• Are we ever going to gain access to this tree? Has anyone heard anything? Here's this fully fleshed out, perfectly usable and competitive tree....that only the Chinese Server can access. Yes, most of their vehicles are borrowed from other nations, but that doesn't phase me and they still have a few unique ones including a totally delicious Type 59-II. We're about to have two Air Battles-only (for now) tech trees released in a row, while this already developed addition to Ground Forces (and Air) goes ignored. 

I'm sure you're all aware of the tech tree in question. Here's a video with up to date info by Phly:

Edited by Vand3rz
Added video with up to date info.
  • Confused 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

That tree is 100% non chinese. They dont even have the chinese copy of the mig-15, just a mig-15 in chinese colors. Besides nobody wants a tree full of copies. On a sidenote though @CaID is working on a chinese tree with mostly original planes.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

29 minutes ago, blockhaj said:

That tree is 100% non chinese. They dont even have the chinese copy of the mig-15, just a mig-15 in chinese colors. Besides nobody wants a tree full of copies. On a sidenote though @CaID is working on a chinese tree with mostly original planes.

They have the Type 59-II (which I said in my first post), Type-62, Type 58 (T-34 clone, but still indigenous), LVT(A)(4) ZIS-2, Type 65, and Type 63. I don't know about the aeroplanes. 

So you are incorrect, the tree is not 100% non-chinese. Regardless of what users may be doing in their free time, there is a perfectly functional tree available with some interesting vehicles and a lot of borrowed ones which (again, as I said in my first post) I don't mind and still want to play. Any other vehicles can be added at any point.

In the mean time I would like to play this functional and real tech tree.   

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, blockhaj said:

There cant be a tank tree without an air tree from the start. Besides chinese tanks starts at tier 4.

It has an air tree and begins at rank 1 (maybe you're looking at outdated information). Regardless of anything, the Chinese are doing just fine with it so why wouldn't we? 

Here's a video with up to date info which I think I'll put in the OP: 

Edited by Vand3rz
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Vand3rz said:

It has an air tree and begins at rank 1 (maybe you're looking at outdated information). Regardless of anything, the Chinese are doing just fine with it so why wouldn't we? 

Here's a video with up to date info which I think I'll put in the OP: 

That air tree breaks several rules needed for a tt set up by the team. In only available on the chinese clinet due to chinese patrioism.

Go support these projects if u want a chinese tree cuz the ones on the chinese servier isnt comming. And proof of that is that gaijin has made the very few original vehicles event ones.

• Upvote 1

I just gave CaID's post a like. I'm so desperate for that tree. 

• Confused 3

How I see the Chinese Ground Forces research tree on the International client being laid out:

Tier I - SdKfz 2221.0, T-261.0, BT-51.0, M2A41.0, BA-101.3, M3A31.3, Type 97 Chi Ha1.3, Type 97 Chi Ha Kai2.0

Tier II - M5A12.3, SU-76M2.3, LVT-4/ZiS-22.3, M243.3, M4A43.7, T-34 19423.7

Tier III - T-34-85/D5T5.0, Type 58-I5.3, M185.3, M4A3 76W5.3, Type 655.3, Type 58-II5.7, PT-765.7, ISU-1225.7, ISU-1525.7

Tier IV - IS-26.0, SU-1006.3, Type 636.3, IS-2M6.7, Type 626.7, WZ-1227.0

Tier V - BMP-17.3, IS-3M7.3, Type 62G7.3, Type 597.7, Type 59-II7.7, Type 63HG7.7, Type 807.7Type 69-IIA8.0

Tier VI - Type 59D[ERA]8.7, Type 79[ERA]8.7, Type 59D1[ERA]9.0, Type 85-II[Comp]9.0

Type 62G is from 2000 but is realistically more similar to a 1970-80 type of tank and fits the requirements of being added to the game.

Type 59D-1 is a Type 59D with a longer gun and ATGM capability.

Type 79 does not have ERA not shown in photo, but was fitted.

Research Tree layout

Spoiler

| Light/Medium | Medium/Heavy |     SPG     |       SPAAG        |  Premium  |

---------|--------------|--------------|-------------|--------------------|-----------|

Tier I   | T-26         | M2A4         | BA-10       | Type 97 Chi Ha     | SdKfz 222 |

Need 6   | BT-5         | M3A3         |             | Type 97 Chi Ha Kai |           |

---------|--------------|--------------|-------------|--------------------|-----------|

Tier II  | T-34 1942    | M5A1         | SU-76M      |                    |           |

Need 6   |              | M24          | LVT-4/ZiS-2 |                    |           |

|              | M4A4         |             |                    |           |

Tier III | T-34-85/D5T  | M4A3 76W     | ISU-122     | Type 65            |           |

