is Tex_ator

I played BFV and WoT but was looking for a change.

Not sure but i guess i am in the top 10% of the War Thunder playerbase............when it comes to age.

The first 2 weeks was the game really fun but atm it turned to a frustrating experience. But as BF V player i am used to frustration.

Not sure if i stay on War Thunder but i will give it at least 2 more weeks.

hello  all new to game only been playing a few weeks or a month looking for information on crew upgrade kinda stuck having a hard time upgrading lower lvl crew member to advance 

8 hours ago, WildTigerMB said:

hello  all new to game only been playing a few weeks or a month looking for information on crew upgrade kinda stuck having a hard time upgrading lower lvl crew member to advance 

Hello and welcome!

On each vehicle slot at the bottom of the hangar, you can hover and then click crew. This brings up a tab where you can invest crew skill points into different crew members. This will increase their skill in a certain area. For example if you go onto the tanks loader, and increase their loading skill, the time taken for the tank to reload will be decreased.

You gain crew skill points by playing using the vehicle on that crew slot in battle.

Bonjour, 

Je suis français et j'ai commencé à jouer depuis 3 semaines, et j'ai très envie de progresser. Mais je rencontre des problèmes sur mon mac qui se bloque régulièrement en plein jeu. A qui dois-je m'adresser. merci d'avance.

Dramelac

16 minutes ago, Dramelac said:

Bonjour, 

Je suis français et j'ai commencé à jouer depuis 3 semaines, et j'ai très envie de progresser. Mais je rencontre des problèmes sur mon mac qui se bloque régulièrement en plein jeu. A qui dois-je m'adresser. merci d'avance.

Dramelac

Bonjour and welcome! 

I would recommend you to state your problem in the french community (communauté francophone).

Best regards :happy:

medal medal medal medal medal

Hi, all. I've been playing for a few years now (early 2016 according to my achievements,) but I've never bothered to create a forums account. It's good to finally get involved in the community. I hope we can get along well. 

medal

On 19/11/2017 at 20:32, MasterofBlitz said:

Hello Everyone.

If you are new to War Thunder, feel free to introduce yourself and meet the community as they welcome you.

We're all friendly here and we don't bite!

If you have any questions at all, feel free to Private message the Staff or the Community Helpers.

Good luck on the battlefield.

Well a thundering "Hello" to all of You then!

I find it very comforting that people here obviously "don't bite" :)  (see above quoted post)

yet tend to shoot :mitraljez: or bomb :bomber:

:facepalm:      :lol2:

I'm learning the ropes right now in WT.  

Starting in Arcade for now.

My goal would be to play in the real battle mode asap and I will certainly discover the simulator battle mode.

Please visit my Profile/about me page to see what else I'm up to.

One question for now:

Flying in Arcade with Mouse and Keyboard (for now)

Can the pitch axis be inverted for a bit more realistic movement feel?

So that pulling back on the mouse would be like pulling back the stick in a real plane.

See yah all out there some time.

CCC

(current status = cannon fodder)

Edited by cpt_chaos_canada

9 minutes ago, cpt_chaos_canada said:

One question for now:

Flying in Arcade with Mouse and Keyboard (for now)

Can the pitch axis be inverted for a bit more realistic movement feel?

So that pulling back on the mouse would be like pulling back the stick in a real plane.

Hello and welcome! :salute:

As far as I know, its doable by opening your control menu, selecting the aircraft tab and searching for "inverting". You get some toggleaable options there

medal medal medal medal medal