New to War Thunder? Step on in and say Hi :)

16 minutes ago, antoncorre79 said:

Sir! Reporting for duty sir! :salute:

Welcome to the game and forums :salute:

• Like 2

Hello Warriors,

I have been playing War Thunder for a week now.  It's got a steep learning curve but I can already tell it's gonna be a favorite.   The only thing that I find curious is how I hadn't learned of this game before now?!  Oh well...  Late is better than never I guess.. 

I'll be cannon fodder for at least a few weeks until I get the hang of things.

Cheers,

Fat Rastus

5 hours ago, FatRastus said:

Hello Warriors,

I have been playing War Thunder for a week now.  It's got a steep learning curve but I can already tell it's gonna be a favorite.   The only thing that I find curious is how I hadn't learned of this game before now?!  Oh well...  Late is better than never I guess.. 

I'll be cannon fodder for at least a few weeks until I get the hang of things.

Cheers,

Fat Rastus

Welcome! If you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask. :salute:

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I already knew the War Thunder some years, but now by influence of a friend I have already played more regularly. I hope we meet in the skies of WT and that the fun begins. Thank you and good flights. best regards.

11 minutes ago, Luso74 said:

Hello everyone, I already knew the War Thunder some years, but now by influence of a friend I have already played more regularly. I hope we meet in the skies of WT and that the fun begins. Thank you and good flights. best regards.

Hi buddy

Welcome to War Thunder and to the Forums! :salute:

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

16 minutes ago, Luso74 said:

Welcome to the game and forums!

• Like 1

Hello everyone.  I have not gamed in many years and decided 2 weeks ago to go and buy a nice, new, expensive, AlienWare gaming computer.  Since then I have tried about 30 different demo and free type games and nothing has really caught my attention.........until now.  I have just started to play War Thunder and I must say is it great.  The game play is tough but the learning curve seems fair.  To realism and strategy in this game is wonderful.  I am looking forward to playing and learning more about this game.  In the next week weeks I may be on here asking some questions from you veterans. 

56 minutes ago, CPTBraine37 said:

Hello everyone.  I have not gamed in many years and decided 2 weeks ago to go and buy a nice, new, expensive, AlienWare gaming computer.  Since then I have tried about 30 different demo and free type games and nothing has really caught my attention.........until now.  I have just started to play War Thunder and I must say is it great.  The game play is tough but the learning curve seems fair.  To realism and strategy in this game is wonderful.  I am looking forward to playing and learning more about this game.  In the next week weeks I may be on here asking some questions from you veterans. 

Hi Mate

Welcome to War Thunder and to the Forums!

Please do feel free to check out The Academy section for a wide range of tips/information. 

Edited by Shuri_96
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, CPTBraine37 said:

Welcome, glad you found the game. Any questions you may have, feel free to ask. :salute:

Edited by magazine2

I appreciate the welcomes.  I do look forward to learning more.  This is a great game that I found by accident.  Glad I did

One of the few games where I think I've spent more time in the hangar ogling the vehicles than actually playing. Try and find a squadron or a discord server so you have a group of friends to play with regularly, as a pair will always be superior to fighting solo. They'll be able to answer some of your questions and show you the ropes. 

There's a lot to learn and a lot to grind, so make sure you're having fun. Don't feel you need to play vehicles you don't enjoy, or that don't suit your playstyle. Find what scratches your itch best and repeat ad infinitum. 

medal medal medal medal medal

Greetings all, Been WarThundering for a couple of months now, Enjoying it thus far. Been a longtime flightsim guy(chuck yeagers ace combat,aces of the pacific,cfs1/2,il2 etc)Yes I've erm,been around the block a few times(46 years young) Hopefully I can carry on enjoying this game(trying to ignore it's quirk's and errr 'balancing' that's deviated from some aspects of realism) but anyway, figured i'd poke my head into the forums,see whats going on :D

Cheers, From England.

~S

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Loonystick said:

Greetings all, Been WarThundering for a couple of months now, Enjoying it thus far. Been a longtime flightsim guy(chuck yeagers ace combat,aces of the pacific,cfs1/2,il2 etc)Yes I've erm,been around the block a few times(46 years young) Hopefully I can carry on enjoying this game(trying to ignore it's quirk's and errr 'balancing' that's deviated from some aspects of realism) but anyway, figured i'd poke my head into the forums,see whats going on :D

Cheers, From England.

~S

I remember those old games too. Played the crap out of Chuck Yeager and the Aces games.

Welcome to War Thunder and the forums. 

medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Loonystick said:

Cheers, From England.

~S

Hi buddy

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, andersen_jacob91 said:

Hi there I'm a new pilot.  I'm JAndy_CO.   I'm really looking to improve my aviation experience in Simulation Mode.  

Hi Mate

I recommend you check out The Academy section for a lot of information that will help you improve your skills.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thysis said:

Hello all,

I have been playing this game for 3 weeks and have already made it to the Tiger H1 and it has been a blast. I am really loving tanks battles. Hope to find a group of people to play with this weekend. Good luck out there all.

Hi buddy

Welcome to War Thunder and to the Forums!

If you are looking for people to play with i recommend checking out and creating a post in the Looking for a Squadron section. :salute:

• Like 1

Guest DiePanzerGraf

I don't know if it is just me, but this game isn't as intuitive as that other armored warfare game is. I don't like straeffing runs from overhead aircraft either. I'll stick with it a little while longer and see if it begins to grow on me. One thing is for certain, the Russkies seem to have a different thought process as far as game layout goes. I just seem lost most of the time I am playing.