New to War Thunder? Step on in and say Hi :)

Guest MedicRene

Hello,

I'm new to WT. I'm enjoying it.  I am trying to get Acer Windows VR to work with the game, but have been unsuccessful.  Any suggestions?

MedicRene

• 3 weeks later...

Newb here (well I tested it wayyy back, but never came back untill now). dont like the endless "sign in here" or the effect of clicking on a thing resulting in another 12 Gb download. so far

I wanna play!

"are you sure you want graphics?"

Edited by splashrun
medal medal

14 hours ago, *scttbsh47 said:

Not exactly new but been away for a long time. Its good to be back. See ya all in-game.

Glad you are back "Scttbsh47."

You being the founder of our Squadron USAV ..... we need you back.

Congrats to you on USAV having just passed the 5 Year Anniversary ...

we need to do some kind of a celebration victory battle with all active members?

We will be watching for your re-newed on-linedness. :salute:

- AeroFlite and AirOhead.

Edited by AirOhead
Wording clarity.
  • Upvote 2
medal

Hello everyone just checking in and introducing myself. I'm Iceman and I'm with the Blacksheep Squadron. Most of us came from another aviation game that I really don't want to mention. It was a horrible experience to say the least. Lot of drama, only so many planes, and just four maps. We have been playing this now for the past 2 weeks and there has been a bit of a learning curve, some *** whoopins but we are having a great time and do not miss the drama one bit. So many vehicles and maps to choose from. Hope to get to meet everyone and see ya on battle. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

• 3 weeks later...

I just started Playing WarThunder last night. I have been playing Tanks, I guess its called "ground forces" or something.  In Arcade mode.

I must say, its actually one of the funnest games I have played without really even learning it yet. It also is great how the online/lobby matching works, first game I have played where you can log on, learn for 5 min basics, and be playing people over and over with no judgement, no waiting, getting kicked out because you are new etc.
Excellently designed game, I am getting decent frame rates as well. And I still can't believe it is free. 
Hoping to meet a few of you guys/girls and learn how to blow you sky high with my German Panzer,,!! 

medal

Guten tag. Just installed the game yesterday even though it's been in my wishlist for a long time, not that long but nvm. Am a player and also a mod from WoT. Surprised to find that both games are from Russian devs. WoT's become really tiring for me casue of the toxic community and really competitive gameplay.

Enjoying it so far. Just don't understand crap xD. Feels nice be a part of the community BTW.

Edited by Cyanoxile

Hello!

I’m a Ace who’s been playing for a month, and my skill stays the same with only 1 kill per match... Soviet Yak player, who, has heard great words about these aircraft but don’t seem to get any success, but rather being a success for someone else at the start...

Any helpful help would be very helpfully helpful o7 

Edited by aceofspades2707

Hi guys!

I'm just some dude that decided to give this game a try since WoT is going to the dogs. Played a few battles, still have more deaths than kills and more losses than wins, but I'm willing to learn and improve, which is something at least.

See you all ingame.

Hi,
New to the game and I've been playing it for a couple of weeks (weeks? it allready has been Weeks?).  Really enjoying this :-)  Just browsing for hints and tips, reading and watching a few of the youtube tutorials  (many thanks for those) and just wanted to Hi :-)

L8tr,  Tom

medal medal

On 04/06/2019 at 20:25, Paul_Walker3922 said:

Hi.  I'm new and really bad.

Tanks are OK but Air RB...  Wow, just impossible.  See you out there...

On 05/06/2019 at 23:12, Guest MedicRene said:

Hello,

I'm new to WT. I'm enjoying it.  I am trying to get Acer Windows VR to work with the game, but have been unsuccessful.  Any suggestions?

MedicRene

On 21/06/2019 at 01:58, splashrun said:

Newb here (well I tested it wayyy back, but never came back untill now). dont like the endless "sign in here" or the effect of clicking on a thing resulting in another 12 Gb download. so far

I wanna play!

"are you sure you want graphics?"

On 21/06/2019 at 11:34, Abdototti06 said:

Hi WT community,

my name is Abdo, im from somalia.

i have finally gotten a proper internet to able to play.

See you on the battlefield!

Abdototti06

On 23/06/2019 at 02:08, *scttbsh47 said:

Not exactly new but been away for a long time. Its good to be back. See ya all in-game.

On 29/06/2019 at 18:34, XO_Iceman said:

Hello everyone just checking in and introducing myself. I'm Iceman and I'm with the Blacksheep Squadron. Most of us came from another aviation game that I really don't want to mention. It was a horrible experience to say the least. Lot of drama, only so many planes, and just four maps. We have been playing this now for the past 2 weeks and there has been a bit of a learning curve, some *** whoopins but we are having a great time and do not miss the drama one bit. So many vehicles and maps to choose from. Hope to get to meet everyone and see ya on battle. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

On 20/07/2019 at 11:01, Irtimo said:

Hi all,

I havd been playing War Thunder for..hmm.2 weeks now. I love it. Like the challenge that Realistic battles offer. I hope to meet many mature players like myself and play together..Searching for squadron...

