*Le_Mofoman

-Le_Mofoman's Premium Tank Buying Guide-

Le_Mofoman's Buying Guide.

Hey! Im Le_Mofoman, and today I will try to help you figure out what are the best ground vehicles (and CAS aircraft) to purchase during any of the sales in War Thunder.

Since the most important point of the sale is having vehicles at reduced prices, I will concentrate mostly on Rank IV vehicles, with the occasional Rank III should it be worthy. This took quite a bit of time to make so I hope you enjoy. Also please try to keep any rants away from here. We can rant somewhere else, together.

DISCLAIMER: At no point will I try to ''encourage users to avoid purchasing any content from the store'', I will simply give them an insight on what the best investments are.

Now, I may not be a good player, nor pretty, but I'm pretty good at encouraging people to do things (mostly good things), and also know quite a bit about the game, having close to 3000 hours in both PC and PS4, so I figured this would be a good thing to contribute and help prevent possible mental breakdowns while looking at prices that end in odd numbers.

Now, I will rate every vehicle with a scale of 1 to 10 Mofos. Just kidding, 1 to 10 is enough. The most important thing to take into consideration is how friendly it is towards the newer players, as I believe most experienced players will already know how these perform and whether those are what they are looking for or not.

So let's begin!

AMERICA

USA.png.2d31525802d156b11185d945ffc964ec

M26 T99: ''This is Madness''.

541px-M26_T99_Garage.jpg.558e3bbb44a5fe8

If you were crazy enough to buy the calliope then you Sir (or Gal?) are a madman, just like me, and I very much respect you. However this tank is probably the one at the bottom of the to-do list that is this game. Starting with the fact that you must own the Calliope (and the grand total of 50 hard earned bucks with it) you will then need to pay another 5990 Golden eagles with that. ''But xxxx, isnt this supposed to be a sale?'' Yes, it is, but these rocket tanks rarely go on sale. And for a good reason: do you really want to see calliope spam 24/7? Yeah I thought so. Me too.

Other than the price thingy, the tank is just a regular M26, only that with 44 M8 rockets and a 0.3 Battle rating higher than the TT version. This means that you will face king tigers every single time, with the added pain of having to face things like T54's and Leopards.

The rockets can also blow up if shot at (not like the calliope :dntknw: but heyy) and take the tank with them. 

The increase in firepower is not really worth it but I guess its more for collecting rather than using it.

I give it 2 sadomasochist M26 drivers out of 10.

T28: ''Faster than Mud''.

420px-T28_GMC_Garage.jpg.9aea24d908e350e

305mm of frontal armor, a 105mm freedom dispenser and a max speed of 12.8km/h, whats there not to... wait...

Appearing as the T95's shaved brother, the T28 is one tough wheelchair. Area denial is the first thing that comes to mind when somebody mentions this tank. Just sit back, snipe and take shots like Lil Jon. Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots! Shots! 

This tank excels in long range maps where you shouldn't worry about pesky flankers and the enemy has no chance to hit a weakspot. Do expect to be tracked a lot.

Good tank, but maybe not the best for beginners, and the price, even if discounted, is still gonna put you back. But Im sure every WOT player that was smart enough to switch to a man's game will love this one.

I give it 5 boulders out of 10.

Super Hellcat: ''Push it to the limit''. 

443px-M18_Super_Garage.jpg.078823e987824

Following american rules, everything with ''Super'' in it's name must be at least 50% better than its predecessor. This one is better than super. This one is like, superer.

The good ol' speedy hellcat, known for its speed, weaponry and lack of armor is now even better, with the addition of the trustworthy 90mm M3. Just imagine, all those players that uptier their regular M18 and still have good results. Now you can do that with even more impunity.

This is for the more experienced but if you like the ''Go fast and all in'' playstyle then you might like it

I give it 6 frenzied raccoons out of 10.

FYI, its ''football'', not ''soccer''.

M26E1: ''My Ex's was shorter''

481px-M26E1_Garage.jpg.c60520423d9771d21

Now, I don't know if I made it clear already, but I do not enjoy the M26 very much. The gun is good only when flanking, and it requires a lot of patience that will not always be rewarded.

This version (The E1 duuuh) comes with an improved gun that is found on the super Pershing and the T32, only that with a better reload. The APHE shell on it has just about enough penetration to go through the front of the King Tiger's turret at close range, which is a massive improvement. Still, at 6.7 this thing will struggle with most of the things it can face, and will not really play a major rule in a downtier.

I give it 4 calmdowngotosleep pills out of 10. You will need them after this.

