MasterofBlitz

New to War Thunder? Step on in and say Hi :)

12 hours ago, iLiKeBiKeS said:

Hello everyone i’m new here on forums, been playing the game for a while mostly planes and now im looking for someone to play with sinne i’v started to take the game more  seriously. Feel free to contact me here or om my psn, nick danneepnnee. Speek english fluently with some flaw in spelling. And i’m swedish :) happy holidays!

Hello and welcome, iLiKeBiKeS! 

Be sure to ask your questions and the forum members will be sure to help you out :) 

Welcome @iLiKeBiKeS! If you're looking for someone to play the game with, try checking out this section of the forum: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/156-squadrons/

There you will find different squadrons recruiting players, and you can join one and play with them. Hope you enjoy the game!

• Like 1

Hello. I've been playing and reading the forums for about a week now. I really enjoy the game for the most part. All I'm really interested in is German ground units. I came from a awesome flight sim/ war game. I played it for about 6 or 7 years,....gave it up because it was like online crack lol. I played wayyyy too much. It took me a few years and I stumbled onto War Thunder. I find this game to have a huge learning curve just like the old game I played. I like most I would guess, find it extremely frustrating to get killed on sight without time to even get a shot off. And in therare cases that I do my hits don't kill the bad guy. More times than not I seem to get nailed by several at one time. It's like the whole red team is eyeballing just me lol. …..drives me nuts. But I am improving slowly but surely. The problem is I don't know what I don't know. I trying to find a suitable squad (or clan} I reckon it's called in this game. But so far no luck.  

medal

Welcome @ArmedAndHammered! Looks like your problems are a case of practice makes perfect as you pointed out, although I don't think it's possible to be perfect at war thunder!

Like I said in the previous response, check out this section of the forum: 

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/156-squadrons/

You will find lots of squadrons recruiting and you can join one and play games with them. 

Most importantly though, good luck and have fun! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ArmedAndHammered said:

Hello. I've been playing and reading the forums for about a week now. I really enjoy the game for the most part. All I'm really interested in is German ground units. I came from a awesome flight sim/ war game. I played it for about 6 or 7 years,....gave it up because it was like online crack lol. I played wayyyy too much. It took me a few years and I stumbled onto War Thunder. I find this game to have a huge learning curve just like the old game I played. I like most I would guess, find it extremely frustrating to get killed on sight without time to even get a shot off. And in therare cases that I do my hits don't kill the bad guy. More times than not I seem to get nailed by several at one time. It's like the whole red team is eyeballing just me lol. …..drives me nuts. But I am improving slowly but surely. The problem is I don't know what I don't know. I trying to find a suitable squad (or clan} I reckon it's called in this game. But so far no luck.  

Hello.

If you want to have fun, do NOT play German ground units 5.7-7.7.

This is US and UK stomping ground which you should avoid.

Tiger II etc. are for sure attractive but massively outclassed by the US heavies and in general by unfair matchmaking :)

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hello I’ve been playing War Thunder for 3ish days now, and I really like it!

I only play planes and thus far just US stuff. I prefer Attack aircraft and the more maneuverable bombers. Most recently I’ve been using the A-36 (with extra guns!!), A-26G, and P40. I also really like the Vindicator (SB2U)! Played a lot until I researched the A36!

I like having big guns up front, and when possible some larger bombs!

Thus far I’ve only played Arcade mode, though we’ll see if that changes soon...

Hope to keep having fun on War Thunder and probably participating on these forums too!

Welcome @GooseSpitte! Great to hear you're having fun, the A-36 is one of my favorite planes at that BR as well, Although I use it with bombs in tank RB normally.

On 20/11/2017 at 16:08, CharlesKarino said:

HI, I'm really into SB and'd like to meet more SB player here

Nice to meet you

On 05/01/2018 at 17:58, Koneic said:

Hi everyone, I'm new here, kind of,

I signed in some time ago and I didn't play that much, but recently I really got attached to the game.

I started with the german aviation but I moved onto the Russian tech tree because ruska stronk

For now I mostly play tanks aand I'm kinda' bad even with tanks that are OP as everyone says.

