MrFies

BR 6.7 is dead.

Hey there..

after the recent BR changes  the 6.7 BR will always get uptiered to 7.3 7.7 thats just bad.

I would like to see some 6.7 vs 6.7 only again like before   18/20 battles are vs 7.3-7.7

of course Im using only rank 4   6.7 Tanks

Edited by MrFies
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

There might be less players now playing BR 6.7.

Most players that used to play at this BR where Germans, since the TigerII (H) is so popular.

But now, you got quite a problem after the recent update: Repair costs.

Ferdinand: about 15,000 SL

Tiger II (H): about 6,000 SL

Good luck trying to break even! I stopped playing this line-up. It's a shame, I liked both tanks.

• Upvote 4

So 6.7 is finally getting a taste of their own medicine.  I had left 5.7 BR because it was 95% uptiered and there was nothing I could do against the Tiger II (H), and other tanks with my wonderful AP ammo when I had to aim for a minuscule weak point and they could point and click anywhere.

Not that this 6.7 BR uptier is great for the game either, as it drives people away from playing vehicles or wanting to play the game.

Repair cost is doing that to me also, along with free repair time.  Wonderful to use a vehicle, do well in it (2-3 kills), get destroyed, and still either have to lose 5 to 10 k to repair it right then, or wait 5 days for it to repair while in a crew slot.  Means I won't be playing that nation for the next 5 days, as I cannot spare the lions.  Less incentive to play, less incentive to look at premium time, less incentive to look at purchasing a premium vehicle, etc.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

The Ferd grind was taking soooo long that I just had to go back to those lowly 2.3 vehicles where I could average at least 15k in SL per game. :facepalm:

Edited by io_i_oi
medal medal medal

6.7 has been dead for the past 6 months at least, what with the is-6 clubbing and frequent uptiers vs 7.7 Russia.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
medal

9 minutes ago, Merquise said:

1.0 BR spread is dead.

But there is nothing WT can do about it because of lack of players.

quite so

95% of my 4.7 line up end up fighting Tiger H I and Panther D

95% of my 6.7 line up end up fighting 7.7 tank

and my 6.0 fighting 7.0 day and night

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

Edit: Sorry, this was supposed to be in response to there being nothing Gaijin can do about low player numbers, but the quote didn't work the way I thought it should.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't agree. I think that ultimately GJ is responsible for the state of their game, due to the choices they make. 

I think there have been numerous choices that they have made that frustrate players, and drive them away from the game. Which then results in a smaller player base, and people get frustrated and leave the game. Rinse and repeat.

I would hazard that most of us here really love this game because of the potential we see in it. And I really don't want this to turn into 'that other tank game' which is so popular, but I can't stand.

But I have to say on a personally level, I really don't feel that I trust GJ or the choices they make. And I don't feel like they're really responsive to their player's concerns.

I'm not saying that just to be a jerk. In fact, I want to like and trust GJ, but here's why I have trouble with that.

It largely due to the business model they operate under. GJ makes their money through Golden Eagles. Fine, I believe in supporting a game I like (and I have supported GJ rather a lot in this way) and I also believe in getting compensated for your work. But what they've done is set the game up so that people are actually, in many cases, paying to bypass suffering and bad mechanics. In other words, in the short term, GJ might think they actually benefit from making players suffer and it could be seen as in their interest (short term) to keep making the game miserable, as it motivates players to buy GE to bypass it. And so GJ is rewarded. E.G. US Tanks starting out with APCR. Tanks not starting with parts or FPE. And of course the biggie is the grind, which is horrendous at high levels. In the short term, this might work for them, but I think it also makes people leave the game due to frustration. And so it becomes something of a vicious cycle.

And to tie this back, yes, in this way I believe GJ is responsible for lower player numbers, because of the experience they're having when they try the game, which results in bad BR MM. And all of that is GJ's to control. The only choice players have is whether to stay or leave (or buy GE). For now I'm opting to stay in the hope that things improve. But when I keep getting the full 1 BR uptier 75% of the time (I tracked it) I begin to worry.

Edited by T3nkN3rd
clarification.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal

Add to that BR spread and this crazy math that determines whether or not your shell pens just makes it all the worse to play the high tiers.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

19 hours ago, T3nkN3rd said:

I think there have been numerous choices that they have made that frustrate players, and drive them away from the game. Which then results in a smaller player base, and people get frustrated and leave the game. Rinse and repeat.

I would hazard that most of us here really love this game because of the potential we see in it. And I really don't want this to turn into 'that other tank game' which is so popular, but I can't stand.

But I have to say on a personally level, I really don't feel that I trust GJ or the choices they make. And I don't feel like they're really responsive to their player's concerns.

I'm not saying that just to be a jerk. In fact, I want to like and trust GJ, but here's why I have trouble with that.