T29: ''Hail and Kill''

520px-T29_Garage.jpg.261127d493db02d2fb5

If death has ever managed to teach us something over the course of history, it's that there is never enough death. Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to make sure that there is plenty of death. That is why the matchmaking has condemned 16 poor souls to death by T29. Make it quick.

This is what made USA's 6.7 great again. Finally something that could stand up to the King Tiger's reign of terror and outclass it in many areas. You have a strong upper front plate, respectable turret armor and 6 McDonald's sla.... I mean workers ready to fight for freedom. The 105mm gun fires a mini nuke known as the T13. It also carries the third best penetrating APCR in the game for when things get nasty and a jagdtiger, ferdinand or maus need to evaluate their life choices.

It comes in a bundle along with 15 days of premium and 1000 Golden eagles. Go for it.

I give this one 40 quarter pounders out of 40 quarter pounders. Thats 10 pounds.

M46 Tiger: ''Feel the Heat''

452px-M46_Tiger_Garage.jpg.582fc6065f288

The M46 Tiger Patton Kentucky's Taco King is a good tank. It is. No, really. Even at 7.0 this thing can hold its own pretty well if you know how to play it.

Coupled with ok hull armor and a very trollish mantlet, this 90mm wielding cowboy is everything the M26 is not. Which is good.

Its quite mobile and the gun received a 305mm penetrating HEAT-FS round that can go through most opponents you will face. Whenever you find your opponent's flanks, just fire your M82 APHE shell and watch them complain about Trump in Yahoo.

It does struggle sometimes because of not having a stabilizer but most things you will face also wont.

The price is good as well, and with a 50% discount it would sit at just 3045 GE. I would recommend this tank if you want to see what top tier gameplay looks like without going too far ahead, and you can also couple it up with some 7.0 jets.

I give it 8 generic cold war tank names out of 10 Pattons.

GERMANY

Germanflag.png.99da538ff14a748d0b7825c84

Bfw. Jagdpanther: ''Turn Around''

451px-Jagdpanther_B_Garage.jpg.652f24f51

Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that.... Sorry got carried away a little.

This is a jagdpanther. A premium Jagdpanther. Literally just a command Jagdpanther with an extra antenna. But with premium bonuses of course and an affordable price when discounted.

Its good if you like sniping but not having a turret can lead to frustrating moments like getting killed by a tetrarch, but I don't want to talk about that.

Not much to see here so I give it a 5 out 10. I feel nothing for this thing.

Tiger II (H) Sla.16: ''Never gonna give you up''

540px-TigerII_Sla.16_Garage.jpg.1a7b36ae

Probably the best heavy tank of the war, the King Tiger forms the backbone of German 6.7 teams. Amazing frontal armor, a great gun, ok(ish) mobility and forgiveness are the factors that allow this thing to arguably be ''the best 6.7 heavy in the game''.

Wait whats that? you gave it a better engine and add on armor on the sides of the turret? and a top mounted MG to fend off spitfires and milktrucks? Sign me up!

Thats the Sla16. A premium, upgraded version of the Tiger II H coupled with 1000 GE and 15 days of premium. The engine makes it accelerate faster so you can retreat or get into position faster, while the extra tracks on the sides of the turret allow the player to angle the turret while reloading, and make its turret even more effective.

I give it 9 escaping german engineers out of 10 new Argentinean citizens.

Pz.Bfw VI (P): ''Porsche was evil too''

473px-Pz.B_VI_Garage.jpg.178db31b792aa61

The dreaded Panzer VI Tiger sits at 5.7 and does ok when it is not uptiered to the next century. The Porsche Tiger though.... It is at the same BR and has a great 200mm of frontal armor coupled with an improved turret armor. The drawbacks are that the hull and turret move slower than the sun turns around the earth. It also has these two 80mm cheeks on the hull, which impede you from angling the hull even at the slightest without them becoming weakspots. By the way, it can do 32km/h on the reverse, but I wont make any jokes about french armor because I know how you people get.

I give this one 6 broken down test vehicles out of 10.

Ru 251: ''Memeing in the 90's''

523px-Ru251_Garage.jpg.bdd8a1aba0600d8e2

Quoting Judas Priest: ''Doors are locked and bolted now, as the thing crawls into town. Straight out of Hell. One of a kind. Stalking his victim. Don't look behind you, Night crawler''.

That song was made after the Ru251.