Anyways I guess that I'll hang around here for a while :D

Hi! It is always fun that new players enjoy the game, I have been in for american ground forces for about a year now, and before that I to was grinding the german aviation tree. Hope you keep playing and enjoy the game as much as you can.

On 05/01/2018 at 17:58, Koneic said:

Hi everyone, I'm new here, kind of,

I signed in some time ago and I didn't play that much, but recently I really got attached to the game.

I started with the german aviation but I moved onto the Russian tech tree because ruska stronk

For now I mostly play tanks aand I'm kinda' bad even with tanks that are OP as everyone says.

Anyways I guess that I'll hang around here for a while :D

New player, refugee from "World of ......" games.  Enjoying it so far, but can't figure out how to buy newer ammo once I've researched it.  Looked at Wiki, no help there.  I'll look and/or search these forums too.  Looking forward to fun!

42 minutes ago, Ike1947 said:

New player, refugee from "World of ......" games.  Enjoying it so far, but can't figure out how to buy newer ammo once I've researched it.  Looked at Wiki, no help there.  I'll look and/or search these forums too.  Looking forward to fun!

In the modifications menu for a specific vehicle, click on the ammo for the gun you have unlocked and a pull-down menu will appear, then click on the unlocked ammo of choice.

Edited by krise_madsen
medal medal medal

Hi, I’m new to the game.I have been playing for almost 3 months I didn’t interact on the forum and i’m still a newbie. I prefer attack aircraft and have only played planes and a bit of naval forces.  I hope everyone here has fun.

Hello and welcome @Whut2 ,

Don't worry about not interacting on the forums for your first few months, you're here now! Glad to hear you're enjoying the game, try playing some ground vehicles as well if you get the chance, they're very different to what you've played so far and a lot of fun!

Good Luck and Have Fun! o7

Welcome @Rasukay, glad to hear you're enjoying the game! 

Check out the Pilots section of the academy for tips, and if you ever have a question, make a post and the community will help you out!

GL and HF!

Hello All, I have been playing WT for a little over a month now an I am hooked. The aviation has me though I have looked at naval and tanks for the future. I have question for you all. Last night I broke down and bought a faster fighter (A2D-1) mainly to keep up my honor a little bit anyway from being machine gun and cannon fodder so much. After I purchased this airplane my B-25 was removed from my airplane selection. Why was this removed and can I get it back? I would have chosen another plane to lose if I had to lose one like my A-36  or P-61C.  I liked my B-25 and was looking forward to getting a B-17E  in the future.

medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, FLAVICTORY said:

Hello All, I have been playing WT for a little over a month now an I am hooked. The aviation has me though I have looked at naval and tanks for the future. I have question for you all. Last night I broke down and bought a faster fighter (A2D-1) mainly to keep up my honor a little bit anyway from being machine gun and cannon fodder so much. After I purchased this airplane my B-25 was removed from my airplane selection. Why was this removed and can I get it back? I would have chosen another plane to lose if I had to lose one like my A-36  or P-61C.  I liked my B-25 and was looking forward to getting a B-17E  in the future.

Vehicles don't just disappear. It should still be there. Are you saying it disappeared from the tech tree or from the lineup at the bottom of the hangar screen?

• Like 1
medal medal medal

6 hours ago, FLAVICTORY said:

Thanks for the reply Krise, it disappeared from the line up on the bottom of the hangar screen.

Ah, then I suspect your purchased vehicle simply took the place of the B-25. You can just put the B-25 in the lineup again. Also, in case you didn't know, you can make multiple lineups and save them (press the "preset" icon at the bottom of the hangar screen).

medal medal medal

Thank you! I tried that an it worked as you said. I had no  idea that this war game was so complicated. It seems unbalanced at times with the plane selection in battle but I guess battle losses quickly help with that feeling. At times I seem to have a sign posted "shoot me down" first. It's hard for me to understand the layout of the aircraft and how it affects the game, which I am guessing the BR has to do with the planes. I think I may have bit of too much to quickly with the purchase of my A2D because I am now at BR 7 with jet powered airplanes against all my prop driven seems to have me at a disadvantage at times, but surprisingly enough I have managed to score  few jets as long as I get first shot with a well aimed burst. I believe I could have used more time at the lower level honing my skills before every flight now has become a fight for survival and a hope not to lose points. I am trying to decide on my next airplane and really not sure which way to go, though it seems my choices are now limited. P-51H or N whichever next model is or a B-17 that will become a big fat target unless I can coax another one or two to form to the target or a fighter would fly cover. It looks like B-29 and 57's are faster and/or have somewhat better defenses.