On 25/07/2019 at 06:55, Star_Eternal said:

I just started Playing WarThunder last night. I have been playing Tanks, I guess its called "ground forces" or something.  In Arcade mode.

I must say, its actually one of the funnest games I have played without really even learning it yet. It also is great how the online/lobby matching works, first game I have played where you can log on, learn for 5 min basics, and be playing people over and over with no judgement, no waiting, getting kicked out because you are new etc.
Excellently designed game, I am getting decent frame rates as well. And I still can't believe it is free. 
Hoping to meet a few of you guys/girls and learn how to blow you sky high with my German Panzer,,!! 

On 29/07/2019 at 00:03, Cyanoxile said:

Guten tag. Just installed the game yesterday even though it's been in my wishlist for a long time, not that long but nvm. Am a player and also a mod from WoT. Surprised to find that both games are from Russian devs. WoT's become really tiring for me casue of the toxic community and really competitive gameplay.

Enjoying it so far. Just don't understand crap xD. Feels nice be a part of the community BTW.

On 02/08/2019 at 06:02, aceofspades2707 said:

Hello!

I’m a Ace who’s been playing for a month, and my skill stays the same with only 1 kill per match... Soviet Yak player, who, has heard great words about these aircraft but don’t seem to get any success, but rather being a success for someone else at the start...

Any helpful help would be very helpfully helpful o7 

17 hours ago, Knuddelwolf said:

Hi guys!

I'm just some dude that decided to give this game a try since WoT is going to the dogs. Played a few battles, still have more deaths than kills and more losses than wins, but I'm willing to learn and improve, which is something at least.

See you all ingame.

1 hour ago, Tom4Tiger said:

Hi,
New to the game and I've been playing it for a couple of weeks (weeks? it allready has been Weeks?).  Really enjoying this :-)  Just browsing for hints and tips, reading and watching a few of the youtube tutorials  (many thanks for those) and just wanted to Hi :-)

L8tr,  Tom

Welcome everyone to the game and the forums! Feel free to ask for help about anything in the game using the academy section. Our players will help you as much as they can. Enjoy your stay. :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Casual gamer from Sweden here.  I’ve had this game installed for quite a while but most of my few gaming hours have gone to Division 1 and 2 since 2015. But now this bug have bitten me. I love the RB tank battles so thats where you will find me. I came here trying to get into a squad since drivning around solo is pretty useless! 

I am on PS4. 

New to this game and really bad.  The tanks drive crazy, is there supposed to be a huge amount of latency on the steering and the mouse, or is it just my system?  I drive like I'm drunk!  Would appreciate any advise to a newbie.

medal

On 17/08/2019 at 14:08, Chargin_Kills said:

New to this game and really bad.  The tanks drive crazy, is there supposed to be a huge amount of latency on the steering and the mouse, or is it just my system?  I drive like I'm drunk!  Would appreciate any advise to a newbie.

Welcome to the game :salute:

Some of the beginning tanks are like this normally, and this effect even more exaggerated in Arcade mode.  Once you start to adopt heavier tanks, it mostly goes away for the most part, especially if you play Realistic mode.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thanks for the response JackRob.  Does everyone use the keyboard to drive (W,A,S,D)?  Was wondering if a joystick or some other type of controller would be better?  Having to anticipate turns and the over steering is extremely frustrating.  Tired of being at the bottom of the team statistics.  Not whining, just trying to figure out how to be competitive in this game.

Appreciate any assistance....thanks!

medal

On 21/08/2019 at 08:42, Chargin_Kills said:

Does everyone use the keyboard to drive (W,A,S,D)?

I use WASD for tanks, and I'm sure everyone who uses Mouse and Keyboard also sticks to this.  The over-steering is a (probably historical) trait with the tank(s) you are driving.  You'll either have to get use to it if you want to use the tank, or make due until you have another tank that's more suited for you.  Only tips I have for it is that I find that little taps instead of holding A/D can help, and I've even heard that investing in the crew skill "Tank Driving" helps with this.  If you have further questions, you're welcome to ask in the appropriate academy section where others can help and give their opinion as well.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

da Flakker536 sono un novellino anche se è da un po che gioco con gli aerei, rivolgo un caloroso saluto a tutti gli amici e nemici se   avete visto un imbranato che manovra quello sono io abbiate pietà fatevi abbattere ......: DD

Edited by flakker536