Probably the fastest tracked vehicle in the game, the RU251 is able to get into any position it wants whenever it wants. It comes armed with a BK90 90mm gun armed with a HEAT-FS shell that pierces 9/10 foes it encounters, frontally. Some call it the baby leopard because of its mobility and firepower. This all comes at the expense of having almost non existant armor, and having areas that can be penetrated by .50 cals. Go fast, shoot straight and don't get spotted. 

Much like maintaining a girlfriend though the first months of a relationship, this thing is expensive as Heck. But I don't have either of those so I probably shouldn't worry too much.

Even though this is one of the best rank 4's in the game, I cannot really recommend this one to the newer kind, as the playstyle is a bit complicated and you might get frustrated.

Following that rule I'll give it 7 shooting stars out of 10.

You can catch the other 3 later.

U.S.S.R

images.jpg.cea3b07771a34fdea73f5a49f5165

KV-122: ''Make it boom more''

538px-KV-122_Garage.jpg.fb614a2acf08c0b0

Because we absolutely need to try and put 122mm guns on every chassis we have available. Next up T-26-122.

This tank is weird. I mean, the combination is ok and I'll give it an A for effort, but I don't really see any of these around, at least not in tank RB afaik. 

They paired up the hull of a KV1 and put an IS2 turret and gun on top for added firepower. 

For some bizarre reason the more spacious hull and very same turret makes the reload rate go up to 27 seconds while stock, which in a way balances the tank.

Compared to its tech-tree counterpart, the IS2, this is better at turning and you can actually angle the tank, though at this battle rating that will help you little. It also doesn't get the amazing reverse speed but you should only be going forward anyways. Straight to Berlin.

While you wait for the gun to reload you might as well teach Vladimir the alphabet. Or take care of your crops while the commissar inspects the fuel tanks. Making sure that they are burning alright.

I give it 3 political dissidents out of 10.

T-35-85E: ''Nice skirt, nerd''

562px-T-34-85E_Garage.jpg.90c4ff3639b12e

FYI, any russian tank that has the ''E'' denomination in the end is an up-armored variant. The T-34-85E is a normal T-34-85 but with some extra armored skirts bolted to the sides to protect against shaped charges. They are made out of stalinium so it bolsters the effective armor by 340%. Just kidding, but they might save you from low caliber HEAT shots every now and then.

Other than that its the good ol' T-34-85 we all came to love, and hate. But comes in a nice and cozy bundle along with some premium goodies.

I would have bought this tank if not for the random talisman that I earned for the TT version of the T-34-85. I know, I'm better than you.

I give it the other 7 political dissidents out of 10. Nobody escapes.

T-34-100: ''PlEase gAijiN nURf iT''

542px-T-34-100_Garage.jpg.4fa9768ce20c67

This is the first premium tank I ever bought, and I don't regret it one bit. This tank is good, very good. In fact it used to be so very good they had to nerf it and up the BR. And it is still a good purchase. Imagine grabbing a T-34 and then slapping a 100mm fridge launcher on it. You just combined a normal T-34 with the armament of a T54.

It lacks armor though, but it will protect you against low caliber shells. Also the gun depression is not good anymore, but you can get around that just like with most russian tanks. You want a rank 4 russian medium tank? go for this one.

A nice 7 out of 10 would fit this tank nicely, but the Bureau demands an 8 by the end of the month or I can keep making these ratings somewhere in Siberia. So 8 it is.

T-44-122: ''Symphony of Destruction'' 

616px-T-44-122_Garage.jpg.cf29f2071f0e12

In a game where armor has a heavy impact on BR, the regular T-44 sits weirdly at 6.3. It has too much armor for 6.0 but the gun lacks the punch of a 6.7.

The T-44-122 fixes that. Yes, they added a 122mm gun on it too, and it fits perfectly. The increase in firepower coupled with the great mobility and hull armor of the T-44 makes this a great machine overall. The drawbacks are the painful reload of 30 seconds (making this the longest reload on any 122mm armed vehicles) and the new weakspot found on the driver's viewport.

Just fire one over sized vodka bottle every 30 seconds, hide, then spread communism again.

I'll give it 7 tractor factories out of 10. It has the same price as the T-34-100, so this is second in line.

SU-122P: ''This thing has -2° of gun depression so I refuse to review it.''

IS-6: ''Russian Schwarzenegger''

592px-IS-6_Garage.jpg.81a1983da9c9b128c0

This is it, the end of the line. As we speak, the bias is overriding my PC. One shot is all it takes for the user to find your IP and go break your legs in front of your family.

The powerhouse of russian armor. Stalin's hammer. Baba Yaga. I dont know what it feels like to kill another man, but this is as close as it gets.

