New to War Thunder? Step on in and say Hi :)

Hello everyone. I started playing 2 days ago and am loving it so far. Looking forward to playing and learning more. Hope to find a good squadron to connect with

Good afternoon everyone from probably the only Texan that doesn't know how to aim properly.

I registered a few years back but haven't really gone to actually playing until recently.

I may have been a Sidewinder in a previous life as my mid-air collision is kinda high in an effort to be a more effective gunner.

1 hour ago, Siestanator_Rio said:

Good afternoon everyone from probably the only Texan that doesn't know how to aim properly.

I registered a few years back but haven't really gone to actually playing until recently.

I may have been a Sidewinder in a previous life as my mid-air collision is kinda high in an effort to be a more effective gunner.

Hi Buddy

Welcome to War Thunder and to the Forums! :salute:

I would recommend you check out The Academy section as there is loads of information there that you will find useful.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Siestanator_Rio said:

probably the only Texan that doesn't know how to aim properly

Nope.  I think we have a moderator that fits into that category as well.  :tongue:

Greetings and welcome, Siestanator_Rio.
:snowgirl:

medal medal medal medal medal

Hey there folks.  

I got into this game thinking I'd only play Air Battles as I've been using WoT Blitz for my tanking fix.  But the way this game works is just so much more interesting that I'm now getting into tanks as well.  

I'm slowly figuring out how to play on my MacBook Pro.  And more and more wishing I actually owned a gaming quality PC.  I watch as many YouTube vids as I can, but if you have any suggestions on how to set up the controls on a lap top or just general advice I'll happily take it.

medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Sturmtiger313 said:

hallo, alte Kameraden! 

hello old comrades! 

3 hours ago, SanguinaryDan said:

Hey there folks.  

I got into this game thinking I'd only play Air Battles as I've been using WoT Blitz for my tanking fix.  But the way this game works is just so much more interesting that I'm now getting into tanks as well.  

I'm slowly figuring out how to play on my MacBook Pro.  And more and more wishing I actually owned a gaming quality PC.  I watch as many YouTube vids as I can, but if you have any suggestions on how to set up the controls on a lap top or just general advice I'll happily take it.

Welcome to the game and forums! If you need any help, feel free to ask and we'll do our best to answer your questions.

17 hours ago, Sturmtiger313 said:

hallo, alte Kameraden! 

hello old comrades! 

15 hours ago, SanguinaryDan said:

Hey there folks.  

Hi Guys

Welcome to the Forums and to War Thunder! :salute:

Feel free to check out The Academy section for knowledge about the game.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well, hello there everyone.

I wouldn't consider myself new as I've been playing the game since August 2014 with breaks, but I only just decided to join the forums.

I mostly play Air RB and AB, but recently got more into Tank RB. I feel like I'm an average/above average player depending on the mood.

That's it from me, have a nice day! :salute:

Edited by SimonInvader

10 minutes ago, SimonInvader said:

I wouldn't consider myself new as I've been playing the game since August 2014 with breaks, but I only just decided to join the forums.

I mostly play Air RB and AB, but recently got more into Tank RB. I feel like I'm an average/above average player depending on the mood.

Welcome to the forums! It's lovely around here, everyone is very welcoming and nice. Enjoy :salute:

44 minutes ago, SimonInvader said:

Hi Mate

Welcome to Forum Thunder! :salute:

• Like 1

This is great, after being harassed by a player last night for being a “Ace” because of my stats and rank (been playing for nearly 3 years, never mind lol) it’s refreshihg to feel welcomed. I’d like to welcome all new players, it’s a great game if your enthusiastic about aircraft tanks etc, don’t feel put down for not having amazing stats by level 100 players, they was “Aces” once. Have fun and good luck, see you in game. Best regards. ChairmanWow1 

On 06/01/2019 at 21:54, Siestanator_Rio said:

Welcome to war thunder. Don’t worry about your aim, took me ages to master it,  but I’m still learning as every different gun has their different aiming points, the higher the velocity the less lead you have to give. Good luck.

9 hours ago, *ChairmanWow1 said:

This is great, after being harassed by a player last night for being a “Ace” because of my stats and rank (been playing for nearly 3 years, never mind lol) it’s refreshihg to feel welcomed. I’d like to welcome all new players, it’s a great game if your enthusiastic about aircraft tanks etc, don’t feel put down for not having amazing stats by level 100 players, they was “Aces” once. Have fun and good luck, see you in game. Best regards. ChairmanWow1 

9 hours ago, *ChairmanWow1 said:

Welcome to war thunder. Don’t worry about your aim, took me ages to master it,  but I’m still learning as every different gun has their different aiming points, the higher the velocity the less lead you have to give. Good luck.

Well put!

Also remember guys, you should report harassment in-game and mostly ignore them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, *ChairmanWow1 said:

Hi Mate

Welcome to War Thunder and to the Forums!

Feel free to look around The Academy section for a wide range of knowledge that you can apply to your own skills.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Arctic_Mustang said:

I am a relatively new player. I main the U.S. tech trees, and usually play tank RB, but I'm also looking to get better at Air RB. Slowly realizing that a good Attacker is vital to a lineup. Anyways, hello all, and look forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

Welcome to the game and forums! Feel free to ask any questions about the game you may have.

• Like 1

Guest Clone_Engineer

Re-installed my War-Thunder account (1st played in 2015) but I am still very "green" in this game.

Uninstalled World of Tanks - fed-up with the insanity, the pay to win aspect, the disastrous match-maker, the power-creep of the "new" tank over the tanks you already have ( witch become worthless over time) and finally - the introduction of the wheeled vehicles, rendering everything else obsolete ( the new wheeled vehicles are so fast and agile that playing them against medium and heavy tanks is like shooting zombies. )

Just went thru the tutorials again and will be looking for a "relaxed" platoon oriented Squadron to learn and enjoy this game.

I just wish I had chosen War Thunder to play before WoT - I could have saved a lot of time, $$, and anguish.

18 minutes ago, Clone_Engineer said:

Re-installed my War-Thunder account (1st played in 2015) but I am still very "green" in this game.

Uninstalled World of Tanks - fed-up with the insanity, the pay to win aspect, the disastrous match-maker, the power-creep of the "new" tank over the tanks you already have ( witch become worthless over time) and finally - the introduction of the wheeled vehicles, rendering everything else obsolete ( the new wheeled vehicles are so fast and agile that playing them against medium and heavy tanks is like shooting zombies. )

Just went thru the tutorials again and will be looking for a "relaxed" platoon oriented Squadron to learn and enjoy this game.

I just wish I had chosen War Thunder to play before WoT - I could have saved a lot of time, $$, and anguish.

Welcome to the game! We welcome you here very much, if you have any questions about the game or something you need help with, feel free to ask or make a thread in this section, and we'll help you out.

If you want you can visit here to look for squadrons. 

:salute:

• Like 1