It largely due to the business model they operate under. GJ makes their money through Golden Eagles. Fine, I believe in supporting a game I like (and I have supported GJ rather a lot in this way) and I also believe in getting compensated for your work. But what they've done is set the game up so that people are actually, in many cases, paying to bypass suffering and bad mechanics. In other words, in the short term, GJ might think they actually benefit from making players suffer and it could be seen as in their interest (short term) to keep making the game miserable, as it motivates players to buy GE to bypass it. And so GJ is rewarded. E.G. US Tanks starting out with APCR. Tanks not starting with parts or FPE. And of course the biggie is the grind, which is horrendous at high levels. In the short term, this might work for them, but I think it also makes people leave the game due to frustration. And so it becomes something of a vicious cycle.

And to tie this back, yes, in this way I believe GJ is responsible for lower player numbers, because of the experience they're having when they try the game, which results in bad BR MM. And all of that is GJ's to control. The only choice players have is whether to stay or leave (or buy GE). For now I'm opting to stay in the hope that things improve. But when I keep getting the full 1 BR uptier 75% of the time (I tracked it) I begin to worry.

^Exactly! I might add from my personal experience: The more fun I had in the game, the more money I spent. Regardless if I "needed" (for making progress in the tech tree e.g.) to buy something or not. But that seems to be really my very own experience, because otherwise Gaijin couldn't continue like this for so long (been playing the game since 4th january 2014 I think^^... just after 1.37 was released)...

About the BR: I played a lot of top tier for over 1 year now, but now with the introduction of tier 6 it feels like all my time and resources I invested in "top tier" vehicles are kinda gone. Which is why I moved down for now and probably will stay there... Even more of a reason for me to spent even less money... But again, obviously I must be very different to the average player, otherwise tier 6 would simply die out, which it doesn't!^^...

The uptiering sucks, no doubt, but there are always "BR fun islands" so to speak, which will get more likely downtiered. 7.7 is one of them imo since the new BR's were added!:good:

Edited by baltsen

I've played 19 games today and haven't been top tier once, at 5.0. So the ridiculousness doesn't just exist at 6.7.

But it will never change and the time when it could and should have done so has long since gone, despite it doing more harm than good.

Just imagine how bad things will be when tanks on water finally arrive..

On 25.10.2017 at 1:45 PM, Pat_McGherkin said:

I've played 19 games today and haven't been top tier once, at 5.0. So the ridiculousness doesn't just exist at 6.7.

Uhh, I feel you Pat, 5.0 is one of the worst BR's for a while now I think. Some tanks there don't bother to meet higher ones, thinking about the KV-2 for example, but many others really struggle imo, like the  Thunderbolt and 76 mm Sherman's. The latter ones were btw one of the vehicles I finished a gold wager on my own, but these times are gone a long time ago! xD

On 25.10.2017 at 1:45 PM, Pat_McGherkin said:

Just imagine how bad things will be when tanks on water finally arrive..

Oh god seeing this mess they created so far, I am glad I didn't spent any cash on it, although I was really into ships when the first packages were available (played a lot of world of warships back then)... OK, I said I was really into ships back then and we obviously got "boats" at this time, which was probably the reason for me to not spend any money!^^

Edited by baltsen

On 24/10/2017 at 5:51 PM, T3nkN3rd said:

Edit: Sorry, this was supposed to be in response to there being nothing Gaijin can do about low player numbers, but the quote didn't work the way I thought it should.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't agree. I think that ultimately GJ is responsible for the state of their game, due to the choices they make. 

One thing i think the other-tank-game-of-which-we-do-not-mention-by-name did right, was to transfer already unlocked modules to other tanks for free. Like unlocking the 128mm gun for Ferdinand, it would be unlocked when you got the Jagdtiger. And the same with ammo. The soviet BR-471D shell used by 122mm armed tanks, you have to research this shell like 7 times last time i checked. Thats horrible and frustrating to say the least, and the same with repair and FPE. 

The second feature i really liked, was the accumulation of free xp, so you could save some for tanks that were really bad stock. But in WT, everything is about GE, which is sad. I got 4 days left of premium, i recently got my Chieftain mk10, so british tree is more or less done. US tree im at M103, but the grind past M48 to M60 is long, and german tree im grinding in my new acquired Leo 1, but there are not really any tanks left that i would like to play, other than the next Leo, but an unarmored 8.3 tank with horrible (for the tier) stock ammo? Thanks, but no thanks. Then i´d rather go back to my 5.7 germans, or 5.7/7.0 british lineup and just play for fun without premium.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

On 10/24/2017 at 11:51 AM, T3nkN3rd said:

+1 Sir!