''From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty.'' -Revelation 19:15.

The IS-6 sits at a BR of 7.3 (It was recently increased) and is still a beast in every regard. A great 122mm gun and very sloped armor, coupled with pretty good mobility. Its basically an IS-3 on steroids. This is a keeper.

Just beware of HEAT-FS slinging maniacs and try to play with a bit of brain (just a bit).

I give this one 9 means of production out of 10, just because of it now playing in the big leagues along the big boys. BTW it comes in a pack just like the T29 and the Sla16.

Who rules the seas?UNITED KINGDOM <These guys

Britainflag.png.0baf43a7ea63a79d9f8fbe51

Black Prince: ''The Trooper''

474px-Black_Prince_Garage.jpg.9dfbf8a8d3

I dont know if I should compare this to a Churchill MkIII or to a Mk VII, I mean, it plays a bit like both.

Lets start with the gun: The dreaded Brrrritish 17 pdr is a 76.something millimeter gun capable of firing an early APDS that goes through most thing in the battlefield. Most.

It reloads quite fast too, and it can save you from death in a pinch. Downside is the lack of post-penetration damage, quite known from most Brrrrritish guns.

The armor is good when not uptiered, and angling leads to great effects.

The mobility is the worst part about this tank. It is sloooooooooooooooooooooooooo(x45)wwww. But maybe that is a good thing, as you can get to the battle late and not die in a pointless charge against the russian guns. Ha! I used two references from the same Iron Maiden song in one tiny review. And there's nothing you can do about it.

I give this one a sad 6 colonies out of 10, because the battle rating currently would make it hard for new players to get acquantied, and the playstyle is quite unique, not very good for learning high tier gameplay.

Strv 81: ''A completely Swedish design''

551px-Strv81_Garage.jpg.97a3c808ecebe86e

So there is this thing called the Centurion Mk3. Little centurion was a very popular being. He had many friends and had received a new 83.4mm gun capable of firing an APDS almost as good as the Leopard's.

One day, a thing called the L7 was invented, and centurion's brother, the Mk10, was born. Cent Mk3 was not so popular anymore and he started having problems with his former friends.

On the way back home, Mk3 was approached by a shady looking man, wearing a blue and yellow bandana. This man got Mk3 into doing a substance known as ATGM. Swedish people are evil, folks.

The Strv 81 is a Centurion Mk3 with three SS11 guided kettles strapped to the side of the turret, giving it enough power to go through the frontal plate of a Maus. Or a Bismarck for that matter.

The gun is amazing and the mobility is ok. Armor is not so good though, having a lower front plate the size of the Georgias. This is a dedicated sniper. Just sit back at long range and let em have it.

I give this one 7 brexit crisis' out of 10.

Japan

Japanflag.png.3f8bc81ead6c9659bcb26f73b6

Ho-Ri Prototype: ''Here comes the Boom''

414px-Ho-RiPrototype_Garage.jpg.b78e1486

A Japanese Ferdinand. Armed with a 105mm sushi launcher, this vending machine of a tank(thing) brings enemies a shamefur dispray.

The gun is good and the armor can take some hits especially on a downtier, but I can see players learning how to kill this pretty quickly.

With weak sides and rear, along with the BR being increased to 6.0, I can't really suggest a new player buys this unless he has some prior experience with slow moving bunkers.

I give it 6 banzai charges out of 10 mowed down battalions.

Very honorable mention: The Chi Nu II

Now I know this is a rank III, but this is one of the best rank III's. Sitting at 3.7 the gun on this tank allows the words ''Japan'' and ''Nuke'' to be used in the same.. wait...

I grinded most japanese tanks up to rank IV with this, and the price is awesome: 1600GE without any discounts. Go for this tank.

La France

Nation-fr-flag.png.8b0a32e56f5c7ed65ce48

M4A1 (FL-10): ''Liberté, Egalité, Baguetté''

411px-M4A1(FL10)_Garage.jpg.b0ed4d165ac5

I'd like to start with this thing having -4 Kp/h reverse speed. They won't make the same mistake again.

The M4A1 FL-10 is what happens when you leave a bunch of french engineers alone in a dark room for too long while tossing foreign vehicles at them like it's their daily rations.

They grabbed the first chassis from the Sherman variants and experimented with it. The madmen.

This time they upgraded the engine making it accelerate quicker than the German Olympic team in Belgium '40 and bolted an AMX 13/75 turret on it. This increase in firepower allows this Sherman to shoot 12 rounds in quick succession due to it's autoloader (with a 5 second delay between shots) before having to wait for the Americans, British and Canadians to change their magazine (45 seconds or a huge landing operation, depending on the weather).