Sorry for the long message in advance and if there is any other wisdom you can part with it would be appreciated. Good luck and stay well!

medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, FLAVICTORY said:

Thank you! I tried that an it worked as you said. I had no  idea that this war game was so complicated. It seems unbalanced at times with the plane selection in battle but I guess battle losses quickly help with that feeling. At times I seem to have a sign posted "shoot me down" first. It's hard for me to understand the layout of the aircraft and how it affects the game, which I am guessing the BR has to do with the planes. I think I may have bit of too much to quickly with the purchase of my A2D because I am now at BR 7 with jet powered airplanes against all my prop driven seems to have me at a disadvantage at times, but surprisingly enough I have managed to score  few jets as long as I get first shot with a well aimed burst. I believe I could have used more time at the lower level honing my skills before every flight now has become a fight for survival and a hope not to lose points. I am trying to decide on my next airplane and really not sure which way to go, though it seems my choices are now limited. P-51H or N whichever next model is or a B-17 that will become a big fat target unless I can coax another one or two to form to the target or a fighter would fly cover. It looks like B-29 and 57's are faster and/or have somewhat better defenses.

Sorry for the long message in advance and if there is any other wisdom you can part with it would be appreciated. Good luck and stay well!

A little busy IRL right now. Will PM you later today. :)

medal medal medal

Hello! I am looking forward to learn the game and become a good member of the community.
I certainly have a long way to go, but all the resources the people have made will help to make the catching up faster.

Hello and welcome @Longbow316! It can take a while to learn the game inside and out, but it's easy to be a good community member.

If you need any help never hesitate to ask!

Enjoy the game and forums :salute:

Hello, all,

I live just south of the basic home for historical military aviation instruction, deep in the heart of Texas.

Like my nickname says....I am mostly blind, although I function fairly well with a VR type device and refuse to let my vision issues keep me from flying the virtual skes.  I am 73 years old (I know....go away old man), but that won't happen.

I have been playing for a couple of months now and probably have the worst score and pilot rating of anyone ever in the history of the game but hey, I will continue to do the best that I can and hope that I don't get any team mates killed through my actions or bad decisions.

Fighters seem to not be my forte' but I think that I can fly bombers well enough but, I have a question.....

Is there a setting for the gunners to fire automatically at enemy aircraft or must I go to the gunner's camera and do the aiming myself?  Hoping for a response stating...."Yes, there is an auto setting and here is how you set it up".

Be safe....stay well....and remember, no one is bullet-proff against the "19 Virus".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mosleebleyen said:

Hello, all,

I live just south of the basic home for historical military aviation instruction, deep in the heart of Texas.

Like my nickname says....I am mostly blind, although I function fairly well with a VR type device and refuse to let my vision issues keep me from flying the virtual skes.  I am 73 years old (I know....go away old man), but that won't happen.

I have been playing for a couple of months now and probably have the worst score and pilot rating of anyone ever in the history of the game but hey, I will continue to do the best that I can and hope that I don't get any team mates killed through my actions or bad decisions.

Fighters seem to not be my forte' but I think that I can fly bombers well enough but, I have a question.....

Is there a setting for the gunners to fire automatically at enemy aircraft or must I go to the gunner's camera and do the aiming myself?  Hoping for a response stating...."Yes, there is an auto setting and here is how you set it up".

Be safe....stay well....and remember, no one is bullet-proff against the "19 Virus".

Hi and welcome to War Thunder.

Good news: Gunners will shoot at enemy aircraft automatically! They're just not very good at it:

• During battle press "Y" to bring up the controls menu
  • Press "3" to select weaponry.
  • Press "4" to switch gunners on or off.

To improve your AI gunners spend Crew XP on "Defensive Armament". https://wiki.warthunder.com/Crew_skills#Defensive_armament

Happy gaming!

• Like 1
medal medal medal