Noobtillidie

Game play is less and less fun the higher BR you go

As the title says, i find the game a lot less fun the higher i climb the BR ladder. Had it with tanks(researched all except new ERA for USSR) and now with planes...

 

At that BR, 1.0 BR means you are in a prop plane vs a jet and other situations where i feel player skill is greatly canceled by the fact that one player has a superior machine to control. Not to mention all kinds of toxic game play start appearing a lot more often.

 

Its also that they add all kinds of machines but some are severely underpowered compared to some of the enemies they can face. While i think they should add as many as they can, balancing is important because you research modules for those vehicles in PvP matches, so if the vehicle is bad or doesn`t fit the meta, your game play will be frustrating and that just hurts the game.

 

Anyone else has the same impression? Share your opinions and fixes if you have any...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 16
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best fun in planes is between 2.7 & 4.0 imo.

 

Lighter weapons means you can take a few hits more often than not, less 'grindiness', etc. - and fun is where the game needs to be, a fact all too often ignored and overlooked.

 

I've yet to discover a sweet spot for tanking fun but I'd imagine it's much the same but for different reasons - the BR's that are most populated will offer the least chance of an uptier. Uptiers in tanks are not fun.

  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're correct the higher the BR the less fun there is in public battles, 5.0 and below seems to be the limit in good games.

For slightly higher BR Squadron Battles is where the fun is accurate difficult and intense.

Come join BPOF today 

Apply here :)

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In GF AB i am feeling quite the same. It feels like balance is better on lower BRs and the gameplay is not as dull as in higher tiers. In BR 1.0-3.3 you do not get ohk all the time, therefore the gameplay is not as static as in higher BRs where everybody seems to be very cautious to not advance to far because all are afraid of losing their tank. In the meantime in BR 1.0 people are scooting around like in Mario Cart and it feels more dynamic. The higher the tier the more camper-friendly it seems to be.

  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Krazud said:

At that BR, 1.0 BR means you are in a prop plane vs a jet and other situations where i feel player skill is greatly canceled by the fact that one player has a superior machine to control.

I have to disagree with you. You can balance out all sorts of BR differences in planes with superior skill. It's a plane flying against another plane. Just know your enemy's strengths and weaknesses. For example, you could be flying a 3.7 P-38G, and have to fight a 4.7 A6M5 zero. All you have to do is make boom and zoom passes, and the zero is not fast enough to catch you. Or you're in a 3.7 A6M2 zero and your opponent is a 5.0 La-7b-20. If that la-7 decides to turn with you, he's dead, he can't outturn your plane. The key is using the strengths and weaknesses of your plane. Even though I don't play tanks, I feel like it's different there. For example, in tanks, I'm sure there's a lot of tanks with superior armor that just can't be penned by a lower tier tank. However, in planes, any plane can kill any plane, and all you need is skill.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ____B00K3NDS____ said:

For example, in tanks, I'm sure there's a lot of tanks with superior armor that just can't be penned by a lower tier tank.

True for some tanks...ground battles are diff altogether, you can find cover...the key is not to get hit...armor is the last line of defense

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ____B00K3NDS____ said:

I have to disagree with you. You can balance out all sorts of BR differences in planes with superior skill. It's a plane flying against another plane. Just know your enemy's strengths and weaknesses. For example, you could be flying a 3.7 P-38G, and have to fight a 4.7 A6M5 zero. All you have to do is make boom and zoom passes, and the zero is not fast enough to catch you. Or you're in a 3.7 A6M2 zero and your opponent is a 5.0 La-7b-20. If that la-7 decides to turn with you, he's dead, he can't outturn your plane. The key is using the strengths and weaknesses of your plane. Even though I don't play tanks, I feel like it's different there. For example, in tanks, I'm sure there's a lot of tanks with superior armor that just can't be penned by a lower tier tank. However, in planes, any plane can kill any plane, and all you need is skill.

 

True for the examples you listed... now add attackers, bombers, etc.... and even your Boom and Zoom low tier will lose to a higher tier and so on. 

 

Not saying you have no chance, you absolutely do... but you are at a disadvantage and who wants to play at a disadvantage most of the time? 

 

Have seen 6.0 Kika jet BNZ the hell out of entire teams of 5.0-5.3 teams... not to mention 5.0 attackers/bombers. You can generally run and so on, but again, that makes for not so fun game play, having to run because the matchmaker decided to place you vs superior tiers.

 

It adds up the more you play... not game breaking, but irritating and i feel if they fix it a lot more would actually play higher tiers vs staying at the low ones.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Above 5.7 is horrible for GF.

 

But I have a T-64 now and that thing is super good.

Always top tier. 

It feels like a 10.0 BR tank.

 

Sometimes I see people with BR 8.0, 7.7 and 7.3 in their lineup trying to play.

My god I feel sorry for them. There is just no competition.

5 second reload 400mm pen  tungsten pin flying straight through their tank no matter where I shoot them.

And it doesn't matter what they shoot me with they cant pen me anyway.

 

I'm currently in my KV-1B/Pz4 combo grinding the Panzerkampfwagen70.

2000xp per battle, 200 games to go. But hey those are fun games.

And on average I get more XP than I would driving a Maus or something horrible like that.