The gun has about the same pen as a Firefly, and the hull is actually better than the regular M4A1, while the turret is thinner than my relationship history in Facebook.

Somebody please make a meme with this tank and this:

Spoiler

WARNING: Contains spoilers from the movie ''The Dark Tower'' (Probably the best scene in the movie)

Go watch it.

Really good tank, I give it 8 heads out of 10 guillotines.

AMX-13 (SS-11): ''Le Petit Rascal''

395px-AMX-13(SS.11)_Garage.jpg.96a6b2e4c

This is one of those guys that went to Strv's house once and became an ATGM-Head.

THE ONLY THING YOUR BODY NEEDS IS JESUS.

The AMX-13 is a light tank with ok mobility and an autoloading 75mm gun. Yes I know that sounds good, but at this BR of 6.7 (IMO) the gun is very lackluster and is very situational, making you rely heavily on the SS-11 ATGM's on the far ranges. These are controlled by keyboard in RB, which makes learning how to use them a hard deal for beginners.

I really cant recommend this tank for beginners because of the very unique playstyle, map knowledge and enemy vehicle knowledge (especially in the 5.7 - 7.7 bracket) that playing this thing implies. I would leave it for when you are more experienced with high tier light tank gameplay. It is even hard to use for veteran players.

I give it 4 clogged arteries out of 10 croissants with cheese.

Aircraft for Tank RB

Now, what is a tank's most lethal enemy? Say it with me, on three. One. Two. Three!              ULQ!

Oh, you said planes? Alright. 

Of all shapes and sizes, these majestic mechanical birds allow players to strike anything they want and support any place in the battlefield, being able to play a major role because of their differing weaponry: Rockets, Bombs and even cannons. Why are we so good at killing each other?

Even though most tech trees have very capable ground pounders and multi-role planes, I will present to you some of the best premium aircraft for supporting your fellow comrades on the ground.

Lezz go!

USA of America

USA.png.2d31525802d156b11185d945ffc964ec

XA-38 Grizzly: ''Armor piercing Hot Dogs''

637px-XA-38Grizzly_Garage.jpg.b1851a88a1

Imagine combining an A-26 Invader and a M4 Sherman. Spooky right? Indeed. This flying bazooka brings three things to the table: Bombs, speed and a B.F.G (Bio Force Gun of course)

The gun on it is the same found on the M4 Sherman, firing a powerful APHE round that can penetrate all but the toughest roof armors in the game, even being able to go through the sides of some vehicles. It also comes equipped with a pair of turrets with potent .50 cals and an extra couple .50's in the nose for the pilot. For when he needs to kill a small whale next to the Jagdtiger he just vanquished with his orbital weapon.

The plane is speedy too, allowing it to escape from pissed off fighters and giving it a few more seconds to return fire with the turrets.

Still, ground battles take place in very reduced areas of big maps, making it's efficiency much smaller as he has to coexist with fighters from the red team. Those guys think they are so cool cause they get to pick their colors. They'll see.

I give this one 6 death stars out of 10. You can still do more with a regular P-47 or F6F.

P-47M-1-RE: ''Interceptor/ Figher/ Strike Fighter/ Necromancer/ Antiantidisestablishmentarionalist''

493px-P-47M-1-RE_Garage.jpg.41be7ac857ba

You like big, heavy, durable and american-made? Follow me (Warning: NSFW).

The P-47M-1-RE-R2D2 is the pinnacle of P-47 development. It is faster yet retains the incredible payload known from P-47's:  10 HVAR's, 1 500lb and 2 1000lb.

This arsenal of a plane allows the player to dominate both tank RB and even air RB if played correctly.

Granted the rockets were heavily nerfed but they should do well against AAA and light tanks. Even the .50 cals are good against any tank with a roof thinner than 20mm's.

I give this P-47 a rating of 7 tachankas out of 10. Yes I know all other P-47's can achieve similar results and at lower BR, but this one is a rank 4 premium and has a nice camo too. Shiny.

Germanic Tribes

Germanflag.png.99da538ff14a748d0b7825c84

Do 335 B-2: ''Say hello to my little Maschinenkanone''

563px-Do335B2_Garage.jpg.af6657f1eeef8fc

The Ho229 has two MK103 30mm cannons with 95mm of penetration. The Do 335-B2 has three of those. And two 20mm's. And three bombs.