If they'd just make their game more enjoyable, more balanced, and more friendly for players...       Great Artists, Coders, and the sheer content is amazing; however, man...  Can they fix the obvious game play and balance issues??

I see the raised recruit a friend reward...    Yeah, I wouldn't suggest this game to a friend..    I wouldn't even have started this had it not been for their original game that didn't have a real module or vehicle grind.

Edited by Sidiros
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

BR 5.7 is good for me and BR 6.3 mostly but i don`t wanna play over this BR because i was tested in 7.0 BR -"panther 2 " and its insanely unbalance because many or Russian immune tanks what you need to face in front you can win shooting but you will be dead every time 

panther 2 should be BR 6.7 at max level or even 6.3 

BR 5.7 is fine because all the tanks are destroy-able what you face 

but 7.0 its different story then you need to kill stronger tanks but they are also too strong for 7.0 tanks  

• Confused 1

Just when I was about to give up on 6.7 then this happens to my half-researched Ferd......

ferd_survivor.png

...but not likely to happen again.

:crying:

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, io_i_oi said:

this happens to my half-researched Ferd

Congrats and the Ferdi is a great tank. Never quite understood why some people don't like to play it. Unfortunately, the repair costs hurt a lot should you lose it in battle....

• Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 4:57 PM, Davzl said:

Congrats and the Ferdi is a great tank. Never quite understood why some people don't like to play it. Unfortunately, the repair costs hurt a lot should you lose it in battle....

Well.... I still don't like to play it. It's a one-shot magnet. :facepalm:

medal medal medal

On 10/24/2017 at 5:51 AM, T3nkN3rd said:

t largely due to the business model they operate under. GJ makes their money through Golden Eagles. Fine, I believe in supporting a game I like (and I have supported GJ rather a lot in this way) and I also believe in getting compensated for your work. But what they've done is set the game up so that people are actually, in many cases, paying to bypass suffering and bad mechanics. In other words, in the short term, GJ might think they actually benefit from making players suffer and it could be seen as in their interest (short term) to keep making the game miserable, as it motivates players to buy GE to bypass it.

Totally agree.  I play less and less and while I have money to spend on games without much worry, I didnt spend money here for four months, not even renewing the premium account I had for 2 yrs.  That is the only way I can show them I am displeased.  I only broke my embargo when they had the anniversary sales. 

On this same line, I was playing a phone app and I really, really loved the game.  I spent probably $50 a month on it for a few months (again I have it to spend but dont want to throw it away).  Then in a few minutes I lost what would have taken me 2 solid weeks to replace, when I could have then just lost it again in a few minutes.  There was no protection in that game from being **** by higher level players.  

My point is that I quit the game.  I have never gone back.  I emailed them and told them that I would have continued to play, continued to pay and had no qualms if they gave us some protection from losing so much so quickly.  I never got a response.  They, too, care naught for the players (ie customers) and so they lost money.  Gaijin doesnt listen to us, clearly.  They are here to make money, understandably.  But, like you, I see their model as broken.  It is truly an amazing game but match making, crap teams, booster-bias all irk me to the point that I play less and pay far less than I might otherwise.  Yes, reward me for my effort, dont scare or frustrate me into paying you.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 11/28/2017 at 1:37 PM, frmrfran said:

Totally agree.  I play less and less and while I have money to spend on games without much worry, I didnt spend money here for four months, not even renewing the premium account I had for 2 yrs.  That is the only way I can show them I am displeased.  I only broke my embargo when they had the anniversary sales. 

On this same line, I was playing a phone app and I really, really loved the game.  I spent probably $50 a month on it for a few months (again I have it to spend but dont want to throw it away).  Then in a few minutes I lost what would have taken me 2 solid weeks to replace, when I could have then just lost it again in a few minutes.  There was no protection in that game from being **** by higher level players.  

My point is that I quit the game.  I have never gone back.  I emailed them and told them that I would have continued to play, continued to pay and had no qualms if they gave us some protection from losing so much so quickly.  I never got a response.  They, too, care naught for the players (ie customers) and so they lost money.  Gaijin doesnt listen to us, clearly.  They are here to make money, understandably.  But, like you, I see their model as broken.  It is truly an amazing game but match making, crap teams, booster-bias all irk me to the point that I play less and pay far less than I might otherwise.  Yes, reward me for my effort, dont scare or frustrate me into paying you.

AMEN  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by timestalker
stupid
medal

the Matchmaker is horrible...

this Uptiering is going on all BRs 2.3 figting 3.3

if your 3.3 you gonna fight 4.3 and it goes on.... i can count on my one hand how many Fair matches i had where half my team is not getting farmed by 1-2 1.0 BR higer heavies who are Practically immune to majority of tanks we throw at them.....

the 1.0 BR matchmaking needs to be reduced to 0.7 this is just horrible and frustrating...