Current Team Killing Policy

On 16/01/2021 at 19:12, Dreisn said:

i feel lile the TK need to pay for full repair cost but the player pay 50%

Not by default. 

I think, the victim needs to select to punish or forgive. 

I just had a match in my French Hellcat. There was a US Hellcat on my team that had a 109 on its tail. 

I got onto the tail of that 109 and after a bunch of scissors, I was in a perfect position to shoot him down. 

But guess what happened...the Hellcat that I saved had in the meantime positioned himself above me and slammed into my roof, killing us both and saving the enemy. 

He also caught a few of my bullets and gave me a teamkill penalty. 

So this guy alone saved the enemy that has been chasing him, while at the same time killing both of us and giving me a penalty... 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hello fellow players,

I feel that the current teamkilling and abusive gameplay moderation and rules don't do enough.

While they crack down on verbally abusive players hard, even tough there is a blacklist and mute option for this.

The teamkilling and harassment punishments seem rather lackluster, you need multiple teamkills to actually get kicked from a game.

And yes while it sometimes happens on accident (i dont blame those people for it, everyone makes mistakes) ive seen way too many players doing the following things:

1. Bombing or rocketing teammates they dont like.

2. Pushing teammates out of cover into the enemy line of fire.

3. Pushing teammates into water or stuck against a wall.

Is anything actually being done against these 3 things when you report a player?

Most of the toxic chat ingame seems to come from one of these problems, and this actual abusive play (it ruins other peoples games) needs to be punished.

Let me know if im missing something or how you think about the current teamkilling situation.

Stona (Posted )

Merged
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 16/01/2021 at 13:12, Dreisn said:

i feel lile the TK need to pay for full repair cost but the player pay 50%

The teamkiller should pay more (they do than repair cost already), they pay about 30k in jets, and about 20k in props I think.

It should be 10x amount, to deter people from randomly firing missles and shooting in crowds.

• 2 weeks later...

I have played a lot of realistic and I never knew there was team damage in realistic. I randomly shot at a team mate flying over head and killed him. Any way that it could be made obvious that team damage is a thing? I played 700 RB before I found out and even then I didn't know until I shot him down with out realizing that is what would happen.

Thanks!

On 23/01/2021 at 09:18, PointyPuffin said:

I think, the victim needs to select to punish or forgive.

Yes sir I like this idea. But wouldn't this make people want to see if you were in a good mood by killing you and then waiting for you to forgive them?

On 09/02/2021 at 01:08, Bellator138 said:

Any way that it could be made obvious that team damage is a thing?

Realistic is in the name of the mode. Idea being that you should assume things to happen as IRL and liberties taken in that regard for various gameplay purposes are the exception.

medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Himish said:

Realistic is in the name of the mode. Idea being that you should assume things to happen as IRL and liberties taken in that regard for various gameplay purposes are the exception.

Yes very realistic tho isn't it? No tank team damage but airplane team damage. That doesn't make sense.

4 hours ago, Praevasc said:

Yet there is no team damage from direct hits in ground and naval...

Used to be in ground, but I understand that the level of toxicity of the player base made it easier to just remove FF than deal with the optimization of a penalty system. Such a shame.

3 minutes ago, Bellator138 said:

Yes very realistic tho isn't it? No tank team damage but airplane team damage. That doesn't make sense.

I would assume it is because lack of team damage causes less harm to gameplay of tanks, since the weaponry is very precise so accidental teamkill is a rare occurence anyways. Team damage is on in also arcade planes, since it would be silly if you could just spray and pray anywhere and only bad guys get damage.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Himish said:

I would assume it is because lack of team damage causes less harm to gameplay of tanks, since the weaponry is very precise so accidental teamkill is a rare occurence anyways. Team damage is on in also arcade planes, since it would be silly if you could just spray and pray anywhere and only bad guys get damage.

Yes sir. :)

I didn't know there was team damage in arcade planes either. Is there somewhere I can read about this stuff?

Thanks!

On 10/02/2021 at 21:21, Bellator138 said:

Yes sir. :)

I didn't know there was team damage in arcade planes either. Is there somewhere I can read about this stuff?

Thanks!

You can't damage friendly planes in Air Arcade, but if you shoot at a friendly long enough you will be kicked from the battle.

medal medal medal

23 hours ago, krise_madsen said:

You can't damage friendly planes in Air Arcade, but if you shoot at a friendly long enough you will be kicked from the battle.

Oh. That isn't good :D

Thanks for tip. I never shot at allies in air arcade before that I can remember. Now I wont anyway lol.

The price for team killing within air to air missile Brs should be increased. Ive just came into the proper jet league rather than rocket craft and as im getting into more games with air to air missiles, the amount of team killing is rising. almost every second or third game, if im in chase of a enemy, a team mate will dumbly fire off a missiles to try and yoink the kill. resulting in the missile aiming for me. I have not used air to air myself, and i dont claim to be even a decent pilot, but stupid actions should come with a higher penalty. it should be obvious how to use your weaponry, though it seems like Air to air users think they are top notch and shrug off any fault they do.