This firepower allows you to extinguish enemy tanks (or bombers) in mere seconds. We are talking about the cannons from the KUGELBLITZ. 3 OF THOSE.

Drawback of this plane is, of course, maneuverability. Its like flying a bathtub with a couple of propellers and weird alien writings inside the cockpit.

Literally the only way to kill a fighter is to go on a headon or strafe it as the enemy airfield's SAM emplacements erase you from the map rotation.

This thing truly shines whenever it is alone in the skies, or grinding in air RB while strafing tanks and pillboxes.

Its good but not WOW good.

I give it 5 Warthogs out of 10.

He 219 A-7: ''The above mentioned but better''

572px-He219A7_Garage.jpg.b16af7322d42954

This has the same concept as the Do-335 but it gets the job done better. It has a different armament: only 2 Mk103's but also two low velocity Mk108's and two MG151's.

So what is better exactly? Well first of all it is cheap as dirt for a rank IV plane, costing as much as a rank III premium tank. It also has a much lower battle rating, sitting at just 4.3 (But still effective in everything up to 9.0).

I give this one 7 catapulted gliding pigs out of 10, simply because of just how cheap this thing is. Almost as cheap as this review.

Mother Russia.

images.jpg.cea3b07771a34fdea73f5a49f5165

Unfortunately, these guys don't really have a premium rank IV that is dedicated to tank RB, so instead I suggest you put a talisman on something like the Su-6 or the IL-10. Those have a good arrangement of weaponry suitable for the task at hand, with the added benefit of not costing real money (But loads of tears and frustrations).

Not-So-United Kingdom.

Britainflag.png.0baf43a7ea63a79d9f8fbe51

Wyvern S4: ''Multirole with many roles''

548px-WyvernS4_Garage.jpg.bccec60bc02190

This plane... where do I begin? well, it is nothing short of truly AMAZING.

This is what we experts know as a turbo-prop. Basically somebody with a much higher IQ than you and I came up with the fantastic idea of putting a jet engine on a prop, for whatever reason.

This gives it a top speed of 650 km/h at sea level (Which it actually achieves) and great acceleration allowing you to out run pursuing foes with ease.

Coupled with all of this, the Wyvern possesses some of the most impressive payloads in the game. It has 4 Hispano's and can carry either 16 RP-3 rockets, 16 RP-3's and a torpedo or 3 1000lb bombs (Just enough to destroy a base in air RB). This plane gives me anything I want.... Except maybe the courage to call her and tell her what I feel.

But back to the not-so-sad part.

Having enough firepower to eradicate Paraguay, the Wyvern can easily turn the tides and vanquish it's foes all the way to 9.0. It's also pretty good for grinding the British air tree.

The engine sound is cool too, unless you are a russian player, in which case hearing a vacuum cleaner is enough to trigger your PTSD.

It comes inside a 30$ bundle along with some other goodies to make it even prettier.

I give this a solid 10 Men in black arsenals out of 10. Buy this thing. Or don't, Im not your mom.

Don't bother with the premium spitfires if you're here for tank RB. Just don't.

Japanime.

Japanflag.png.3f8bc81ead6c9659bcb26f73b6

Much like the Russians, the japanese dont really have any premium ground pounders. What they do have is a selection of aerial denial aircraft, so they can protect their ground allies from enemy air attacks. 

For this I can recommend the A6M5 (It is cheap and extremely easy to use) and the J2M4. 

The 60 kg bombs are much more powerful than they seem for some reason. I sometimes kill KV's with those little buggers.

Them.

Nation-fr-flag.png.8b0a32e56f5c7ed65ce48

S.O.8000 Narval: ''Engine Placement: French''

448px-S.O.8000Narval_Garage.jpg.9884993d

Oh boy. Here we go.

The Narval (or ''Eraser'' as I like to call it) is currently France's only premium rank IV aircraft and therefore the only reliable way to grind the tree without the use of talismans and common sense.

The plane performs really well, much better than most think, and can be a monster in air RB and an absolute beast in tank RB in both ground pounding and CAS cleansing.

Much like the Wyvern, this massive... err.. thing, has an incredible armament that gives it an edge in every headon you will have. 6 MG151's is no joke gentlemen. Im talking about loading stealth belts and watching the enemy vanish along with 15m³ of air around it.

It also carries 8 HEAT rockets with 450mm of penetration (for that one Maus that not only has to go through the pain of Fulda or Maginot, but also has to deal with you, b*st*rd) or two 1000lbs bombs. Don't even use the HE rockets please. Just don't.