Need 6   | Type 58-I    | M18          | ISU-152     |                    |           |

|  Type 58-II |              |             |                    |           |

| PT-76        |              |             |                    |           |

Tier IV  | Type 63      | IS-2         | SU-100      |                    | WZ-122    |

Need 5   | Type 62      | IS-2M        |             |                    |           |

Tier V   | Type 62G     | IS-3M        |             | Type 80            |           |

Need 6   | Type 59      | BMP-1        |             |                    |           |

| Type 59-II |              |             |                    |           |

| Type 63HG    |              |             |                    |           |

| Type 69-IIA  |              |             |                    |           |

Tier VI  | Type 59D     | Type 79      |             |                    |           |

| Type 59D1    | Type 85-II   |             |                    |           | 

Reserve tanks in Blue and Premium in Yellow.

There are definitely enough unique vehicles to justify a new separate nation.

Edited by *AceArchangel
  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

if there was any good time to dust off this thread it may as well be now. as some may remember (it's been a while though) due to previous comments made a while ago by the devs, gaijin is in someway working on a new tech tree unrelated to the major or minor tank nations of WWII.

i think this may actually be China- or rather the international release of china.

now we all know of the videos like the one that PhlyDaily made showing a few vehicles IN the chinese client. but now we can see them in our client thanks to the polygon test map, an enterprising modder, and 

TheEuropeanCanadian doing a trio of videos showcasing many of their tanks... including their likely tier 6 tanks:

now i may be jumping the gun, but to me it seems like the composite PRC/ROC chinese tech tree is getting too filled out to NOT see light on the international live servers. and ever since the introduction of france, we now know gaijin is willing to heavily pad a tier or two with foreign designs. and gaijin seems to have plenty room to work with in developing the chinese.

as a chinese player, I want to say that ,the biggest problem of the independence china tech tree is the early time aircraft.

in the early time,almost all the China airforce aircraft is made from foreign country,such as US,UK,USSR。this is the biggest problem。

medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, YancyLu said:

as a chinese player, I want to say that ,the biggest problem of the independence china tech tree is the early time aircraft.

in the early time,almost all the China airforce aircraft is made from foreign country,such as US,UK,USSR。this is the biggest problem。

That's how the French tech tree is.  Also, what planes did China have at the time to compete against other nations' fighters?

• Confused 4

I was initially against the addition of any Chinese tree- and I would certainly be against the addition of this one, it's just a lazy copy-paste tree.

However, CaID's tree has changed my mind on it. Yes, most vehicles in there are foreign, but a lot of them were used either exclusively or mostly by Chinese forces, for example the Vultee P-66. A lot of these aircraft wouldn't make much sense in any other tech trees since, as I said, they were mostly used by Chinese forces and very little, if at all, by other countries. 

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Oof, I forgot about this post.

Who the flip is confuse reacting all this stuff? Children? 

On 17/05/2018 at 22:45, Sarblade said:

Nope thanks, I'd rather see the very few actual chinese vehicles added to the russian tree. Sweden would be a way more interesting tree.

In your opinion Sweden would be more interesting. Anyway, the point is not about new nations, it is the fact that this tree already exists and so would be infinitely easier and quicker to implement. I made that pretty clear in my first post. Also, I find it pretty selfish that you want to lump a huge country's vehicles in with another nation just because you are not interested. I want to use my Type 62 in a Chinese hangar, not Russian.  

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

Not sure why all Chinese tanks should be in Soviet tree, the tree that doesn't need any forigner vehicle to back it up. USSR can stand on its own feet with hundred vehicle built in Russia. Plus the only 2 chinese vehicle we got were both event vehicle which i missed both and only those who participated got to have them while those who just started war thunder will never have the chance to play them.

And most importantly, not everyone play Soviet tree. Persosnally i do not support of having Chinese tanks in Russian tree.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, F1GHT_4_W4iFUs said:

Not sure why all Chinese tanks should be in Soviet tree, the tree that doesn't need any forigner vehicle to back it up. USSR can stand on its own feet with hundred vehicle built in Russia. Plus the only 2 chinese vehicle we got were both event vehicle which i missed both and only those who participated got to have them while those who just started war thunder will never have the chance to play them.

And most importantly, not everyone play Soviet tree. Persosnally i do not support of having Chinese tanks in Russian tree.

I agree. China has enough to stand on its own. Careful of the children in here who can't handle a different opinion. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Couple very very dumb questions...

So...Chinese players play only vs themselves? Or get into general population (whenever NOT playing with Chinese tree)?

What is the logic for a fully functional tree not being available for the rest of the world...?

And a bonus one...how many players you have on Chinese servers (compared with others)?

I'd love to see this tree be internationally available.

Also, just imagine in the far future if we could have the J-20 duking it out with Raptors (pie in the sky future, I am aware, but awesome nonetheless)

medal