 

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree. At 6,7 and up in AB it's just a chore (who the f--k finds it enjoyable to grind 28000xp for the frigging brakes?!! I mean come on..) and really no fun at all since br compression makes the balance go weird. God knows I've tried to make the best of the Leo 1 for example, but it just aint fun playing the higher BR's.

IMHO Gaijin should do something (dunno what) to break the stale climate at higher BR's if they want more people to play...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So go and play a BR that you do enjoy - nothing is forcing you "up" the research path except yourself.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:30 AM, Krazud said:

As the title says, i find the game a lot less fun the higher i climb the BR ladder. Had it with tanks(researched all except new ERA for USSR) and now with planes...

 

At that BR, 1.0 BR means you are in a prop plane vs a jet and other situations where i feel player skill is greatly canceled by the fact that one player has a superior machine to control. Not to mention all kinds of toxic game play start appearing a lot more often.

 

Its also that they add all kinds of machines but some are severely underpowered compared to some of the enemies they can face. While i think they should add as many as they can, balancing is important because you research modules for those vehicles in PvP matches, so if the vehicle is bad or doesn`t fit the meta, your game play will be frustrating and that just hurts the game.

 

Anyone else has the same impression? Share your opinions and fixes if you have any...

A inferior plane can easily shoot down one that is many tiers higher if you have the element of surprise and that is proven time and time again in the only mode where you can get surprise over a enemy.  AB and RB have markers that are SAT/NAV friend or foe identifiers that work better than the equipment of the most modern armies of today.  You have no chance of using surprise or the advantages of one aircraft over another.  The MC202 for example often shows up against LA9's, P51H, and Yak 3's and more often than not, spank them! 

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, *ChameleonLord said:

You have no chance of using surprise or the advantages of one aircraft over another.

There's a reason why people in AB still use stealth belts even though they may be subpar damage-wise compared to other belts.

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure tunnel vision happens.  That is only a special circumstance.  Markers on the mini map and markers on the aircraft themselves available from 8KM away just make stealth approaches virtually impossible.  Losing a plane to ground clutter or clouds, virtually impossible and both AB and RB culminate in basically a bunch of seagulls saying 'Mine, Mine, Mine'!   It can certainly be fun gameplay but it has nothing to advantages over one aircraft or another.  Player skill is largely negated by the mouse aimer's computer flying the plane for him.  2km snipe shots in aircraft are not only possible but more common than you think.  When my friend's 3 year old jumps in a plays daddy's game and flies with no issue and gets kills just by pressing the fire button at the appropriate time and moving the mouse over a enemy plane's marker and keeps it there so he can chase him, that kind of says a lot really!   It is certainly a better game in AB and RB than WoWP but I can see and understand the OP's frustration with the game!

  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25.10.2017 at 10:30 AM, Krazud said:

I find the game a lot less fun the higher i climb the BR ladder.

...

Anyone else has the same impression? Share your opinions and fixes if you have any...

 

I agree with you. I noted the same.

 

Easy fix: Get good. Spade your vehicles. The comfort zone grows with time.

 

Don't rush down the tree!

Edited by Dodo_Dud
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes , in GF 5.7+, a qualitative imbalance starts to occur. The power jump between tanks is too big. It's not fun, it's annoying, it's demoralizing and it's frustrating. I agree and I understand the players who have chosen to simply leave the game when they observe a Tier + 1 majority on the enemy team. Nobody wants to be easy prey for RP. If Gaijin does not do something about it he will have serious problems.

Edited by DarkHearth
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2017 at 3:32 PM, Dodo_Dud said:

 

Easy fix: Get good. Spade your vehicles. The comfort zone grows with time.

 

Don't rush down the tree!

 

Best advice there is for the impatient ones.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AB air battles are in my opinion more challenging and fun in the top tiers.

An average player that have played the game for a while can easily dominante a lot of the low BR battles he participates, but can do so a lot less frequently at the higher BR's, and I suspect that is part of the reason many players prefer the lower tiers.

Of course everyone enjoys being at the top of the scoreboard sometimes, but I stille prefer to have about 90-95% of my games in tier 4 and 5, just because it's a very big difference in how you can play the game when the average player is on your skill level or higher.

And pure jet games are almost like a different game mode. I like the fast pace with a lot shorter windows to hit your targets.

 

Edited by Swearengen
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rewards for playing high-tier battles (AB, RB, and SB) need a serious buff.

Sadly, because moneyz speak louder than fun and balance, we won't see that happen.

Edited by *BrentD15
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a real problem for the game, the high tier grind is still too high. It’s much more fun to play around tier 3. It’s been fun with the new Italian and French tress going back to start from tier 1 and derping around. 

More needs to be done to interest players in high tier gameplay, as the side effect of putting experienced players off is that they go have fun in lower tiers and club newer players on their way up with fully spaded vehicles and more skill.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/10/2017 at 12:21 PM, ____B00K3NDS____ said:

Even though I don't play tanks, I feel like it's different there. For example, in tanks, I'm sure there's a lot of tanks with superior armor that just can't be penned by a lower tier tank. However, in planes, any plane can kill any plane, and all you need is skill.

 

Yeah, try penetrating a Cobra King if you are 3.7 and get up-tiered.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.