In flying always make sure to have enough speed and do not turn more than once or your speed will be lower than a T95 being towed by a locust (I have seen that).

I managed to grind up to the Vautour IIA in 3 days with this bad boy.

I give this one 8 escargots out of 10 weird french meals. They are actually pretty good you know.

And that's the end folks! Hope I helped you make up your mind on exactly how many hundreds you are expected to spend before you can be happy again, because let's face it, real life is sad.

I made this purely out of joy, mainly because I don't have much time left to play war thunder before that real life kicks in and I am sent to the army.

To the Gaijin team: I know I was true pain in the bum to many of you because I did not agree on some decisions, but I hope you know you created my favourite game of all time, and I was just trying to put my two cents on how to make it better.

Anyways, have a good one, and to 5 more years of War Thunder!

You can also find my guide to Premium Rank V tanks.

-Guide to Rank V premiums-

Nation-fr-flag.png

Edited by *Le_Mofoman
Added french stuff and thangs

P8triot (Posted )

Moving you to the Highway to Hell-o is that Machinery of War>>Ground Vehicles?
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 21
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

My Personal Opinion:

I really do not know what to say about this...It was such a colossal brilliant mess! :lol2:

The only thing I can say is you must  have turned it to 11  because the feels tapped all the way into my spine!:good:

Thank you

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, Agelistrator said:

A fun and interesting read! thanks!

11 minutes ago, P8triot said:

My Personal Opinion:

I really do not know what to say about this...It was such a colossal brilliant mess! :lol2:

The only thing I can say is you must  have turned it to 11  because the feels tapped all the way into my spine!:good:

Thank you

Glad you enjoyed it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This was golden. Mods should sticky this as it's actually not a bad premium buyers guide. 

11 sekrit dokumintz out of 10 verified sources is my review of your review sir! 

• Like 3
medal medal medal medal

To help a bit with putting my two cents about the Ho Ri, it is incredible. I would personally consider it to be one of the strongest 6.0 tanks in the game, easily the best 6.0 TD (there aren't many pickers, but hey).

That being said, if you get flanked you die, so it helps to have high situational awareness, or use the buddy system. your UFP is virtually immune to most enemy fire (but you have superstructure cheek weakspots), your crew is well distributed, with most of the ammo kept in the hull behind a massive engine and transmission block. Gun depression and firepower are also excellent, as your gun has a very good reload with a 200g HE filler, all in all leaving you hard pressed for a gun platform with such performance even at higher BRs.

Evidently, the Ho Ri advocates for long range corridor play, which means choosing battles wisely. you can however defeat even an IS-6 with ease from a well sighted hull down position, so provided you are on a map such as Rhine or Kursk, you don't even have to think.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Oh well, its that time of the year again, and this time it's big. Grab em while they are hot boys!

Gaijin: *Smacking genitalia dominantly against a table* ITS SALE TIME

• Haha 2

Outstanding. ROTFLMAO. Plus I have decided to purchase the T28, to go with my T29 and M46, based on your recommendation.  :my_precious:

Also, do you play AF? I'd love a similar one on aircraft. And are these reviews for AB or RB?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

32 minutes ago, *maxmillian said:

Outstanding. ROTFLMAO. Plus I have decided to purchase the T28, to go with my T29 and M46, based on your recommendation.  :my_precious:

Also, do you play AF? I'd love a similar one on aircraft. And are these reviews for AB or RB?

This review is mostly for tank rb. I dont really touch arcade battles.

I could include maybe some aircraft but the premium options are not many to be honest.

And with rockets nerfed to the ground I dont really see the point in recommending something that doesn't use bombs or has a big pow pow thingy at the end.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, *Le_Mofoman said:

I could include maybe some aircraft but the premium options are not many to be honest.

And with rockets nerfed to the ground I dont really see the point in recommending something that doesn't use bombs or has a big pow pow thingy at the end.

Understandable. I just want to read more reviews by you. I don't care what; lawnmowers, frozen pizza's, condoms, whatever  :DD

• Haha 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, *maxmillian said:

Understandable. I just want to read more reviews by you. I don't care what; lawnmowers, frozen pizza's, condoms, whatever  :DD

Haha thanks! I'll try and expand this guide whenever I have some time.

And more beer.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, *Le_Mofoman said:

Japanese rocket bombs are practically rockets in an un-nerfed state; I highly recommend you check them out.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Optical_Ilyushin said:

Japanese rocket bombs are practically rockets in an un-nerfed state; I highly recommend you check them out.

