MasterofBlitz

New to War Thunder? Step on in and say Hi :)

It's badges for people who were involved in testing past major versions of the game, either by winning their way into the tests, being selected into them or by buying the premium vehicles necessary to participate in them.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Kasukaru said:

It's badges for people who were involved in testing past major versions of the game, either by winning their way into the tests, being selected into them or by buying the premium vehicles necessary to participate in them.

I suppose until xbox players become available to link our accounts that we'll be unable to receive these badges then? Like the Navy Tester and Valkaries, played a lot in the beta with the German ships and Have been tinkering with the premium Hind and that first helicopter as well. I had reached the SF40s in the ships when the reset hit.

17 hours ago, DragonSouIkin said:

Hi all, some of ya might've seen me floating around the xbox one discussion forums a bit. Been playing the game since early-release on xbox became available. Played the crap out of the German ships during the boats beta and have something over a thousand battles under my belt by now. I was just focused on the boats and American planes but I'm reaching Rank IV in most aspects including tanks and even dabbling in the helicopters with buying the premium Hind.

Lots of bugs, lots of reporting, but I feel I've been doing my part to help the xbox community meld in with our PC and PS4 counterparts. Here's my battle/stat page since I can't link my account DragonSoulkin

Just curious, I've noticed people having "badges" in their signatures and I'm not finding any info on what the criteria are for earning any of them.

Hi Mate

Welcome to the Forums and to War Thunder! :salute:

Badges can be earned by purchasing packs that offer pre-order bonuses.

Most of these packs are related to CBT access when new nations are introduced into the game via new major game updates.

• Like 1

@xShurikeNx
Is the access to Royal Navy Beta Test still being granted by purchasing Fairmile or Haida?  I think the earning tester stars is over but I can not remember the dates.
Or perhaps the helicopter badge is still available?

medal medal medal medal medal

7 minutes ago, _Gertrude said:

@xShurikeNx
Is the access to Royal Navy Beta Test still being granted by purchasing Fairmile or Haida?  I think the earning tester stars is over but I can not remember the dates.
Or perhaps the helicopter badge is still available?

Yeah, you are still able to gain access to the Royal Navy CBT by purchasing one of the two packs. You can also currently still earn the CBT stars

• Thanks 2

Problem is whatever is purchased through the store doesn't apply to the xbox account so it seems we'll have to wait till we can link our account.

I have no console, and I'm not familiar with the problems associated with that. 

You might search to see if a solution has been found, and if not, post your problem in the X-Box Discussion Area.

Good luck, fair winds and following seas to you!
:snowgirl:

That's already been made aware actually, we have to make our purchases through the Microsoft Store rather than Steam or the War Thunder store as the accounts are not linked to the Microsoft Account so the purchase will be on the account being used to access the forums. I believe PS4 players also have to make their purchases through the PSN so that itself isn't going to change I would guess. It's just a matter of when we can link our accounts for us to get the badges, like I would have the Valkyries and Naval Tester badges but we'll see when it comes up. I was just hoping to find a way to be that Xbox guy that has badges too lol.

• Like 1

Hello, I just started earlier this week... I mostly came because I saw planes and tanks and ships. I decided to start with aircraft and secondary with ships, and save tanks for later. So far I have had fun flying russian planes around in RB.

3 minutes ago, Comrade_dimitri said:

Hello, I just started earlier this week... I mostly came because I saw planes and tanks and ships. I decided to start with aircraft and secondary with ships, and save tanks for later. So far I have had fun flying russian planes around in RB.

Welcome to the game. You're welcome to make a topic or ask any questions if you have any concerns and questions about the game, and we'll do you best to help you out :salute:

32 minutes ago, Comrade_dimitri said:

Welcome in game and on the forum. 

Just a note: ground forces (RB and Sim) game modes are actually the ones which mix the most types of vehicles (tanks, planes and helicopters). So you might want to have a look at the tank tech tree as well. Just saying.  ;) 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Tom_v_d_Kolk said:

Hello my name is Tom.

I AM new to the game.

I was a tanker in the dutch army.

Welcome to the game!

Free feel to post in this section if you need help.

"Old guy" (55) who started this a few days ago and quite enjoy the academy random scenario thing.  Modeller and wargamer (models and figures - couple of pics below) for nearly 45 years.  Thought I would not enjoy the ahistorical mix but it's not a problem for me - red and blue is fine.  :smile:  My graphics are set to "extra low quality" due to my lap top, but it's still way better than the last tank game I played which was "M1 Abrams Tank" back about 1989 when I was actually a peace time/Cold War armour officer (Leopard C1 and Cougar AVGP).

bagSu76.jpg

SovietsCloseOnFarm.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hello!  I have been playing for about a month, first on PS4 now on PC. I love the game!  I play with a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro - A nice basic controller. I play AB and generally run Medium bombers/attack aircraft. I like the feel of making that desperate attack as the enemy fighters attack with everything they have. I started on the U.S. line and was making nice progress, but have recently switched to the Italian group. I can't decide if these early 1.0-2.7 planes are oddly beautiful or aggressively ugly. The S.81 feels slower than my trusty old PBY Catalina. And while the Catalina wants to climb so bad that you have to keep pointing the nose back down, the (stock) S.81 starts stalling after takeoff at anything more than about a 5-degree climb rate. I love that quirkiness that Gaijin has built into the models of these aircraft.

Love the game!  See you in the skies!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stavros_Petrosa said:

Hello!  I have been playing for about a month, first on PS4 now on PC. I love the game!  I play with a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro - A nice basic controller. I play AB and generally run Medium bombers/attack aircraft. I like the feel of making that desperate attack as the enemy fighters attack with everything they have. I started on the U.S. line and was making nice progress, but have recently switched to the Italian group. I can't decide if these early 1.0-2.7 planes are oddly beautiful or aggressively ugly. The S.81 feels slower than my trusty old PBY Catalina. And while the Catalina wants to climb so bad that you have to keep pointing the nose back down, the (stock) S.81 starts stalling after takeoff at anything more than about a 5-degree climb rate. I love that quirkiness that Gaijin has built into the models of these aircraft.

Love the game!  See you in the skies!

Hi Mate

Welcome to War Thunder and to the Forums! :salute:

7 hours ago, Stavros_Petrosa said:

I can't decide if these early 1.0-2.7 planes are oddly beautiful or aggressively ugly.

Both.

Greetings and welcome Stavros! 
:snowgirl:

Thought it's about time I dropped in to say hi, really enjoying realistic ground battles so far, after acquainting myself with the controls in arcade; I do enjoy this more than the WoT & Wow, and I very much appreciate the time and effort that the devs and players, (I've seen the guys in the Challenger threads) put in to make the vehicles as accurate as possible. It's nice to see a community which puts an emphasis on historical fact where possible, rather than an idealised version of how they perceive a vehicle should function, which runs rampant on other forums. 

Image result for gif pug wave

medal