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

merged
medal medal

Intentional team killing just takes the fun out of the game. Blue on blue happens in real life, if it is not intentional, it should have no adverse consequences other than the offending party paying for SL repair costs. Using self guiding munitions such as IR missiles does present the increased possibility of unintentionally blowing your team mate's vehicle to kingdom come. ID your target before you fire anything.

That being said, I've had irritated own helicopter blow me up just because I shot down a target he was after. I've also had some rather sad soul drop artillery on soft skinned SPAA, just because he placed his SPAAG in a bad spot and got no kills. Or the case where my helicopter was shot down by a team mate who's excuse was that the game as about to end.

It seems the higher the BR, the worse the behavior of some people. These offenders have all been level 100 players.

Then again, I have had blue on blue by accident. With apologies following. Now that is not a problem at all. It happens in a melee, especially in mixed battles where you might be fighting against the same equipment you are operating.

Now as a suggestion, I'd like to offer that feedback be provided if one files a report. At the moment there is zero feedback from Gaijin on any report that you send to them.

I think the Team-killing problem is at the same time, a simple and complex problem.

There's many ways of team-killing:
 - Some are explicit (Deliberately shooting down a friendly plane with either Missiles or Guns, or bombing / rocketing a friendly ground player)
 - Others are implicit (pushing allies out of cover, damaging a player enough to alter their performance, resulting in their death. For instance: destroying the elevator of a plane, destroying the breech of a tank while under enemy fire, etc...)

- Yet some are unintentional (bombing a enemy capped point, then by the time your bombs fall, the point is being taken by your allies and you end up bombing one)

I think the "Punish or Forgive" system would work very well considering the current team-kill rules in the game.
I don't think it would be difficult to develop too.

One thing is for sure, if you decide to punish a player, then he should pay the full repair cost of the destroyed vehicle, in addition to a penalty.

If you decide to forgive him, then you will pay the repair cost but he will pay the penalty anyway.

Team-killing can ruin a game, and need to be treated seriously.

Gaijin efforts against team-killing are there, but not enough. Sometimes the penalty is smaller than the repair cost of the player vehicle's repair cost.
Also, I think the penalty should be a percentage of currently owned SL, not a fixed cost. That way, the excuse "I have 10 million, I don't care" won't be ever heard again.

• Like 1
medal

7 hours ago, Ledyuka said:

One thing is for sure, if you decide to punish a player, then he should pay the full repair cost of the destroyed vehicle, in addition to a penalty.

If you decide to forgive him, then you will pay the repair cost but he will pay the penalty anyway.

Why would anyone but the most extremely generous players click the button "I want to pay for my repair costs" if there is another button saying "let the other guy pay for my repair costs"?

53 minutes ago, Praevasc said:

Why would anyone but the most extremely generous players click the button "I want to pay for my repair costs" if there is another button saying "let the other guy pay for my repair costs"?

I know it sounds weird, but you want to have the possibility to be nice in this kind of system.
Yes, it entirely relies on the player's understanding and judgement to tell if you voluntary wanted to team-kill or not, and yes there would be abuse.
However, from my perspective, you shouldn't team-kill in the first place. Even if it's involuntary.

You gotta check the situation before doing a move.  

medal

2 hours ago, Ledyuka said:

I know it sounds weird, but you want to have the possibility to be nice in this kind of system.
Yes, it entirely relies on the player's understanding and judgement to tell if you voluntary wanted to team-kill or not, and yes there would be abuse.
However, from my perspective, you shouldn't team-kill in the first place. Even if it's involuntary.

You gotta check the situation before doing a move.  

Agree, however blue on blue happens in real life as well. It is part of the risk of combat. Especially true with smart munitions you have no control over after pressing fire.

• Like 1

On 21/02/2021 at 12:48, Ledyuka said:

If the question is report or not report, then it's easy to be forgiving and choose not to report.

But if the question is, "do you want to pay money for a mistake someone else made?", then why would anyone click on "yes"?

31 minutes ago, Praevasc said:

If the question is report or not report, then it's easy to be forgiving and choose not to report.

But if the question is, "do you want to pay money for a mistake someone else made?", then why would anyone click on "yes"?

That what I wanted to say: You can be nice by being understanding it wasn't intentional, and make your teammate not pay the repair cost. 

medal

21 hours ago, Ledyuka said:

That what I wanted to say: You can be nice by being understanding it wasn't intentional, and make your teammate not pay the repair cost. 

Intentional or not, I'd think it is only fair that the shooter pays for repairs. On some equipment these are quite expensive, over 20k silver lions for FlakRakRad. When it comes to others results from team killing, if it is unintentional, that should be it. Pay the repairs and off you go. If it is intentional, well, then there should be severe repercussions to the offender starting from paying repairs to being banned from playing for x length of time etc.

Edited by [email protected]
  • Like 1