Yeah, Ive seen them used in some of their 6.3 fighters, however I have yet to unlock them (as well as a nice lineup of tanks to go with them).

5 minutes ago, SteelCobra93 said:

Very nice guide, love it :D

I am thinking about buying the T-34-100. Not sure tho. The lack of armor scares me.

Well it's up to you really.

If this thing had its old gun depression of -5 instead of the current one of -3 I would put it on the same level as the IS-6.

It can still somehow shine in any engagement range and the best part is that in a way it teaches you how high tier gameplay goes: Armor doesn't matter, Guns are punchy and mobility is key. It is a tank that can do well from 5.7 all the way to around 8.0 as a backup for you T-54's/T-62.

If you want a rank 4 russian tank then this and the IS6 should be your first choices.

1 minute ago, *Le_Mofoman said:

Well it's up to you really.

If this thing had its old gun depression of -5 instead of the current one of -3 I would put it on the same level as the IS-6.

It can still somehow shine in any engagement range and the best part is that in a way it teaches you how high tier gameplay goes: Armor doesn't matter, Guns are punchy and mobility is key. It is a tank that can do well from 5.7 all the way to around 8.0 as a backup for you T-54's/T-62.

If you want a rank 4 russian tank then this and the IS6 should be your first choices.

I see, well thank you.

I would gladly get a IS-6 but it is not on a discount right now and it's quite expensive. For me at least. On the other hand T-34-100 and T-44-122 are not. And I think I would like T-34 better.

I mainly play planes but I also started playing tanks. Really love the Russians. They are my main tank line. Just finished whole 3rd rank. And since there are discounts right now, I considered getting a premium tank. And I think that T-34-100 would be a good choice to help me get them all.

On the other note, I am also playing Germans but I hear a lot of people complaining about them so I am a bit scared to commit my time to grind them to 6th rank.

I really appreciate your advice and the well made guide. Thanks man.

medal medal medal medal

23 minutes ago, SteelCobra93 said:

I would gladly get a IS-6 but it is not on a discount right now and it's quite expensive

Remember that on November 1st all packs introduced prior to 1.71 will be discounted too. That includes the IS-6.

23 minutes ago, SteelCobra93 said:

I hear a lot of people complaining about them so I am a bit scared to commit my time to grind them to 6th rank.

I put a talisman on my Tiger IIH and will do the same for the Leo 1 at 7.7.

They are both vry good vehicles.

Edited by *Le_Mofoman

55 minutes ago, *Le_Mofoman said:

Yeah, Ive seen them used in some of their 6.3 fighters, however I have yet to unlock them (as well as a nice lineup of tanks to go with them).

while the N1K2s are good platforms for it, I'd actually recommend the A7M2 over them - the firepower is notable within Japan due to the presence of x2 13.2mm MGs, which basically behave like .50 cal flame throwers.

the platform itself is also kinda OP - you will outturn Mk 22s and 24s with ease, and have the capacity to pursue them at the low altitude engagements of ground forces fairly easily for the first few moments. the guns also are able to hit deceptively far out to range, which makes the overall platform of the A7M2 a very inexpensive and very potent aircraft for nearly every BR 4.7 onwards.

15 minutes ago, Optical_Ilyushin said:

while the N1K2s are good platforms for it, I'd actually recommend the A7M2 over them - the firepower is notable within Japan due to the presence of x2 13.2mm MGs, which basically behave like .50 cal flame throwers.

the platform itself is also kinda OP - you will outturn Mk 22s and 24s with ease, and have the capacity to pursue them at the low altitude engagements of ground forces fairly easily for the first few moments. the guns also are able to hit deceptively far out to range, which makes the overall platform of the A7M2 a very inexpensive and very potent aircraft for nearly every BR 4.7 onwards.

Yeah, 13.2mm machineguns from the japanese actually fired High explosive ammo. I posted documentation for it but I guess they call them Immediate action as they are mg's and mg's dont fire HE in this game.

Will take this into consideration. Thanks for the tip!

Do more reviews in the future please. That was a fun read! 

I'd buy the Super Hellkitty if I could buuut I gotta save for college :L . It made Tier 4 enjoyable especially when I was suffering through my stock T34 and mostly stock Super Pershing. The Bulldog is useful too but it'll never be as fun as the Hellkitties.

P.S: Hopefully someday you can manage to tell her. You'll never know unless you take the plunge (or she hints she had been waiting for you to come forward all this time but it's too late now oooooor let's just stay positive here and disregard everything inside the parentheses...). But anyway, thanks for the read! 

• Haha 1