New to War Thunder? Step on in and say Hi :)

Guest MatauPlays

Well I'm the 403rd person here! I am fairly new to the game, but I've seen my nephew play WT and I used to play WoT and World of Warships so I'm fairly good at tank battles and naval battles. I love tank destroyers and heavy tanks for their armor and firepower. I'm also good at BB-1 and I can take out enemy planes quite well at this level.

hello everyone im new but not new to the game I played it back in the day when it was beta and tanks and ships and ALL the goodies it has now was just starting to be talked about saw it on the xbox played it didn't like it downloaded it on the pc and now I play it on both with even got the xbox its very own keyboard and mouse lmao

2 hours ago, ghost_corolla said:

hello everyone im new but not new to the game I played it back in the day when it was beta and tanks and ships and ALL the goodies it has now was just starting to be talked about saw it on the xbox played it didn't like it downloaded it on the pc and now I play it on both with even got the xbox its very own keyboard and mouse lmao

Welcome to the forums, glad you're here.

Hey guys, new to the forum not on the game played since 2017 but im still noobish. Lvl 22 and flys fighters all the time RB. Am looking for a squad so i can improve my skills. Will be looking for ya'll.

medal

4 hours ago, MrSureshot said:

Hey guys, new to the forum not on the game played since 2017 but im still noobish. Lvl 22 and flys fighters all the time RB. Am looking for a squad so i can improve my skills. Will be looking for ya'll.

Welcome to the Forums!

If you wish to look for a squadron to join check out the Looking for a Squadron section: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/159-looking-for-a-squadron/

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Almost new to the forum and game.

Play it for a few weeks now. Tried WT tanks after I got very frustrated by the, to many, 3 arti battles in WOT (I played that 15k battles). At first I played WOT most and switched over to WT if I had to many 3 SPG battles but at the moment I think I play WT more because I start to like it more. Strange because I am not even a very good WT player but I think the credits for that are going to the 3 respawn option. You now can go to a safer spot or even go back and take revenge (learned quick that is not the smartest thing to do, but if I want I can and that alone does make me feel better). 

Also like the combination with airplanes and the way arti works, at least here you have a chance (I have at the moment no intention/interest on flying planes) and I like all the "strange" vehicles you can play.

The thing I always missed in WOT is the possibility to make testdrives. I use that in WT a lot to practice and to research things.

• Like 2

On 19/11/2017 at 19:32, MasterofBlitz said:

Hello, my name is Lynx2006, my name was made up from another game, to mean 'bad luck' because my plane had a black cat (Jaguar) on the tail. I am actually not bad luck, but I posted something that got taken off or something, but I think that my name is bad for me. My original username for online games, was Acekiller11, the name gave me power, but anyways, send me friend request. :D Oh, ps: I am a male

Edited by Lynx2006

Iv had this account for a few years now, Got burnt out playing WOTs with all the Russian Bias that is WOTs.

I was US Army for 26 Years started as a 12B then went 62J and ended as a TC for the 3/73 ARC.

Trained in the good old M60A2 and ended in the M1A1, 

As in any game realistic is never found, but in this game RUSSIAN Bias is rampant. 

Tanks that can one shot other tanks did not come into reality till the late 60, Yes the tiger/ panther was the first tanks to able to do this but that is more of thin armor and not gun.

Not until the late 50 and early 60 could a tank round pin the front of others. And that is more do to the round being fired and not the gun.

I do understand that this is a game but just as WOTs is a game it is set for Russian bias, I have played German , American and Russian and a few French tanks in this game and all but the Russian Tanks are thin and guns are BAD real BAD. but as stated its not the guns but the rounds they are firing down rang. 

I have seen a few post about learning the weak spots on tanks and knowing where to pen but that is pure BS when you could shot a 8.8 through the front of every tank till you get to the IS or Super Heavy US tanks.

But in this game you have rounds ( Russian ) that pen from more then 20000 Yards away as German rounds fall short. 

So yes there is a major Russian bias in not only Tanks but also on the rounds being fired from them.

So I have learned all ready to go with RUSSIAN tanks from the start much like in WOTs.

The AI Tanks taken your Gun out every time and then the AI Tanks shooting you from the start and the Drop in games already started gets old fast.

But Then when you have a company that panders to one set of Players ( Russian ) you really cant expect much fun in other country's Tanks. 

But hey its only a game and can only keep my interest till I find a new one, But I can tell all ready it wont be long ( not years like WOTs) before I find on new game.

Tiger-I-1.jpg

germans-using-t-60-tank-ww2.jpg

Edited by Otto_1912
medal medal

Hello.  I've been playing war thunder for maybe two weeks and I love this game.  I always die but I am learning the ropes of the game.  My grandson who is 4 years old likes the airplane while I like the tanks. my ign is flormag.

Edited by flormag

Bonjour a tous 

Moi c'est psycho j'ai découvert ce jeu il y a peu et j'ai de suite accroché.  Novice mais qui apprend vite je cherche des escouades françaises avec qui je pourrais apprendre tte les ficelles du jeu 

N'hésitez pas à m'envoyer une invitation sur le jeu ou ici

Merci a vous 

On 15/03/2019 at 12:47, *Psycho_Pat_2802 said:

Bonjour a tous 

Moi c'est psycho j'ai découvert ce jeu il y a peu et j'ai de suite accroché.  Novice mais qui apprend vite je cherche des escouades françaises avec qui je pourrais apprendre tte les ficelles du jeu 

N'hésitez pas à m'envoyer une invitation sur le jeu ou ici

Merci a vous 

Welcome / Bienvenue sur le forum!

Merci de poster en Français uniquement dans le sous-forum francophone dédié pour et en Anglais dans la section internationale.

Have fun!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, PrussianOwl said:

Hey everyone, PrussianOwl here. I'm a new player and I'm here from World of Tanks,. I tried this game, and found it was way better. Only thing I miss about WoT is the Chinese line and a few tanks.

Hi 

Welcome to War Thunder and to the Forums!

Feel free to check out The Academy section for useful information for both beginners and veteran players.