Spartakus_SK

KV-1S or KV-1 ZiS-5?

I'm wondering,should I go for kv-1 zis-5 or kv-1s? I need 10k more research for kv-1s and I haven't started the zis-5 yet.

i like the zis5 more, with a bit of angling you are immune to almost every gun at it's br range.

medal medal medal

The Zis-5 is arguably better, but I personally prefer the S.

It's speed allows it to relocate pretty fast for a tank it's size, and with some angling, it becomes largely immune to German 50mms, American 75mms, the short 75, 6-pounder and British 75mm gun. Gun is the same.

What can really save it is it's reverse. It does over 10km/h backwards, and if you know what to do with that, it works wonders

-Ambushes in cities. Pop out, get back in quickly

-emergency retreats without having to get it turned straight away

-suprise attacks at medium range

It's harder to master and easy to kill, but a lot of fun once you got the hang of it

medal medal medal medal medal medal

the KV-1S is like a fat T-34. it's armor is still strong but not as strong as the KV-1 L-11, while being quicker on the get-up-and-go with a better cannon. with this it's a medium-heavy tank and should be played as such- somewhat aggressive, pushing forwards but using angling and sidescraping, and playing cautious around german long 75s like the later Pz.4s and StuGs.

the KV-1 ZiS-5 is more of the same to the KV-1 L-11. it's big, slow, and packs a slightly limited punch like a nuke to the face.

both suffer severe issues when uptiered and facing thick and/or sloped armor. which is the reason for the KV-85 existing. but i'd say the KV-1S is one that can last longest past its sell-by date.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1S rarely gets a look-in in my lineup - ZIS-5 is miles better at everything that is important.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Try thinking of it like this:

Situation: Each battle runs differently compared to the last. KV-1S fits more like a heavy medium while the KV-1 Zis-5 is more of a true heavy. Look at the map and how the battle starts off, see what tank fits the role better.

Play style: Both vary a bit because KV-1S is faster but KV-1 Zis-5 has a bit more armour. This can determine if you will like the tank or not. If it does not suit your play style, then it may not be the tank for you.

My best advice: Go get both and see which one you like the most.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Admiral_Aruon said:

playing cautious around german long 75s like the later Pz.4s and StuGs.

Don't forget the japanese Type 2 75mm (Chi-to and Chi-nu II), it cuts through russian armor easily at that BR and I see a lot of people in heavies underestimating it.

medal medal medal

I bought the zis 5 because I'm your average russian xxxx and I can't survive 30 seconds unless I have heavy armor or Stalin at my side ricocheting shells left and right.

1 hour ago, Spartakus_SK said:

I bought the zis 5 because I'm your average russian xxxx and I can't survive 30 seconds unless I have heavy armor or Stalin at my side ricocheting shells left and right.

ricochet!? xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa tovarish you no ricochet, you glare at shell until it stop out of respekt and sends itself to gulag.

• Haha 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Spartakus_SK said:

)))))))))))))) don't worry comrade the zis5 has both heavy armor and stalin at it's side. stalin is at side of all stronk russian tonks.

medal medal medal

On ‎11‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 2:37 AM, Admiral_Aruon said:

it's armor is still strong but not as strong as the KV-1 L-11

Frontal armor is actually thicker, and the turret has a curved face. From the front, it can rely on it's armor to a reasonable degree if you are facing Cromwells, Pz.IIIs, or early Shermans, and since I have been downtiered with it A LOT, that generally does the trick

I often find the L-11 to be the poorest. It has little pen, is slow, and the armor certainly won't save you from Pz.IV F2s or StuGs

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Moved > Army Academy.

Happy flying! :B10:

~Keebird

I like to take the S out at the beginning of a round when I mostly know which direction the enemy will be coming from. I'll go sit on a point and it's maneuverable enough where I can respond to threats 180 degrees in front of me with angling or jet out in reverse if it gets too hairy. If that ends up getting blown up I'll often come back in the ZiS-5 -- as others have said it's more of a true heavy and can survive a lot more punishment on the sides.

I recommend getting both, I roll with that & the T-34 STZ whenever I just want some nice relaxing destruction.

medal

I always think that the 'S' is for 'Sport'. As mentioned above, the S is harder to 'get right' but gives you more flexibility; the ZiS5 is a brutal brawler at its BR or lower. Either can be very effective (I think I have my highest K/D in KV1-ZiS5 closely follwed by the 1S).

medal medal